Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1147880 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SantohFilz(m): 3:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
Happy Weekend to my fellow nairalanders...Please I'm about reapplying for my study permit and I need you people to please go through the docs if I'm good to go or what I need to add.
I was denied on the 17th of November 2014 for Insufficient funds, I decided to defer my admission to September for me to have enough time to package my docs buh I think I'm ready to give this my last shot. Listed below Are the docs I intend reapplying with (the asterisk shows the docs I didn't submit in my last application);

CIC Application forms

International Passport

Letter of Acceptance from The University Of Prince Edward Island to study Accounting (Undergraduate Studies...September 2015/January 2016 start dates)

Academic Credentials (WAEC/NECO results, Testimonial)

Birth Certificate

Reference Letter from My Uncle's company where I'm being trained in Mechanical Engineering (I've being out of Secondary School since 2012 so I decided to join my Uncle's company to do some voluntary trainings in Mechanical Engineering tho Its not related to my Intended Course of Study but I just did it not to be idle....I already explained this in my SOP)**

Statement Of Purpose.

SPONSOR'S DOCUMENTS (MOTHER):

6 months Statement Of Account with #13,850,600 balance with good inflow and outflow of financial transactions.

Letter Of Employment(She is a headmistress)

Payslips (4 months)

Letter Of Promotion/Increment of Salary.**

Reference letter from Employer.

Proof Of Business (CAC documents, She owns a boutique).**

Parents Landed properties (Receipts of Land purchased, Deed of Agreement)**

Letter Of Sponsorship.

PS: This is my 3rd application and I'm going for my UG, graduated 2012.

Please help ascertain my shortcomings so that I can be able to correct them before applying next week (paper route). I can't afford another denial, this is the END. Don't mind my long post. THANKS!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 3:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
@santofilz
you have a very good package, i just dont buy the idea of helping out in a mechanical engineering firm while u wanna study accounting.
since your mother is the headmistress of a school cant you say you were helping out at the school teaching business studies.....

asides that i think you're good to go.....could you help with your age....
don't forget to have an upfront medicals this time cause time is already running out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 4:04pm On Jun 06, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
@santofilz
you have a very good package, i just dont buy the idea of helping out in a mechanical engineering firm while u wanna study accounting.
since your mother is the headmistress of a school cant you say you were helping out at the school teaching business studies.....

asides that i think you're good to go.....could you help with your age....
don't forget to have an upfront medicals this time cause time is already running out.

Nice suggestion.. What about account clerk? Like a trainee ish, and a future employment letter(home tie)
What u think?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 4:12pm On Jun 06, 2015
tnuola:

Nice suggestion.. What about account clerk? Like a trainee ish, and a future employment letter(home tie)
What u think?

Ahn ahn! Future employment letter for someone who just finished secondary school n going for 3/4 yrs UG? Nah! I don't think it's necessary/reasonable. Chai! These VOs are just making us overthink n over proactive. Lol!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 4:14pm On Jun 06, 2015
yeah i agree, he doesn't have to be too professional about it.
them don talk say na money be d wahala, he don give dem money....shikena.
he sudnt just complicate his issue with the uncles trainee program...
Crich:

Ahn ahn! Future employment letter for someone who just finished secondary school n going for 3/4 yrs UG? Nah! I don't think it's necessary/reasonable. Chai! These VOs are just making us overthink n over proactive. Lol!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by opendurs: 4:23pm On Jun 06, 2015
bighead1:
The CIC website is now going through

Tried it now and its working. I have a lot of docs to attach but the options provided on the portal are limited. How can I attach all the documents?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 4:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
Crich:

Well, what happened to thinking ahead, so as not to give room for any hankypanky, with the recent trend. He finished from high school 3years ago.

I hope more suggestions are given.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2015
Crich:

Some peeps did it in the past though and it worked for them. @Optimall to be very precise was just fresh from high school and she did that and got her visa one time.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by dedicateDD: 5:16pm On Jun 06, 2015
they denied someone going to study based on purpose of visit , also they denied some1 going on visiting base on purpose of visit....uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2015
they should better reframe it as "tendency to disappear" or "fear of eloping"
lol
dedicateDD:
they denied someone going to study based on purpose of visit , also they denied some1 going on visiting base on purpose of visit....uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
Hayqins
This your friend that overtook ehn.
Congrats to him!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
e no overtake o.....na normal paper route na....
me sef go like overtake o.....
darefestus:
Hayqins

This your friend that overtook ehn.

Congrats to him!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by montrealer: 6:12pm On Jun 06, 2015
It would depend on the tasks you perform at your current job. Almost every domain has projects thus, a project management certificate can be useful for someone eyeing a managerial position. So you can say, it's useful for career advancement...but since I don't knowmuch about your job, I can't say more than that. What you could do though, is look at the course list for the certificate and see how each relates to the positions in your current job, might be helpful.

To my knowledge, each certificateis different with regards to the attachement/internship/job component.
opendurs:

hello house, Please can some help with the ABOVE?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by montrealer: 6:16pm On Jun 06, 2015
Sorry about your initial delay. Your current package looks complete. It seems to adequately address the issue of insufficient funds.
Quick question though, in your previous application, what did you say you have been doing with your time? Or there was no mention made with regards to this at all? The reason why I ask, is that your story must always be consistent, otherwise it looks fishy. If you already mentioned working with your uncle, then a letter of introduction is perfectly in order.

SantohFilz:
Happy Weekend to my fellow nairalanders...Please I'm about reapplying for my study permit and I need you people to please go through the docs if I'm good to go or what I need to add.
I was denied on the 17th of November 2014 for Insufficient funds, I decided to defer my admission to September for me to have enough time to package my docs buh I think I'm ready to give this my last shot. Listed below Are the docs I intend reapplying with (the asterisk shows the docs I didn't submit in my last application);

CIC Application forms

International Passport

Letter of Acceptance from The University Of Prince Edward Island to study Accounting (Undergraduate Studies...September 2015/January 2016 start dates)

Academic Credentials (WAEC/NECO results, Testimonial)

Birth Certificate

Reference Letter from My Uncle's company where I'm being trained in Mechanical Engineering (I've being out of Secondary School since 2012 so I decided to join my Uncle's company to do some voluntary trainings in Mechanical Engineering tho Its not related to my Intended Course of Study but I just did it not to be idle....I already explained this in my SOP)**

Statement Of Purpose.

SPONSOR'S DOCUMENTS (MOTHER):

6 months Statement Of Account with #13,850,600 balance with good inflow and outflow of financial transactions.

Letter Of Employment(She is a headmistress)

Payslips (4 months)

Letter Of Promotion/Increment of Salary.**

Reference letter from Employer.

Proof Of Business (CAC documents, She owns a boutique).**

Parents Landed properties (Receipts of Land purchased, Deed of Agreement)**

Letter Of Sponsorship.

PS: This is my 3rd application and I'm going for my UG, graduated 2012.

Please help ascertain my shortcomings so that I can be able to correct them before applying next week (paper route). I can't afford another denial, this is the END. Don't mind my long post. THANKS!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by jasmine21(f): 6:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I need help. I'm trying to crossover to work in Canada. I have a masters degree and I'm currently working. Please can u send me the relevant links to apply to the canadian system? I actually have no idea. Also, is the process shorter for someone who already lives and works in the U.S?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by dedicateDD: 6:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
the Guru in the house please how can someone tackle the problem of [b]purpose of visit? what exactly do they want to ready cn anyith be appreciated ??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 6:28pm On Jun 06, 2015
For example if your past educational history does not correlate with your employment status or your intended course of study in Canada then u may get that 'Purpose of Visit' tingy. A well drafted SOP with correlation BTW UG and intended course of study can tackle that.
dedicateDD:
the Guru in the house please how can someone tackle the problem of [b]purpose of visit? what exactly do they want to ready cn anyith be appreciated ??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by montrealer: 7:06pm On Jun 06, 2015
Hello house, I see there aren't many applicants for Montreal schools, probably because of the French? Montreal is a lovely city indeed. If there's anyone applying/coming here, you can pm me with questions and I'll try my best to help out.
All the best with your applications, may the month of June be full of good news!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SantohFilz(m): 7:45pm On Jun 06, 2015
montrealer:
Sorry about your initial delay. Your current package looks complete. It seems to adequately address the issue of insufficient funds.
Quick question though, in your previous application, what did you say you have been doing with your time? Or there was no mention made with regards to this at all? The reason why I ask, is that your story must always be consistent, otherwise it looks fishy. If you already mentioned working with your uncle, then a letter of introduction is perfectly in order.

Thanks for your observations, I actually didn't mention it in my last application was advised to do so now by a person That's why I'm bringing it in now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SantohFilz(m): 7:51pm On Jun 06, 2015
@hayqinsbFX Thanks for your observations...I'll be 19 by September and I'll try to ask my Mum if she can run things for me concerning the employment in her school...but for the upfront medical thingy, I no go fit do am ooo... after this application, no more for me ooo... I no fit lose money jawe grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SantohFilz(m): 7:54pm On Jun 06, 2015
tnuola:

What u think?
How about I say I'm an account clerk in her school? will that pass?...with future employment opportunity in either her school or business? am I good to go with this idea?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bamz(m): 8:03pm On Jun 06, 2015
Hello people...

Has anyone experienced a situation where the Canadian school requests that your university send the transcript directly but instead you chose to send it personally?

Anyone in the house please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by loladeoye: 8:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
I just got thanked for my patience. Countdown begins..10 days to go

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 8:16pm On Jun 06, 2015
Bamz:
Hello people...

Has anyone experienced a situation where the Canadian school requests that your university send the transcript directly but instead you chose to send it personally?

Anyone in the house please.

Some Canadian schools will accept the one u send urself as unofficial whether it is sealed or not. But others, will consider it offiicial as far as it is officially sealed.
To be on a safe side, let ur school send it directly. It might take a while to get to Can school though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
Don't fret!
Ull get it ths time...money is the main thing...

All those employment issues na just bonus...U can put it or not....its not do or die..

Just submit all properties of ur parents don't. Leave any aside.
SantohFilz:
@hayqinsbFX Thanks for your observations...I'll be 19 by September and I'll try to ask my Mum if she can run things for me concerning the employment in her school...but for the upfront medical thingy, I no go fit do am ooo... after this application, no more for me ooo... I no fit lose money jawe grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bamz(m): 8:53pm On Jun 06, 2015
Crich:

Some Canadian schools will accept the one u send urself as unofficial whether it is sealed or not. But others, will consider it offiicial as far as it is officially sealed.
To be on a safe side, let ur school send it directly. It might take a while to get to Can school though.

Crich,

Many thanks for your response. I've currently applied for my copy of Transcripts, hoping to send it myself.

Since I've got a bit of time, I might have a rethink and re-apply to have it sent directly then.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sholay2011(m): 8:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
Bamz:

Crich,

Many thanks for your response. I've currently applied for my copy of Transcripts, hoping to send it myself.

Since I've got a bit of time, I might have a rethink and re-apply to have it sent directly then.
I think you can send it yourself (via dhl or whatever) in the name of the school?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Raahym(m): 9:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
Hello All,

Having followed this post for quite sometime. I will like to ask the house the below:
1, Please which is best to submit your application for effective and timeous response from the CIC, online or paper route?
2, Please what the basic requirements for a tourist visa cos i intend applying with my wife and daughter to visit Canada and Mexico both at once as i have a six months Mexico visa already.

Thanks and waiting in anticipation of your kind response(s)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by modskiller(m): 9:02pm On Jun 06, 2015
Hello peeps, abeg is it advisable to use once parent as a co-sponsor whereby the parent's financial/monetary contribution will be lower to the main sponsor(uncle with different surname)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bamz(m): 9:10pm On Jun 06, 2015
sholay2011:

I think you can send it yourself (via dhl or whatever) in the name of the school?

Well I've been considering it actually. It's just that people's opinion appear to differ on this issue. Posting and using my school in Nigeria as the Sender.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 9:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
jasmine21:
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I need help. I'm trying to crossover to work in Canada. I have a masters degree and I'm currently working. Please can u send me the relevant links to apply to the canadian system? I actually have no idea. Also, is the process shorter for someone who already lives and works in the U.S?

Express entry is what u need. Do your research on www.cic.gc.ca to get advise from experts on the express entry thing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SantohFilz(m): 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Don't fret!
Ull get it ths time...money is the main thing...

All those employment issues na just bonus...U can put it or not....its not do or die..

Just submit all properties of ur parents don't. Leave any aside.
Okay...but what should I do concerning the 'what I've been doing since I left high school thingy' cause I think That's the issue on ground now....should I go with your advise or @tnuola's advice?

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.