Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1148002 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by modash(m): 10:06pm On May 01, 2015
tnuola:

Lodging is not really a good idea except the money has a source, and a proof for it like something from your sponsor, or proceeds from a sale ...
Are you sponsoring yourself?

So if I get the money and lodge in my account, it raises a red flag?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 10:21pm On May 01, 2015
modash:

So if I get the money and lodge in my account, it raises a red flag?

Yes it does, if you can't show how you came about the lump sum
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Onyeoma3: 10:31pm On May 01, 2015
deWav:

Thanks for the enlightenment. If one run a PGD program in a particular course can he/she do a masters in another course in the same field?

You're welcome.

That I'm not sure of. The department is in the best position to give you a perfect answer about getting admitted for masters in another course
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by austinebode: 11:14pm On May 01, 2015
Hi guys.

you guy are doing an awesome job here.

I need someone with loads of experience with Canadian student visa.
I need someone to bring me up to speed on some issues.

kindly forward your contact details, please.

Many thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by modskiller(m): 1:10am On May 02, 2015
Hello, please I'd like to ask the following.

1. if anybody can brief how to apply by paper.

2. If a sponsor can send his/her SOA directly to the embassy from the bank without giving to a third party.

3. If the police character thing is compulsory.

Thanks in anticipation & God bless.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kolt(m): 3:40am On May 02, 2015
Coming to Centennial College, York Uni, Seneca College, Uni of Toronto, and need a place of accomodation starting from June?

2 luxury furnished bedroom apartment available. All utilities included (Hydro, heat, washer + dryer, water, A.C, unlimited internet) located at Military Trail. $600 OBO

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mcdonald123(m): 6:02am On May 02, 2015
Kepner:

Okay. I was hoping to get more response on this but I think it'll be best to call them for clarity sake, if need be. Thanks Onyeoma!
Hey...i used lufthansa last week saturday....its 23kg 4 each bag u checking in....dats 2 of dem ...den ur hand laugage shud b 10kg maximum....u wud b fine wiv dat...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Finestlex(m): 7:01am On May 02, 2015
honestly, i've PM since 2010 that i joined NL, i dont even know what it looks like or where it can be found. no vex
deedee0:

Please check your PM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by deedee0: 8:08am On May 02, 2015
Finestlex:
honestly, i've PM since 2010 that i joined NL, i dont even know what it looks like or where it can be found. no vex
Ok. You just have to check your email connected with nairaland

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by TempusQ(m): 9:45am On May 02, 2015
[b][/b] Please I'm still waiting fro those who can help out on my questions below, THANKS!!!!!!!!

TempusQ:
Hello NLs/Gurus
I've actually been going through peoples post on this thread and it marvels me how good some individuals can be in helping out in cases like travelling abroad. May you be rewarded abundantly.
Although, it's my first time to seek for advice in nairaland, I hope the gurus in the house can help me out on it.
I've gotten my acceptance letter from a College in Toronto for a Graduate Certicate program in Supply Chain Management.
I've a B.Tech in Transport Management Technology (Option: Logistics Management) and 28 of age.
I can provide Job Offer Letter and 3-6 months payslip, but won't be able to provide my personal SOA because it's nothing to show for it.
I want to use someone that's not related to me but base in UK as my main sponsor and use my blood brother's land purchase receipts as Co-sponsor, but won't be able to provide any other supporting doc like affidavit from my brother apart from his passport data page because he stays abroad and believe you me no need to provide his own SOA due to low balance (he prefers landed property to keeping cash in the bank).

My humble questions:

1) The rate at which going for Graduate Certificate Program in a College can fetch one TRV

2) The effect of my age and achievement in granting TRV

3) How bad is using a not related person as a main sponsor?

4) The positive/negative effect of using someone who base in UK as main sponsor

5) Is providing just my brother's scanned passport data page and his land purchase receipts as co-sponsor doc. good enough?

6) Is it mandatory to provide my own SOA?

7) Knowing too well my degree and current job go in line with my prospective program, I really need like 2-3 samples of how SOP looks like in

order to draft a good one to back up my claims.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by vicarsenal(m): 12:00pm On May 02, 2015
TempusQ:
[b][/b] Please I'm still waiting fro those who can help out on my questions below, THANKS!!!!!!!!

My humble opinion.

Graduate Certificate is a good option, many people have chopped Trv going for it. Age is also not a factor since you're not going for UG.
Your sponsor must be legally based in the UK, cos you'll show his work permit and resident permit.
You'll need his letter of sponsorship, let him send you a scanned copy.
His SOA too is important cos this people want to see available funds. His landed assets is just a plus.
Since you're working put your soa no matter the balance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Chars1289: 12:26pm On May 02, 2015
hello ause, for dose dt applied thru online means.pls hw did u download d schedule 1 form.its nt appearing on my checklist bt dere is a tab for it to be uploaded. hw do I rectify this?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 02, 2015
demoah:

I understand the route you're talking about but I want to bring to your notice that most universities do not consider college certificates in granting admission into a masters degree. I'm not trying to ruin your plans but One of the major aims of Canadian Colleges is to turn out job ready graduates. If you get admission into a masters program afterwards, the least the university can do is to wave some of the courses you already took at college level. Your admission into a masters degree will be solely based on your Bachelors, Hence Canadian College programs cannot be used as an academic upgrade into a masters degree except in very rare cases(I haven't seen any). If you want an academic upgrade into a masters program then you should be looking at a PGD at the university level or a "Non-Degree" program (e.g. University of Guelph or Saskatchewan).
well...I wont totally agree with you, I believe a post graduate certificate helps to strengthen your masters application especially when its related 2 the masters field. I applied 4 MENG in EE @ uni of windsor sometime last year 4 fall admission, I was denied...reason was that my academic average in my last year was not good enough. ..so I now asked how can I strength my BENG...and d lady advised me to try and do a post baccalaureate/post graduate certificate in EE that dey offer....that if my grades are good.....it gives me a better chance.....so a pg certificate must definitely help to strengthen your application because its even very few universities that offer post graduate diploma...and in very very few courses. And there is no point doing a pgd in 1 course/field then apply for masters in a different field....there is no way that pgd can help 2 grant you admission. So what now happens to someone with a bachelors degree (2.2) in a course that no university offers a pgd in related course/field.....are you trying to say the person wont ever be able to do masters?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Zattiezat: 2:33pm On May 02, 2015
Hello house
Please i am filling my form what is UCI its the first question and im clueless
Also the cost of tuition on form is it for a year or the 2 years of study?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by TempusQ(m): 2:39pm On May 02, 2015
Loads of THANKS, bro!

@pchax, @siga, @justwise et al
Please, your own opinions still needed abeg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vicarsenal:

My humble opinion.

Graduate Certificate is a good option, many people have chopped Trv going for it. Age is also not a factor since you're not going for UG.
Your sponsor must be legally based in the UK, cos you'll show his work permit and resident permit.
You'll need his letter of sponsorship, let him send you a scanned copy.
His SOA too is important cos this people want to see available funds. His landed assets is just a plus.
Since you're working put your soa no matter the balance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CoCoLav(f): 2:54pm On May 02, 2015
Chars1289:
hello ause, for dose dt applied thru online means.pls hw did u download d schedule 1 form.its nt appearing on my checklist bt dere is a tab for it to be uploaded. hw do I rectify this?

Its in the part that says optional document or so just above the part for letter of explanation. Click on the document name itself, its actually a download link. Right click and select save as.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CoCoLav(f): 2:55pm On May 02, 2015
Zattiezat:
Hello house
Please i am filling my form what is UCI its the first question and im clueless
Also the cost of tuition on form is it for a year or the 2 years of study?
Thanks

UCI does not apply to you if this is your first time of applying. Cost of tuition is for a year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Chars1289: 3:17pm On May 02, 2015
CoCoLav:

Its in the part that says optional document or so just above the part for letter of explanation. Click on the document name itself, its actually a download link. Right click and select save as.

Thanks Coco
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CoCoLav(f): 3:36pm On May 02, 2015
mevisbleek:

Ottawa is a cheap city in terms of housing. I lived in Ottawa for a min and at that time i paid $400/month for a room (in a house with 4 other students). You can say accomodation $5000/yr

Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Zattiezat: 4:07pm On May 02, 2015
CoCoLav:

UCI does not apply to you if this is your first time of applying. Cost of tuition is for a year.
When quoting funds available for stay, am i to calculate the tuition, room and board and others for a year and quote or i am to quote the funds available in sponsors account
The total cost when added is about $25000 is that too small to quote as funds available?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ifegy: 4:10pm On May 02, 2015
Zattiezat:

When quoting funds available for stay, am i to calculate the tuition, room and board and others for a year and quote or i am to quote the funds available in sponsors account
The total cost when added is about $25000 is that too small to quote as funds available?

Funds available for stay= how much money is available in your/your sponsor's bank account for you to use for your studies.
Compare the $25K to the amount needed for tuition, accommodation, etc for one year, to see if it's enough.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CoCoLav(f): 4:28pm On May 02, 2015
Zattiezat:

Calculate it for a year and let the funds available be slightly higher than the total of the tuition + room and board + other

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by wazobia55: 5:18pm On May 02, 2015
Please advise needed ....I applied for study in Canada. ..admission letter has been granted ...am to resume by September. ...I have not started Visa processing ...Please how do I go about it oo time is ticking
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by TimTam2014: 7:40pm On May 02, 2015
Hello everyone, pls i need candid opinions here. I have Bsc. Accounting (2:2) CGPA 3.41 and MBA from UK...from a dual programme where you do a professional certification and the MBA will be on scholarship. I would love to go to Canada for Masters but because of my CGPA i cant find a school that will take second class lower.
My questions are

1) if given PGD admission wont my MBA make the Visa Officer refuse my visa application.
2) can I apply without including my MBA certificate
3) are there schools that accept 2:2 for MSc. Accounting if yes pls name them

I don't have up to 2 years experience in banking so I cant apply for d federal skilled workers scheme..

I ll really appreciate opinions on how to go about it and get a PR out of it...

Thank you in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Zattiezat: 9:51pm On May 02, 2015
CoCoLav:

Calculate it for a year and let the funds available be slightly higher than the total of the tuition + room and board + other
Thnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Zattiezat: 9:52pm On May 02, 2015
ifegy:

Funds available for stay= how much money is available in your/your sponsor's bank account for you to use for your studies.
Compare the $25K to the amount needed for tuition, accommodation, etc for one year, to see if it's enough.
Done, thnx!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CHERIPH: 10:18pm On May 02, 2015
Oga Shiga and other Gurus in the house, one of my cousin did an arranged wedding with a lady during this america visa lottery program in 2013, but both of them were denied which the VO called MISREPRESENTTION. He is married now and his wife school in canada. Can he apply for canada visa to visit his wife, becos he heard that both countries shares database.

More so, can he state that he has been denied once while filling the canada visa application to visit his wife in canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by imadebaby: 11:41pm On May 02, 2015
good day house pls i need a sample consent letter biko asap

also pls is it compulsory to value the property used as financial proof or i can just only submit the prooperty papers

thank u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by diamondsare4eva: 11:44pm On May 02, 2015
CHERIPH:
Oga Shiga and other Gurus in the house, one of my cousin did an arranged wedding with a lady during this america visa lottery program in 2013, but both of them were denied which the VO called MISREPRESENTTION. He is married now and his wife school in canada. Can he apply for canada visa to visit his wife, becos he heard that both countries shares database.

More so, can he state that he has been denied once while filling the canada visa application to visit his wife in canada.
He can go ahead and apply. They are 2 different countries. Let him be sure to say the truth about going to canada. If he is not an ex-con, no felony or represent or support any terrorist group. Then he is fine
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by inconnu: 11:44pm On May 02, 2015
Anyone in Georgian College right now or starting in September?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jengbetiele: 3:03am On May 03, 2015
Kepner:
Please has anyone flown Lufthansa recently? I would like to confirm their baggage allowance policy for economy class.
cc Jengbetiele
Please anyone??
32kg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Waledarep(m): 4:23am On May 03, 2015
Good day house,
Please I need an answer to this Asap

I have a choice of choosing between one of these people as my Co-sponsor
1. My Maternal uncle that want to give me his Company SOA(one man business though), Sponsorship letter and Certificate of the company registration
2. An outsider, a government official that will give me his personal SOA, Payslip, Employment letter, Sponsorship letter.
Please kindly advice on the best among the two.

Also, if am to use my uncle, what other document(s) should I requested for again aside the SOA, Sponsorship letter and Certificate of Registration?
Thank You all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.