Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ (27704 Views)

Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation / BREAKING News:obasanjo Finally Defects To Apc / Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo's Letter Nearly A Year After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by firstafricanews: 12:49pm On Dec 09, 2014
Nearly a year after his daughter, Iyabo, wrote a well-publicised open letter to him, former President Olusegun Obasanjo has replied her, alleging that she was induced by President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration to write the stinker. In portions of his latest memoirs, My Watch, seen in advance by TheCable, Obasanjo said he had been warned that “this administration” was attempting to induce two of his daughters to do a “dirty job” and that he warned both of them against it. Obasanjo said Iyabo succumbed to the advances because of “her character” and “the influence of her mother” – who is the retired general’s first wife. In her letter, Iyabo, a former commissioner in Ogun state and former senator, recounted Obasanjo’s failings as a father and questioned his moral right to criticise others. “This is the end of my communication with you for life. I pray Nigeria survives your continual intervention in its affairs,” she wrote.

Obasanjo had written a highly critical letter to Jonathan titled “Before It Is Too Late” in which he raised issues about insecurity and corruption in the country. He wrote: “You must hold yourself most significantly responsible for what happens or fails to happen in Nigeria and in any case, most others will hold you responsible and God who put you there will surely hold you responsible and accountable.” Obasanjo further repeated an allegation that Jonathan was training snipers to kill his political opponents

He had remained silent since Iyabo’s open letter to him was published in the medai, but has now responded in volume one of the three-volume memoirs. Obasanjo wrote: “I got a warning that this administration was attempting to induce two of my daughters, including Iyabo, to do a dirty job. I warned them both against it, but because of her character, the influence of her mother and her attitude, Iyabo succumbed; the other daughter did not. “I was warned about a former minister of finance, who wrote the reply for Jonathan, and about the writer of the letter to which E. K. Clark appended his signature. Iyabo’s letter and the response to it has been treated as a family issue, so that all the members of the family can be equipped with the other side of the story from me for posterity. “If Iyabo was childish and unwise enough to allow herself to be used, no other member of the family should allow himself or herself to be so used. Tolerance and acceptance of others must be practised in the face of any provocation, no matter how vile.” Obasanjo has previously been openly accused of incest and adultery by his son, Gbenga, who sought to divorce his wife alleging that his father was sleeping with her.

The former president, meanwhile, said a “cabal” surrounding late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adau framed corruption charges against Iyabo when she was a senator in order to get back at him because of his personal views against them. “My adversaries tried other means to get to me,” he stated. “If Obasanjo could not be cut down to size, they must have thought, what about those close to him, including his daughter? When Senator Iyabo, my daughter, was accused of corruption, I took my time to have a serious interview with her on what exactly had transpired. She briefed me in detail and I was satisfied. “But I did not stop there. I spoke with the Senate President, who also briefed me and assured me that Iyabo had not committed any offence as he had personally looked into the matter.

- See more at: http://firstafricanews.ng/index.php?dbs=openlist&s=8357#sthash.KO4QnjT7.dpuf

http://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-obasanjo-finally-replies-iyabo-says-induced-dirty-job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
FTC,

What is all this long speech being posted here. this old man should go and rest, else......
Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
Great Chief Olusegun Obasanjo...continue to expose them. ONE BY ONE!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by CyberWolf: 1:05pm On Dec 09, 2014
Obasanjo destroyed Nigeria..he should go and lick his shi***t angry

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by Mogidi: 1:26pm On Dec 09, 2014
So who induced Obasanjo to sleep with his son's wife? I bet he's going to blame that on the federal government also.

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by dapsoneh: 2:06pm On Dec 09, 2014
Getn interstn
Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by ichidodo: 2:07pm On Dec 09, 2014
Like father like daughter..…#basketmouth.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by mcmukoko12(m): 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ak47 prayer bombs

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by Francon(f): 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
Enough of this man gist abeg

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by simplemach(m): 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
We don hear. Frustration go soon kill this man.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by miqos02(m): 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
ok

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by chinex276(m): 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hmmmm... Our ''FATHER'' has gone mad again.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by oluseyiforjesus(m): 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
I now knw d reason y politics is call Dirty Game

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by Amanwulu1(m): 2:09pm On Dec 09, 2014
Olushegwu. Yar'adua govt was against u n gej govt is against u, den I suggest u examine ur way. I hear u don't take advice else I'd suggest d elders in ur place caution u b4 it's too late if not too late already.

16 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by Chiefpriest1(m): 2:09pm On Dec 09, 2014
Obasanjo is a complex and complicated human being. He has so many good sides which I think outweigh his evil side.

He made many mistakes during his administration,though he would never admit it because of his natural stubbornness.

Say what you will, obasanjo remains one of the strongest presidents Nigeria has ever had. He was never afraid to take decisions unlike what we have today. He has/had capacity though it's debatable what he did with it.

But is he in a position to criticize anybody? This is debatable depending on where you stand.

If jonathan really used iyabo against Obj,then it must have been a masterstroke,though inherently evil. Obj would have done worse stuff.

15 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by youngice(m): 2:09pm On Dec 09, 2014
True evil lurks deep in that man

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 09, 2014
Papa Deceive Pikin

grin

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by freezyprinzy(m): 2:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
ok seems dy are try'n 2 hide sometin family issues
Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by coolzeal(m): 2:11pm On Dec 09, 2014
They should both rot in prison.. 'Father and daughter in prison' should be his next book tittle.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by brainzdh(m): 2:11pm On Dec 09, 2014
Abeg how much will he sell this book? Lolz, I go like buy am walahi.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by simplemach(m): 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2014
Mogidi:
So who induced Obasanjo to sleep with his son's wife? I bet he's going to blame that on the federal government also.
:ou mean he actually did that?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2014
truth is, obasanjo is one jobless old man. I actually pity him. mtchew

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by clemz88(m): 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2014
K
Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by Tintinix: 2:13pm On Dec 09, 2014
Waiting for Iyabo's response.
You join her mama for this issue.... ok na!

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by seunwen2(m): 2:13pm On Dec 09, 2014
Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by moscobabs(m): 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
bad family
Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by seangy4konji: 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
Ok naw.
Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by gbenga4sure(m): 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
grin
Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by Spencer28(m): 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
How dat one take affect the price of egusi nd ogbolo for oyinbo market now.
Make den two dey deceive each other...
Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by dridowu: 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
Obasanjo , hate him or like him he will always says his mind.
Kudos to Okikiola Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Finally Replies Iyabo, Says She Was Induced To Do ‘dirty Job’ by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 2:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
wetin concern me

Beyonce picture leaked for the first time shocked shocked shocked
http:///AoKqf

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nkanu Youths Threaten Showdown With PDP Over Patience Jonathan's Interference. / Jonathan’s Foster Father, Inegite, Kidnapped / Oby Ezekwesili And Kwankwaso Celebrate USA Independence In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.