Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,373 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother (28453 Views)

Challenges Of A Single Mother / Results ; Christmas Giveaway For Single Mothers / Inspirational Interview Of A Single Mother With Three Special Needs Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 09, 2014
Christmas don reach and for a lot of us this is a challenging period.
Its a time to love and share from the little God has given us.
I spend time here and I see some people here struggling.

I have something small for single mothers who are members of nairaland.

I have N 20,000 and 2 wrappers for a single mother.

I request that the moderator and Moca help me review entries and select a deserving single mother.
I will also beg Madam Chaircover if she has time to help in the selection process.

Requirements :
1. Any single mother is eligible to apply
2. Picture of the single mother pregnant
3. Child's birth certificate or immunisation card
4. Picture of mother and child

Single Mothers willing to apply can click on this link to fill the form and submit. Thhe winner will be announced here https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FR5F6F9
This closes on 14th December 2014.

Thank you

Update: I received N10,000 from Madamhisponkolo, I raised my own contribution to N30,000, a good brother who wants to remain anonymous even though I will expose him small, he has done so much on the thread and with his family have decided to add N 60,000 total price money now N100,000.
We agreed that N25, 000 be shared among the first four entrants, however we are currently verifying the current entries hence we are temporarily suspending the.submission of entries but we will hopefully resume as soon as that is done.

Thank you wonderful family indeed this is really a family section

88 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by VocalWalls: 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by GboyegaD(m): 6:39pm On Dec 09, 2014
God bless you real good Aisha2.

5 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by corisande: 7:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
God bless you for this kind gesture kiss
You're putting a very wide smile on a mama and child's face this festive period

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
aisha2:

I request that the moderator and Moca help me review entries and select a deserving single mother.
I will also beg Madam Chaircover if she has time to help in the selection process.

Requirements :
5. Short essay 100 words in CLEAR ENGLISH And FULL WORDS On why they need the funds.

Entries can be sent to the Moderator ( If he agrees lol RoyalRoy help ya sister please I no well) and the winner will be announced here along with the winning essay minus the pictures and personal certificates and pictures.

This closes on 12th December 2014.

Thank you
Una rubbish requirements too plenty abeg. Do they need to write those nonsense for you to read.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by sexybash(f): 7:47pm On Dec 09, 2014
slimmy05:
Una rubbish requirements too plenty abeg. Do they need to write those nonsense for you to read.
You are quite shallow and dumb
If you can't contribute meaningful then shut up
AISHA Allah ya ja zamanin ki

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 09, 2014
sexybash:

bygot

7 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
sexybash:

Na gode. Please ignore derailers,the more attention you give the happier they are.

Allah ya tamaike mu duka yar uwa

5 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
Good work OP..God rewards good works kiss

1 Like

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 10, 2014
aisha2:

Requirements :
5. Short essay 100 words in CLEAR ENGLISH And FULL WORDS On why they need the funds.

Entries can be sent to the Moderator ( If he agrees lol RoyalRoy help ya sister please I no well) and the winner will be announced here along with the winning essay minus the pictures and personal certificates and pictures.

Thank you
Aisha that so good of u but I wish I can be able to do this. I've been hospitalised for sometime now hence my appearing and disappearing mode here. Pls no vex. Just logged in to read d news and saw this.
I lv d idea very much.
Thanks as u give, may more come ur way.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Fourcade(m): 8:36am On Dec 10, 2014
This is a nice gesture from you.The single mother's personal details are respected so no harm done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 10, 2014
sincerely, this is a nice gesture from you madam Aisha.

I really do think the essay part of the Eligibility conditions is not neccessary. Its not an academic challenge, it should just be a give away like you already insinuated to single mothers. Not all single mothers who would be interested would be able to write a 100 word essay in clear english.

Anyway, all the best in your kind gesture.
aisha2:

Requirements :

Thank you

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Hotstepper(f): 9:46am On Dec 10, 2014
2nded. Nice idea and God bless you are you give

babyface333:

I really do think the essay part of the Eligibility conditions is not neccessary. Its not an academic challenge, it should just be a give away like you already insinuated to single mothers. Not all single mothers who would be interested would be able to write a 100 word essay in clear english.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 10, 2014
All i just wanna say is THANK YOU.

5 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by pickabeau1: 11:43am On Dec 10, 2014
This is commendable

4 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2014
babyface333:

You are right so many single mothers had to drop out of school to have their kids.
The essay is removed as a requirement.

moca:

Aisha that so good of u but I wish I can be able to do this. I've been hospitalised for sometime now hence my appearing and disappearing mode here. Pls no vex. Just logged in to read d news and saw this.
I lv d idea very much.
Thanks as u give, may more come ur way.

So sorry sister, who is ill? May God heal the person totally amen. Thank you for replying. Madamhisponkolo please can you help?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by pickabeau1: 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2014
If the essay is removed what will be the differentiator then

Raffle draw?

aisha2

1 Like

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2014
pickabeau1:
If the essay is removed what will be the differentiator then

Raffle draw?

aisha2

Hmmmm I still dey beg for judges usually when I do this face to face I see and interview those who are seriously in need and verify their stories however I understand that so many single mums wont be able to write well hence disqualifying them automatically.
If it were a one on one interaction i would have an easier means of picking someone but I am open to opinions that will allow all regardless of educational status have a winning chance.
Ideas abeg
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by pickabeau1: 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2014
aisha2:

Hmmmm I still dey beg for judges usually when I do this face to face I see and interview those who are seriously in need and verify their stories however I understand that so many single mums wont be able to write well hence disqualifying them automatically.
If it were a one on one interaction i would have an easier means of picking someone but I am open to opinions that will allow all regardless of educational status have a winning chance.
Ideas abeg

Yes I agree single moms may be educationally challenged but that was old school

Anyone that can post on NL or Facebook should not have an issue

However an idea is to create a survey monkey page and link where people can give reasons and tick what applies to them

Q1..age range
Q2... How many kids
Q3....income range
Q4..employment status
Q5...why do u need this grant

This can be collated and then a choice is made

My thots

7 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by jaybee3(m): 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2014
You can ascertain their level of deprivation by asking them to submit their bank account statement (6 months) alongside pictures that can be verified on fb.

Applicant with the lowest monthly income average plus verifiable evidence of deprivation through historical pictures gets the cash.

4 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 10, 2014
pickabeau1:

However an idea is to create a survey monkey page and link where people can give reasons and tick what applies to them

Q1..age range
Q2... How many kids
Q3....income range
Q4..employment status

My thots
Any single mother with more than one child from more than one man should be disqualified.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by pickabeau1: 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:
Any single mother with more than one child from more than one man should be disqualified.

Hmmm.....not sure about this
This is delving into morality

jaybee3:
You can ascertain their level of deprivation by asking them to submit their bank account statement (6 months) alongside pictures that can be verified on fb.
Applicant with the lowest monthly income average plus verifiable evidence of deprivation through historical pictures gets the cash.

Another good idea

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2014
pickabeau1:

Q1..age range
Q2... How many kids
Q3....income range
Q4..employment status
My thots

Thank you. Please can you help with this? I am almost zero when it comes to advanced technology plus my health.
Thank you in advance.

Timbuktou:

I disageee with this please its open to any single mother, i am not a judge and this isnt to judge anyone. I have this to share only by Gods grace not because I am good, if God could look past all my errors and give me even enough to give back how dare I turn and decide to judge someone's life because of common 20k

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 10, 2014
aisha2:

I disageee with this please its open to any single mother, i am not a judge and this isnt to judge anyone. I have this to share only by Gods grace not because I am good, if God could look past all my errors and give me even enough to give back how dare I turn and decide to judge someone's life because of common 20k
Oh, but you are a judge. You have set criteria for them to be worthy of your generosity. We could all be lenient and say raypists should not be in jail if they appear contrite but that would be injustice, wouldn't it? And, oh, I didn't think you were God, but it's ok if you want to feel like him this christmas.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 10, 2014
pickabeau1:

Hmmm.....not sure about this
This is delving into morality

We are moral agents, are we not? I assume this award is to go to someone deserving, but I may be wrong.
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by pickabeau1: 12:43pm On Dec 10, 2014
I'm sure she means judge of morality and not judge in a contest.. grin

Timbuktou

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by pickabeau1: 12:46pm On Dec 10, 2014
Timbuktou:
We are moral agents, are we not? I assume this award is to go to someone deserving, but I may be wrong.

I get your angle...but morality is a line which will always be blurred

The married mother of one may even be more profligate than that single mom

6 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 10, 2014
pickabeau1:

I get your angle...but morality is a line which will always be blurred

The married mother of one may even be more profligate than that single mom

Well, then, it's the responsibility of the giver to make sure the money gets to the most appropriate mother, isn't it? Or is this just giving for giving sake, in which case, whatever?

1 Like

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by tellwisdom: 12:55pm On Dec 10, 2014
Peanut undecided
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2014
aisha2:

Thank you. Please can you help with this? I am almost zero when it comes to advanced technology plus my health.
Thank you in advance.

oh, then, you'd be more willing to 'judge' over 20m or 20b?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage / My Parents Are Against Me Getting Married / My Colleague's Husband Stresses His Wife Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.