Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,839 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1146214 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 12:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
'Bros na affidavit??which one, canada or ukraine....I get all d formats.. Haba!!! Na only God sabi who dy sign&stamp all these affidavits...
Online hopefulls, drop the goodnews ooo...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 12:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
Gods1son:

Can I leave that one year idle, cos I have issues with the company to help me out with the letter. My course is global business management. Pls suggest company types plssss

State in ur SOP that u re stil serving, provide copies of ur call up n postn letr, soa of ur nysc bnk acct..then u cn state that u r also workn at so so plc as a voluntry staff, then u provide the necessary docs to prove it..buh in d employmnt part of that form, fill only NYSC details...*i stand to be corrected*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 1:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
@Gods1son
when will u finish up with your NYSC? And what start date is the program you're goinf for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 1:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Yh thanks dear..
When re u reapplying...
R u deferring?

Maybe july/Aug
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Gods1son: 1:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
tnuola:
@Gods1son
when will u finish up with your NYSC? And what start date is the program you're goinf for?
Start date is 8th September and completion date of nysc is October ending. I was told that including nysc papers without completing it will make it look unfaithful to nysc and it means I can also exhibit such unfaithfulness in Canada too nd it can cause denial. Help pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 1:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
... Quick one **** ... 2yr Prog or U do two 1yr program one after the other to avoid unnecessary stress after studies... 3yr PGWP is the only peace of mind...

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by loladeoye: 1:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
I see some pple just like wahala... Pls dont start again abeg.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
tnuola:

My major fear with online is shrinking my docs too much and making it not visible enough for the VO. Imagine the VO not seeing your most important documents despite packaging a tight app, paper all the way mehn.

Thats my biggest fear with the online route. Some of those shrinking apps ehn, they can make the most important docs almost invisible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by minnietope(f): 2:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
yeah mehn....
i opted for paper after considering the stress of scanning and shrinking.
in the long run online is slower....the whole passport request and dispatch thingy takes 2 weeks more than paper.

for a fast app just do an upfront medical and submit via paper.......
you'll be waiting just to go pick up your passport next

Hello, I intend to apply via paper at the end of May, but i need to travel in June for a course (duration is 6 weeks).

I was of the opinion that even paper route does not submit passport until it is requested, is that the procedure, or would I be required to submit my passport and leave it with the Canadian Embassy through out the entire period they are reviewing my application.

Kindly reply all.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 2:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
Siga:
... Quick one **** ... 2yr Prog or U do two 1yr program one after the other to avoid unnecessary stress after studies... 3yr PGWP is the only peace of mind...

Please sir, I would kindly like to know if you've seen any rare case of a 20month program receiving a 3year PGWP after studies.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 2:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
minnietope:

Hello, I intend to apply via paper at the end of May, but i need to travel in June for a course (duration is 6 weeks).

I was of the opinion that even paper route does not submit passport until it is requested, is that the procedure, or would I be required to submit my passport and leave it with the Canadian Embassy through out the entire period they are reviewing my application.

Kindly reply all.

Thanks in anticipation

For Paper route, you'll be expected to submit your International passport until the end of the process.
I do believe that people still find a way around requesting for their passports, while the application is still in progress, if needed urgently but I have no idea how.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 2:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
minnietope:

Kindly reply all.

Thanks in anticipation

For paper route you're submitting your passport along with your documents.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
what is PGWP ...
Siga:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 2:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
Gods1son:

Start date is 8th September and completion date of nysc is October ending. I was told that including nysc papers without completing it will make it look unfaithful to nysc and it means I can also exhibit such unfaithfulness in Canada too nd it can cause denial. Help pls

Exactly.. I'll advice you fill the Nysc gap with something related to the program you intend to study.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
what is PGWP ...

Postgraduate work permit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
okaay thanks figured it out....cud u explain what mr siga was trying to paass across...
looks more like shorthand to me...
tnuola:

Postgraduate work permit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
im starting nysc may...
so im not mentioning nysc atall in my app....
Gods1son:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
please who has a sample of a letter of introduction from a company.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 2:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
okaay thanks figured it out....cud u explain what mr siga was trying to paass across...
looks more like shorthand to me...

If one takes a 2year program, you're eligible for a 3year pgwp without stress, den after that PR, which is almost everyone's target.
So his advice is either go for straight 2year prog or take 2 one year programs to make things easier.
For a one year prog, ur eligible to a 1year pgwp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 2:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
Kepner:

Please sir, I would kindly like to know if you've seen any rare case of a 20month program receiving a 3year PGWP after studies.
... I have seen a 1yr program chop 3yr PGWP... But that one only God knows what the immigration Officer was thinking...or maybe the guy carry Odeashi from hin village enter Canada... But dont bank on it ... Just do 2yrs or two 1yr program to have rest of mind... cos that 1yr PGWP go run fast finish before u call ur last name... and there are some cases u wont be qualified to get points for PR with 1yr PGWP... Unless u have previous work experience from Naija...

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 2:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
Great Ife, where have you been ?!!
You just disappeared like the big bang without replying my mails contrary to your promise, baba !
My own headache pass all this ban thing oooo.
Abi you want make I ban you from the internet worldwide ni !!
I be the father of www grin grin grin grin grin
Kindly respond over the weekend P-L-E-A-S-E ! I can imagine a pip into your incredible schedule. Successes all your way. CHEERS

pchax:
Been a while... Skimmed through the last 5 pages and I noticed some banning has gone on in the past. Interesting! I didn't even know such a thing existed. I also realized this thread has "internal" moderators. Also Interesting!

Being a moderator or a forum like this is not beans and I am not saying we should ban or not ban or whatever but I just hope Oga Siga is a moderator because no one deserves it more than him. I mean, the man has been here since and even after chopping every conceivable Canadian document, he still offers his help CONSISTENTLY. So if anyone is to be entrusted with the power to ban or not, it should be Oga Siga (and we all know he wouldn't threaten us smiley)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
im going for a three year advanced diploma....is that eligible atall...?? or i still have to do postgraduate diploma courses.
tnuola:

If one takes a 2year program, you're eligible for a 3year pgwp without stress, den after that PR, which is almost everyone's target.
So his advice is either go for straight 2year prog or take 2 one year programs to make things easier.
For a one year prog, ur eligible to a 1year pgwp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 2:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
im going for a three year advanced diploma....is that eligible atall...?? or i still have to do postgraduate diploma courses.

Good to go
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
ok thanks
tnuola:

Good to go

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Gods1son: 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
tnuola:

Exactly.. I'll advice you fill the Nysc gap with something related to the program you intend to study.
Help me pls, can u raise suggestion on what to use, the course I applied for is "global business management". I need it asap pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 3:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
I need that too, Boss.
Please if luck smile on you, send me at soji0509 at yahoo.com. Thanks
hayqinsbFX:
please who has a sample of a letter of introduction from a company.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by minnietope(f): 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
tnuola:

For paper route you're submitting your passport along with your documents.

Wow, ok. Thanks for your reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
no luck mehn....time for some free style composition...
soji0509:
I need that too, Boss.
Please if luck smile on you, send me at soji0509 at yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
I left VAC some hrs ago....went to reapply, ppl plenty eh...my number was 30...u can imagine.who else was there today?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
omo...so people dey yapa like that......rush hour things...
CruzAj:
I left VAC some hrs ago....went to reapply, ppl plenty eh...my number was 30...u can imagine.who else was there today?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by NigerianNewbie: 4:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
berexio1:
Save ursef the cost of travelling far away to get this done..That's why we have this options of online app in d first place.
Average processing time for both online and paper route is around 2 months..So u can apply and hopefully get ur TRV before july ends..

Thank you very much for the info. I do appreciate it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.