Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN (10118 Views)

Fashola Reversed LASU Fee To Avoid PDP Cheap Political Gains-lagos APC / 2015 Election: Politicians Exploiting Faults In Electoral Law —INEC / Should The Igbos Revive The Ancestral Worship Of Ekwensu For Political Gains? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by resty4(m): 7:53am On Dec 10, 2014
Oritsejafor: Nigerians running away from the truth
Paul Obi in Abuja
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) on Tuesday said politicians are constantly exploiting the current act of terrorism and insurgency by the Boko Haram sect for cheap and short-term political gains.
This came as the CAN President, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, observed that the country was still experiencing the insurgency because Nigerians are pretenders and always in the habit of running away from the truth.
Oritsejafor, while speaking at the Northern States Christian Elders’ Forum (NOSCEF) and Traditional Rulers Conference 2014 in Abuja, said the greatest war that Nigeria is fighting today is the war Nigerians are fighting against truth.
Oritsejafor stated: “Nigeria is fighting against truth. We hate truth, we hide truth and we fear truth. It is so unfortunate. In John 8:32, Jesus said you shall know the truth and the truth will make you free. Nigeria is not free because we are running away from truth. Truth can be bitter, but when you swallow it, when it gets inside, it could become sweet.
“No nation can grow or develop without embracing the truth. No matter how difficult it is. In the same John 8:46, it was said: “If what I have told you is the truth, then why do you refuse to believe me?” This is the situation of Nigerians, we are like ostrich, we are a nation of pretenders.
“We run away from the truth and we want to believe that somehow, our troubles will just vanish, but it never happened that way, because truth has a way of creating a level plain ground for everybody.”http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/politicians-exploiting-terrorism-for-short-term-political-gains-says-can/196305/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by simplemach(m): 7:56am On Dec 10, 2014
Ofcourse, that has been the case for long and is also the reason why the whole thing is being difficult to handle.
Even in the bible it is recorded that u shall know the truth and the same truth shall set u free.

5 Likes

Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by Drsmith01(m): 10:03am On Dec 10, 2014
See who z talking undecided
a pastor involved in politics, who sponsors hates transportation of arms in his private jet.
mtcheeeew next plzzzx

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by Francon(f): 10:03am On Dec 10, 2014
We don hear
Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by eleojo23: 10:03am On Dec 10, 2014
The article is incomplete.
More from the article
The association explained that politicians have turned the insurgency into a thriving field; “Needless, senseless violence triggered by anger, hate and intolerance and, above all, by fear.In recent months many politicians have tried to claim that one political party or another is secretly using Boko Haram for their own ends.

“Giving instructions; providing them with weapons and finance; yet not one piece of evidence has been forthcoming. Accusations and denials have filled the newspapers, but these politicians do not want to help our community.”

CAN observed that the main purpose of this divide and rule is to achieve some political gains.

“They just want our votes so that they can look after themselves. They feed on fear and gorge themselves on terror. They demonstrate that they can be no part of Nigeria’s future so long as they remain wedded to exploitation of terror for short-term political gain.
Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 10, 2014
No, our Government is, followed by you.

angry

9 Likes

Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by IamOpemipo(m): 10:04am On Dec 10, 2014
Ride on pastor

1 Like

Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by Calebosko(m): 10:04am On Dec 10, 2014
Recently, I feel like I am dating MTN. I go to
bed with a text and wake up with a text msg.
It's either they are calling me or begging me
to suscribe to one thing or the other.
VERY SOON MTN WILL BE LIKE:
1. Dear customer are u HUNGRY??...txt HGY
to353884 Tips on HUNGER And what to EAT
2. Dear customer need DELIVERANCE??.. .. Text
DEL TO 35388 for daily tips on how to deliver
yourself
3. Dear customer facing ancestral
problems??.... text ANCESTORS to 35354 and
recieve daily ancestral tips
4. Dear customer wanna bathe but u have no
soap??....text SOAP to 35629 to recieve dialy
soaps to your phone
5. Dear customer feeling HEARTBROKEN??..
..Txt HEART
to 38545 and recieve tips on how to plaster
your heart...
Imagine MTN sending my grandma
BEAUTYTIPS... for what??
HABA!
From tomorrow Ur might see things like........
1. U want to know how to WIN PDP primaries
against ALL ODDS text Okowa to 38554
2. If U don't want to BE Deceive into Politics
text OBUH to 33003
Hahahahaha!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by miqos04: 10:04am On Dec 10, 2014
i disagree sir
Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by jacabi(m): 10:05am On Dec 10, 2014
Hmm! To overcome boko haram menace, we need to unite and forget about political, tribal and religion affiliations.

2 Likes

Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 10, 2014
He is number 1 pretender!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by vecman22(m): 10:05am On Dec 10, 2014
du people still listen to dis thug?

2 Likes

Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by tclever: 10:05am On Dec 10, 2014
Story for the gods...you too find solution to it...or are you not a nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by Janiobi(m): 10:05am On Dec 10, 2014
Dis land is not 4 sale, beware of 419
Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by Gwekzy: 10:05am On Dec 10, 2014
Truth truth truth... Pls tel us wat d truth is

5 Likes

Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by KidProgrammer(m): 10:06am On Dec 10, 2014
Dat means the can president is also pretending.

1 Like

Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by kwencypresh(f): 10:06am On Dec 10, 2014
Nigerians has been living in lies since adams

1 Like

Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by IamOpemipo(m): 10:06am On Dec 10, 2014
Calebosko:
Recently, I feel like I am dating MTN. I go to
bed with a text and wake up with a text msg.
It's either they are calling me or begging me
to suscribe to one thing or the other.
VERY SOON MTN WILL BE LIKE:
1. Dear customer are u HUNGRY??...txt HGY
to353884 Tips on HUNGER And what to EAT
2. Dear customer need DELIVERANCE??.. .. Text
DEL TO 35388 for daily tips on how to deliver
yourself
3. Dear customer facing ancestral
problems??.... text ANCESTORS to 35354 and
recieve daily ancestral tips
4. Dear customer wanna bathe but u have no
soap??....text SOAP to 35629 to recieve dialy
soaps to your phone
5. Dear customer feeling HEARTBROKEN??..
..Txt HEART
to 38545 and recieve tips on how to plaster
your heart...
Imagine MTN sending my grandma
BEAUTYTIPS... for what??
HABA!
From tomorrow Ur might see things like........
1. U want to know how to WIN PDP primaries
against ALL ODDS text Okowa to 38554
2. If U don't want to BE Deceive into Politics
text OBUH to 33003
Hahahahaha!

So bros wts d diff btw u nd Mtn now, cos. U are sure disturbin dis thread with dis Bu.llshit
Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by bigfatbooty: 10:06am On Dec 10, 2014
but of course naah
Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 10, 2014
Drsmith01:
K
AINATOLULOPE:
Hmm
jacabi:
Hmm
when will u people learn?
Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by espn(m): 10:07am On Dec 10, 2014
U r right pastor..d same way u guyz v pretended dat u r nt behind boko haram after bin caught with money in ur private jet to procure arms to strengthen dis deadly sect! God is watching!

4 Likes

Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by bunmioguns(m): 10:07am On Dec 10, 2014
true talk
Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by virtual7(m): 10:07am On Dec 10, 2014
Yes we know and that is why we want you to
B: bring
U: us
H: happiness
A: and
R: restore
I: integrity

5 Likes

Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by dedarkman(m): 10:08am On Dec 10, 2014
I have not replied on this thread for months now but after seeing what he has to say I had to post my comment . Please may I ask sir what the truth is? What is the truth ? Tell us cause we don't know ,u just keep saying hiding the truth is u know the truth let us Nigerians know biko

6 Likes

Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by lonelydora: 10:08am On Dec 10, 2014
So true
Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 10, 2014
Oro sunukun
Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 10, 2014
We know ,Mr Preacher.
Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by tinacrl01(m): 10:10am On Dec 10, 2014
I NEED AIRTIME plZ
Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by tonididdy(m): 10:11am On Dec 10, 2014
simplemach:
Ofcourse, that has been the case for long and is also the reason why the whole thing is being difficult to handle.
Even in the bible it is recorded that u shall know the truth and the same truth shall set u free.
hmm...so unlike the first to commenterx.

I dare you not to modify yor post

Pastor orishirishi...pass me the SK
Re: Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN by coldsummer: 10:12am On Dec 10, 2014
[size=18pt]that is correct sir but that also includes you.

we nigerians expect people like you speak up and intimate nigerians and let us know what and who you know the problem is.

ALL IT TAKES FOR BAD TO CONTINUE IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO SIT AND DO NOTHING.,

[/size]

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please When Will 2017 Budget Be Passed? / Fire Engulfs IDP Camp In Borno (see Photos) / "I Don't Have A Social Media Account" - IBB On Fake Twitter Account In His Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.