Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,349 members, 7,780,938 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:54 AM

Exporting From Nigeria - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Exporting From Nigeria (31716 Views)

You Can Earn A Living Exporting Bitter Kola To Europe And Asia / Exporting Charcoal / Looking To Export Palm Kernel Shells From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exporting From Nigeria by rasque(m): 2:48pm On Aug 11, 2006
Does anyone have any ideas on Exporting from Nigeria. I will like to have suggestions on possible areas or exportation from Nigeria and also what are the processes involved in exporting taking into consideration Government policies.
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by Gkiwi(m): 1:09am On Aug 16, 2006
suggest u attend any of the seminars hosted by the NIGERIAN EXPORT PROMOTION COUNCIL (NEPC) or visit their office @ 15 ladipo oluwole road, Apapa, Lagos.

U can also search google.

1 Like

Re: Exporting From Nigeria by sholatech(m): 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2006
What precisely do you export?

I presently export Precious Stones/Gemstones from Nigeria and have considerable experience and can advise you accordingly.

My initial comments are:

a. Find out what you want to export, are they allowed or on prohibition list?
b. If the goods are allowable, then you need to register a Limited Liability Company and then obtain an Export Certificate from Nigeria Export Promotion Comission(NEPC)
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by theforce(m): 3:12am On Aug 27, 2006
I am interested in this Export business. I believe that is the future of Nigeria, especially gemstones.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Exporting From Nigeria by naijacutee(f): 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2006
Just out of curiousity - What are you exporting? My guess would be that anything involved with natural resources (rubber, palmoil, farm produce etc) would make a big hit

Good luck brother
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by veloce(m): 11:52am On Aug 28, 2006
i sure want to export as well but i dont know where to start from. my interest is in snail and charcoal. does anyone have idea of the link pls
send it to tiamiyuk@yahoo.com
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by saintindia: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2006
I know Nigerians have capabilities to be successfully exports its products like Precious Stones, Chocolate, Gum Arabic, Teakwood. etc. We are from India and can import these items.

Further, is there anybody who want to set up a small Manufacturing/Assembly Unit for manufacture of HOME THEATRE SYSTEMS and SPEAKERS and UPS/Inverters. I am sure still NEPA has lot of problems in supplying sufficient Electricity Power to its people.
Thanks
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by doe: 2:44pm On Sep 03, 2006
saintindia:

I know Nigerians have capabilities to be successfully exports its products like Precious Stones, Chocolate, Gum Arabic, Teakwood. etc. We are from India and can import these items.

Further, is there anybody who want to set up a small Manufacturing/Assembly Unit for manufacture of HOME THEATRE SYSTEMS and SPEAKERS and UPS/Inverters. I am sure still NEPA has lot of problems in supplying sufficient Electricity Power to its people.
Thanks

Saintindia, Email me details at dannyosa1@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by jejeking: 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2006
I am a student  rounding my programme in biochemistry, please I see a future in exporting. I also  read of what the government is doing to makeexport easy in indi,  news paper on 31st of august, I wont mind if anyone will be of assistant.
About the manufacturing unit ,please I wont mind If you could give more clarification e-mail me at jobengrace@yahoo.com.
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by kennykay(m): 4:27pm On Sep 05, 2006
Check Nigerian Export Promotion Council(NEPC) website:
www.nepc.gov.ng
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by sonety2k(m): 7:34am On Sep 13, 2006
Thanks
[quote][/quote]

Kindly send me details of of the seeting up of Home Theatre Systems to my email address- sonety2k@yahoo.com
Regards
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by lukas: 4:22pm On Sep 15, 2006
Hey Ras,
am an exporter.first u need to register a company with the C.A.C then u can
go get ur export license frm tne Nigeria Export promotion council. with a torken
sum of 5,500naira 500 4 the form while 5000 4 the certificate
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by ufot(m): 12:27am On Sep 18, 2006
@lucas
what is C A C
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by SCAREDASSOG(f): 6:42am On Feb 18, 2007
Does anyone know where the Katangowa(Second hand clothes) comes from in bail or in containers,How to buy them.
Useful information will be appreciated
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by SCAREDASSOG(f): 6:53am On Feb 18, 2007
Abeg ma people i really serious oh, anyone(especially the ibo boys wey dey into OKRIKA) wey get useful information about how i fit buy containers of katangowa cloths (second hand clothes,where i fit buy am and all useful infomation abeg tell me,i want to start a boutique abroad and desperate to make money out of the resource i know is in matherland,
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by ntuedor(m): 3:13pm On Feb 20, 2007
@ Sholatech and all in the House.

I already have a co registered with CAC. I am interested in exporting Palm Oil and Honey as well as Cow hoofs.
Pls, I will also like anyone in the house to help furnish me with countries that readily require the importation of these products in large quantities.

Regards,

ntuedor
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by sholatech(m): 7:15pm On Feb 20, 2007
Honey is required by Many companies in Germany.
The challenge is in meeting their export conditions.
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by Seun(m): 1:39pm On Feb 21, 2007
What about exportation of processed goods rather than raw materials? Maybe art? Is there any room for that?
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by sholatech(m): 1:14pm On Feb 22, 2007
Seun:

I totally agree that we should focus more on imported finished goods as against Raw materials.

The challenge is access to funding of Appropriate Production Equipments and the skillset required for profitable operations. That is the edge Chinese SMEs have with full financial support from the Chinese Government.

But we will soon get there.The major non-oil export company in Nigeria processes tanned leather in Kano and rakes in Billions of Naira monthly from export to Spain and Italy. The initial business model was exporting raw hides. The paradigm shift has improved the company's bottomline considerably.

If all our entrepreneurs in telecoms, mining, IT and agriculture can decide to go the long way in exporting finished goods and services, our economy will achieve enormous growth especially in the Non-Oil sector.
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by Seun(m): 4:58pm On Feb 22, 2007
Supposing I want to export maybe movies. How will I start? Maybe a vissit to the Export Processing Commission?
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by 50kobo: 7:48pm On Feb 22, 2007
I second shola & seun. we should focus on exporting finished goods not raw materials!. Africa has been the stop shop for raw materials since the white man discovered our continent!

We need to stop importing and acting as mere cosumers and traders and start manufacturing products! I am interested in the textile industry- although I must say the chinese have taken over this arena. angry
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by Seun(m): 9:53pm On Feb 22, 2007
BTW: For the import-export business, our focus should be on what we can do that other countries can't do. For instance, we happen to have lots of idle youths with sharp minds. We also have oil and gas. And lots of pastors. wink

1 Like

Re: Exporting From Nigeria by denobleman(m): 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2007
Hi all,
I am interested in the export of agric products like:honey,palm oil,palm kernel,garri,bitter leaf,okro,vegetables,etc.Could someone come to my help with some useful hints
denobleman@yahoo.com
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by sholatech(m): 7:33pm On Feb 23, 2007
Seun:

Once you have a market for Nigerian Movies, just get an export license, entitles you to export anything from Nigeria, except for Crude Oil and petroleum products.
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by Anubis: 3:19am On Feb 26, 2007
am interested in exporting semi precious stones from nigeria as well. sholatechie i have sent you an email asking for your advice on where i can find any buyers in Europe. any insight you can give will be greatly appreciated
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by Seun(m): 9:31am On Feb 27, 2007
After getting the export license, what next? Will the government buy my goods and sell them abroad for me?
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by rookie(m): 7:59pm On Feb 27, 2007
What about exportation of processed goods rather than raw materials?  Maybe art?  Is there any room for that?

- Finished products will not only yield lots of revenue, but also povide more employment opportunities for Nigerians.

Supposing I want to export maybe movies.  How will I start?  Maybe a vissit to the Export Processing Commission?

- I just wanted to add 
I've met a good number of people from West Indies\ Islands in the US seeking Nigerian movies. I beleive the market for Nigerian movies abroad is growing; hopefully the quality of our home videos will do the same!
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by ntuedor(m): 2:00pm On Feb 28, 2007
@ Sholatech and all in the house,

Do you have an idea where NEPC is located in Port harcourt?

Regards,

ntuedor
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by dearstan(m): 8:18pm On Mar 01, 2007
Can anyone tell me how i can outsource importers from different countries because i have lots of agricultural products ready for exports. Especially importers of cassava?? Please contact me on
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by Gringodan(m): 11:16am On Mar 06, 2007
Hi all,am DANIEL by name,
I am interested in the export of agric products like:honey,palm oil,palm kernel,garri,bitter leaf,okro,vegetables,etc.Could someone come to my help with some useful hints?
I appreciate please help
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by Gringodan(m): 11:21am On Mar 06, 2007
Do any one in the house know were NEPC IS located IN EDO State
Re: Exporting From Nigeria by shicemi(m): 11:32am On Apr 24, 2007
WE HAVE SOURCE TO CHARCOAL IN NIGERIA , WE ARE ALSO PROCESSING OUR PAPERS FOR CHARCOAL EXPORT . SO YOU CAN DISSCUSS WITH US

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bulk Supply Of Chicken Egg At Affordable Rate (delivery Or Pickup) / NORTHERN FOODSTUFFS(AGRO produce) "cheapest rate ever" (MAUREENHD ENTERPRISES) / Distributors & Sales Agents Wanted In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.