Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,153 members, 7,807,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1147714 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by NigerianNewbie: 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
tnuola:

Apply through paper route its actually faster than the online route for now.
Moreover, I doubt if you can apply from ghana since you're not legalling living there, and if you can you'll be spending a whole lot of money.

I will cancel that option of travelling then. Thank you for the advice.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
Gods1son:
Help me out pls. The only obstruction I have to submit my application is "NYSC issues". I attached a leave letter from my school's principal but I was advised to remove it cos it will make me look not ready to the VO. I wanna remove NYSC from my application. Thinking of getting a letter from a firm that I have been doing voluntary work with them. My questions are: Can such letter substitute the NYSC thing?
Not stating NYSC at all, will it be acceptable?
Pls attend to me urgently plssss.
add ur Nysc I added it in my first application and the only reason I was refused was finace.They didnt talk abt employment or home tie.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by morgan2006(m): 4:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hello CruzAj pls when were u delayed? pls is there any amount of period before one applies again to vfs? I sent u an email but u didnt reply tho. Cheers

CruzAj:
I left VAC some hrs ago....went to reapply, ppl plenty eh...my number was 30...u can imagine.who else was there today?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
CruzAj:
I left VAC some hrs ago....went to reapply, ppl plenty eh...my number was 30...u can imagine.who else was there today?

Was there. .
Na mad rush
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bennet642k2(m): 4:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hello house, has anyone received med call for those that processed there application since March.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 4:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
CruzAj:
add ur Nysc I added it in my first application and the only reason I was refused was finace.They didnt talk abt employment or home tie.

He hasn't completed his nysc and still wouldn't have by the time classes will start, so it doesn't make sense to add it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
[quote author=tnuola post=33065612]

He hasn't completed his nysc and still wouldn't have by the time classes will start, so it doesn't make sense to add it[/quotemy schl starts 5th of September while am completing my NYSC by october.So I added Nysc as my employment details and stated in my SOP that I am currently undertaking a 1yr Nysc which is a prerequisite for job offer in Naija simple. I used one paragraph for it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 4:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
morgan2006:
Hello CruzAj pls when were u delayed? pls is there any amount of period before one applies again to vfs? I sent u an email but u didnt reply tho. Cheers

I was delayed 25th of march. U can apply anytime u re ready.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 4:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
darefestus:

Was there. .
Na mad rush
it could be that we sat together. Can u describe urself?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 4:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
tnuola:

He hasn't completed his nysc and still wouldn't have by the time classes will start, so it doesn't make sense to add it
my schl starts 5th of September while am completing my NYSC by october.So I added Nysc as my employment details and stated in my SOP that I am currently undertaking a 1yr Nysc which is a prerequisite for job offer in Naija simple. I used one paragraph for it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeyiMiilan: 4:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
Dere is an app I use NPX...... Can't remeber it name and am currently on d road, wen I get home, I wld tell u d name so u can download it... Its compression is cool...@darefestus
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
CruzAj:
it could be that we sat together. Can u describe urself?

I was on cream shirt..and was Number 24.

You probably sat beside me just as i was about to go for the biometrics.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
SeyiMiilan:
Dere is an app I use NPX...... Can't remeber it name and am currently on d road, wen I get home, I wld tell u d name so u can download it... Its compression is cool...@darefestus

Done that already.
You could still tell sha..Who knows who might be needing it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
CruzAj:
my schl starts 5th of September while am completing my NYSC by october.So I added Nysc as my employment details and stated in my SOP that I am currently undertaking a 1yr Nysc which is a prerequisite for job offer in Naija simple. I used one paragraph for it.

I wouldn't advice him to do so tho..
What works for one doesn't work for the other.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
yregs:
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL - 2015)

1. Bobola86; Jan 30, Concordia University College of Alberta, online, PG TRV
2. Jengbetiele; Feb 15, UofS, Online, TRV
3. Pmiller1:Feb 17, Sask Poly, Dip, Online, DELAYED
4. uchetorial: Feb 17 Sask Poly,PG -Paper Route
5. Hesque: Feb 19, Humber, PG, Online, TRV
6. CruzAj: Feb 19, NSCC, Pgd, paper, DELAYED
7. Joeyf: Feb 26, NSCC, DIP,Online
8. Yreg: Mar 02, MUN, Pgd, Online, MEDICAL
9. Waledarep: Mar 03, MUN, Advanced Dip, Paper, DELAYED
10. Ohammed199: Mar 06, University of Manitoba, UG, Online
11. Marcuskens: Mar 08, MUN, Online
12. Dapsey66: Mar 10, Centennial college, PGD, Online
13. Newww1: Mar 17, Lakeland College, PG, Online
14. ada4all: Mar 29, Seneca College, PG, Online.
15. Moheat: April 8 Humber College, Diploma, online,
16. Sexysammy0906: April 8, Vancouver Island University, MBA, Paper
17. Jakay: April 8, MI of MUN, Adv. Diploma, Online
18. Darefestus April 23rd, UofL, PG, Online

If you have admission and have applied for TRV

Please provide the following information
**Submission date**Institution*
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper
**level of study

BEST WISHES

Updated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Gods1son: 5:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
tnuola:

I wouldn't advice him to do so tho..
What works for one doesn't work for the other.
Pls, suggest things for me to add for that 1year space. My course is global business management. I got a suggestion to get a letter for voluntary work in a firm. Help me with suggestions, my first degree is Fisheries Management.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by herkenorlar: 5:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
herkenorlar:

Does anyone know how to pay tuition fees to Canada other than dorm account or buying dollar?

House, I wanna reapply for my study permit again, but I'm sponsoring myself, I earn about 206k monthly and my tuition for the 2yrs program is about $16,800. Like how much can I put in my SOA, I used my uncle as sponsor when I first applied though. Other than letter of employmenot and study leave, which other things do I need to collect. Is it OK using my own personal account despite I used my uncle when I first applied?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by NigerianNewbie: 5:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
Kepner:

Hi!!! smiley
Congrats on your admission to UOttawa. Forgive my excitement, it's just always refreshing to see fellow future students.

As someone already suggested, you need not travel to Accra to submit an application. Just decide on whichever route will be more convenient for you and hope for the very best.
For the processing time, it's hard to tell these days but approximately 2months (paper seems less though), which means you'll well have reasonable time left to prepare.
Cheers.

P.S: the 31weeks doesn't necessarily apply

Lol. Please, you are welcome to be excited. I am as well, and thank you for the info.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeyiMiilan: 5:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hello guys, my lil 1 kobo opinion regarding shrinking of documents for online app, pls if ur document(s) is typed with small letters(front), after scanning d document, don't shrink it at all (corel draw, snipping tool etc! DON'T), rather arrange dem in microsoft word, den get an application dat can compress all the merged documents as one. Summary of my POEM: don't shrink ur document with small front b4 merging, compress afta merging in microsoft word...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pchax: 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
Gods1son:

Start date is 8th September and completion date of nysc is October ending. I was told that including nysc papers without completing it will make it look unfaithful to nysc and it means I can also exhibit such unfaithfulness in Canada too nd it can cause denial. Help pls

Been following your convo... but mehn, you don't need to focus this much on NYSC by putting all the callup letters or posting letter or whatever. You know what NYSC is? Service to your fatherland. Use that card and play it to your advantage. You can put it in your CV as your current job "Teacher in XYZ Grammar School. Under the National Youth Service Scheme". Or you can mention it in your SOP as part of your dedication to Nigeria i.e "Currently, in service to my fatherland under the youth service scheme, I have experienced firsthand some of the challenges in the country and I believe that with proper blahblahblah (something related to your field) we can solve blahblahblah (a challenge related to your field that is present in Nigeria). Hence my decision to further my studies in blahblahblah".

Side Note: I didn't include any NYSC doc in my app because in my callup letter, my surname was misspelled. In my certificate, my first name was misspelled. I just mentioned NYSC in my CV.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 6:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
CruzAj:

Exactly!! He should state that he is currently undrtakn d nysc program but he 'shouldn't' mention when he's 'finishing'..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Gods1son: 6:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
pchax:

Been following your convo... but mehn, you don't need to focus this much on NYSC by putting all the callup letters or posting letter or whatever. You know what NYSC is? Service to your fatherland. Use that card and play it to your advantage. You can put it in your CV as your current job "Teacher in XYZ Grammar School. Under the National Youth Service Scheme". Or you can mention it in your SOP as part of your dedication to Nigeria i.e "Currently, in service to my fatherland under the youth service scheme, I have experienced firsthand some of the challenges in the country and I believe that with proper blahblahblah (something related to your field) we can solve blahblahblah (a challenge related to your field that is present in Nigeria). Hence my decision to further my studies in blahblahblah".

Side Note: I didn't include any NYSC doc in my app because in my callup letter, my surname was misspelled. In my certificate, my first name was misspelled. I just mentioned NYSC in my CV.
Tnx for your suggestion, are u saying I should remove all papers relating to nysc. I shld just include teaching till date on CV, won't they expect docs to back it up if completed or not?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pchax: 6:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
Gods1son:

Tnx for your suggestion, are u saying I should remove all papers relating to nysc. I shld just include teaching till date on CV, won't they expect docs to back it up if completed or not?

The only employment docs I included were from my CURRENT job at the point of application (my offer letter, letter of promotion and photocopy of ID card). I mentioned past jobs (including my NYSC teaching job) but did not use docs to back it up but you know, different strokes for different people. I am just saying this to settle your mind and know that the absence of NYSC docs doesn't spell DOOM!

You know the most important NYSC document is the certificate. Therefore the question you need to answer is "If I include all other NYSC docs except the most important, will it raise a red flag in my application?". In summary, include docs that will support you application. Best of luck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 6:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
darefestus:

I was on cream shirt..and was Number 24.

You probably sat beside me just as i was about to go for the biometrics.
I guess u were one of the guys I pleaded to make a shift for me to sit and I made u guys four on the roll? and jst abt the time I sat a woman rushed to sit in front of us and the other guys sitting with us were talking abt how sharp she was.Were u the guy sitting by my right? I was on a see through shades.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 6:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL - 2015)
1. Bobola86; Jan 30, Concordia University
College of Alberta, online, PG TRV
2. Jengbetiele; Feb 15, UofS, Online, TRV
3. Pmiller1:Feb 17, Sask Poly, Dip, Online,
DELAYED
4. uchetorial: Feb 17 Sask Poly,PG -Paper
Route
5. Hesque: Feb 19, Humber, PG, Online,
TRV
6. CruzAj: Feb 19, NSCC, Pgd, paper,
DELAYED
7. Joeyf: Feb 26, NSCC, DIP,Online
8. Yreg: Mar 02, MUN, Pgd, Online,
MEDICAL
9. Waledarep: Mar 03, MUN, Advanced Dip,
Paper, DELAYED
10. Ohammed199: Mar 06, University of
Manitoba, UG, Online
11. Marcuskens: Mar 08, MUN, Online
12. Dapsey66: Mar 10, Centennial college,
PGD, Online
13. Newww1: Mar 17, Lakeland College, PG,
14. ada4all: Mar 29, Seneca College, PG,
Online.
15. Moheat: April 8 Humber College,
Diploma, online,
16. Sexysammy0906: April 8, Vancouver
Island University, MBA, Paper
17. Jakay: April 8, MI of MUN, Adv. Diploma,
18. Darefestus April 23rd, UofL, PG, Online
19.CruzAj: April 24, NSCC, Pgd, paper Route
If you have admission and have applied for
TRV
Please provide the following information
**Submission date**Institution*
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper
**level of study
BEST WISHES
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Gods1son: 6:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
pchax:

The only employment docs I included were from my CURRENT job at the point of application (my offer letter, letter of promotion and photocopy of ID card). I mentioned past jobs (including my NYSC teaching job) but did not use docs to back it up but you know, different strokes for different people. I am just saying this to settle your mind and know that the absence of NYSC docs doesn't spell DOOM!

You know the most important NYSC document is the certificate. Therefore the question you need to answer is "If I include all other NYSC docs except the most important, will it raise a red flag in my application?". In summary, include docs that will support you application. Best of luck!

I am very much willing to remove nysc from my application, cos it seems it is better not to mention it than an uncompleted program. The question in mind is, what do I state that I've been doing ever since I graduated which is exactly a year now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
CruzAj:
I guess u were one of the guys I pleaded to make a shift for me to sit and I made u guys four on the roll? and jst abt the time I sat a woman rushed to sit in front of us and the other guys sitting with us were talking abt how sharp she was.Were u the guy sitting by my right? I was on a see through shades.

Yes that was me.
Exactly, we spoke of the 'sharp woman'
I was on your right and I got the call for biometrics first.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Zattiezat: 8:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hello house
Please i am thinking of applying early may and was going to do so online but it seems paper route is faster now. Tried to download the study permit form but its not downloading is it filled online and printed for paper route as well?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by realone01(m): 8:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
You will need to download the forms, fill it on a computer system, validate n print it out
Zattiezat:
Hello house
Please i am thinking of applying early may and was going to do so online but it seems paper route is faster now. Tried to download the study permit form but its not downloading is it filled online and printed for paper route as well?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by marcuskens: 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
People of God, Medical mail don drop oo...maaaadt wait...7weeks aint beans...join me in thanking God.
Let me also thank @pchax for his templates, @yregs & @ohameed199...my 2 partners in timeline who incidentally have been BANNED!...& to all of u for making ds forum what it is
Submitted 8th March
Biometrics 9th March
Online, PGD, MUN

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 8:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
darefestus:

Yes that was me.
Exactly, we spoke of the 'sharp woman'
I was on your right and I got the call for biometrics first.
yea....small world I jst went through my posts and noticed u ve been commenting on my delayed application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 8:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
marcuskens:
People of God, Medical mail don drop oo...maaaadt wait...7weeks aint beans...join me in thanking God.
Let me also thank @pchax for his templates, @yregs & @ohameed199...my 2 partners in timeline who incidentally have been BANNED!...& to all of u for making ds forum what it is
Submitted 8th March
Biometrics 9th March
Online, PGD, MUN

Congrat bro

I tap into ur testimony

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.