Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,874 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:39 AM

Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup (14263 Views)

The Best Kuli Kuli You Ever Tasted! / Ever Tasted Groundnut(peanut) Soup ? / Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by kika23(f): 10:08pm On Dec 11, 2014
I have.... It's very very nice.... I like it
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Dymondgurl(f): 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
Its very delicious. You should try it some time.
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by JigsawKillah(m): 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
CorperShop:
If I make groundnut soup for you, you won't want to taste any other soup again.. it takes some special culinary skills( of which I posses) to bring out that special taste that truly makes it groundnut soup grin grin

I no ur type
They end up cooking 'long sleeve" for the husband
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by 360command: 10:11pm On Dec 11, 2014
I chop the soup taya for ghana. Friends, coursemates, na dem dey give me the soup. They use it with rice, banku. Na for ghana I taste groundnut soup.its nice when thick but can be tasteless when watery.
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 11, 2014
Dymondgurl:
Its very delicious. You should try it some time.
I was @ law school,the building was shabby though
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by blackstreak: 10:12pm On Dec 11, 2014
iykomo0:
WE DONT EAT SUCH TRASH HERE IN FRANCE

Shut up!!!!
You have never been to cotonou >:

Groundnut soup is the sh-t! So delish, peeps in edo north are used to it

2 Likes

Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by lordf: 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2014
My wife just finished dishing groundnut soup b4 dis post made FP
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by millionboi(m): 10:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
Vry sweet.....nd digest faster
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by motherlode: 10:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ezedon:
.that was when I was in Abaka..ki , I ate it a lot with donkey meat

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Heyliesha(m): 10:15pm On Dec 11, 2014
MumZ:
yes o, my hubby's best soup, just made it u2nite sef. its a very common soup where I hail 4rm, Edo north 2 b precise.
auchi,fugar or aghenebode?
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by seangy4konji: 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
what is ground nut soup
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Adinije(f): 10:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
Yea, I have. Its very delicious
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by MeGaStReEt: 10:18pm On Dec 11, 2014
My favorite soup. Anytime i visit home, my big sis prepare groundnut soup with fresh fish for me.

It's a popular soup in Ekpoma where i come from

Ummmmmm yummmy, #misshome
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by horlabiyi(m): 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2014
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!groundnut soup? I always taste it once or twice in a week. It's a very nice soup, good with either BANGU or DONGUNNU ghanaian foods tho.
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Krisddon: 10:20pm On Dec 11, 2014
Its very nice especially when eaten with pounded egg. smiley
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by UnimkeAk(m): 10:21pm On Dec 11, 2014
As a typical Obudu man, that's one of my favourite soup
My goons in sch used to abuse that soup, the same way my yoruba Cu's used 2 abuse stew

Use it to swallow eba, eat Rice, just name it grin
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by hensben(m): 10:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
CorperShop:
If I make groundnut soup for you, you won't want to taste any other soup again.. it takes some special culinary skills( of which I posses) to bring out that special taste that truly makes it groundnut soup grin grin
hmm! i would have want you to clear my curiosity by adding pic of groundnut soup u prepared to the above statement.
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Dymondgurl(f): 10:23pm On Dec 11, 2014
Kimmo:
I haaave! grin grin grin
My corper neighbor made it for me when I was serving. I really loved it. She's from Jos, and apparently it's a fairly common soup there. She taught me how to make it then, but I just couldn't find the groundnut paste in the market I checked in Lagos.
groundnut paste?just get fresh groundnuts that have been removed from their shells, then grind. Just like how you'll grind egusi. They are sold in cups. That's how you get dem in paste-like form

1 Like

Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Adiwana: 10:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
Nva heard of it but ave eaten stew made with raw groundnut oil(not 1 made in refinery where them go dey top am water..freshly xtracted groundnut oil).mehn it tastes so f**king good...first time i ate it,i ate up to 4plates of rice

1 Like

Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by dmcdad: 10:27pm On Dec 11, 2014
Very popular where I am from (Edo State). One of my favourite soups. My wife must learn how to cook am ooooooo. Else...
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by babaluckey: 10:28pm On Dec 11, 2014
Yomeeee....peanut soap is so delicious mostly with enough samon fish, i like to eat it with pounded yam (ola ola) and dilute it with red wine.
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Dymondgurl(f): 10:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
Unibenstudent:
I was @ law school,the building was shabby though
well what do you expect from the 1st law sch in the history of this country. Anyway, dey plan on relocating somewhere else coz the environment is no longer condusive for learning with the island hustle n bustle. How was your exam?
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Evasmillingguy(m): 10:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
Groundnut soup ke?.. Na wo oo

How is that one prepared?
How does it taste?
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
Dymondgurl:
well what do you expect from the 1st law sch in the history of this country. Anyway, dey plan on relocating somewhere else coz the environment is no longer condusive for learning with the island hustle n bustle. How was your exam?
it was brain tasking..but hopefully I pray am succesful..where were u that day?
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Ade5(m): 10:38pm On Dec 11, 2014
Groundnut soup with pounded yam! It was a long time ago but I still have memories...
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by belvaakala(f): 10:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
i prefer groundnut stew to the soup
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by franconian: 10:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
My Benin roommate made me to fall in love with this soup, he was my "bonky" in my first year. At first, the odor was pungent....the thing dey pursue me from room self. But not until the day I decided to have a feel of it....jeez, the tin sweet me nor be small.

If better cook make groundnut soup for you, u will never go back to egusi again!
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by emestephen595(m): 10:44pm On Dec 11, 2014
Yeah I have.
It is because I don't select food. I didn't enjoy it the first time though, now I do. I enjoy with fish than meat.
Better than cold slaw though. Yulk! Long throat led me to cold slaw in a once upon a time buffet
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by ALISMILE(m): 10:45pm On Dec 11, 2014
MumZ:
yes o, my hubby's best soup, just made it 2nite sef. its a very common soup where I hail 4rm, Edo north 2 b precise.
Abe?Afemai 4life!
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by elampiro(m): 10:49pm On Dec 11, 2014
One of our soups in Etsakor, Edo North. Very delicious. Best with bush meat.
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by UjSizzle(f): 10:50pm On Dec 11, 2014
NoraSpicy as we called her. Bayelsa born and the best darn chef I've ever met. Beautiful heart and a pot that never runs dry cheesy
She was so good that you could be asked to bring money for meat in the middle of the road, and you emptied your pocket in her waiting hands. Why? Because you were sure of getting a call to come eat whatever she'd cook, that's why.

Anyway, she cooked groundnut soup with eba one time. Invited every darn Corper within 30mile radius, and we all converged at her humble abode and ate to our heart's content. Glorious day smiley

Whoever said the way to a man's heart was via food actually lied. It's the way to everybody's heart.

No one ever forgets Nora kiss

***and I got the recipe cheesy
Re: Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup by Skipuru(m): 11:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
groundnut soup sweet die, me wey from igbo like am pass okro soup joh?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians / Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! / Where To Buy Choco Milo Cubes In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.