Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note (22483 Views)

CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note / New 100 Naira Note Designed And Ready For Circulation In Nigeria / Interesting Cartoons & Pictures On State Of The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by shockreaction(m): 8:36pm On Sep 29, 2005
Well, I never heard of the guys on the note before... but anyways, looks like less load to be carried by money launderers *cough* Just kidding tongue
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by joftech(m): 8:43pm On Sep 29, 2005
I hope it won't cause inflation

It may/may not cause inflation, but we may just end up like Ghana where a single nigerian newspaper will cost 10,000 Cedis.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by cushman(m): 8:54pm On Sep 29, 2005
shocked shocked
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Hunter(m): 12:45am On Sep 30, 2005
Nigeria really needs to look at alternate banknotes, paper really sucks for such a harsh condition - my naira looks like it's been dropped in a pond and then placed in several layers of mud to dry (and it smells as such as well)
Polymer bank notes all the way cheesy (type of plastic)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_dollar

All plastic, means no worn down money (you'd be hard pressed to damage it without intentionally doing it)
And yes hot-angle our money features two people on it on every note except the $5 (which has the queen of england and parliment house)

Personally I hate USD notes, the green is really difficult to tell apart in a hurry (euro's are ok but a bit flimsey) The worst currency ever used by me would have to be a centeral pacific franc, imagine a note 1 and half times taller than a niara note then slight longer and out of thinner paper, it's that great (in my wallet there was a good three centimetres that stuck out the top)

There is my thoughts for the day tongue
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Vongauche(m): 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2005
sorry to burst ur bubble but...

all y'all are each asking for millions and billions of the note. this'll mean the naira would be even less wothrless than it already is.

and in anycase, riches don't necessarily equate to happiness.

be satisfied with what u have.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by dantomi(m): 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2005
alhaji ma borma, dr clement isong. (i have no clue who they are)
Both of the are former CBN governors.

These men are not just past CBN Gorvernor, but great men that the country has lost in history. These two great men might not be known in the political scene, but they left a foot print of truthfulness, sincerity and Honesty. These are the people this country need to honour. It is a good start, to inspire more people not in the political scene to keep the good work.
I have made up my mind to be remember for something good too.

Dantomi
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by t2wise(m): 7:11pm On Sep 30, 2005
This currency is lovely but it would have been people we all know that are on the money and not people we don't know
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by goodguy(m): 7:29pm On Sep 30, 2005
The people on it dont matter. It's what the money can buy that matters. smiley
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by drbigdaddyg(m): 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2005
The problem there is that I foresee people who will hang themselves because of this 1000 whatever. Imagine someone who misplaced 3 of it or had the three leaves dropped from his wallet or pocket, do know the meaning? 15 pieces of N200 naira notes, 30 pieces of N100 naira notes! Is a fortune!

Anyways, thieves and robbers are really going to be placed on cash.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Saintjoe(m): 5:42pm On Oct 01, 2005
Hmmm!!! i don't care who's image shouldd be on it or how blur it looks, all i know is that i want to get trillion of it, and i will in Jeseu Name AMEN!!!

But i think that some of this frauds are going to forge the counter of this note cos' it is new and people will not be able to diffrenciate between the fake and the real one.
Well i don care wheter fake or real, the money is made to be spent................. wink
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by skima(m): 8:04pm On Oct 01, 2005
Well i don care wheter fake or real, the money is made to be spent.................

wat if u are given 1million naira fake. That means u wont be able to spend it.

If who u r to spend it for discovered its fake and get u arrested... wat will u do?
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Hunter(m): 12:33am On Oct 02, 2005
that why I think nigeria should invest in polymer money, forgery is nearly impossible (how many plastic casters are in nigeria that are skilled enough to defeat the 5 or so checks on polymer bank notes (see through windows, hologram, held up to the light... and it's textured in such a way nothing else feels like it)
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by joftech(m): 12:53am On Oct 02, 2005
One of the ministers said that they want the 1000 Naira note to be in polymer but due to the fact that the only polymer manufacturer (Australian based) in the world that can do it said they can't deliver on Oct 1 2005 so they have to get an alternative (which is what we have now).

IMO why the rush, can't they wait and bring out a nice job. Yeye people.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Jakumo(m): 8:01am On Oct 02, 2005
Forgive my ignorance, but who are those guys, especially the Mobutu-looking one in the leopard-skin cap, whose pictures appear on the new N1000 note ? What are they famous for ?
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by joftech(m): 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2005
The other one look like Hitler, i wonder where they manage to get all these pictures from.

How good is the national achieve, can't they get better portraits of these people or if that's not possible why don't they ask for my own picture.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by darlingbas(m): 7:57pm On Oct 02, 2005
Its more avenue for stealing public funds, you can imagine how much a ghana must go bag of N1000 will worth
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by goodguy(m): 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2005
As I said earlier, it's not the people on it that matters.....
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by joftech(m): 3:53am On Oct 03, 2005
People contesting for any political office come 2007 will really have a tough time. Most of those stupid people will judge aspiarant by the amount of N1000 are able to throw to the crowd (it used to be N500).
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by angelgab: 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2005
it is vert bad,where is d fifty kobo we were using b4?five naria and ten will be out of use very soon.were re we going in d hands of our leaders?make they carry go
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by skima(m): 9:56pm On Oct 03, 2005
Printing higher denomination has never brought us a change or development. The significant i only see is that the lower ones (5, 10) will be out of place. And price will continue to rise. What i see that brought this guys is the way that they can bag home enuf money while wear their AGBADA.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by skima(m): 9:57pm On Oct 03, 2005
Economic reform, thats wat i think we need. Its beyond printing money. And remember; this makes the money valueless.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Hunter(m): 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2005
Thinking about it nigeria needs a completly new money system (work with other nations and make an african currency) then inflation can be halted for the time being smiley
If your looking for something interesting to read, read about what the german's did in the twenties with there money the deustchmark->papiermark->reichmarks.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by skima(m): 10:37pm On Oct 03, 2005
not inflation but devaluation. Its will be better to eat your money than to buy something with it.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Saintjoe(m): 10:30am On Oct 05, 2005
skima:

what if u are given 1million naira fake. That means u wont be able to spend it.

If who you're to spend it for discovered its fake and get u arrested... what will u do?

I will never get arrested. No man catches the breeze!!!!..................... grin
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by goodguy(m): 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2005
ategun lomo! cheesy
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by kbstar(m): 6:19pm On Oct 08, 2005
..have been waiting to see the note physically, or does it mean banks do not  issue it, yet?
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by IB7(f): 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2005
Did I just read someone reply noted " I hope it won't cause inflation?" Duhhhhhhhhh in relative of nigerians being ready to pay taxes. I believe nigeria has 500 naira note? o.k. Inflation started before the printing of the 500 naira note, excuse me but sometimes i wished i wasn't a finance major. I would have appreciate it if it were japan but look at the nigerian economy. Yeah technology is picking up but look at all the sectors in her. It shouts INFLATION!!!!!!!
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Greatpeter(m): 10:00pm On Oct 11, 2005
Why this arabic on our currency?
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by skima(m): 10:05pm On Oct 11, 2005
Hausas' u know they undestand that. Dont know any other reason for that.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Greatpeter(m): 10:13pm On Oct 11, 2005
I'm sick of all these nonsence.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by goodguy(m): 11:59am On Oct 12, 2005
nonsense or no nonsense, the fact remains that the money can buy stuffs and I pray it gets into my hands in abundance. grin
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Greatpeter(m): 12:10pm On Oct 12, 2005
goodguy you will have this money in abundance no doubt i pray for you in that direction in Jesus name.
I will have it too. But why this arabic and unknown fellows on the currency?

Is there any arabic in dolars and pounds?

If someone starts tomorrow to put "Jesus loves all" on our naira the Muslims will kick agaist it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts / Buhari Seeks Approval To Pay N413b Subsidy Claims / Senate Names 69 Committees’ Chairmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.