Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) (32747 Views)

Osinbajo, Tinubu, Saraki, Atiku In A Meeting / Tinubu’s Political Career Is Over - Bode George / Atiku's Political Adviser To Wole Soyinka - You Speak "like An Illiterate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Shine1177: 10:57am On Dec 09, 2014
I can bet on this that all the hullabaloo this this book will and has generated will go down with 2014 as the politicians will dig into the trenches now till February to up their ratings notwithstanding this half truth-half lie book. Waiting for Atiku's book soon.

Considering the accuracy of what Apostle Sulaiman said early this year so far, OBJ go still smell pepper.

GEJ will tout OBJ till 2019.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by lacasa: 10:58am On Dec 09, 2014
PassingShot:
Obasanjo is a pot calling the kettle black. He lacks the moral stature to castigate and expose people the way he does especially when we know the type of person he is. He is an oloriburuku somebody who had the best opportunity to put Nigeria back on the right track but instead chose to govern with sentiments, parochial thinking and worst of all vindictiveness.

Had he ruled with fairness and genuine interest of Nigeria at heart, we would not have been where we are today. In fact, we would have surpassed many western nations and be envied by others. But that unforgiving Ebora of Owu chose personal accomplishment over nation building and bestowed on us a weak Yar'adua and an incompetent Jonathan thinking that he could continue to manipulate both for his personal gains. And when God's plan changed the course of his plans, he has resulted to writing open letters and books all in a bid to pull people down.

Make no mistake, I'm not in support of GEJ or Atiku for they're both not fit to rule this great nation of ours. But it is the same Obasanjo who brought those guys to limelight to achieve sinister ends.

Atiku career has been finished by OBJ long ago during their well publicized acrimonious 2nd term. Atiku will need serious intervention of God to be relevant again in Nigerian politics.

Agree wt u, had baba iyabo wanted, Nigeria wld av been miles ahead of where it is presently.

Though, he had his good spots in government, but all in all I believe power intoxicates and OBJ still thirsts for it almost absolutely to this day.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by dmostcheerful(f): 10:59am On Dec 09, 2014
What i understand in this write up is this,
ATIKU will win APC primary and will be a run mate with GEJ, and if ATIKU wont go to aso rock meaning GEJ will still preside, but dont say he didnt tell you the truth about GEJ being clueless.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Fresia01(f): 11:00am On Dec 09, 2014
Boss13:
who is not privatizing wasteful govt agencies?? Gej is also doing dat..
u said economic stability.. during his era i dnt think bokoharam was distracting him.... i dnt think the oil crisis been withnessed nw was obtainable then... telecomm, yea he brought them buh what else?? we pay for it... preserving democracy u said obj is jux pained because jonathan is nolonger under his control...

- Preservation & consolidation of democracy
- Telecommunication/GSM
- Economic stability & Increase in foreign reserves (Banking, Insurance & Financial Institution Boom). This actually increased the employment index
- Introduction of anti-corruption agencies to fight against corruption
- Privatization of wasteful government agencies
- Introduction of HMOs/Health insurance
- Debt relief from Paris Club

Above are the few I can remember. These are policies implemented and many nigerians are still reaping the benefits. Not chicken and bowl policies we are not seeing but only read in newspapers.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by pat077: 11:01am On Dec 09, 2014
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by fisaylab: 11:02am On Dec 09, 2014
PassingShot:
Obasanjo is a pot calling the kettle black. He lacks the moral stature to castigate and expose people the way he does especially when we know the type of person he is. He is an oloriburuku somebody who had the best opportunity to put Nigeria back on the right track but instead chose to govern with sentiments, parochial thinking and worst of all vindictiveness.

Had he ruled with fairness and genuine interest of Nigeria at heart, we would not have been where we are today. In fact, we would have surpassed many western nations and be envied by others. But that unforgiving Ebora of Owu chose personal accomplishment over nation building and bestowed on us a weak Yar'adua and an incompetent Jonathan thinking that he could continue to manipulate both for his personal gains. And when God's plan changed the course of his plans, he has resulted to writing open letters and books all in a bid to pull people down.

Make no mistake, I'm not in support of GEJ or Atiku for they're both not fit to rule this great nation of ours. But it is the same Obasanjo who brought those guys to limelight to achieve sinister ends.

Atiku career has been finished by OBJ long ago during their well publicized acrimonious 2nd term. Atiku will need serious intervention of God to be relevant again in Nigerian politics.
U lack moral,loci standing for u to comment. In this manner,u sounded like political dog.

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Neatboy(m): 11:04am On Dec 09, 2014
If Obasanjo can criticize Goodluck
Jonathan, Yar adua and Atiku Abubakar in his new book but never criticized himself, that should be the highest level of hypocrisy I have ever seen. If Obasanjo was born in the days of Jesus Christ both the Pharisees and Sadducees would've all been his Apprentices.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by holatin(m): 11:04am On Dec 09, 2014
and some people dey shout atiku
He is never an option.
general buhari or we choose tonto dike as President

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Elcemento(m): 11:09am On Dec 09, 2014
Calm down bro.you don't have to be abusive.I only pointed out the good side of him and I know you have a good side as well.Thanks.
ebdib:

With e-diots like you how can Nigeria move forward?
Revering the men that brought this nation down.
Nonsense
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Boss13: 11:11am On Dec 09, 2014
[quote author=Fresia01 post=28723508][/quote]

I believe it hurts Obasanjo that his influence is diminishing - whatever reasons it maybe, we may never know because we are all speculating. However, Obasanjo was spot on with the adjectives he used in characterizing the president. The president does not have what it takes to govern a complex country like Nigeria and we can see the manifestations around us. They are not mere sayings but realities that will continue to haunt people all the rest of their lives. A president should improve the lives of its followers and not indirectly cut them short.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by holatin(m): 11:11am On Dec 09, 2014
Boss13:

- Telecommunication/GSM
- Economic stability & Increase in foreign reserves (Banking, Insurance & Financial Institution Boom). This actually increased the employment index

Above are the few I can remember. These are policies implemented and many nigerians are still reaping the benefits. Not chicken and bowl policies we are not seeing but only read in newspapers.

I prostrate for you nude with this post.
God grant you more wisdom sir

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by qtx(m): 11:13am On Dec 09, 2014
Adminisher:

Why don't you still yourself and wait for the dish about your President. The facts are coming out one by one and I am sure Jona's own will be the worst because he is the weakest, dumbest and most dishonourable amongst all of them. What I have read so far has convinced me that it is a curse that people like this are governing people like us. Imagine the future of someone's children being determined by idiots.

For where? guy chill, OBJ is just crying and regretting for bringing in GEJ because he later realised GEJ is not a mugu that he can toss around like a coin the way tinubu will bring in fashola, toss around and now he is about to bring in ambode to run the admin by himself.
Nigerians dont be deceived, do you think if GEJ was nodding to all OBJ's instructions the letter and book would have come out? GEJ would have been the best president in his own eyes even if Nigerians were crying of bad governance. Dont clap for him bc he is writing and expressing his anger over his inability to take charge of the Govt as the godfather that brought in GEJ and enrich himself. Get simple sense guy.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by PassingShot(m): 11:15am On Dec 09, 2014
lacasa:

Agree wt u, had baba iyabo wanted, Nigeria wld av been miles ahead of where it is presently.

Though, he had his good spots in government, but all in all I believe power intoxicates and OBJ still thirsts for it almost absolutely to this day.

Sure he had some good spots in government but what did we as a nation do to that man to deserve manipulating us the way he has done for many years? He never wanted any president to even come close to achieving what God used him to achieve even though those achievements are far and few in between.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by olaitanbaale1(m): 11:16am On Dec 09, 2014
You can not eat yo cake and have it back, just at the time atiku think he's about to get power at his hand, haven't forgotten his past can never be hidden....he's nothing but a looter....BABA iyabo ride on joor

Sai buhari
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by ElFenomeno1: 11:16am On Dec 09, 2014
Timehin:

slowpoke..what will you gain from insults. Can't you make you own contribution without such sign of ill breeding

You are the daft one since you can't understand naija politics. Ode

Your father is the ode...... Daft c..un..t!
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Dreyl(m): 11:16am On Dec 09, 2014
Baba should just go and rest abeg instead of castigating and throwing fires and brimstone,he's damn too old for this.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by kingthreat(m): 11:20am On Dec 09, 2014
lomprico:
I hope he added how he slept with his son's wife! Fu.cktard!

he slept with his son's wife before his son got married. not while the son was married. If you like keep commenting like a cocksucka.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by desgiezd(m): 11:20am On Dec 09, 2014
This book will be interesting to read!
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by olalekan1(m): 11:20am On Dec 09, 2014
Adminisher:

I don't think OBJ had third term agenda. If he did and as he has boasted many times before there was nothing stopping him. NIGERIA IS A VERY USELESS COUNTRY GOVERNED BY THE WEAKEST, MOST UN-NTELLIGENTI AND MOST COWARDLY PEOPLE.
Everybody in PDP is a political prostitute. Self seeking, soft in the head, selfish and materialistic. If Obj had used EFCC and money he would have gotten third term easily if he wanted and he had unbelievable money.
We need to remove this party in 2015 before they gang up and sell this country.
who da hell are you to say Nigeria is a very useless country?
Go get some brains before you start saying rubbish on a forum like this.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 09, 2014
Adminisher:

Did you ever watch the film "UNFORGIVEN"?
Your question is betraying your age. This was a Nigerian Army General in civilian government. This people are trained not to forgive disloyalty and double dealing in any shape or form.
Only Abacha, IBB, Buhari, Ojukwu, Gowon, Mohammed and other former military heads of states are the other ones who can understand what was at play here. Nigerian military generals don't understand and cannot abide disloyalty. It was drilled into them from a young age and they have seen death of friends and family in coups and counter coups in the 60s and 70s. Obasanjo will also never forgive GEJ for promising everybody he begged on his behalf from the north only one term in office. Whether it is right or wrong not to forgive or not is besides the point. The man remains unforgiven, you cannot negotiate a permanent thing.
This Obasanjo man is very dangerous, he is actually very bitter with a lot of people, Atiku and GEJ are prominent among them. He is in his late seventies, has seen everything, heard everything and does not give a damn even if the entire Nigerian fraudulent political system has to crash down around him. I think we should be thankful for that.
You have just made my day!
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by chemali: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2014
Boss13:

- Telecommunication/GSM

Pension reforms included.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Boss13: 11:28am On Dec 09, 2014
If I were Obasanjo, I will never forgive Atiku for the role he played in contemplating to get me out of power and not only will I make him pay dearly, I will render him politically incapacitated. So for Atiku to still have the strength to contest means Baba is sort of kind. Because either you double cross the master and eliminate him completely or await the consequences if you fail.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by talktrue1(m): 11:31am On Dec 09, 2014
He is just lamenting
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Adminisher: 11:31am On Dec 09, 2014
qtx:

For where? guy chill, OBJ is just crying and regretting for bringing in GEJ because he later realised GEJ is not a mugu that he can toss around like a coin the way tinubu will bring in fashola, toss around and now he is about to bring in ambode to run the admin by himself.
Nigerians dont be deceived, do you think if GEJ was nodding to all OBJ's instructions the letter and book would have come out? GEJ would have been the best president in his own eyes even if Nigerians were crying of bad governance. Dont clap for him bc he is writing and expressing his anger over his inability to take charge of the Govt as the godfather that brought in GEJ and enrich himself. Get simple sense guy.

If you mean reneging on the promise of single term is not a big reason for Obi's criticism, then you are hiding away from the truth.
And GEJ is not a mugu, Really?. Methinks whether for the four WOMEN that Obj just mentioned or for Clark or for Tompolo, GEJ is the natural, God-created and unadulterated Mugu. Its like Big Brother House and GEJ's game is mugu, it can work to make you president but it wont keep happy in office. The GEJ man is the most composite public personality I have ever seen in the world. It is made up of many parts composed of the people who have their strongest influence on him. It is sometimes Mama Peace or Diezani and the gov't itself is fluctuating between influences of Ngozi, Diezani, Mama Peace, most recently IBB and sometimes Danjuma. What I am sure is that GEJ himself lacks, any personal ideology, principle or passion.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Boss13: 11:31am On Dec 09, 2014
chemali:

Pension reforms included.

Oh a huge one. I forgot that completely and also the Poverty alleviation Programme.

These are policies that improves the standard of living of the ordinary Nigerians. Policies that adds or increases the amount of Naira inside the pockets of Nigerians.

I dare anyone to mention any policies that has improve the lives of Nigerians that has been completely implemented by Jonathan and his goons. All I read on papers are distribution of fertilizers and the free rise and fall of megawatts of power. Let me remind Nigerians, that the Agricultural boom actually started from Obasanjo's era.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by deletrue: 11:33am On Dec 09, 2014
Adminisher:

Did you ever watch the film "UNFORGIVEN"?
Your question is betraying your age. This was a Nigerian Army General in civilian government. This people are trained not to forgive disloyalty and double dealing in any shape or form.
Only Abacha, IBB, Buhari, Ojukwu, Gowon, Mohammed and other former military heads of states are the other ones who can understand what was at play here. Nigerian military generals don't understand and cannot abide disloyalty. It was drilled into them from a young age and they have seen death of friends and family in coups and counter coups in the 60s and 70s. Obasanjo will also never forgive GEJ for promising everybody he begged on his behalf from the north only one term in office. Whether it is right or wrong not to forgive or not is besides the point. The man remains unforgiven, you cannot negotiate a permanent thing.
This Obasanjo man is very dangerous, he is actually very bitter with a lot of people, Atiku and GEJ are prominent among them. He is in his late seventies, has seen everything, heard everything and does not give a damn even if the entire Nigerian fraudulent political system has to crash down around him. I think we should be thankful for that.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by 1025: 11:38am On Dec 09, 2014
pdp is a disgrace. let us vote them out for nigeria to move forward.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by chesterlee(m): 11:38am On Dec 09, 2014
"Obasanjo, who denied ever seeking Third Term in
office, blamed Atiku for what he described as a
campaign of calumny against him on the issue
after buying up the media."

Bloody Liar...This Man can Lie sha!!!
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by HonourablePomk: 11:41am On Dec 09, 2014
I must get this book once it hit the market its going to be an eye opener
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Adminisher: 11:41am On Dec 09, 2014
Boss13:

Oh a huge one. I forgot that completely and also the Poverty alleviation Programme.

These are policies that improves the standard of living of the ordinary Nigerians. Policies that adds or increases the amount of Naira inside the pockets of Nigerians.

I dare anyone to mention any policies that has improve the lives of Nigerians that has been completely implemented by Jonathan and his goons. All I read on papers are distribution of fertilizers and the free rise and fall of megawatts of power. Let me remind Nigerians, that the Agricultural boom actually started from Obasanjo's era.

No political prisoners, agriculture, ICT boom and ability to allow good ministers to work without interference.

These are the four things I give Jonathan credit for if one were to be objective. (on the last one, ministers working without interference, GEJ outclasses OBJ by a factor of 4)

However defence, security, corruption, unequal income distribution, and poor international prestige of Nigeria spoilt everything.
Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by lioncoolst(m): 11:43am On Dec 09, 2014
Ladies and gentlemen!

I often visit Nairaland to read posts and comments without commenting myself because I like to learn from intelligent and sound minds. However, the saying goes that all it takes for evil to thrive is for few good men to say nothing; I am one of the few good ones, and I have chosen to react to some of the comments here on this thread.

I am a believer in the notion that as youths of Nigeria, we are no longer the leaders of tomorrow as we have been deceived to believe over time by people who have no interest in the future of Nigeria or its youths. Rather, we are the leaders of today! Now, how can one claim to be a leader when he does not possess a shred of wisdom or what is popularly known as "common sense"? Even though for all intent and purpose, that sense is not common as I have observed over the years.

Here is a nice write up and an opportunity to learn from a man of experience, an elder statesman, a 2-time President of the FRN, a former BOT Chairman, a Party leader, a sage, a man known for his wisdom, cunny, sense, a master strategist, among other things. I am of the opinion that such a man should be understudied to know what he knows, and what makes past, present and future presidents of Nigeria to go to him - cap in hand - asking for his advise and seeking his blessings.

So, coming to this thread, I was looking forward to reading inspiring, motivating and sensible comments from some folks who appear to be in their prime. However, I was disappointed to be confronted with silly and witless comments like "..see pot calling kettle black", "do not mind that man, he is more corrupt than..." and so on and so forth.

Now, my question is "is this the issue at stake?" Is this the topic of discussion?" The answer is crystal - "No". So, why leave the substance and start chasing the shadows!!

Now, I know that it is not everybody that has the ability to reason before opening their mouths. Rather, some folks open their mouths first and do not even reason afterwards thereby showing that such folks have no substance in them, and this is quite unfortunate. Ignorance is bliss with these persons.

To whoever has ears to hear, kindly be informed that by reading books that were or are written by great and prominent people, you are given a window of opportunity to see what they have seen in their lives, a glimpse into their minds and probably what made them great and invincible, and also how their minds operated and still operates. In this instance, what he saw and experienced while he was in government as the number 1 citizen of this country, even though I still think the man is still in government.

There is an adage that says "what an elder sees while sitting, a child cannot see even if he climbs the tallest palm tree!" There is wisdom in this adage, I believe, and the adage is applicable in this instance. We, as youths of this country, need to sit down and learn wisdom, knowledge and understanding from elder who have experience, knowledge and cunny, for the betterment of self and the country. And you will agree with me that the man called OBJ is such a man to learn from, even though you do not like him. And no matter how much you dislike or hate him, you cannot do anything about it. So, rather than harboring bitterness and giving yourself headache over a man who does not know that you even exist, why don't you share from his wealth of knowledge and wisdom! For example, imagine these words:

“Timely information is a very important principle of war and also of politics. In politics, just as in war, what matters is not just your plan, but knowledge of your opponent’s plan. Knowing their plan, I had the choice of playing along with them or being firm, I chose the latter."

If you have read the book "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu, you can relate to this. Anyway, as the saying goes, "a word is enough for the wise."

Thank you.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 09, 2014
Boss13:

- Telecommunication/GSM

Are you serious? Tell me more...

Dude, Telecommunication/GSM were his achievement? Economic Stability?, DAMN! you need to understand and not just buy in the propaganda sold to you.
I guess you should add that Obasanjo brought computers to Nigeria... Have you forgotten that it was during his era that PCs start selling faster?

That guy did more harm than good, from 16billion dollars into power, being the oil Minister... no need for details, believe what you believe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Imo Government Reacts To The Attack On Archbishop Obinna During Church Event / Thousands Of OTOGE Chanters Sweep Saraki Out Of Offa / Oluwaseun Sakaba: No Forgiveness For Boko Haram Terrorists Who Killed My Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.