Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1147909 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pchax: 5:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
maxdozie:
Please i wanna ask 2 ques...

*Secondly Please someone should Tell Me to procedures to take... I have read Season 6 page 1-93 But i still didnt get any vital information ... Please someone should State them Out... So I can know what am doing.....

You've got 407 pages more. get back to work smiley

On a more serious note, read, 400-500. Some nice info is there.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sidnigga: 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
@pchax I'm very sorry this is coming late..d SOP u dropped really served as a plausible guildline in drafting mine..atleast u relieved me off d SOP stress a bit...God bless u plenty!! wishing u exciting and safest trip to canny
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pchax: 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2014
sidnigga:
@pchax I'm very sorry this is coming late..d SOP u dropped really served as a plausible guildline in drafting mine..atleast u relieved me off d SOP stress a bit...God bless u plenty!! wishing u exciting and safest trip to canny

Glad it could help you. I hope others who got theirs recently can follow suite.
The more we crowd source these SOPs the more accyrate we get when applying. I guess that's what online communities are for.

Thanks for your warm wishes.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by okchris: 5:30pm On Dec 12, 2014
Hello My Good People in the House. A.K.A E-Family. I was wondering, is there a particular time of the day to expect an email or an update from CIC? In Other words, what is the maximum time of the day/night (Nigerian Time) to know if one has to wait till the next day? Hoping for a kind response. Bless...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 5:34pm On Dec 12, 2014
okchris:
Hello My Good People in the House. A.K.A E-Family. I was wondering, is there a particular time of the day to expect an email or an update from CIC? In Other words, what is the maximum time of the day/night (Nigerian Time) to know if one has to wait till the next day? Hoping for a kind response. Bless...
... The issue is mainly with the naija network... Those cats at the Embassy dont work beyond 3pm I suppose... But emails dey hang cos of poor networks and congestion... so, email may drop into ur box hours or days at times... so, no one can be certain... just keep a restful mind and it will come...Though he dey miss at times sef...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by okchris: 5:43pm On Dec 12, 2014
Siga:
... The issue is mainly with the naija network... Those cats at the Embassy dont work beyond 3pm I suppose... But emails dey hang cos of poor networks and congestion... so, email may drop into ur box hours or days at times... so, no one can be certain... just keep a restful mind and it will come...Though he dey miss at times sef...

@ Siga. Thanks Bro. I guess if no mail or update today, na till Monday be that? God is Able.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 5:44pm On Dec 12, 2014
okchris:

@ Siga. Thanks Bro. I guess if no mail or update today, na till Monday be that? God is Able.
... Nah... dont be surprised... email fit drop Saturday or sunday after hanging... Just have it set up on ur phone and u should get the notification rather than log on several times...Is it medical call?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tohpeh(m): 5:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
Hey guys, I would like to travel to Canada through a religious body. My question is, can i start my masters school application when I get there or I need to process d application in Nigeria thru student visa route prior to my travelling? That is, two diff options-student visa or thru Church. Thanks, your contribution is needed pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by okchris: 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
Siga:
... Nah... dont be surprised... email fit drop Saturday or sunday after hanging... Just have it set up on ur phone and u should get the notification rather than log on several times...Is it medical call?

I actually applied on the 29th online and did Bio on the 30th of October. Submitted my Upfront Medical form with the documents. Been following peeps here, and seems something should come up any moment from now. Although, many people here have been seeing theirs around 7-8 weeks, while some say theirs earlier than that. This is 6 weeks+2 days for me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 5:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
okchris:

I actually applied on the 29th online and did Bio on the 30th of October. Submitted my Upfront Medical form with the documents. Been following peeps here, and seems something should come up any moment from now. Although, many people here have been seeing theirs around 7-8 weeks, while some say theirs earlier than that. This is 6 weeks+2 days for me.
... Ok... keep in mind Visa apps are case by case... doc verification may take longer for some people than others... Plus it depends on how fast the VO handling ur file is or how far he/she is willing to overlook stuffs or dig further... If ur program is January Start...u should hear soon...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 5:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
Tohpeh:
Hey guys, I would like to travel to Canada through a religious body. My question is, can i start my masters school application when I get there or I need to process d application in Nigeria thru student visa route prior to my travelling? That is, two diff options-student visa or thru Church. Thanks, your contribution is needed pls
... Guess u will be coming in on a visitors visa... Bro...its gonna be next to impossible to switch to Study Permit... u will have to head back to Naija to secure a Study Visa...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by okchris: 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
Siga:
... Ok... keep in mind Visa apps are case by case... doc verification may take longer for some people than others... Plus it depends on how fast the VO handling ur file is or how far he/she is willing to overlook stuffs or dig further... If ur program is January Start...u should hear soon...
Once again, thanks. Yeah, Jan. Intake. Will keep calm and be patient for the good news soon. The waiting is a total package
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 6:13pm On Dec 12, 2014
okchris:

By nxt week u should hear from CIC
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by suxes2005(m): 6:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
Tohpeh:

Actually, someone wants to get you the visa and
you're gonna pay big for it.

Don't ask me how I got to know except you convince
me more than reasonable doubt that its a true religious
body and if it is; then go and come back.

@ciggasr, bro you're doing great here ooo. I'm sure if
its easy to come carry all genuine applicants down there
you'll do it. I mean oga Ciga

I love this thread. I keep reading day in day out.

No plan for Canada yet but my blood will be applying
soon. Thanks to the guy who dropped his SOP and his
sponsor's letters as well. Its helping us help him write
a good SOP

~ Sheyi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tohpeh(m): 6:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
Thanks @siga... I will think on what option is best cos my aim was to get a job first to aid my travelling process for masters
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 6:22pm On Dec 12, 2014
suxes2005:

How far with ur canada asylum package shocked grin

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tohpeh(m): 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
suxes2005:

Actually, someone wants to get you the visa and
you're gonna pay big for it.

Don't ask me how I got to know except you convince
me more than reasonable doubt that its a true religious
body and if it is; then go and come back.

@ciggasr, bro you're doing great here ooo. I'm sure if
its easy to come carry all genuine applicants down there
you'll do it. I mean oga Ciga

I love this thread. I keep reading day in day out.

No plan for Canada yet but my blood will be applying
soon. Thanks to the guy who dropped his SOP and his
sponsor's letters as well. Its helping us help him write
a good SOP

~ Sheyi
yes it is true.... I think my best bet is to go and come back, then apply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by suxes2005(m): 6:25pm On Dec 12, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

How far with ur canada asylum package shocked grin

Hian! Stop nah sad sad sad sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by demoah(m): 6:27pm On Dec 12, 2014
Tohpeh:

If you are travelling through a religious body, you can apply for your masters while in Canada but you cannot change the status that brought you into Canada to a study permit. i.e If you come into Canada on a visiting Visa with the religious body, it cannot be changed to a study permit while in Canada (at least for the first couple of months) except you go to Los Angeles in the States to do it or back to Nigeria to apply for a student visa. The best thing to do is to apply for your masters from Nigeria and the student visa as well before travelling.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 6:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
suxes2005:

Hian! Stop nah sad sad sad sad
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tohpeh(m): 6:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
demoah:

If you are travelling through a religious body, you can apply for your masters while in Canada but you cannot change the status that brought you into Canada to a study permit. i.e If you come into Canada on a visiting Visa with the religious body, it cannot be changed to a study permit while in Canada (at least for the first couple of months) except you go to Los Angeles in the States to do it or back to Nigeria to apply for a student visa. The best thing to do is to apply for your masters from Nigeria and the student visa as well before travelling.
I feel u man! Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tohpeh(m): 6:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
demoah:

pls, whats the visiting visa's duration? Just curious to knw if it would suffice for a masters degree program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 7:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
Dear nairalanders...I just got called to submit my passport. Am so thankful to God. First thing I did was resign...God that felt sooooooo good.
I did medical on 6th Dec, passed on 11th Dec and got called today. Am so grateful to God and all the good people in the house. To all those still expecting, just hang in there a lil bit more. Cheers.

22 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 7:25pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ebola:
Dear nairalanders...I just got called to submit my passport. Am so thankful to God. First thing I did was resign...God that felt sooooooo good.
I did medical on 6th Dec, passed on 11th Dec and got called today. Am so grateful to God and all the good people in the house. To all those still expecting, just hang in there a lil bit more. Cheers.
... Nice... but please dont tell them at the POE that ur moniker is Ebola oo... lol Congrats...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 7:27pm On Dec 12, 2014
Oga siga i hail o, compliments of the season
Madam Tnuola, how far now, any show?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by demoah(m): 7:27pm On Dec 12, 2014
Tohpeh:
pls, whats the visiting visa's duration? Just curious to knw if it would suffice for a masters degree program
That is at the discretion of the consular. I have no idea

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Finestlex(m): 7:30pm On Dec 12, 2014
Exams are over... Thank God.. Now i can spend time with my family in this building.. how's everyone doing

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ebola:

Congrats Ebola!
So dats y u are spamming NL with empty posts
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
emperoracro:
Oga siga i hail o, compliments of the season
Madam Tnuola, how far now, any show?
... Empero... long time... how u dey..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 7:36pm On Dec 12, 2014
Oga siga and the rest of the house, pls can spouses with open work permit switch to study permits in Canada ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 7:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
Siga:
... Nice... but please dont tell them at the POE that ur moniker is Ebola oo... lol Congrats...

Thanks. I had the moniker way before this whole ebola saga. Abeg is dere any way to change it? I can't fit shout abeg.
Meanwhile, is there any one in the house going to Concordia University?

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.