Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1147838 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by niyioyesiji(m): 3:06pm On Feb 04, 2015
I want to go to Canada to do my PGD in any Good University there, Pls can u fill me in on what to do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Padike: 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2015
CruzAj:
NOBLE men;
I applied and got addmission at Nova Scotia comminity College last year December right now am gattering my documents to apply for Visa. My Sponsor is my direct uncle who is a management staff of NNPC and he has worked for 25 yrs, he has same surname with me and i have already opened a dorm acc in my name and he funded it with $20k i also have goten his own statement of acc which has a total sum of 32M, his pay slip and certificate of occupancy, letter of sponsorship and also affidavit of support which has been notorised in court. But my school has refused to give me my transcript at hand, they asked me to get a mailing address so they can send it to the embassy on my behalf, so i want to know if this is right.,if so how do i go about it. I also have my secondary school transcript can it be used in place of my university transcript since am going for a diploma. Also is there any other thing my sponsor needs to include? He already gave his contacts in his letter for enquires also his complimentary card.

Man your documents are very good to go. Just pay your tuition to seal it. Then put your Uni certificate. You don't need to put transcript. And write a statement on why you chose diploma and not any other course. And that you are coming back. Then pray. You'll rejoice by God's grace I promise

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2015
You are entitle to a personal copy of your University transcript as a right not a privilege.
Normally, your first transcript request should make you have a personal copy, if not request and pay for it.
This personal copy will NOT be address to any Institution and so you are suppose to scan it for online processing.
If you prefer paper route, you can print the scanned copy or even photocopy your personal copy, notorize it.
The most senior office at the exams and record of your school can also certify a photocopy of the original.Go with which
ever option is fastest and easier for you. They are all legally acceptable options. You need to include your Bsc Certificate scan
or notorised photocopy depending on the route if the transcript is proving too difficult. Early submission of a complete application is advised.
Cheers

CruzAj:
NOBLE men;
I applied and got addmission at Nova Scotia comminity College last year December right now am gattering my documents to apply for Visa. My Sponsor is my direct uncle who is a management staff of NNPC and he has worked for 25 yrs, he has same surname with me and i have already opened a dorm acc in my name and he funded it with $20k i also have goten his own statement of acc which has a total sum of 32M, his pay slip and certificate of occupancy, letter of sponsorship and also affidavit of support which has been notorised in court. But my school has refused to give me my transcript at hand, they asked me to get a mailing address so they can send it to the embassy on my behalf, so i want to know if this is right.,if so how do i go about it. I also have my secondary school transcript can it be used in place of my university transcript since am going for a diploma. Also is there any other thing my sponsor needs to include? He already gave his contacts in his letter for enquires also his complimentary card.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 4:12pm On Feb 04, 2015
to ave your transcript by hand is by runs. Find a lecturer in another school and request your transcript be sent to him. you then recieve it from him.
if you have enough money use ETX.com.ng they will order your transcript for you and give it to you. it should cost about 17k
CruzAj:
NOBLE men;

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 9jabiggurl: 5:00pm On Feb 04, 2015
modskiller:
please can you gimme a guideline on how you went about the paper route. Thanks. Also I'd like to know if they'll return the docs submitted e.g house and land certificates.

I have not submitted yet...however even when i submit in a couple of days i cant ascertain what docs would be returned until i get my package back with my TRV hence I guess you should ask those that have succeeded with paper route...i am on my way to succeed though....cheers

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 9jabiggurl: 5:06pm On Feb 04, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
to ave your transcript by hand is by runs. Find a lecturer in another school and request your transcript be sent to him. you then recieve it from him.
if you have enough money use ETX.com.ng they will order your transcript for you and give it to you. it should cost about 17k

In addition i support using ETX....let them send it to your employer or your uncle at NNPC and state that it is for employment purpose or click personal purpose......once you have it you can then include it otherwise....submit what you have and pray,.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by IyawoToBe(f): 5:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
Hello all. I just applied to university of Windsor. What are my chances of getting a scholarship or partial funding?

Or does anyone have a list of school that offers funding to international graduate students?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 5:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
9jabiggurl:

I have not submitted yet...however even when i submit in a couple of days i cant ascertain what docs would be returned until i get my package back with my TRV hence I guess you should ask those that have succeeded with paper route...i am on my way to succeed though....cheers

Amen
Are you applying for what start date??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ThatWarriBoy: 5:18pm On Feb 04, 2015
soji0509:
You are entitle to a personal copy of your University transcript as a right not a privilege.
Normally, your first transcript request should make you have a personal copy, if not request and pay for it.
This personal copy will NOT be address to any Institution and so you are suppose to scan it for online processing.
If you prefer paper route, you can print the scanned copy or even photocopy your personal copy, notorize it.
The most senior office at the exams and record of your school can also certify a photocopy of the original.Go with which
ever option is fastest and easier for you. They are all legally acceptable options. You need to include your Bsc Certificate scan
or notorised photocopy depending on the route if the transcript is proving too difficult. Early submission of a complete application is advised.
Cheers

When you are talking about transcripts, you should ascertain what kind they want. It might be an unofficial or an official transcript. Most Universities like the one I finished from won't give you an official transcript because an official transcript must be addressed and created for another organization or an institution that requests for it on your behalf. The one you are talking about that is not addressed to anybody is an unofficial transcript. That will be easy to acquire from the University.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by demoah(m): 5:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
awe2015:
Hello Fellow Nairalanders!

Could someone be kind enough to list colleges or schools that accept transcripts online

I actually applied to Fanshawe and i got admitted, but they are requesting me to send a part payment of my tuition which, but I am unable to do this because I plan on applying for visa before making payment for tuition abeg Oga Siga and slimdel... put mouth for this my talk oo... This na 2015, this canny stuff will not pass me this year in Jesus Name!!!! Amen!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Mohawk College
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 04, 2015
Please all the gurus in the house...my earlier post was not answered..Please assist advise whether my age at 36years to go for a Masters in Canada will be an issue at the Embassy...also i have a second class lower and its been difficult getting an admission from a University..i was advised to apply to a College and apply for any of the social sciences..will this swap not also be an issue with the VO...can i use a co-sponsor as a married man with 3kids (plan relocating the whole family when the process clicks,by HIS grace)? i have been working for the past 8years with savings but wouldn't mind additional funds as much as i can get...thanks all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by charlesbussyyahoocom: 5:53pm On Feb 04, 2015
your observation is not bad though,@least i see someone talking to me this time....thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by charlesbussyyahoocom: 5:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
hello people, pls how soon can i apply after getting my acceptance letter?.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by charlesbussyyahoocom: 6:00pm On Feb 04, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

You hav'nt got response bcoz you want some1 to do d job for u. What stops u from reading from part 5 to date, lots has been sheared and circulated here. Hav you tried google for ur research.?.
your observation aren't bad bro, thanks for taking your time to type this.....pls how soon can i apply after getting my acceptance letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Finestlex(m): 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
standupguy:

Yeah but i hear say 1k5 na plenty money for canny, say na like 3 months house rent.....lol
you heard right boss... $1k5 is something hoha. thats about N227k. God will surely perfect his plans for us all, Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Finestlex(m): 7:01pm On Feb 04, 2015
chrisa3:
Please all the gurus in the house...my earlier post was not answered..Please assist advise whether my age at 36years to go for a Masters in Canada will be an issue at the Embassy...also i have a second class lower and its been difficult getting an admission from a University..i was advised to apply to a College and apply for any of the social sciences..will this swap not also be an issue with the VO...can i use a co-sponsor as a married man with 3kids (plan relocating the whole family when the process clicks,by HIS grace)? i have been working for the past 8years with savings but wouldn't mind additional funds as much as i can get...thanks all.
baba, this your case tough o. but to the best of my knowledge, every man's case is different. there's no harm in trial. gather the right document and fire the application. you'll never know until you try. you need to construct a strong SOP on why you wanna further your education. all the best.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Padike: 7:53pm On Feb 04, 2015
ThatWarriBoy:

When you are talking about transcripts, you should ascertain what kind they want. It might be an unofficial or an official transcript. Most Universities like the one I finished from won't give you an official transcript because an official transcript must be addressed and created for another organization or an institution that requests for it on your behalf. The one you are talking about that is not addressed to anybody is an unofficial transcript. That will be easy to acquire from the University.

What uni did you finish from bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 8:23pm On Feb 04, 2015
@Padike tanks alot but for the school i applied for, there tuition payment will be due by August, they told me that in the last mail they sent to me regarding the comfirmation of my seat after paying the tuition deposit of $400. Tnx once again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 8:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
tnx alot @Soji0509 i tried all i could to convince them at exams n records but all to no avail they made it clear to me that no amount of money will make dem release the transcript to me...they insisted on me giving them a mailing address through which they can send it to the embassy on my behalf as an additional document. For my Bsc cert i have been adviced by my Cousin in Canada to submit both original and a photocopy since am applying through paper route also this my cousin is my first cousin from my mothere`s side he also sent me a sponsorship support letter where he clearly stated how am related to him, he also include his house address, his company address and phone number incase of enquires...he signed and his wife signed as well and some other docoments he scanned and sent to me( Permanent Residence card, marriage cert, info page of his international passport with his wife`s own too). He owns company over there and his wife is a black Canadian i jst hope this will make sence if i should include it to my application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 8:47pm On Feb 04, 2015
9jabiggurl:

Mine was returned to me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by niyioyesiji(m): 9:06pm On Feb 04, 2015
I will like to know about Canada Visa Processing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ThatWarriBoy: 10:07pm On Feb 04, 2015
Padike:

What uni did you finish from bro

Covenant University
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Padike: 10:25pm On Feb 04, 2015
ThatWarriBoy:

Covenant University

Had a cousin there..Elect. What year did you finish and what course. He finished 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 04, 2015
CruzAj:
tnx alot @Soji0509 i tried all i could to convince them at exams n records but all to no avail they made it clear to me that no amount of money will make dem release the transcript to me...they insisted on me giving them a mailing address through which they can send it to the embassy on my behalf as an additional document.

Sounds like my school
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by einsteino(m): 10:33pm On Feb 04, 2015
stevemims:
still gat U of S and MUN. All ds colleges wey i see nor get related courses to ma bsc(political science). Thanks

By U of S, do you mean university of saskatchewan?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by stevemims(m): 10:37pm On Feb 04, 2015
einsteino:

By U of S, do you mean university of saskatchewan?
Yea bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by einsteino(m): 10:48pm On Feb 04, 2015
stevemims:
Yea bro

I have been trying forever to make enquiries about their program, the cell number of the graduate secretary for civil engr is always on voice mail and no ever replies the mails i send.

do you know the deadline for 2015 fall
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 10:59pm On Feb 04, 2015
modskiller:
hi, please what's the lowest tuition of schools in that area. Thanks.

Well Colleges in Ontario are more expensive it ranges from 13000 - 15000 dols... But you can check selkirk college in BC tuition is around 10,000 as well as college of the North Atlantic...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by a4larin: 11:36pm On Feb 04, 2015
Yeah. I applied this January and used the online route. I didn't have to renew my passport. I hope its not requested at the point of issuance though. How far with your application?

checkyink:
@a4larin, pls when did you apply ? This January? And what route ? Also did you renew your passport before applying? Thanks man.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 12:12am On Feb 05, 2015
I applied this january too. Paper route. No decision yet. Its well for us all.

a4larin:
Yeah. I applied this January and used the online route. I didn't have to renew my passport. I hope its not requested at the point of issuance though. How far with your application?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by BoniTa08(f): 7:30am On Feb 05, 2015
stevemims:
Yea bro
Hey dear, sorry about the U of M decision. At least you have two more to look forward to. A decision is yet to be made on my application and its the same department. When did you finish your application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.