Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,407 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. (6371 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Couple In This Photo? / What Is Wrong With This Picture???? / I Need Baby Girls' Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
I was having one of those deep conversations with my girlfriend and we started talking about kids, if it was a boy or a girl, what names will we choose and anyway she said she would never pierce her daughters ears and I asked her why and she said its the baby's choice not hers and when the girl is old enough to decide, maybe around 10, then she can have it pierced and I agreed with her and I will give my reasons.

Piercing ears is for vanity reasons only, so what vanity does a baby need? Why would you want to put your baby that you love so much in pain just because you think she will look more beautiful wearing earrings. It's selfish of any parent to do such to a child. Why would you want to see you baby cry? That's the last thing you should ever want to see. Do you know how easy it is for those little ears to get infected? Piercing of babys ears should be banned not only in Nigeria but world wide. Nigerians should at least stand out for something positive and say no to piercing of baby girls ears, federal government should act on this.

Fathers and mothers how many of u cry when they give u injection? You see yourself, yet you want your cute baby to suffer that pain and more.

My other reason is the baby is an individual and has a right to decide if she wants her ears pierced or not. You will be surprised at the amount of girls that won't pierce their ears at all. A woman doesn't have to wear earrings to be beautiful. My gf is in her late twenties and she hasn't had her ears pierced lucky for her, she has a choice. I asked her if she will ever do it and she doesn't know.

Another reason is more like a comparison. There is no difference in piercing a baby's ears and giving a baby tribal marks, after all it's all vanity,ain't it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 09, 2014
Well, I guess different strokes for different folks."
I would pierce the ear of my daughters. If i had my way i would pierce their nose as well.

2 Likes

Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
true, but its better the baby experiences that pain when she is small than when she grows up. coz earrings are high fashion accessories nowadays. every girl wanna wear earrings as long as her religion supports it. to me its not bad, as long as there are no health implications. you can never keep anybody (baby or adult) from pain.. at one point or another he or she will experience pain.

2 Likes

Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by SAMBARRY: 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2014
Awon deeper lifers titunde o.won ti gbe strategy imi lati wole si walara

mrs woman please face your shidren and let me face mine.i have every right under heaven and earth to do whatever I want with my baby by my own standards and not by the prerogative of another

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by holatin(m): 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2014
maybe but its has tey wey e don dey happen.
nothing goes wrong
Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2014
alexdellafonte:
Well, I guess different strokes for different folks."
I would pierce the ear of my daughters. If i had my way i would pierce their nose as well.

Your daughter deserves a choice, to pierce or not to pierce.

EroticAngelina:
true, but its better the baby experiences that pain when she is small than when she grows up. coz earrings are high fashion accessories nowadays. every girl wanna wear earrings as long as her religion supports it. to me its not bad, as long as there are no health implications. you can never keep anybody (baby or adult) from pain.. at one point or another he or she will experience pain.

Pain is pain, if babies could speak they will probably say no Im not ready to go through that pain yet and not all girls are the same. Some girls have four piercings in each ear and some have one. Why didn't the girls with only one piercing have four? Because everyone is an individual.
Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
SAMBARRY:
Awon deeper lifers titunde o.won ti gbe strategy imi lati wole si walara

mrs woman please face your shidren and let me face mine.i have every right under heaven and earth to do whatever I want with my baby by my own standards and not by the prerogative of another

Lol deeper life ke? I'm a not going to church Christian.

holatin:
maybe but its has tey wey e don dey happen.
nothing goes wrong

It has tey that's why it has to stop.
Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

Your daughter deserves a choice, to pierce or not to pierce.

Pain is pain, if babies could speak they will probably say no Im not ready to go through that pain yet and not all girls are the same. Some girls have four piercings in each ear and some have one. Why didn't the girls with only one piercing have four? Because everyone is an individual.
well, that's for u smiley like a comment or said.. diff strokes for diff folks.

1 Like

Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by holatin(m): 9:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

let me eat before driving further

1 Like

Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by cococandy(f): 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
If my mom didn't pierce my ears when I was a baby, I for quarrel well well with her now that im frown. Don't you know it is more painful to do that in adulthood? Abel OP this is not an issue

2 Likes

Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by acenazt: 9:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
trash!!! So please tell us when it is the right time to pierce.
Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by Adeoba10(m): 9:47pm On Dec 09, 2014
Bokoharam dey
Corruption dey
Election dey
Naira dey depreciate... FG no do anytyn, na piercing of ears make FG shld stand against..... Egbon e b like say na ur wife dey drive u....

2 Likes

Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by jmoore(m): 9:50pm On Dec 09, 2014
Your point is centered on 'vanity'. Opening a nairaland account is vanity too, kindly deactivate.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by corisande: 9:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
undecided
nonsense and ingredients!
what is the pain of ear piercing done to a BABY compared to the pain of circumcising.

Mtcheeeeew
op no get talk abeg

2 Likes

Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by Belexy95: 9:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
@OP, circumcision of male children should be stopped also. Let them grow up and decide for themselves. Also, as loving parents we shouldnt put them thro such pains. Stop using ur kidney to reason.

6 Likes

Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by crackhaus: 9:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
Piercings are an important fashion accessory for the women folk these days, advocating this topic will never get any support from them - it's a fool's errand.

If you would rather not have your daughter's ears pierced, then go right ahead...just don't try to convince other people to do same.
Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
acenazt:
trash!!! So please tell us when it is the right time to pierce.

When the person wey get ears wan pierce. No be u get ears

corisande:
undecided
nonsense and ingredients!
what is the pain of ear piercing done to a BABY compared to the pain of circumcising.
Mtcheeeeew
op no get talk abeg

Don't derail abeg, one problem at a time, story for tomorrow.
Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by lilmax(m): 10:12pm On Dec 09, 2014
So what's next? Guys have the right to tell their parents that they don't want to be circumcised abi?

2 Likes

Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by mutter(f): 10:27pm On Dec 09, 2014
I had my ears pierced when I was over 10 yrs and it does not really hurt. When I had my first daughter in Nigeria, the midwives pestered me to pierce her ears . Weak and tired I consented because they kept coming to my bed. The irony of it is that she is ver 20 and does not wear earrings. MY second daughter got her ears pierced at around 10 and also does not wear earrings.
With the last two I didn't `t even bother.
The main reason is that it is not done for young kid`s where I live and secondly I just do not see the necessity to have it done it can always be done later. Besides saved me this. "you lost your earring" grin

4 Likes

Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by nairalife2013(m): 10:55pm On Dec 09, 2014
What a coincidence! My wife told me about som few hours ago dat she regret not piercing our second dota's ears wid two holes instead of one a piece. I was surprised she could hav such a liking, but I did not show my surprise. I told her, well one hole a piece still ok. Let her or her future husband decide weda to add a 2nd, a 3rd hole or more.
We are all moderate in our household but dis recent craving jolted me a bit. I like women to dress well and adorn themselves wid blingbling. To me, women are flowers and they should look as such right from birth...Earpiercing being part of d adornment... I procure earings, neck and wrist laces for my girls.

2 Likes

Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 09, 2014
mutter:
I had my ears pierced when I was over 10 yrs and it does not really hurt. When I had my first daughter in Nigeria, the midwives pestered me to pierce her ears . Weak and tired I consented because they kept coming to my bed. The irony of it is that she is ver 20 and does not wear earrings. MY second daughter got her ears pierced at around 10 and also does not wear earrings.
With the last two I didn't `t even bother.
The main reason is that it is not done for young kid`s where I live and secondly I just do not see the necessity to have it done it can always be done later. Besides saved me this. "you lost your earring" grin

I'm glad at least someone here sees my point. You should be the Minister of women affairs jor
Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by SAMBARRY: 12:51pm On Dec 10, 2014
ManInTheMirror:

so why are you advocating non piercing

Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by pamcode(m): 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2014
sorry i have nothing to say,i think i will just reead the comments.
Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2014
Talking about pains, I've heard my boys cry out in pain during circumcision.we could've waited for them to grow up a lil' and give them the options: to do or not to do.

We plait our girls' hair, even when they cry and cringe in pain, we don't leave their hair unkempt till they can choose between gorimapa and weaves. Abi?

3 Likes

Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by rittyben(f): 5:25pm On Dec 10, 2014
Don't circumcise ur son because you don't want to see him cry. Leave it till when he is 10 yrs old so that he can make his own decision.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by mutter(f): 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2014
rittyben:
Don't circumcise ur son because you don't want to see him cry. Leave it till when he is 10 yrs old so that he can make his own decision.

I wish it was possible. wink
Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by lolababe331e: 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2014
mutter:

I wish it was possible. wink

It is possible , some white people choose to do that and even in some African cultures boys are circumcised at about 15 years old after a coming of age ceremony. The only thing is these things are a lot more painful as an adult, ask anyone who has been circumcised as an adult how horrible it is. By the way with the new ways if ear piercing, it's no longer ad painful
Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by mutter(f): 6:03pm On Dec 10, 2014
For me not possible because my husband will not hear of it. He takes them to the doctor and brings them back without me. He just does not allow me to follow him.
Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by Rosarie(f): 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2014
if dey re all vanity den a baby should not b clothed and wen dey re born dey shu nt cry.pls ma sis is a choice n d bible is nt against it
Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by undercat: 7:18am On Dec 11, 2014
Since a piercing is usually permanent and we can see that not everybody likes one, this issue is worth a second thought. That child whose ears you pierced could become an adult who dislikes piercings. Fortunately piercings are not an inconvenience.
Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by enoqueen: 12:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
deeper life people undecided
Re: Piercing A Baby Girls Ears Is Wrong. Stop It. by Sanguine(f): 4:38pm On Dec 11, 2014
I do not have my ears pierced and I'm comfortable this way. I don't think I wanna have them pierced for whatever reason as I do not see any need for it. Sometimes when I decide to wear clip-ons, I end up removing them as they begin to sting when worn for a long time.
Well, in the long run for the girl or lady, it all depends on personal conviction whether or not she wants to wear earrings or have more ear piercings...
Sometimes I look at some ladies' earlobes and I'm like ''yuck! These ears have seen better days!!''

All the same, It's definitely different strokes for different folks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Orphanage Home In Portharcourt, Rivers State. / How To Get Pregnant With Twins That Are Girls / Merry Christmas Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.