Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note (22486 Views)

CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note / New 100 Naira Note Designed And Ready For Circulation In Nigeria / Interesting Cartoons & Pictures On State Of The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by queen2(f): 12:12pm On Oct 12, 2005
I think those arabic are there simply because the hausas are the ones ruling that country (Mostly the hausas)
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Greatpeter(m): 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2005
That's why I said it's disheartening to see such still going on in Nigeria.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by goodguy(m): 5:26pm On Oct 12, 2005
Muslims arent so reasonable. They feel everything is all about fight. That's probably why they put arabic so as to satisfy them and avoid commotion in the country.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by joshjosh(m): 9:03pm On Oct 12, 2005
islamic nations are the world most bankrupt all over the world. every where that religion is praticed appears to attract poverty, gloom, darkness, backwardness and evil like nothing else. i know some of u are followers of the religion but the truth has to be said. and i am not into any form of religious war on this matter.

as for abiola the idiot was a theif pure and simple. most of the wahala we are paying for today is all thanks to him and his pay masters in the military and the defunt NPN.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Seun(m): 10:56pm On Oct 12, 2005
Let's not bring the issue of tribalism into this. The two men are said to be [b]former Central Bank Directors [/b]and that's all there is to it! If a yorubaman or Iboman had been in the position, their faces would have been on the note. Look, the people in government are driven by personal ambitions and they only play the ethnic card in order to rally support from the tribalistic masses. Let's not buy into that rubbish: the two men are former Central Bank officials hence their names are on the 1,000 naira note.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by goodguy(m): 11:07pm On Oct 12, 2005
ok sir! wink
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by obong(m): 4:30am On Oct 13, 2005
Regarding the arabic writing on the naira

http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2005/oct/023.html

ARABIC INSCRIPTIONS ON THE NAIRA (NOT AGAIN!)

n its online edition of September 30, 2005, The Guardian Newspaper of Nigeria carried a news item titled CAN youths sue Govt. over Arabic words on currency. The article started thus:

"THE youth wing of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has sued the Federal Government over the inscription of Arabic letters on the country's currency.

The group wants the government to withdraw from circulation, all currency notes bearing the Arabic language, signs or inscription and to replace them with a language that is official and indigenous to Nigeria.

In the suit filed at the Federal High Court, Ibadan, by its national president, Dr. Niwo Oluwatade and secretary Victor Odabor, the group seeks to restrain the government from further issuance of the currency with Arabic language.

The suit, filed by their lawyer, Ranti Ajeleti, gives reasons for the group's action as:

* that the provision of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Act, Cap 47 Section 19(b), Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990 does not allow on the currency notes the inscription of Arabic language which is not officially recognised by the Nigerian constitution and not indigenous to Nigeria; and

* that the CBN, in issuing such currency notes with the Arabic inscription, sign and language, was violating the provisions of Section 10 and 56 of the Constitution…".

advertisement
Click Here!

I grant that in a fledging democracy like ours, free speech is not only necessary but paramount. It makes me sad, however, that a number of opinion leaders as here represented by the Youth Wing of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) would choose to ignore the necessity of a thorough homework before embarking on a frontal attack on a subject of volatile potential for bloodshed as religion in the context of our past experience. In an article I wrote on Nigeriaworld.com last January http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2005/jan/311.html and which was subsequently published in other news media, I tried to avoid making the link between Arabic as a language and Islam as a religion in that context. However, to those agitating against Arabic scripts on our national currency the two are one and the same, therefore, the need to correct some misconceptions here. My position is informed by being a Kanuri from Borno State and a Christian and also by the fact that I have spent the last nine years of my life fruitfully working as a doctor among Arabs in Saudi Arabia (a country that is 100% Arabs and very nearly 100% Islam)
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by whizkid(f): 9:37am On Oct 13, 2005
The N1000 note was launched yesterday; I went to the bank and got me self some of the cool notes although I think the N1000 note is ugly. Has anyone else seen the note? What do you think? I wonder if the guys on the note are very dead or still alive. It will be cool to have my face on a currency, so I can covet all the money for myself. I mean it is my face on the notes makes it all mine  grin
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by joshjosh(m): 11:21am On Oct 13, 2005
well said seun. i hope i can sponsor that as an advert in all the daily newspapers. most people are too naive and gulible for my comfort.

i remember some years ago a guy i know designed 50naira note for nigeria and was hounded out of the country because he put a cathedral or some christian theme on its design. he is doing well in europe now but those religious scums at CBN thought it was a satanic idea and yet have the audacity to print this one. i will personally not accept it as a legal tender.

do u know nigeria is a member of the islamic bank now?

evil thrives when the majority does nothing but silence. yes they like violence because their satanic religion enj oys the spilling of innocent blood. that is not enough reason to keep quiet. the black man have kept quiet too much. this is one major reason we are still in near slavery condition today. i didnt believe in my life i will see the day when an arab will argue he is superior to the black man because he has pale skin.

do u guys see what the black man is suffering in darfur today because they are black?

a group of idiots come all the way from dry north and lay pipes to take oil from the south and no one spoke against it. why wont they continue to throw their weight about. they know they are the only likely viable arab state ( ok they say they fulani/ hausa or kanuri or even mala " malam" for the posh aboki. they used to read islamic studies and political science and want to head every corporation to steal and loot.

some day some thing is going to happen and the black man is going to stand up and be counted. we talk about slave trade today and many of us dont know the arabs have more bad blood on their hands than the white man. go see how the egyptian or lebaneese treats a black servant.

any how we will get back our country one day
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by drbigdaddyg(m): 11:36am On Oct 13, 2005
My dear, I am tired ooooooooh
Everything should be left in the hand of God. I believe what is meant for us will fall back on our tracks no matter how long it seems it has tarried. lipsrsealed
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Saintjoe(m): 12:42pm On Oct 13, 2005
yeah @drbigdaddyg u are right.
But how long is it going to take. This one our governor is already in big trouble with OBJ...........
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by joftech(m): 11:31pm On Oct 13, 2005
Arabic inscriptions are also in the Nigerian Army logo. I wonder why some people are so foolish enough to put Arabic inscriptions on the nations most important emblem.

I have nothing against moslems, Arabic writings has nothing to do with Islam.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Greatpeter(m): 11:36pm On Oct 13, 2005
Joftech I'm tired of this nation oo or our leaders rather.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by drbigdaddyg(m): 11:33am On Oct 14, 2005
Nigeria is just a mockery. I believe the problem is premature independence. We should have suffered more in the hands of our colonial masters so that we can be able to know how to use an opportunity that has been entrusted in us.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by joshjosh(m): 12:29pm On Oct 14, 2005
the leaders are products of the society. it is the society that is sick and so by default produce all these sick leaders going no where fast. how else can one explain IBB and OBJ ruling again or attempting to come rule. sadly the same sick minds will go vote for him because sick people dont know how to help themselves.

there is hope though. cos things are not going to be like this forever. one day people are going to get tired but i have a fear that it is not this generation of cowards i see today.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Saintjoe(m): 6:15pm On Oct 15, 2005
Atimes i do regret beeing a Nigerian. But seem am already one don know...................I go manage am sha!!!!!............E go better
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Saintjoe(m): 6:17pm On Oct 15, 2005
Atime i dp regret being a Nigerian. But since am already one..............I go manage am and pray to God. .........E go better one day!!!!!!!!! smiley
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by joftech(m): 8:31pm On Oct 16, 2005
Nigeria is just a mockery. I believe the problem is premature independence. We should have suffered more in the hands of our colonial masters so that we can be able to know how to use an opportunity that has been entrusted in us.

Some people have conditioned their mind for perpetual slavery (Israelites in Egypt). I wonder that this could be coming from somebody in the 21st Century.

I don't know why some people are so hyper-ancious about where they want Nigeria to be. They compare Nigeria to US, Canada and UK but they failed to know for how long these people have been toiling to get to where they are today. These countries that we are envying did not acheive half of what we have achieved in their 90th year after indipendence.

We will get there but it will take time.

Some people need to stop their stupid whining of theirs on Nairaland.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by goodguy(m): 10:43pm On Oct 16, 2005
joftech:

They compare Nigeria to US, Canada and UK but they failed to know for how long these people have been toiling to get to where they are today. These countries that we are envying did not acheive half of what we have achieved in their 90th year after indipendence.

We will get there but it will take time.

Tell them man! cheesy I love u. (I no be gay sha o wink)

But then, I don't think it's going to take that long. I said ealier that in exactly 15yrs from now, Nigeria isn't going to be what it is today. (It's a prophecy cool).
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by komoo(m): 11:45pm On Oct 16, 2005
oh, I go get am for this #1,000 note yanfu-yanfu lol, pls, u wey get many piknin be carefull, just write, BEWARE OF AJAAGUN AT THE FRONT OF UR GATE, N.T.A NEWS....... ( a boy of 14yrs old missing) all na b/cos of dis new note ooo...... grin
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Seun(m): 10:09am On Oct 18, 2005
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Stephenabudu960(m): 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2023
Here we are still changing notes
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by moneyest(m): 1:19pm On Jul 24, 2023
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Idrismusty97(m): 1:22pm On Jan 16
Trojan8 here is it. Sorry for the late reply.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Trojan8(m): 4:42pm On Jan 16
Idrismusty97:

Trojan8 here is it. Sorry for the late reply.

I have done the needful, I should get feedback this evening or I'll check again tomorrow morning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Idrismusty97(m): 7:59pm On Jan 16
Trojan8:

I have done the needful, I should get feedback this evening or I'll check again tomorrow morning.
Ok Thank you
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by nairalanda1(m): 8:09pm On Jan 16
skima:
The subject of who appears on the country's currency is always a debate between verious ethnics'. People from the Niger/Delta have been complaining that there is non of their heroes on any of our currency even though majority of the country's derivation is coming from that area.

Who do u think will be on the N1,000 note.... or will it be like N50, that the tribes will appear on it?

Since then....
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Paraman: 8:54pm On Jan 16
skima:
The subject of who appears on the country's currency is always a debate between verious ethnics'. People from the Niger/Delta have been complaining that there is non of their heroes on any of our currency even though majority of the country's derivation is coming from that area.

Who do u think will be on the N1,000 note.... or will it be like N50, that the tribes will appear on it?

September 28 2005 comment shocked

I was using a palasa phone when you made this comment cool
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Trojan8(m): 10:57am On Jan 17
Idrismusty97:
Ok Thank you

Hi,

I also need your email address. I thought the name would be enough, I think there's an issue finding your account.
Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Idrismusty97(m): 6:50am On Jan 18
Trojan8:

Hi,

I also need your email address. I thought the name would be enough, I think there's an issue finding your account.
Morning Trojan, got a mail yesterday that the account have been created. Thanks for your assistance.

1 Like

Re: Pictures On the New 1,000 Naira Note by Trojan8(m): 9:36am On Jan 18
Idrismusty97:
Morning Trojan, got a mail yesterday that the account have been created. Thanks for your assistance.

Alright bro, welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Men Arrested In Taraba For Causing Religious Crisis - Photos / Stop Fighting Tinubu – Kinsmen Warn Buhari / Buhari Is Home Sick – Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.