Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,759 members, 7,806,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX (27389 Views)

See What They Did To These Two Boys In A Nigerian Universty (Graphic Pics) / Electrician Rapes Housemaid After Installing Decoder / Picture Of The Maid Who Disappeared With 2 Young Boys From Their Lagos Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Ishilove: 1:53am On Dec 10, 2014
There is now an update to the viral story of the housemaid from 'hell' that kidnapped two little brothers from their Magodo home - Gateway Crescent in the Magodo, Isheri area of Lagos State - on Sunday.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-d9ubbU5CTAA/VIaVT72i00I/AAAAAAABVEc/DvfuuX4b-jc/s280/unnamed.png[/img]

According to Punch Metro, the housemaid, identified simply as Juliet,fled home with the kids –Rafael (3), and 15-month-old Michael– who are nephews of a Nollywood actress, Kate Henshaw, on Sunday evening after their parents went out around 6pm.

The kids’ mother, Mrs. Onajite Esharegharan, and her husband, Elvis, had decided to go for a shopping on the fateful day in celebration of the latter’s birthday.

It was learnt that the couple had instructed Juliet, who hails from Osun State, to lull the kids to sleep before they left home.

Juliet, the children, their grandmother and her nurse ─ who also lives in the house ─ were in the sitting room watching television, when the generator went off. It was said that the elderly woman and the nurse decided to retire to their respective rooms, while Juliet went upstairs with the children.

It was when the couple came back home that the household discovered that the housemaid had sneaked out with the children.

It was gathered that Onajite secured the service of the fleeing housemaid last Tuesday through a sale portal, OLX, where a visitor, identified simply as Omolade, advertised .
Omolade had allegedly posted a number on the website for those who were interested in a “humble” housemaid to apply ─ an advertisement to which Onajite responded.   It was learnt that Omolade eventually took Juliet to Onajite’s office.

Onajite said, “After we came back from the church, the children looked tired and I told Juliet to take Michael to bed while I went to do my hair. He had not slept when I came back. That day (Sunday) was my husband’s birthday and we decided to have a couple’s outing. We told her to take the children to bed immediately because they were very tired.

“We got back home at 9pm. It was Abigail, the nurse, that opened the door for us. When we entered, everywhere was quiet and that was when my husband became suspicious because usually, our children would have run from upstairs to say welcome.

“She probably deceived the kids that she was taking them to their mum. Her telephone line and that of Omolade have been switched off since yesterday (Sunday). We lodged complaints at the Isheri Police Station and the Department of State Service. The police said it was beyond their capacity, but the DSS promised to track the housemaid down.”

Elvis, a businessman, said, “We just hope nothing is going to happen to them. We do not have any specific suspicion as to where she took them to.”

Onajite’s aunt, Mrs. Tina Obajuwana, said she was amazed by the housemaid’s action despite her calm look.

“When she was introduced to me on Saturday, I thought she would be a good woman. She looked gentle and hardly could anyone think she is evil,” she said.

The Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident, adding that efforts were on to rescue the victims.

He said, “There are efforts to rescue the children and apprehend the fleeing maid. Members of the public are encouraged to give information that will lead to the rescue of the kids and reunite them with their parents.”
Source:www.kemifilani.com/2014/12/housemaid-that-abducted-two-boys-from.html?m=1

How can anyone hire housemaids from OLX? undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Nobody: 2:07am On Dec 10, 2014
Trust but verify. I won't say more than that.

5 Likes

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by kilokeys(m): 2:08am On Dec 10, 2014
hehehehehehe.. its deeper than this. i am so sure.

besides.. how much dem dey pay ds maid sef.
if graduates are offered 30k. i wonder how much maids are offered. ( d true custodians of ur family's safety).

i hope it gets resolved
Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by holyboss: 2:08am On Dec 10, 2014
shocked
Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Nobody: 2:09am On Dec 10, 2014
Oh my God! shocked
Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Nobody: 2:09am On Dec 10, 2014
I guess it is high time we made child minding in this country a professional activity.

If we set up companies where young women are trained to be excellent nannies and most importantly vetted before they can look after anyone's child....ie security vetting....I guess it might reduce the incidence of such events.

Also,high time we had things like CCTV, records, etc.

Modified.....From the WikiPedia Article.....Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years

Registered childminders and nannies

Registered childminders care for one or more children under the age of eight for more than a total of two hours a day, usually in the childminder's home, for payment. They are usually self-employed and are inspected by Ofsted in England [3][19] or the Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW), [4][20] to ensure they are providing a safe and stimulating environment for these children.

Unlike registered childminders, nannies are employed by parents, and work in the family home. They are not required to register with Ofsted in England or with CSSIW in Wales. However, to reassure parents that they have had an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check, first-aid and basic childcare training, nannies can join the voluntary Ofsted register or CSSIW's Voluntary Approval Scheme.[21]

That is how it is done in the UK.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by swtchicgurl: 2:11am On Dec 10, 2014
i pray they will be found in Jesus name.

21 Likes

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Nobody: 2:12am On Dec 10, 2014
bushdoc9919:
I guess it is high time we made child minding in this country a professional activity.

If we set up companies where young women are trained to be excellent nannies and most importantly vetted before they can look after anyone's child....ie security vetting....I guess it might reduce the incidence of such events.

You are chasing shadows. You don't just go on internet and hire someone you have never met from Adam, and put your wards in her care. The key thing is gullibility.

In matters like that, common sense demands a thorough background screening.

16 Likes

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by kilokeys(m): 2:12am On Dec 10, 2014
bushdoc9919:

loved ur last point..

d very awkward moment where d parents watch d maid in slow motion as she leaves the house with those kids.

how helpful cry

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Nobody: 2:13am On Dec 10, 2014
ProfCorruption:

You are chasing shadows. You don't just go on internet and hire someone you have never met from Adam, and put your wards in her care. The key thing is gullibility.

In matters like that, common sense demands a thorough background screening.

Hence the ''records'' aspect of my comment.

4 Likes

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Sunbassen(m): 2:14am On Dec 10, 2014
The bio data of Omolade could be gotten via her phone number from the service provider, provided that it was registered. OLX is now becoming adultrated!!!

2 Likes

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by talk2riel: 2:14am On Dec 10, 2014
Olx den of thieves and scammers

7 Likes

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Nmeri17: 2:14am On Dec 10, 2014
God punish the mod that hid my post. nonsense. don't u know I'll modify it idiot angry after how many years I finally came ist to comment and u hid my post. so shall God frustrate yo endeavours in Jesus Christ name amen. matchew

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Nobody: 2:14am On Dec 10, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Hence the ''records'' aspect of my comment.

If your "records" is interpreted in that context, fine.

1 Like

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Nobody: 2:14am On Dec 10, 2014
Biggest foolish act of all time..d mother deserves an award for been so myopic..how can u get a maid from OLX!! As in OLX??

Damn! I hope it ain't too late.. I pray d kids are OK and never trust people via looks..the world has gone byond looks alone..

3 Likes

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Nobody: 2:15am On Dec 10, 2014
kilokeys:

loved ur last point..

d very awkward moment where d parents watch d maid in slow motion as she leaves the house with those kids.

how helpful cry

Not just that.....CCTV may help track the maid's movements on the streets and in public transport.....very important in Police investigations, especially in the first 48 hours of investigating the crime.

3 Likes

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Yungwhy(m): 2:15am On Dec 10, 2014
Lmao.. Some peepz sha, they order househelp for OLX like say na property.... OLX, Sell it

3 Likes

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Afrocatalyst: 2:16am On Dec 10, 2014
Hmm.. OLX,time to restructure. So many negative news against you.

4 Likes

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by guydangerous(m): 2:16am On Dec 10, 2014
So how was the kidnapper from olx hired again

1 Like

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Mina98(f): 2:19am On Dec 10, 2014
God pls save those innocent children,the parent were wrong to hire the maid from OLX but the most important thing is how to get the kids back home. This is an ember month and election period unimaginable things are happening! My God deliver the children from evil.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Nobody: 2:19am On Dec 10, 2014
She was hired on Olx...they should check Olx if there is any advert like buy kids...she came through Olx find her through Olx

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Nobody: 2:22am On Dec 10, 2014
The parents were actually not in their right sense to hire a total stranger to look over their kids,olx.......?,can u imagine?

3 Likes

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by gift2020(f): 2:23am On Dec 10, 2014
I pray for the safety of dis 2 little angels in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 10, 2014
It was beyond the capacity of the police.

God please, please, save these kids. sad

3 Likes

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by coded01: 2:25am On Dec 10, 2014
I Pray they are both found in peace... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by cococandy(f): 2:27am On Dec 10, 2014
House maids from hell.
Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by born2fuckpussy: 2:27am On Dec 10, 2014
The two couples should first of all be sentenced to 3 days in ikoyi prison for hiring house maid on OLX, if money make the rich turn fool, where did they keep their common sense?

Even when I was looking for ordinary flat screen on OLX, I afraid so tay till I go to ordinary shop closer to me. Even till today, I never buy a single product on jumia even as I browse everyday with intention to buy someday because my monkey no wan go market and not come back. Masquerade should be careful when dancing to the express road i.e becareful when buying product online because that's the express road, you never know who is who? Not to talk of human being as housemaid

If they could be sentence for 3 days and published it that stupidy is a criminal offense, this would serves as good example to others who are doing this or about

If not, shekau would not be running from bomb and gun and yet sent those who are fool and stupid among themselves to go bomb others, can't shekau carry bomb on his own body and blew it in national assembly?

Some of this need to be treated from primary level before they become a problem again, that what lead to our national problem to day. The stupid ones are being used

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Lusaint(m): 2:28am On Dec 10, 2014
I neva knew they order people on olx
Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by Project400: 2:29am On Dec 10, 2014
shocked
Re: Housemaid That Abducted Two Boys From Lagos Home Was Hired From OLX by iluvweed(m): 2:30am On Dec 10, 2014
Lol...This is a mere KID-nap.... grin

I am sure they will call soon for money.... grin grin grin....and then be caught Foolishly....... cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tasued Student Brutalizes His Colleague For Verbally Abusing His Girlfriend / Hoodlums Attack Hausa Family Travelling From Benue To Calabar (Photos) / Gombe Pupil's Hand Amputated After Punishment From Teacher (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.