Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1147378 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2015
Bamz:

Crich,

Many thanks for your response. I've currently applied for my copy of Transcripts, hoping to send it myself.

Since I've got a bit of time, I might have a rethink and re-apply to have it sent directly then.

What u can do is, contact school to send it directly to the Can school. You shudn't have to re-apply for another one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by cheesenutbuger: 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2015
Crich:

Some Canadian schools will accept the one u send urself as unofficial whether it is sealed or not. But others, will consider it offiicial as far as it is officially sealed.
To be on a safe side, let ur school send it directly. It might take a while to get to Can school though.

When sending, write your school name as the sender's name
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Crich(f): 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
Bamz:

Well I've been considering it actually. It's just that people's opinion appear to differ on this issue. Posting and using my school in Nigeria as the Sender.

Yeah, that makes sense. That's fine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 9:46pm On Jun 06, 2015
Resolved
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
It's the same thing...tnuola is just suggesting u put something for the future which I don't believe is compulsory..
U sud put the voluntary trainee work as an account clerk or businees teacher...Not mech engineering
SantohFilz:
Okay...but what should I do concerning the 'what I've been doing since I left high school thingy' cause I think That's the issue on ground now....should I go with your advise or @tnuola's advice?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bamz(m): 9:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
Crich:

What u can do is, contact school to send it directly to the Can school. You shudn't have to re-apply for another one.

I'm not sure I can modify the application midway. I had my Nigerian school send the transcript to my Uncle who's a Lecturer. He's yet to receive it though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:51pm On Jun 06, 2015
If your sch requires it from th school, it means they want an official transcript where they would have to open it themselves.
You sending it in the nam of the school won't help in that respect.
And the one sent from the school would be addressed n the receivers name.
I dnt knw if the one u have has all that
Bamz:
Hello people...

Has anyone experienced a situation where the Canadian school requests that your university send the transcript directly but instead you chose to send it personally?

Anyone in the house please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by funmi14: 10:11pm On Jun 06, 2015
modskiller:
Hello peeps, abeg is it advisable to use once parent as a co-sponsor whereby the parent's financial/monetary contribution will be lower to the main sponsor(uncle with different surname)

Hello house,
Kindly help answer the above question!
I have someone in the same situation.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by modskiller(m): 10:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
Abeg people, watch this video and relief your worries.
I hope this will ease the weekend tension though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=4ySbKcA9i9o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Vycta(m): 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2015
@Bamz

Wanna ask you, if you are working in an office and you receive a letter addressed to another person
how would you handle it? 'its not for me, please send it back' i guess.

My thoughts, arrange with the secretary at your school - if you can, let him/her address the transcript
to the school, stamp put into your schools official envelope, do not seal; incase you want to add any
other document like the English test exemption and stuff, give it to you. then head to DHL or UPS and
then post yourself with the senders address as your school

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by jasmine21(f): 10:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
mevisbleek:

Express entry is what u need. Do your research on www.cic.gc.ca to get advise from experts on the express entry thing

Thanks a lot.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bamz(m): 10:52pm On Jun 06, 2015
Vycta:
@Bamz

Wanna ask you, if you are working in an office and you receive a letter addressed to another person
how would you handle it? 'its not for me, please send it back' i guess.

My thoughts, arrange with the secretary at your school - if you can, let him/her address the transcript
to the school, stamp put into your schools official envelope, do not seal; incase you want to add any
other document like the English test exemption and stuff, give it to you. then head to DHL or UPS and
then post yourself with the senders address as your school

Oh thanks a lot Vycta. That's one great idea.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by modskiller(m): 12:22am On Jun 07, 2015
standupguy:
Resolved
Thou/yee hath submitted thy file
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by richcasey: 7:03am On Jun 07, 2015
Happy new week. Great week ahead guys.... brace yourselves

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 8:26am On Jun 07, 2015
Please ensure that the transcript from your school is sealed o. Do not include any test result in the same envelope as your transcript.
This is what I did...

Step 1: Get your school to issue a transcript (official) with forwarding letter to the sch in Canny. The transcript should be put in an envlope addessed to the canadian sch, sealed, signed and stamped across the seal.

Step 2: Get the school secretary (or whover is supposed to post it on behlf of your Nigeria school) to put the sealed envelope in another envelope (normal brown A4 envelope) address to you and send it to you via public transport (bus)

Step 3: When you get the parcel, open the envelop addressed to you, bring out the sealed transcript, go to Fedex (they are very cheap-about #10, 260) and send the sealed envelope (transcript) to the school in Canada with your Nigerian school as the sender.Fedex delivers in 3 working days.

Note: If you have other documents you need to send, like official test results, you have to send it seperately, even though it's going to the same school as your transcript. It will only cost you additional money. PLS DO NOT SEND IT IN THE SAME ENVELOPE WITH YOUR TRANSCRIPT, in order to avoid a situation where the Canadian school is wondering how your naija sch got your test result to the extent of helping you send it with your transript (since your naija school is the sender).

If possible, do not send the test result same day with your transcript...

Pps pardon any typo... in a hurry

Cheers!

Bamz:

Oh thanks a lot Vycta. That's one great idea.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ahyotomiwa: 9:53am On Jun 07, 2015
@BAMZ.

i was told to request my institution to send my transcript directly...also my lecturers to send my reference letters directly( 3 diff lecturers separately)..and i should send my resume my self..that sounds like 5 diff mails..me am an ijebu boy...(5 diff mail @ abt 10k) when admission neva sure.

so i called the school if i can collect all documents in sealed envelops and send as one mail..and they said it was ok..that the secretary would transfer them to there respective points.

so i kept all sealed 5 envelops in a bigger one..which i addressed to the school., kept my name on it, and listed all other documents inside it. and sent it via DHL myself. (now i spent just abt 10k instead of 50).ALL GOT RECIEVED AND WAS UPDATED ON MY DOC PROFILE..call the school to ask the secretary if u can do same.

have done it for 3 diff schools. UofR, UofM, U of Waterloo

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by toboy: 10:17am On Jun 07, 2015
montrealer:
Hello house, I see there aren't many applicants for Montreal schools, probably because of the French? Montreal is a lovely city indeed. If there's anyone applying/coming here, you can pm me with questions and I'll try my best to help out.
All the best with your applications, may the month of June be full of good news!
Bonjour montrealer
I applied to McGill and I've done medicals. Will see my result tommorrow or next. Wish me luck!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 11:41am On Jun 07, 2015
@ahyotmiwa I agree with you. This works too. I used this approach when I had to send transcript and reference letters from my lecturers to UofW. The difference is that I was the sender. But some schools are very particular about the Nigerian school sending transcript directly to them, so it depends on the school he is applying to. I know UofW and UofM don't mind.

@Bamz, if your school does not mind who sends what, you can actually adopt @ahyotmiwa's approach by sending everything in one big envelope and stating your name as the sender (this is way cheaper). Otherwise, you can use the approach I stated in my earlier post.

In all you do, make sure you don't open the transcript envelope o. Just put the sealed transcript along with other documents in one big envelope and send, but don't use the Nigerian school as sender if you adopt this approach.

I believe you now have enough information to make a decision...

ahyotomiwa:
@BAMZ.

i was told to request my institution to send my transcript directly...also my lecturers to send my reference letters directly( 3 diff lecturers separately)..and i should send my resume my self..that sounds like 5 diff mails..me am an ijebu boy...(5 diff mail @ abt 10k) when admission neva sure.

so i called the school if i can collect all documents in sealed envelops and send as one mail..and they said it was ok..that the secretary would transfer them to there respective points.

so i kept all sealed 5 envelops in a bigger one..which i addressed to the school., kept my name on it, and listed all other documents inside it. and sent it via DHL myself. (now i spent just abt 10k instead of 50).ALL GOT RECIEVED AND WAS UPDATED ON MY DOC PROFILE..call the school to ask the secretary if u can do same.

have done it for 3 diff schools. UofR, UofM, U of Waterloo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ehis1010(m): 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
Goodday everyone in d haux....pls help a broda...planning to submit my application online...trying to reduce a PDF of 20mb to less dan 4mb..ps share d step to step to take...pls is urgent...tanx everyone..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tompujnr: 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
a4larin:
Hello guys.

I finally got my TRV last week. Thanks for all the info here. For the update:

School- Uni of Dalhousie
Graduate study with research
Visa application- online
Applied- January 12
Biometric- January 14
Medical call- Feb 2
Medicals done- Feb5
Passport req- Feb 17
Issued- Feb 20
Collected- Feb27

However, I still need a little more help from guys. I discovered there are no direct flights to Halifax in Nova Scotia. Has anyone booked a flight to that route before and how was it done please? Are there websites that could also be of help in this regard please.

I also need some help to go about getting an off campus accommodation or a temporary housing for a week or thereabout.

Your prompt response will be of great help.

Thanks guys
.... Pls. How did you get a supervisor ? I also applied for dalhousie university am in need of assistance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by launrey(m): 3:17pm On Jun 07, 2015
Touchdown at Toronto Pearson yesterday. Thank s to all those who assisted in a way or two. May God grant us all our heart desires. Amen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by herkenorlar: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2015
I got admitted to Cambrian college, I paid $9k out of my 15k tuition fee, it's a year program, thanks for the recommendation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by herkenorlar: 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
Last week Friday made it two weeks I submitted my application for a study permit, I want to know, which of the month or week do they normally contact for medical and which means do they use in contacting people, I need contribution, thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by laimartins7(m): 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2015
Happy Sunday everyone, I am a passive member ere. Pls my question is "can I get a good job with PGCertificate in canada"?? Thnx.
Ova to d gurus in da huz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by herkenorlar: 4:09pm On Jun 07, 2015
toboy:

Bonjour montrealer
I applied to McGill and I've done medicals. Will see my result tommorrow or next. Wish me luck!!

How long was ur application before u got the medical done?, and what means were u contacted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akin2D: 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
Plz house got dis msg buh don't know what they mean..... Dear Applicant(s),

Kindly be reminded that your Passport is not collected for over 30 days now.

Please visit the Visa Application Centre with your collection slip on or before 12/06/2015 between 8am and 330 pm, Mon-Fri. If not collected within the given date will be returned on the same day to the embassy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:26pm On Jun 07, 2015
your passport has bn dispatched and you havent gone to collect it.
akin2D:

Please visit the Visa Application Centre with your collection slip on or before 12/06/2015 between 8am and 330 pm, Mon-Fri. If not collected within the given date will be returned on the same day to the embassy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akin2D: 6:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
Thanks ... Bcuz they didn't call nor send any msg for medical... kinda disturb.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ahyotomiwa: 6:19pm On Jun 07, 2015
akin2D:
Thanks ... Bcuz they didn't call nor send any msg for medical... kinda disturb.

30 days dey say...u mean u did recv any msg from dem bk den? Wen did u apply? Paper or online?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akin2D: 6:28pm On Jun 07, 2015
27 of march.... paper route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 7:41pm On Jun 07, 2015
launrey:
Touchdown at Toronto Pearson yesterday. Thank s to all those who assisted in a way or two. May God grant us all our heart desires. Amen

Which airline n how much? All d'best in maple land.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by richcasey: 7:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
akin2D:

sad thing bro, you have most likely been delayed. go for your passport ASAP and let us know why.

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.