Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book (12046 Views)

PDP Governors Prostrate For Obasanjo Over Jonathan / NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row / Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by lalasticlala(m): 10:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
The Chairman, Organisation and Mobilisation Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party in the South-West, Mr. Buruji Kashamu, has threatened he will sue the former president Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, for going ahead to present his autobiography, My Watch, in Lagos on Tuesday.

He said this in a statement he personally signed and made available to our correspondent in Abeokuta.

Kashamu had earlier approached the court and got an injunction to restrain the former president or his agents from publishing the book, because he believed that the book criticised President Goodluck Jonathan.

He said, “I have asked my lawyers to press criminal contempt charges against him(Obasanjo) and all those who assisted him in flouting the orders of the court.

“I will ensure that they are all dragged before the court, and particularly, Obasanjo, without his cap, to show why he should not be punished for criminal contempt.”

Kashamu noted that the ex-president’s action had confirmed his knack for lawlessness and arbitrariness.

He added, “Everybody knows that good governance is based on the rule of law, due process and respect for constituted authorities.

“It beats my imagination that this man can be sermonising about good governance when he shamelessly advertises all the elements of bad governance.

“In short, he is bad governance personified. He is the worst advertisement for the product he is trying to advertise – good governance. He has shown that he does not have respect for the judiciary, and that he is above the law.

“Certainly, President Goodluck Jonathan and his predecessor, the late President Umaru Yar’Adua, and others he criticised in the controversial book, which I am reliably informed he did not write, are made of a sterner stuff than him. They are true democrats and gentlemen to the core.”

source: http://www.punchng.com/news/kashamu-threatens-to-sue-obasanjo-over-new-book/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by ALKARULEZ615(m): 10:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
OBJ don dey kari dey do bah?

Street go soon treat him fvck-up

Meanwhile, GEJ til OBJ break leg

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 09, 2014
One small book and BAM!
The whole network of deception begins to entangle.
Huge wave of suspense pumps into all four corners.
I've to say BABA is a first class WRITER. tongue

42 Likes

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by Alphaoscar: 11:00pm On Dec 09, 2014
kashamu can go and die for all I care. GEJ should have sued OBJ himself instead of hiding behind some drug addict .

48 Likes

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by pendy79: 11:00pm On Dec 09, 2014
Make Kashamu come collect him award and leftover properties he forgot for US embassy for Abuja na.

We have brought them closer home for him.

----US Ambassador to Nigeria.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by cybug: 11:00pm On Dec 09, 2014
We are coming cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by skyprofm(m): 11:02pm On Dec 09, 2014
Na today? Sue ko suwe ni

6 Likes

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by sojjy: 11:03pm On Dec 09, 2014
Kashamu should please visit USA for medical cheeck up. At Baba age, the truth must be spoken always. Nigeria will be great again come 2015 when Buhari take over power from the clueless and corrupt Jonathan.

50 Likes

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by Daguccizgreat(m): 11:06pm On Dec 09, 2014
The way Obj is creating animosity and painting the present administration black, I foresee him going back to jail if Jonah gets re~elected and this time he won't make it out of the prison let alone coming out to rule naija the third time. He just needs to shut up and stay in his otta farm.

7 Likes

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by dunkem21(m): 11:13pm On Dec 09, 2014
Word.

Flouting court orders show immaturity and irresponsibility. Wetin dey the book sef wey we never hear from the season of open letters

Baba is charging the already heated atmosphere and he seems not to have anointed any candidate. Good news is that this book just like other distractions will never stop Goodluck from contesting elections next year.

That last paragraph though ... grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 09, 2014
What is stopping Jonathan from countering Obasanjo's allegations against him? Why are his touts speaking on behalf of him?

What a clueless coward!!

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by LaurelP(m): 11:27pm On Dec 09, 2014
Who be dis Kashamu abi na fashanu sef
Is he now the d president's publicity aide or minister of info?

3 Likes

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by MillionDollars: 11:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
people dey beef OBJ gan o!! Chai

4 Likes

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
What's all the fuss over a book written by a senile old man for?

2 Likes

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by Safari29: 11:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
drug baron omo ijebu igbo. wanted in america. pdp senator in nigeria. In a sane country this guy kashamu should be in prison

21 Likes

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by emmysoftyou: 11:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
[size=18]
all dis one na jus noise,
i remember when chinue achebe published,
there was a country.
Some nigerians were making noise while others are duplicating it for their own business and business purpose.
eventhough the court stop obj frm distributing or publishing it,
it s too late,cos the duplicators have already copy it,plagiarised it and put it for sale.
so allow the man(obj)to rest because to write a voluminous book,is not a day job,
but my problems with the book called my watch?is that the writer of the book is never a sincere or honest human,cos i'm very sure obj will never be objective in his statement of use towards his authobiography,
he is such a man that will allow his sentiment to becloud his rationality cum emotionality...
[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by zubby29(m): 11:48pm On Dec 09, 2014
lets d drama begin
Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by onosprince(m): 11:49pm On Dec 09, 2014
grin
Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by Iroh88(m): 11:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
Fugitive threatening to SUE a free man. ONLY in Nigeria!! cheesy

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
I guess you are the guy that got seun's job.
Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by ofala(m): 11:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
Can somebody ask Kashamu to visit USA for a brief vacation?

*You don't need to say it, just go ahead and sue Baba for voicing out in black and white *

4 Likes

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by major466(m): 11:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
The newly published book by OBJ is one of his numerous calculations to stop Atiku from ever emerging or becoming Nigeria's President forever and ever.
Anyway. Let's see whether the duo of Kashamu and Atiku will sue OBJ in a joint suit.

5 Likes

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by obiZEAL(m): 12:03am On Dec 10, 2014
And his getting the attention....thats what he wants

1 Like

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:09am On Dec 10, 2014
Daguccizgreat:
The way Obj is creating animosity and painting the present administration black, I foresee him going back to jail if Jonah gets re~elected and this time he won't make it out of the prison let alone coming out to rule naija the third. He just needs to shut up and stay in his otta farm.
Truth they say is Bitter. But it must be told. People should focus on d message and not d messenger. Ka chineke me ziokwu.

3 Likes

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by emirateprince: 12:13am On Dec 10, 2014
Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by Rikidony(m): 1:32am On Dec 10, 2014
OBJ HAS THE RIGHT TO PUBLISH HIS BOOK WHEN EVER HE FEELS LIKE AS A CITIZEN OF THIS NATION......KASHAMU CAN GO AND KISS BABA's JUICY FACE undecided undecided

14 Likes

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by MisterLongman(m): 2:46am On Dec 10, 2014
Toothless Bulldog........ Gej is not handicapped, if he feels offended by Obj's book. He can do the needful
Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by Kay512: 4:34am On Dec 10, 2014
I
will
be
right
back
not
sure
actually,
maybe
if
it
makes
FP
Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by lonelydora: 5:19am On Dec 10, 2014
Haa! What's all these hullabaloo about OBJ?
Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by M4gunners: 5:57am On Dec 10, 2014
sojjy:
Kashamu should please visit USA for medical cheeck up. At Baba age, the truth must be spoken always. Nigeria will be great again come 2015 when Buhari take over power from the clueless and corrupt Jonathan.
No ur OBJ should first visit hospital. Old fool who went to national tv to insult Edriss A. parents for singing nigeria Jaga Jaga as if nigeria is his. Who kills Africa China careers for singing mr president using the Police then.Who picks Nuru L. The former EFFCE Chairman to fight crime knowing fully well he can't protect him.Nuru is now in the UK for the fear of his life after many attempt to kill him, the betrayer still parade himself in Nigeria as most powerful man.OBJ is the second worst president of Nigeria i withness after Abacha.He should be ashamed of himself.

2 Likes

Re: Kashamu Threatens To Sue Obasanjo Over New Book by focus7: 6:08am On Dec 10, 2014
Kashamu should look for somewhere to sit. Talking of respect for judiciary, what does he know about it, does the pdp he represents has any respect for the judiciary? Let them first demonstrate the respect for judiciary by obeying all the various court injunctions they are yet to obey because they did not favour them before he comes here to be telling us about respect for judiciary.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls / Bagudu On Budget Padding: Insertions By National Assembly Legal – Minister / NLC Threatens To Join ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.