Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1147802 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kol1234: 10:05pm On Jun 05, 2015
Well in my case I mailed just one person in anticipation it would be positive...but considering the time frame i think it is not bad; its all about getting someone..but if you must mail the two make it blind perhaps use a different e-mail address.

I am just thinking what if they discuss with each other and it seems like this person doesn't know who he/she wants ...just saying..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 05, 2015
kol1234:
Well in my case I mailed just one person in anticipation it would be positive...but considering the time frame i think it is not bad; its all about getting someone..but if you must mail the two make it blind perhaps use a different e-mail address.

I am just thinking what if they discuss with each other and it seems like this person doesn't know who he/she wants ...just saying..

I thought about this your last point and that was the reason for the question I asked you. I would look so stupid to both of them!!! Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kol1234: 10:32pm On Jun 05, 2015
Just do it and forget..because you have to..

I would be on mobile soon so this might be the last comment. I would also advice for a better choice if you must choose 1 check the graduation list on the site to know if someone is graduating this spring, with that you can know if the person would need by sept.

Also check with their assistants

dongyang Li says there is oppourtunity ..I hope he is one of your choice supervisor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 05, 2015
kol1234:
Just do it and forget..because you have to..

I would be on mobile soon so this might be the last comment. I would also advice for a better choice if you must choose 1 check the graduation list on the site to know if someone is graduating this spring, with that you can know if the person would need by sept.

Also check with their assistants

dongyang Li says there is oppourtunity ..I hope he is one of your choice supervisor

Dongyang Li is my choice supervisor. Mailing him actually. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by opendurs: 10:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
Hello House,

I want to apply for TRV anytime from Monday. I want to go for Project Management Certificate program and I currently work with a bank (TRADE UNIT). How best can I possibly link both on my SOP? I need you guy and ladies to help. Thanks
Also for certificate programs, is work an essential component of your studies?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 05, 2015
tnuola:

You probably applied for the wrong thing then, if you didn't get your notes,
When standupguy and I applied it took about 6weeks.
lol, I didnt say I didnt get d notes neither did I say urs didnt take six weeks. im saying mine took 30 days and d info I got from d notes wasnt helpful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
what was the info provided, cud u help with it
bro, if u can remember u posted a pics of a gcms file some pages back. The reason dey gave there was d same on mine verbatim.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by omooba2015(m): 11:01pm On Jun 05, 2015
akinsjimmy:
Guys I wish you all the best in your application, I applied for Canadian study visa in dubai because I got admitted in Centennial College but they refuse me without genuine reason........ Well, I can say is Base on luck, I paid 16500dollar school fees with my own statement that worth 6m and my blood brother Statement worth 20m, and my landed property. Still they said due to economy of Nigeria and United Arab Emirates if they give me visa I will not come back, can we say is genue reason? Well, na them sabi I thank God I got my visa to Australia
My guy, congratulations!!!. only God know what is happening with those V.O, .With faith God will do better for us.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 11:08pm On Jun 05, 2015
bc2015:

lol, I didnt say I didnt get d notes neither did I say urs didnt take six weeks. im saying mine took 30 days and d info I got from d notes wasnt helpful

Oh well.. I actually made a mistake first time I applied, so I got a wrong set of notes, tot same happened to u.
Then d second time 13 long pages with 4lines of the actual notes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by vicumej: 11:16pm On Jun 05, 2015
Omonjoe:
If u can collect it by hand from school, DHL it for its faster but if u still have upto one month before deadline, use NIPOST RRGISTERED MAIL it is way cheaper

Oh ok.. Thanks much!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 11:49pm On Jun 05, 2015
kennykentipsy:
but why is Canadian embassy denying lots of Nigerians visa out of 300 members who are preparing to travel to Canada to support the Super Falcons in the FIFA Women’s
World Cup kicking off tomorrow. only 19 were granted

"President of Nigeria supporters association General, Dr. Rafiu Ladipo, said in a statement today

Really? WOW This is sad oh. But come to think of it, the VO's know that out of that 300 people that applied enough FIT don pay agent to put their name for that list LOL. NFA should just post the Supporters Club job on Kijiji make Nigerian students in canny use am do Summer job smiley .

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 06, 2015
tnuola:

Oh well.. I actually made a mistake first time I applied, so I got a wrong set of notes, tot same happened to u.
Then d second time 13 long pages with 4lines of the actual notes.
Yeah, same wif me. just 4 lines and saw its exactly d same words on d pics of someone's note hayqinsbFX posted a while back. I used 2 tink twud be a well detailed description of how ur apps was accessed and reasons for those denials
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by invincible2006: 1:02am On Jun 06, 2015
JohnDuke259:

I handed it in person. I will receive it through courier. I have received two sms from VFS today. The first was that my passport was ready for collection. The second is that it has been collected. I believe it has been sent out.

I am not sure if you can send it via courier because I would have opted for same. CIC website stated that payment for courier delivery has to be done in VFS Office.

Cheers!

Thanks, I have checked VFS website, Sims like I can also send my passport via courier...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by richcasey: 1:53am On Jun 06, 2015
for guys getting this error from the CIC website, i have been able to deal with mine.

SORRY ...
this on-line service is currently not available.

Possible reasons:

We are currently updating this Web site.
We are experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again later.

use another laptop or PC and try using another browser on that PC.
i was getting the error for 3 days straight on Google chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer on my laptop
so i switched to my Desktop and used Internet Explorer,
Voila.... It worked the first time of asking,
but when u refresh sometimes the error comes back,
if this happens to you just keep refreshing.... it'll go away.

cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by NaD720: 2:02am On Jun 06, 2015
sexysammy0906:
Hi guys...finally received my TRV....Thank God grin..applied on the 8th of April did biometric on the 8th, medicals on the 15th of May and TRV on the 3rd of June..Paper Route
Congrats! Bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 4:37am On Jun 06, 2015
bc2015:

Yeah, same wif me. just 4 lines and saw its exactly d same words on d pics of someone's note hayqinsbFX posted a while back. I used 2 tink twud be a well detailed description of how ur apps was accessed and reasons for those denials

I used to think it was a big deal, till I got the notes lol... Its just what the vo thinks, but I got ideas from it.
I think you should take more time to study it, I bet you'll know where to make adjustments..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Vycta(m): 5:40am On Jun 06, 2015
vicumej:
house please who has applied to Memorial University? How did u send your trasncripts to them? Was it via post or email? If via post, was it sent directly by the issuing institution?
Your response wld be highly appreciated.... Anyone!!

By Post

Directly Sent from the institution tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:41am On Jun 06, 2015
Okay then.
Wasn't it the exact picture of ur application?
Did ur proposed course tally with previous qualifications and employment history?
bc2015:

bro, if u can remember u posted a pics of a gcms file some pages back. The reason dey gave there was d same on mine verbatim.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Onyeoma3: 5:53am On Jun 06, 2015
Fablady:
Hello brothers and sisters,

I need some help. I am a passive member on this thread, posted a couple of times. I have been waiting for phd admission from University of Alberta. Those that have applied to the chemical/materials grad program would understand what I am about to talk about. The dept accepts applications without securing a supervisor first. You must pass their preliminary review before you get the green light to look for a supervisor. Last year (way before I applied), I had tried very hard to contact potential supervisors but none responded. Anyway, I applied in January this year and application was complete early Feb. Deadline was April 1. I had been calling since to find out status of my application even up to 2 days ago. I kept getting 'your application under review'. However, an hour ago, I got a mail that my application has passed their review and I have just 2 weeks to secure a supervisor!! Please PhD applicants, how quick was it for you to get a supervisor? What procedures did you follow? They already have my credentials but I intend to send a mail packaging myself to the best of my ability. I hope and pray someone accepts me. Btw I made 4.3 in BSc and distinction in MSc (given award as best student in the class and even given a Phd position which I turned down for some industry experience). Now I am ready for Phd and need it so bad. I have 5+ years relevant industry experience. Anyone with good ideas please? Thanks!

[b] Tis a welcome development in your application process as well as the most difficult and delicate part of your application.

However, note the following :

1) Pick up you phone this very moment, no procrastination, and start calling the professors considering the fact that there is very limited time (it fastens the response time). Target them in the morning hours between 2:30-5:00pm or 6:00-8:00pm Naija time. Morning hours usually give better results.
2) Send mails to as many professors in your research field as possible. These people are extremely busy to discuss about which student wrote to them for research opportunity. Provided it's in the same research field, no wahala.
3) In most cases, they see your mail but in the next second, they get so carried away with other things and forget.... But with a phone call, you keep them on check.
4)Draft a mail of about 5 paragraphs and send to them.... Don't make it too voluminous, thereby becoming boring to read from the onset. Attach you transcripts and CV to your mail.
5) Put it to God in prayers, make it a key prayer point this period... God factor can make you get a positive response within a fraction of seconds

I wish you all the best.

See you in Canny soon [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 06, 2015
invincible2006:

Thanks, I have checked VFS website, Sims like I can also send my passport via courier...

You are welcome! I read that off VFS website too but I didn't want any delay so I went there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 06, 2015
Ugochux:

"..Limit the issuance of study permits to applicants who will be studying at a Particular Designated learning institution, including institutions that are designated by Provinces and Territories on the basis of meeting minimum standards..."

Break it down for me...thanks!

There's no official mention of a quota to the issuance of study permit please. You tried to quote a comment from the CIC website but why didn't you quote it from the beginning?

Well, I write the full quote for you and explain it to you since it is clearly evident you don't understand it.

QUOTE: "The new rules limit the issuance of study permits to applicants who will be studying at a designated learning institution (DLI), including institutions that are designated by provinces and territories on the basis of meeting minimum standards".

MEANING: The new rules will only allow study permits to be issued to applicants who will be studying at schools that are designated learning institutions or schools that are designated by their individual provinces or territories on the ground that they (the school) have met the minimum standards to be regarded as a designated learning institution in that province or territory.. If you apply to a school with no DLI number you won't be issued a study permit.

Or in pidgin the issuance of study permit them go limit am to only applicants wey de apply to study for schools wey de designated or schools with DLI numbers.

If you still don't understand then I guess I go try vernacular. So my brother nothing like quota. At least for now there's none that we know of or thats stated anywhere.

Before now there was no section on any of the visa forms that required you to enter your school's DLI number but as soon as the new rule came to effect they added a section in the forms where you have to enter your institution name and it's DLI number.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 06, 2015
mevisbleek:

Really? WOW This is sad oh. But come to think of it, the VO's know that out of that 300 people that applied enough FIT don pay agent to put their name for that list LOL. NFA should just post the Supporters Club job on Kijiji make Nigerian students in canny use am do Summer job smiley .

I dey tell you. That na nice idea but the thieves wan chop money so they prefer to bring crowd then inflate the amount of what they'll spend just to pocket the rest.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 6:55am On Jun 06, 2015
Thanks snappyfingaz
I didn't want to keep arguing so I ignored, people that were active before the jun1 2014 rules will understand that there's no such thing as quota.
It was this same june 1 2014 that international students were able to work immediately they get to canada after the necessary registration, prior to that they had to wait 6months.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 06, 2015
tnuola:

I used to think it was a big deal, till I got the notes lol... Its just what the vo thinks, but I got ideas from it.
I think you should take more time to study it, I bet you'll know where to make adjustments..
I sure will, not in a hurry. Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pweetyfelicia: 8:10am On Jun 06, 2015
@bc2015,Pmed u yesterday still expecting ur reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 8:28am On Jun 06, 2015
@Snappyfingaz
Thanks for explaining...I didn't understand it, that ws why I shared it here for sm1 to explain..

@tnuola
I only asked you to break it down for me..somehow, u shd knw dt I'm not d type that 'argue'..
*cheers*

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 06, 2015
Onyeoma3:

[b] Tis a welcome development in your application process as well as the most difficult and delicate part of your application.

However, note the following :

1) Pick up you phone this very moment, no procrastination, and start calling the professors considering the fact that there is very limited time (it fastens the response time). Target them in the morning hours between 2:30-5:00pm or 6:00-8:00pm Naija time. Morning hours usually give better results.
2) Send mails to as many professors in your research field as possible. These people are extremely busy to discuss about which student wrote to them for research opportunity. Provided it's in the same research field, no wahala.
3) In most cases, they see your mail but in the next second, they get so carried away with other things and forget.... But with a phone call, you keep them on check.
4)Draft a mail of about 5 paragraphs and send to them.... Don't make it too voluminous, thereby becoming boring to read from the onset. Attach you transcripts and CV to your mail.
5) Put it to God in prayers, make it a key prayer point this period... God factor can make you get a positive response within a fraction of seconds

I wish you all the best.

See you in Canny soon [/b]
Thank you so much! I have sent a mail to my first preferred supervisor, will follow up with a call on Monday morning. Will contact two others also. I pray God favors me!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by invincible2006: 8:35am On Jun 06, 2015
JohnDuke259:

You are welcome! I read that off VFS website too but I didn't want any delay so I went there.

Oh I see, as much as I don't like delays too but I lived far away from Lagos... But will see which way is more convenient for me anyways... Thanks again smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:54am On Jun 06, 2015
I thought of this overnight.....
I tink I've come to the conclusion that Nigerians work with the caanadians at the embassy.
Because its only a Nigerian that will know that more than half of people claiming to go and support thee girls paid to put their names there, hence the massive rejection.

If na Oyinbo solely dey check am e no go. See am cos I surre say dis people go don package their application tight so tey them go collect the visa. But na only thief fit catch thief.....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sholay2011(m): 9:01am On Jun 06, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
I thought of this overnight.....
I tink I've come to the conclusion that Nigerians work with the caanadians at the embassy.
Because its only a Nigerian that will know that more than half of people claiming to go and support thee girls paid to put their names there, hence the massive rejection.

If na Oyinbo solely dey check am e no go. See am cos I surre say dis people go don package their application tight so tey them go collect the visa. But na only thief fit catch thief.....
I liked your post but hmmmmm@ the bolded.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:15am On Jun 06, 2015
Yes o..
When more than half of the applicant's have fresh passports (if ure a supporter u sud have travelled with the team more than once in the past)
Majority of them have fresh membership cards....

From the look of things na only the 19 fully convince them with all these criterias...

Well, Coss na only the 19 genuine.

sholay2011:

I liked your post but hmmmmm@ the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pweetyfelicia: 9:31am On Jun 06, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Yes o..
When more than half of the applicant's have fresh passports (if ure a supporter u sud have travelled with the team more than once in the past)
Majority of them have fresh membership cards....

From the look of things na only the 19 fully convince them with all these criterias...

Well, Coss na only the 19 genuine.

Bt the president of the association said
'We are also surprised that some of our members who have traveled to many countries with visas of those countries in their passports were not considered worthy of visas to Canada,” he added.
only 179 has been released so far, granting only 19.choii dts scrutiny of life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.