Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence (38382 Views)

"new Plate Number And Drivers Lincense Unveiled"- But Too Costly / 2002 Infiniti G20, All Documentation, Like New, Wont Last. / Re:car Registration And Drivers' Licence Cost:help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 11:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
woodfrank:

inbox me your contact bro. I nid a new original driver's licence. 07035194576

My contact is 08029875090...
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by osasmedic(m): 12:26am On Jan 27, 2015
Goodmorning mr ibro. I want to start by thanking you for this thread. Please i meed ur assistance because i dnt hv any idea on most of these stuff.
I want to buy a registered car and i need ur help with information.
1.what documents shd i collect from d former owner?
2.what are d steps i shd take to register it in my name nd change oda stuffs dat i need to change?
3.what proof of ownership shd i expect?
4.any extra documentation i need frm him to enable me do d registration and odas?
Pls my old licence expired in 2013 nd i dint renew because dere was no need.anyways u can speed up d renewal for me?
Thanks. Awaiting ur kind response.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Ricmayak1: 3:25am On Jan 27, 2015
Thanks for your sacrifice.
My questions:
1. Is it legal for VIOs to flag down road users with nail?

2. Is it compulsory to have a highway code book in possession?

3. If it's compulsory to have a highway code, is a soft copy on phone acceptable? If not, why?

4. Is it Illegal to drive when temporary driver's license has expired but the permanent one is not ready? If someone is held by VIO/road safety Marshall, how best can one defend himself?

5. Please, enlighten about driver's badge. Is it compulsory to have one?

Best regards.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by osasmedic(m): 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2015
ibro2much:

Its worth it because all your personal details have been embedded with the number plate and the usual fee is N10,000 for the change of vehicle record at the licensing office of issuance and money for getting new documents for the new vehicle.
v/licence
roadworthiness
insurance

Tank yu mr ibro.pls can u giv an idea of d total amt for V/licence+road worthiness+insurance apart frm d 10k change of record at d licencing office?
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 3:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
osasmedic:
Goodmorning mr ibro. I want to start by thanking you for this thread. Please i meed ur assistance because i dnt hv any idea on most of these stuff.
I want to buy a registered car and i need ur help with information.
1.what documents shd i collect from d former owner?
2.what are d steps i shd take to register it in my name nd change oda stuffs dat i need to change?
3.what proof of ownership shd i expect?
4.any extra documentation i need frm him to enable me do d registration and odas?
Pls my old licence expired in 2013 nd i dint renew because dere was no need.anyways u can speed up d renewal for me?
Thanks. Awaiting ur kind response.

first, i will like to apologise for the late reply to your message.
1.you will need the photocopies of the previous documents for the vehicle,and the authourization letter for the change of ownership.
2.take it to the licensing office and it will be registered for you
3.you would be given a new proof of ownership when its registered in your name
4.refer to one(1)
my number is 08029875090 if you need your licence fast-tracked you can give me a call
hope this answers your questions
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 4:02pm On Feb 09, 2015
osasmedic:

Tank yu mr ibro.pls can u giv an idea of d total amt for V/licence+road worthiness+insurance apart frm d 10k change of record at d licencing office?

v/licence depend on the capacity of the vehicle and the amount is usually stated at the left-hand corner of the licence
roadworthiness is N2500 FOR SALOON CAR/JEEP
and insurance is N5000 for an original third party insurance
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2015
Ricmayak1:
Thanks for your sacrifice.
My questions:
1. Is it legal for VIOs to flag down road users with nail?

2. Is it compulsory to have a highway code book in possession?

3. If it's compulsory to have a highway code, is a soft copy on phone acceptable? If not, why?

4. Is it Illegal to drive when temporary driver's license has expired but the permanent one is not ready? If someone is held by VIO/road safety Marshall, how best can one defend himself?

5. Please, enlighten about driver's badge. Is it compulsory to have one?
Best regards.

1.its absolutely 'ILLEGAL' for VIOs to flag down vehicles with NAILS
infact the motto of VIO is 'enforcement without aggression'

2.having an highway code in your vehicle is not as important as knowing and understanding the content of the highway code,
so in my little knowledge and understanding its not compulsory but you must understand the highway code.

3.refer to three(3)

4.when your temporary drivers licence expires and the permanent is not ready you can easily take
the expired one to the licensing center for the extension of the date on it to a later date before the arrival of the permanent.
also VIOs are not empowered to impound drivers with the expired temporary licence,dont know of roadsafety *

5.drivers badge and conductors badge are incorporated into the hackney permit of commerial vehicles......

1 Like

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 1:01pm On Feb 15, 2015
SIMPLIFICATION OF THE STEPS TO TAKE IN GETTING DRIVERS LICENCE IN NIGERIA

FRESH APPLICANTS
for fresh applicants the government made it compulsory for applicant to pass through the driving school for the driving test before they are presented to the MVAA (motor vehicle administration agency) for applicants payment.

after the neccesary payments,the candidates are presented to the VIS (vehicle inspection services),commonly refferred to the VIO for
1. eye tests
2.written test
3.road sign test
4.driving test
if the candidate performs satisfactorily,then his form is signed and billed for capture onto the database with the FRSC(federal road safety corps),if unsatisfied with the applicant performance,he/she will be requested to come back for the exam/testing after a period of 7 days.

the FRSC handles the capturing (taking of biometrics and pictures of applicants)

WHY THE PROCESS
Just like every other government projects like the international passport, the involvement of the FRSC in drivers license was designed to make the license uniform all over the country by creating a database and templates for the drivers license...(ordinarily,the drivers license was formally issued by the state government agency called VIO).

WHATS OBTAINABLE
due to the problem of corruption bewildering the ountry as a whole,the whole process has been ridiculed,eg
1.driving test is rarely done @ any drivers license center
2.candidates not wanting to appear physically for the biodata,and instead prefers to bribe through the process
3.permanent driving license taking months or years to get.
4.unnecessary accumulation of backlog on the part of the capturing office
etc
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
Good day nairalanders,
questions as regards the renewal of documentations is allowed
such as
(1)vehicle registration
(2)vehicle documentation...private/commercial/articulated
(3)renewal of vehicle particulars
(4)state traffic laws
(5)procedure for renewal of drivers licence
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by nairacountry(m): 3:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
Oga Ibro, I just had my car (Tokuboh) papers renewed last month of March after registering d car for d 1st time in Nigeria in March 2014.
I realized that there is no proof of ownership among d papers given; vehicle lic.,insurance and road worthiness. Has there been an omission? Is it compulsory I hv it?
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
nairacountry:
Oga Ibro, I just had my car (Tokuboh) papers renewed last month of March after registering d car for d 1st time in Nigeria in March 2014.
I realized that there is no proof of ownership among d papers given; vehicle lic.,insurance and road worthiness. Has there been an omission? Is it compulsory I hv it?

proof of ownership is meant to be issued with your plate number from the onset. It is not renewable, so if your documents fails to come with it,then there might have been an omission.
you should report to whoever helped you in getting the numberplate because it is compulsory
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by dammiecool(m): 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
@ibro2much
How do I go about change of ownership? and the likely cost.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 4:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
dammiecool:
@ibro2much
How do I go about change of ownership? and the likely cost.

is your vehicle fitted with the old numberplates or the new numberplate?
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Chibzee2: 5:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
Mr vio, Pls could you write me through the process of renewing the papers of a car I just bought, it's papers expired since 1994 and I also wish to change the owners name to mine (change of ownership ). And possibly get a tinted permit.
I'll be happy if you could include the cost of whatever it is I need to do.
And probably the difference(cost and otherwise) between getting a new or an old plate number.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by dammiecool(m): 6:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
ibro2much:

is your vehicle fitted with the old numberplates or the new numberplate?

New plate number sir
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by legalwealth(m): 6:47pm On Apr 24, 2015
ibro2much:
Good day nairalanders,
I want to use this opportunity to contribute my quota to the people of nairaland by honestly answering any of their question in relation to...
(1)vehicle registration
(2)vehicle documentation...private/commercial/articulated
(3)renewal of vehicle particulars
(4)state traffic laws
(5)procedure for renewal of drivers licence
.....etc.

Great one!
I have the new version of drivers license I got in Osogbo (Osun State) in 2012.

It will expire by May and I want to renew it in Lagos because I'm in Lagos.
How do I go about that?
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by nairacountry(m): 10:22am On Apr 25, 2015
ibro2much:

proof of ownership is meant to be issued with your plate number from the onset. It is not renewable, so if your documents fails to come with it,then there might have been an omission.
you should report to whoever helped you in getting the numberplate because it is compulsory

Yea tanx. It came with d plate number & other docs during d 1st reg in 2014 wich now expire March 2015. Now I know I have to photocopy it & add to d renewed license,Insurance & road worthiness.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by jacobjamie(m): 7:30pm On Apr 25, 2015
PLSS SIR...CAN I DRIVE AND TRAVEL WITH A CAR WITHOUT A DRIVERS LICENSE BUT A PHOTOCOPY OF IT? MINE GOT MISPLACED, BUT I HAVE THE PHOTO-COPY AND STILL VALID TILL 2017
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 6:30am On Apr 26, 2015
jacobjamie:
PLSS SIR...CAN I DRIVE AND TRAVEL WITH A CAR WITHOUT A DRIVERS LICENSE BUT A PHOTOCOPY OF IT? MINE GOT MISPLACED, BUT I HAVE THE PHOTO-COPY AND STILL VALID TILL 2017

Yes, you can use it to travel anywhere,the photocopy is valid for driving.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 6:32am On Apr 26, 2015
nairacountry:

Yea tanx. It came with d plate number & other docs during d 1st reg in 2014 wich now expire March 2015. Now I know I have to photocopy it & add to d renewed license,Insurance & road worthiness.

You are welcome
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 6:36am On Apr 26, 2015
legalwealth:

Great one!
I have the new version of drivers license I got in Osogbo (Osun State) in 2012.

It will expire by May and I want to renew it in Lagos because I'm in Lagos.
How do I go about that?

Its easy,simply download a drivers licence renewal form from nigeriadriverslicence.org,fill the center you'll like to be captured online,make payment to the bank and take your form to the capturing center for endorsement and biometrics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 6:42am On Apr 26, 2015
dammiecool:

New plate number sir

You can only get a new registration number for a vehicle you bought used in nigeria with the new numberplate,the number has been attached to the owner such that anytime he sell off the vehicle,he must remove the numberplate.
so if you purchase such vehicle,you will take the photocopies of the document from the seller to the licensing office to get your own new numberplate.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 6:47am On Apr 26, 2015
Chibzee2:
Mr vio, Pls could you write me through the process of renewing the papers of a car I just bought, it's papers expired since 1994 and I also wish to change the owners name to mine (change of ownership ). And possibly get a tinted permit.
I'll be happy if you could include the cost of whatever it is I need to do.
And probably the difference(cost and otherwise) between getting a new or an old plate number.

let me start by asking you,is the numberplate on the vehicle same as the one we use now?cos of the year you said the paper expired
and on getting numberplate,you can only get the new numberplate now,cos the old one is no more issued out.
will be waiting for yor reply
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Chibzee2: 9:13am On Apr 26, 2015
ibro2much:

let me start by asking you,is the numberplate on the vehicle same as the one we use now?cos of the year you said the paper expired
and on getting numberplate,you can only get the new numberplate now,cos the old one is no more issued out.
will be waiting for yor reply
It's the old ordinary white and blue plate number.
so if I'm going to get the new one, how's it going to be done.
Just to give you an idea, the car is the old Volkswagen beetle
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by phranco(m): 10:06am On Apr 26, 2015
Pls sir what is the cost of 3rd party insurance for a petrol tanker truck. Thanks
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by legalwealth(m): 10:48am On Apr 26, 2015
ibro2much:

Its easy,simply download a drivers licence renewal form from nigeriadriverslicence.org,fill the center you'll like to be captured online,make payment to the bank and take your form to the capturing center for endorsement and biometrics

Thanks for this piece of information! !!
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by REDLEEPS: 11:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
Hello. There is a mistake in my name on the vehicle license. I want to know if it is correctable and how do i correct it.. My other documents like proof of ownership, driver's licence are all correct.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by blackfm: 10:16am On Apr 30, 2015
I'm seeing info different frm what I thought was applicabe here.
I got a registered car and someone in frsc office said he can do change of ownership for me at 7k.
I paid and he brought me d vehicle license, proof of ownership, insurance and road worthiness all in my name.this was in january.
About 2 weeks ago I was stopped by police, they ran my plates using an app(probably linked to autoreg) on deir fone and said the plates were fake(didnt spool any details). They did same thing for other cars in my presence and it spooled the car details and owner name so I know it wasn't a scam.
I was told to visit autoreg and have d plate validated.
NB: the plate is Abuja and I wasn't given CMR and Allocation by the previous owner.
My question is this:
1. Is the validation advised by d police guy actually possible
2. If 1 above is not, my guess is that probably means the car was never properly registered. In that case can I proceed to register it afresh as I was given d custom papers.
3. If the above is possible, which papers exactly will I need so I can be sure I actually have all the required custom papers
Thanks for d help
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by speach101: 7:13pm On May 07, 2015
Hello,

I'm about buying a registered car and just found out the car doesn't have custom duty papers though the car has been registered since a long time, the owner said he wasn't given custom papers when he got the car that the person that cleared the vehicle said he cleared a lot at once and no individual custom papers for each car.

My worry is that can I go about in this car without being troubled for the custom papers and is it possible for me to re-register the car, get my own plate number without the custom papers?

Thanks.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 2:01pm On May 26, 2015
REDLEEPS:
Hello. There is a mistake in my name on the vehicle license. I want to know if it is correctable and how do i correct it.. My other documents like proof of ownership, driver's licence are all correct.

Yes it is correctable, to correct it simply go to courtville(company in charge of vehicle licence),yaba, and lodge a complaint, you will be attended to there.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 2:03pm On May 26, 2015
speach101:
Hello,

I'm about buying a registered car and just found out the car doesn't have custom duty papers though the car has been registered since a long time, the owner said he wasn't given custom papers when he got the car that the person that cleared the vehicle said he cleared a lot at once and no individual custom papers for each car.

My worry is that can I go about in this car without being troubled for the custom papers and is it possible for me to re-register the car, get my own plate number without the custom papers?

Thanks.

Yes you can,
Since the vehicle is old u need not bother on custom papers
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 8:43pm On May 26, 2015
blackfm:
I'm seeing info different frm what I thought was applicabe here.
I got a registered car and someone in frsc office said he can do change of ownership for me at 7k.
I paid and he brought me d vehicle license, proof of ownership, insurance and road worthiness all in my name.this was in january.
About 2 weeks ago I was stopped by police, they ran my plates using an app(probably linked to autoreg) on deir fone and said the plates were fake(didnt spool any details). They did same thing for other cars in my presence and it spooled the car details and owner name so I know it wasn't a scam.
I was told to visit autoreg and have d plate validated.
NB: the plate is Abuja and I wasn't given CMR and Allocation by the previous owner.
My question is this:
1. Is the validation advised by d police guy actually possible
2. If 1 above is not, my guess is that probably means the car was never properly registered. In that case can I proceed to register it afresh as I was given d custom papers.
3. If the above is possible, which papers exactly will I need so I can be sure I actually have all the required custom papers
Thanks for d help

If your registration number and vehicle licence is abuja,it is possible it would not be found on autoreg(cos abuja is not on autoreg platform) but if the vehicle license has been renewed in lagos it must reflect on the autoreg database

Before talking about registration or reregistration pls kindly take the documentation to the nearest VIO office for advise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou / CUSTOM CLEARING AGENT / Planning To Buy A Car? Contact Us On +2347011116171 For Detailed VIN Reports!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.