Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence - Autos (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence (38381 Views)

"new Plate Number And Drivers Lincense Unveiled"- But Too Costly / 2002 Infiniti G20, All Documentation, Like New, Wont Last. / Re:car Registration And Drivers' Licence Cost:help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by akanniade10(m): 9:32pm On May 19, 2017
So how does VIO check for cars that are not road worthy since you guys have been banned from the road by his excellency!
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by CarReg(m): 3:59pm On Jun 30, 2017
CarReg - Vehicle Papers Renewal Made Easy
https://carreg.com.ng/ . We look forward to working for you…

CarReg is a registered e-commerce & logistic company with a secured Online 2 Offline (O2O) platform that helps in facilitating the renewal of your vehicle particulars and delivery.
We assist to do:
• Change of ownership
• New vehicle registration.
• Vehicle license renewal,
• 3rd party or comprehensive insurance
• Road worthiness renewal as well.

Patronizing a corporate organization for vehicle papers renewal guarantees original vehicle documentations.

Value Propositions:
Payment on delivery | Delivery within 6 hours | Door step delivery Nationwide

Access the various vehicle particulars on: https://carreg.com.ng/index.php?pg1-cid48_html or call us on 09090144706

Thanks

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 5:16pm On Jul 31, 2017
akanniade10:
So how does VIO check for cars that are not road worthy since you guys have been banned from the road by his excellency!

For every vehicle to be on the road,it must be certified roadworthy...and the agencies saddled with the responsibility of checking that vehicles on the roads are roadworthy are not limited to the VIO alone,they includes FRSC,POLICE and state traffic managers Lastma's etc

And come to think of it,his excellency wants improvement on the operations of VIO that is why the usage of modern technology in improving the duties/operations of VIO'S is paramount.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 4:40am On Aug 25, 2017
question: what happen to the old numberplate,if i buy an already registered car in Nigeria.

with the numberplate regime we have now in Nigeria,if you purchase a registered car with an old numberplate(three alphabet ending eg (AA 22 ABC),the seller gives you the documents of the said vehicle, as it must come with the vehicle and the agreement.
but with the new vehicle numbering introduced(three alphabet starting eg.( ABC 22 AA),the seller of the vehicle would have to remove the numberplate from the vehicle after selling it,because he owns it(numberplates are attached to owners now).he can only sell the vehicle not the numberplate.
you will have to re-register the vehicle so that it can be in your name.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 6:44am On Apr 03, 2018
This kind of news most often grace the Frontpage of our dailies and online news platform

https://www.nairaland.com/4430931/many-burnt-death-terrible-accident/1#66369997

And they are usually caused by drivers/motorists disobeying safe driving habits,with actions such as;

Overspending
Incessant late night travels
Use of intoxicants(weed,alomo,paraga)before/while driving
Stress caused by not resting enough before embarking on a journey
Depending on jazz (African magic),in preventing of accident
Inability of drivers to recognise basic road signs
The use of leaves instead of the C-CAUTION signs at the back of broken down vehicle.

Solution is if you notice the driver of the vehicle you are in is dozing off,smells of alcohol,unruly or drives dangerously,please and please go down from such vehicle to avoid story that touch.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by djgroove(m): 6:14am On May 02, 2018
I have been meeting people online, i have been doing transaction online but i met a man engineer Adedeji a vis official, this man really surprise me. he did my vehicle license for me without delay or hiding charge. keep it up bro u are a wonderful guy.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 8:42am On May 09, 2018
djgroove:
I have been meeting people online, i have been doing transaction online but i met a man engineer Adedeji a vis official, this man really surprise me. he did my vehicle license for me without delay or hiding charge. keep it up bro u are a wonderful guy.

Thanks sir @djgroove,
Appreciate your comment.
It's a pleasure to have won your admiration.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 8:12am On May 13, 2018
YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO SELL YOUR USED VEHICLE WITH THE NUMBERPLATE.

The numberplate on your vehicles are your personal properties such as your driver's license.they are attached to you,as such you are not to sell them with your vehicle.

What you are advised to do is to keep the numberplate and you can use it to register another vehicle of yours.

The process of using the previous numberplate for a recent vehicle is called EXISTING

this are the documents required for EXISTING

PROOF OF OWNERSHIP
CURRENT VEHICLE LICENCE
COPY OF YOUR IDENTITY e.g drivers licence,national identity card or international passport
2 PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPHS
CUSTOM PAPERS FOR THE NEW VEHICLE
ANDO DETAILS OF THE NEW VEHICLE e.g engine number,chassis number,make,type,colour e.t.c.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by sherif4owo(m): 8:43am On Jul 04, 2018
djgroove:

Please can get the contact of this man?
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 5:50am On Jul 11, 2018
sherif4owo:

Please can get the contact of this man?

contact me via 08029875090.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 7:21am On Aug 24, 2018
New procedure for obtaining road-worthiness certificate.

(1)Go to the nearest V.I.S office closer to you with the vehicle licence or the expired road-worthiness certificate.
(2)Pay the appropriate fee for the category of vehicle you want to obtain the road-worthiness certificate for .
(3)you will be given the road-worthiness certificate and a referral note to be presented when you take the vehicle for computerized inspection
(4)present vehicle for testing within the period of 30 days at any of the newly built Lagos Computerized Vehicle Inspection Center(LACVIS)
(5)you will be given a pass or fail certificate which will indicate the reason and indices for being categorized as passed or fail.

1 Like

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2018
the referral note is a compulsory part of the road-worthiness certificate,it is what you will present for the computerized testing.
the computerized testing tells you the condition of your vehicle and what needs to be changed or repaired to make your vehicle roadworthy.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Abdomox: 9:58am On Nov 12, 2018
Good day. Please how much does it cost to register Corolla 2006 (Tokunbo) now.

Thank you.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 7:18am On Nov 17, 2018
Abdomox:
Good day. Please how much does it cost to register Corolla 2006 (Tokunbo) now.

Thank you.

It will cost you forty-thousand naira to get the complete documents which include
Numberplate
Cmr
Allocation
Proof of ownership
Vehicle licence
Roadworthiness
Insurance
Pre-registration (autovin)

So sorry for the late reply

1 Like

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 11:00am On Nov 23, 2018
benefitzte:
Good day sir,

i have gone through the seven pages of this thread but couldn't see the page where this my question has been answered.

I sold my registered with engraved body to someone, when i later called him to bring my plates he told me since the car has been engraved he needs to keep the plates because if he gets new plates the number would be different from the ones engraved on the body of the car.

pls can you throw more light on this,
is he actually right by saying this? if no how can i get my plates from him?

Thank you.

You are not supposed to sell your car with your numberplate because it's attached to you and not the car;as such you can use the same numberplate for a newly acquired vehicle after selling your previous vehicle.

As for the person you sold your vehicle to,he is supposed to give you back your numberplate and apply for a change of ownership for the vehicle.

When the processed change of ownership is out,the details of the old registration is included in the allocation paper,Proof of ownership and even on the vehicle licence as such he has nothing to fear about the old number that is engraved on the vehicle.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2018
CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP/TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP

To change the ownership of a Nigerian used vehicle after it has been purchased,you will need to have the following paper from the previous owner of the vehicle.

1.)copy of the proof of ownership
2.)copy of the allocation paper
3.)copy of the current vehicle licence
4.)agreement receipt between buyer and seller
5.)your passport photograph
6.)one valid means of identification e.g international passport,drivers licence,voters card e.t.c.

Note.
current Numberplate are attached to the owner,unlike the previous numberplate which is attached to the vehicle,as such,if you do change of ownership,you will be given a new plate number that is attached to you.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Tsuccesssquare: 6:13am On Jan 10, 2019
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 12:46pm On Jan 10, 2019
Tsuccesssquare:
Good day Sir,

Kindly assist confirm the price for this, car was actually purchased from the bank.

To confirm price,I will need the registration number of vehicle to know if the vehicle licence is current or not.

You can whatsapp the vehicle licence to zero eight zero two nine eight seven five zero nine zero
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 8:00am On Jan 12, 2019
Documents that are required by commercial vehicle drivers

1. valid vehicle licence
2.valid hackney permit
3.valid road worthiness certificates
4.valid vehicle insurance
5.valid drivers licence
6.valid LASDRI card

in addition,we should endeavour to have a fire extinguisher,spare tyre,c-caution,wheel spanner etc. in our vehicle.
this makes our vehicle to be roadworthy.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 8:19am On Jan 16, 2019
Documents that are required for private vehicle owners
1.valid vehicle licence
2.valid roadworthiness certificate
3.valid insurance certificate
4.valid drivers licence

In addition, it is mandatory to have a fire extinguisher, Jack, wheel spanner,spare tyre and a triangular c-caution.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 8:44pm On Jan 16, 2019
Steps in Registration of a new vehicles

1.produce the customs paper used in clearing the vehicle
2.write out all this informations on a clean sheet of paper
i. NAME
ii.ADDRESS
iii.VEHICLE MAKE
iv.VEHICLE TYPE
v.ENGINE NUMBER
vi.CHASSIS NUMBER
vii.COLOR
viii.MOBILE NUMBER

Note: make sure the informations are filled out correctly without any mistakes whatsoever.
***chassis number are usually seventeen digits****

Take the vehicle and informations to the nearest licensing office or VIO office for autovin inspection.

Ask if the local government area shortcode of the numberplate you want is available (eg AAA,BDG,EPE,KJA,LSD,LND etc)

Pay the prescribed fee and get your desired numberplate registered with the details provided.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Abdomox: 11:18pm On Jan 16, 2019
How do you go about using your old number plate on a new car.

How much does this cost.

Thank you.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 11:55am On Jan 24, 2019
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Alexious(m): 12:05pm On Jan 24, 2019
Hi mr ibro, pls how much would it cost to get a new drivers license? And how long too? Am based in Abuja
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 12:15pm On Jan 24, 2019
Abdomox:
How do you go about using your old number plate on a new car.

How much does this cost.

Thank you.

Am sorry for the late reply ma
Using your old numberplate on a new vehicle is usually termed 'EXISTING'

It should cost around #34,000

1 Like

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 12:19pm On Jan 24, 2019
Alexious:
Hi mr ibro, pls how much would it cost to get a new drivers license? And how long too? Am based in Abuja

Sir,to get a new drivers licence you will need to get a certificate from an accredited driving school first(take 26 days for the certificate to be out),then you make the payment of #6350 to the bank for a 3 years validity licence.

You will need to check with the VIO office in abuja to know if there are any other fee.(testing fee).
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by legalwealth(m): 1:14am On Feb 12, 2019
ibro2much:

You are not supposed to sell your car with your numberplate because it's attached to you and not the car;as such you can use the same numberplate for a newly acquired vehicle after selling your previous vehicle.

As for the person you sold your vehicle to,he is supposed to give you back your numberplate and apply for a change of ownership for the vehicle.

When the processed change of ownership is out,the details of the old registration is included in the allocation paper,Proof of ownership and even on the vehicle licence as such he has nothing to fear about the old number that is engraved on the vehicle.

Thanks for this piece of information.

After how long will a Lagos plate number stop tracking https://nvis.frsc.gov.ng/NumberPlateVerification.aspx and
https://www.lsmvaapvs.org/search.php after its change of ownership has been said or reported processed? Cc: Cosplay, antagonist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Abdomox: 11:15am On Feb 12, 2019
ibro2much:

Am sorry for the late reply ma
Using your old numberplate on a new vehicle is usually termed 'EXISTING'

It should cost around #34,000

If I opt for EXISTING will I be given new number plate? The old one is rough and has faded.

Thanks.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by tabontabon: 10:16am On Feb 14, 2019
Please is a private pickup supposed to pay for the local government emblem levies and other taxes.

ibro2much:
Documents that are required for private vehicle owners
1.valid vehicle licence
2.valid roadworthiness certificate
3.valid insurance certificate
4.valid drivers licence

In addition, it is mandatory to have a fire extinguisher, Jack, wheel spanner,spare tyre and a triangular c-caution.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 9:09pm On Feb 14, 2019
Abdomox:

If I opt for EXISTING will I be given new number plate? The old one is rough and has faded.

Thanks.

you would not be given a new one,what you would do after the EXISTING is replacement of the numberplate.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 9:11pm On Feb 14, 2019
tabontabon:
Please is a private pickup supposed to pay for the local government emblem levies and other taxes.

on the issue of local government emblem,all private pickup must possess it
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 9:16pm On Feb 14, 2019
legalwealth:

Thanks for this piece of information.

After how long will a Lagos plate number stop tracking https://nvis.frsc.gov.ng/NumberPlateVerification.aspx and
https://www.lsmvaapvs.org/search.php after its change of ownership has been said or reported processed? Cc: Cosplay, antagonist

as soon as there is exchange of information from the two bodies( lagos state government and the FRSC),but in the absence of that,the information on the www.lsmvaapvs.org takes precedence because vehicular traffic/document matters is a state matter(residual law)and as such each state of the federation have their vehicle licence and certificate of roadworthiness

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou / CUSTOM CLEARING AGENT / Planning To Buy A Car? Contact Us On +2347011116171 For Detailed VIN Reports!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.