Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1147825 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 1:32pm On Apr 25, 2015
On wht grounds
Mirror97:
I didn't get Trv after been called for medical .... though that was 2years ago
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Mcjimmy(m): 2:41pm On Apr 25, 2015
NaD720:
Hello NLanders,
Greetings to the successful applicants and the ones that are yet to receive their TRV or submitted. I am a 27 years old aspiring study permit applicant, However, my last educational qualification is a Professional Java Programmer Professional course which ended March 31st. . I obtained my Waec result 2008, so since then I haven't attended any polytechnic or university in Nigeria till date. Only been working minor works, which I was not employed with my Waec certs or any other certs. However, I am applying as an undergraduate student with a college in BC, Canada and I have gotten my admission letter and My resumption date is September 8, Which Orientation which is compulsory is August 24. and paid my one year tuition fee. With the receipt and the help of my sponsor(My brother) working in the oil firm with an closing balance of 6m. I need to ask The chances of me applying since my last Educational level from 2008 till 2014 was not known.

P:S, I haven't gotten my latest edu. qualification certs. Which I will obtain before my sbmission. SO if anyone of you have an advice to render, It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Also, My brother has a farm business which he manages as other source of income added to the income of him working as an engineer. Do anybody have any credible advice he/she could render as I plan on submitting first week of May and need a proper advice and/or documents that I need to arrange and submit before I proceed.

U have no problem in getting TRV if u believe...just make sure u get an employment letter from ur brothers farm stating that since u finish ur waec u have been doing a volunteer work in his farm or u get an employment letter and pay slip from any company ur brother knows . The company can help u with an employment letter and pay-slip just for formality. I guess that will cover for all the loopholes .

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by NaD720: 2:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mcjimmy:

U have no problem in getting TRV if u believe...just make sure u get an employment letter from ur brothers farm stating that since u finish ur waec u have been doing a volunteer work in his farm or u get an employment letter and pay slip from any company ur brother knows . The company can help u with an employment letter and pay-slip just for formality. I guess that will cover for all the loopholes .

Thanks for the advice, But one more thing that came to my mind, This peeps in question. They do thorough investigation in verifying documents. So if they get in contact with the company to verify if I've worked there and the company denies knowing me. Wouldn't that trigger a false documents in my application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Mirror97: 3:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
Insufficient fund ....... The Vo can do anything they like, but be rest assured after Medical its always Trv these days
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 3:23pm On Apr 25, 2015
You have nothing to fear.
In any case, Nigerian Immigration will not issue another one now until less than 6months.
I had a new passport from their Ibadan office in November last year when the old one was to expire in Feb. 2015.You see it was possible bc it less than 6 months !
Except ofcouse you want to declare that you lost it with a court affidavit and proceed to Abuja for a new one which is uncalled for.
When you get to Canada after choping TRV, less that 6 months to the expiration Nigerian Immigration will issue you another one.
You will have to be carrying the 2 passport (old with TRV + NEW) together whenever you have to travel. The only inconvenience there
is that the passport office may not be close to your residency. That is all.
olaniyisal:
Hello House,
I got my admission offer. And I have one year left on the international passport.

Thus, this is my question.

Can I still go ahead and submit my application for TRV.

Eventually, I believe and pray my application shall be successful.

My concern is Canada 2 years study permit and I have one year on the passport.

Pls house, as anyone been in this situation before. So as to know what I should do

Advice needed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Zattiezat: 3:25pm On Apr 25, 2015
Hello house,
Please in addressing my sop and sponsorship letters which address am i to use the vfs' "the manor" address or the ikoyi embassy one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mirror97:
Insufficient fund ....... The Vo can do anything they like, but be rest assured after Medical its always Trv these days

That is strange..
I'm sure something must have triggered their minds into believing u didnt have the stated funds even after asking you to do medicals (except if you did the medical upfront).
Did you reapply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
Zattiezat:
Hello house,
Please in addressing my sop and sponsorship letters which address am i to use the vfs' "the manor" address or the ikoyi embassy one.

The Ikoyi Address
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mirror97:

And you're sure you were'nt asked to tender a new soa after medicals?

I know someone this happened to not too long ago, a new soa was asked for after medicals, but unfortunately the sponsor had pulled most of the funds .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 3:33pm On Apr 25, 2015
You mean your brother or his representative managing the Farm for him will deny you when he is the issuing authority
You can only fear if the farm is not true. If its true, it should have registration certificate from CAC, should have letterheads, phone number, office address.
In your own interest please readback as much as possible up to thread 6 or even 5, then you will have nothing to fear to but just to prepare to receive the success. Best wishes
NaD720:

Thanks for the advice, But one more thing that came to my mind, This peeps in question. They do thorough investigation in verifying documents. So if they get in contact with the company to verify if I've worked there and the company denies knowing me. Wouldn't that trigger a false documents in my application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Mirror97: 3:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
Upfront medical?? No, i as was mailed i even did at Q- life hosp an i had 15M with good inflow of cash
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 3:44pm On Apr 25, 2015
Zattiezat:
Hello house,

You can't address to the manor/vfs, because that's not where's the vo is.
It's
Canadian Deputy High Commission
4, Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 3:46pm On Apr 25, 2015
@tnuola : Great ! And well done.
A guy was here a couple of weeks ago who was denied after medicals now. He is just applying afresh.
I have read someone denied even at the point of entry. These are not common at all but NOT impossible.
Oyinbo fit do Anything if they suspect inappropriate links to outlaw organizations etc
tnuola:

And you're sure you were'nt asked to tender a new soa after medicals?
I know someone this happened to not too long ago, a new soa was asked for after medicals, but unfortunately the sponsor had pulled most of the funds .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
soji0509:
A guy was here a couple of weeks ago who was denied after medicals now. He is just applying afresh.
I have read someone denied even at the point of entry. These are not common at all but NOT impossible.
Oyinbo fit do Anything if they suspect inappropriate links to outlaw organizations etc

These things happen, but on rare occassions, one should just be prayerful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
soji0509:
... U guys need to realize there are audits done and random files are picked from time to time by Supervisors or managers of VOs... If any file is picked randomly... it may result into further checks and if anything jumps out ... na yawa...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by NaD720: 4:32pm On Apr 25, 2015
soji0509:
You mean your brother or his representative managing the Farm for him will deny you when he is the issuing authority
You can only fear if the farm is not true. If its true, it should have registration certificate from CAC, should have letterheads, phone number, office address.
In your own interest please readback as much as possible up to thread 6 or even 5, then you will have nothing to fear to but just to prepare to receive the success. Best wishes

The farm is true. Infact it was set up Jan 2014. So I cannot have a rep from the company write and provide me an employment letter and pay slips because It was recently opened. Also, I'm looking looking for an alternative. I do not know wat to do at this time and need an advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by TDultimate(m): 4:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
Is it possible to do this police clearance without having to go to lagos. can somebody direct me if its possible to do it here in ph.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:10pm On Apr 25, 2015
It's too early for the farms details to be used for ssponsorship.....no stability have been attained. If your brother uses it as his source of funds it won't hold much water in the VOS sight.
NaD720:

The farm is true. Infact it was set up Jan 2014. So I cannot have a rep from the company write and provide me an employment letter and pay slips because It was recently opened. Also, I'm looking looking for an alternative. I do not know wat to do at this time and need an advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by TDultimate(m): 5:11pm On Apr 25, 2015
teana4040:
Hello hse,Jus did d affidavit of sponsporship today at a high court...was charged 1k...imagine..dats whts an agent said i shld bring 70k...na wa ooo....Guys thanks for all d responses i got
pls how can i get d format to type an affidavit of support?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by TDultimate(m): 5:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
SeyiMiilan:
Don't WAIST ur money... Type d avidafit of support (u shld get a format here), walk into any federal court n tell dem u wanna sign an avidafit... Shldnt be more dan 1k @teana4040
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blessedfavoured: 5:16pm On Apr 25, 2015
NaD720:

IMO, i don't think you should complicate issues for yourself by putting any work documents from your farm if you haven't been working there, if they find you out its way worse. A good SOP and well written CV will do it in your case. You said you've been doing other little jobs, talk about it and how it relates to the course you want to study and why you need the degree to break through the glass ceiling in your field.

Focus more on showing that your brother can sponsor you easily (bank statetements, pay slips, property docs, pension, his farm documents) and pray for favour.
you'll be good

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:22pm On Apr 25, 2015
Let's do all the things we can before we leave it to God's hands.
Documents speaks more than some lines in n SOP.
@ohammed199 depended on explainaation in his SOP but it didn't quite work.
His study gap is a Long one and at 27, he will need more than a good SOP.
Employment details
Personal assets and accounts..etc.
blessedfavoured:

IMO, i don't think you should complicate issues for yourself by putting any work documents from your farm if you haven't been working there, if they find you out its way worse. A good SOP and well written CV will do it in your case. You said you've been doing other little jobs, talk about it and how it relates to the course you want to study and why you need the degree to break through the glass ceiling in your field.

Focus more on showing that your brother can sponsor you easily (bank statetements, pay slips, property docs, pension, his farm documents) and pray for favour.
you'll be good

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by berexio1: 5:23pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mirror97:
I didn't get Trv after been called for medical .... though that was 2years ago
Hopefully it shud be medical/health related reasons...Did u pass the medical though?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 25, 2015
berexio1:
Hopefully it shud be medical/health related reasons...Did u pass the medical though?

He said he was delayed for insufficient funds..Probably had nothing to do with medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
tnuola:

These things happen, but on rare occassions, one should just be prayerful

You have nailed it.
I believe it all boils down to the G - factor.
Even those who got trvs probably didnt submit the best app but got through because of the extra dose of Favour on their app..

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by NaD720: 5:50pm On Apr 25, 2015
TDultimate:

Can you paste the format for the affidavit of support so we all can have an idea of what to write?

blessedfavoured:

you'll be good
Sure, I will. I was working with a big cyberlink company that has branch in Surulere and Ikotun as a Cyberlink attendant/assistant, and I wasn't issued with an employment letter or pay slips. I am focusing more on my brother's sponsor documents. Bank statement, 6m closing bal as at March 31st. 4 months back pay slips, No property docs yet neither pension. Offer of Employment from his current work as an engineer in oil firm, CAC from Farm business is available as well contact number, Do not have any idea if company letter head is available.

hayqinsbFX:
It's too early for the farms details to be used for ssponsorship.....no stability have been attained. If your brother uses it as his source of funds it won't hold much water in the VOS sight.
I do not plan on focusing more on putting the farm business as an additional documentation. I think all I will provide would be his SOA, 4 months back pay slips.

If anybody has any more idea/advice he/she should not hesitate to provide it here.

P:S: I am also in communication with an agent asking me to pay 150k for him to help me process my application, and I provided him with all documentation to use, but he insisted that I am almost behind schedule and that once he arranges my documents and process my application for me, that he knows a Canadian Immigration personnel that he would need to send all the documents for fast processing. I don't know if this is true or not. Is there anybody that could confirm this? And I need advice as well. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blessedfavoured: 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Let's do all the things we can before we leave it to God's hands.
Documents speaks more than some lines in n SOP.
@ohammed199 depended on explainaation in his SOP but it didn't quite work.
His study gap is a Long one and at 27, he will need more than a good SOP.
Employment details
Personal assets and accounts..etc.

And if he really has none of those?
and i never said he shouldn't add documents and rely on God. Read my comment again please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 5:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
NaD720:

P:S: I am also in communication with an agent asking me to pay 150k for him to help me process my application, and I provided him with all documentation to use, but he insisted that I am almost behind schedule and that once he arranges my documents and process my application for me, that he knows a Canadian Immigration personnel that he would need to send all the documents for fast processing. I don't know if this is true or not. Is there anybody that could confirm this? And I need advice as well. Thank you.
... Run as fast as u can... Canadian Immigration personnel... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
@nad720 okay, better
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blessedfavoured: 5:56pm On Apr 25, 2015
nad720 what course are u going for? is it related to what you've been doing? any professional certifications?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
Hehehehe....buh are dey not humans...cant they be known...*justasking*
Siga:
... Run as fast as u can... Canadian Immigration personnel... grin grin[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 5:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Hehehehe....buh are dey not humans...cant they be known...*justasking*
... Anyone wey tell u say hin get insider wey fit influence application... ask him if u can give him/her one of our medical awaitee Full name... make hin tell us through hin insider... the school, and personal details included on the application of that fellow... if he/she can provide such information only known to the applicant.... then and then I will believe... without evidence ...na wash..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.