Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story - Literature (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story (197012 Views)

The University Village - A Story / 11 Common Terms That Used To Be 'bad Grammar' / "I Bad"-a Short Story By Louie3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by emekajerry: 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2016
chistar01:
@Bobbybube I was hoping no one would notice it. The pressure to end the story was getting too much as it was dividing my fan base so I had to rush the end a bit even though I initially planned on elaborating more on how deeply in love Maxwell and Funmi were in love but decided to just cut it short using just a few chapters to do that to the best of my ability. Anyway thanks for your input and I would try to make sure the edited book would surely hint more on their feelings for each other.

As for the critics, I'm not one to complain over criticism because ask for it always as it makes me better, however, I always remind myself its the internet and people with different opinions are all over here so I read all the criticisms and pick the constructive ones while I ignore the others. Granted, this piece took a long time to complete but the way some of you guys put it was quite offensive like I'm being paid here or I owe anyone here so thank you mzchistar for standing up for me once again. Nevertheless, do keep the criticisms coming but try to be constructive.

The secondary moral of this story is simple, no matter how we try, like really try, some stories don't just have a happy end, that's just life. I'll let you decide what the primary moral is.

My vote of thanks would come after chapter 40.
guy u did awesomely well I was blown away by ur masterpiece keep it up am one of ur biggest fan bro
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Sexina851(f): 8:22pm On Jun 03, 2016
fine story and a great finishing I must admit... and above all I love ur character u are not biased ,and not froward,not rude and always willing to learn I see u going places if u kip it dat way...Unlike some people..
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Dandeson1(m): 8:27pm On Jun 03, 2016
Sexina851:
...Unlike some people..
lolcheesygrin
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 04, 2016
Great story! A friend of a bagga is not a bagga.. Maxwell should have known when to back out.. cry cry
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by druxy(m): 12:52pm On Jun 04, 2016
and u thought chistar promised us update today
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 7:59am On Jun 05, 2016
druxy:
and u thought chistar promised us update today
Monday. sorry. My weekend is always crowded but I always forget it.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by druxy(m): 10:21am On Jun 05, 2016
chistar01:
Monday. sorry. My weekend is always crowded but I always forget it.
no yawa boss....
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by MzChistar(f): 3:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
I see you people have been very busy. Hello everyone grin
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by DeraLoveth(f): 3:27pm On Jun 05, 2016
MzChistar:
I see you people have been very busy. Hello everyone grin

busy ke.....if u drop update nw u go see say all of dem go appear
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Galacious1: 5:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
DeraLoveth:

busy ke.....if u drop update nw u go see say all of dem go appear
lol

@ MzChistar

Pls how can i get u to change ur moniker to MzGalacious?
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Jannie1999(f): 10:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
abeg chistar Mary Anne should end up like maxwell oo if not u go direct me to her house and i will know what to do
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Hundreddegrees(m): 10:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
That was very creative... Well done Chiztar!!!
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by druxy(m): 4:19pm On Jun 06, 2016
chai...this thread don suffer for chistar hand o...this place is now dry jhoor...*walks out*
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Smooth278(m): 1:51am On Jun 07, 2016
Nice story... Keep it up bro
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2016
EPILOGUE

HENRY

Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.
- Anonymous

A lot was going on in my mind as I sat at the back roll of the waiting hall of[i] Agofure Inter-state Bus Park[/i] located at Mile 2, Lagos. I was waiting for my bus number to be announced.

Not many people can make this claim but I had looked death in the eye balls and survived. Just in case you don’t know how frats work, let me enlighten you a bit. Firstly you need to understand that there are hundreds of frats in Nigeria and every one of them are either allies or rivals to each other. Amongst all the rivalries, one of the worst and most fatal is that of The Supreme Vikings Confraternity (SVC) and The Buccaneers Association of Nigeria (BAN).

The littlest of things such as maybe wearing a red and black coloured wrist band can make a Bucketman go after an unsuspecting individual who may had ignorantly worn it, why? Because the colours Red and Black are associated with us Norsemen. We don’t like ourselves for any reason and the rivalry can be traced back to our origin where we, the SVC, broke out from the BAN due to issues I will rather not publicly state because of our secrecy oath.

Ebuka happened to be the Grand eye, the National Head of BAN and I was the National K2 of SVC, only one man stands above me in the entire country. So that should explain my shock when I saw Ebuka walk into Amaka room.

This little case where I still stand by my conviction that Agbaya deserved to die had now brought ever ruthless Ebuka and his boys to my door steps and it was evident that I was good as dead if I waited for a minute so I had to take off. Sadly my friend and brother, Maxwell, was left behind and killed because he was a friend of a Norseman. The friend of a Norseman is not a Norseman.

“Announcement! Please check your ticket, if you have an A Bus to Port Harcourt kindly move to the back of the park, your bus is ready for boarding,” I suddenly heard a voice announce from the speakers, snapping me back to reality.

I looked at my ticket and saw B-09 written on it, so I relaxed as that was clearly not my ride. In light of everything that had happened, I woken up the next morning and decided to travel to Port Harcourt to lay low and wait to see what would be the outcome of the case while I plotted my next line of actions. Coincidentally, the Alpha Marine Deck of The SVC lies at the University of Port Harcourt where the frat was established so it was basically home coming for me.

I brought out my phone and made a phone call to someone who I believed an owed an apology.

“Hello Funmi,” I had said as she picked up the call.

“Why are you calling me?” she fired.

“I know no amount of apology can change all that has happened but I want to assure you that his death won’t go unpunished,” I said.

She was quiet for a few seconds and then said rather calmly, “Please Henry, I would appreciate if you just leave me alone and never call me.

With that, the line went dead.

I stared at my phone screen and wanted to call her back but decided to respect her wish, so I made a phone call to someone else.

“Henry?” Amaka asked in shock as she picked the call.

“Yes, it’s me,” I reply calmly.

“Henry where are you? Everybody is looking for you, the police, student, everybody!”

“I am somewhere safe. Amaka I owe you an apology for how things turned out,” I said calmly. I figured that I owed her that much because if I had been available to calmed her down when she panicked, then maybe she would not have had any reason to confide in that bitch, Mary-Anne.
“It’s okay, I was the one that forced the issue into your hands,” she said.

“Where is Mary-Anne?” I asked.

“I’m not sure but I believe she’s under protective custody,” Amaka replied.

I sighed, protective custody in Nigeria is surprisingly more efficient than you imagine.

“Okay, I’ll be totally of the grid for a while but don’t worry, I’ll find a way to keep in touch,” I promised knowing I needed her to be where she was as she would be one of my ears on campus.

“Alright,” she said and there was a long pause before she added, “you know Maxwell is…?” She wanted to ask but could not bring herself to say the word ‘dead’.

“I know,” I quickly said to save her the burden of accepting the fact. “I hope you are not blaming yourself for his death because it’s definitely not your fault,” I consoled.

“I know, but it would give me great comfort to know that the people responsible go unpunished,” she said, I could literally feel the coldness of her words.

“I know,” I said and hung up.

“Announcement! Please check your ticket, if you have an B Bus to Port Harcourt kindly move to the back of the park, your bus is ready for boarding,” I heard the announcer say again and this time I knew that was my bus so I stood up and threw my back over my shoulder and headed for the back of the park as instructed.

It took about twenty minutes for the bus to full but once it did, it zoomed off with me sitting at the extreme back seat, staring at the sun as it rose through the window.

The pain I feel every time in my heart when thoughts of Maxwell cross my mind is better left experienced than described but I swear on my mother’s grave that someone would pay for his death, because forgiveness is a sin.

FUNMI

Love is a very complicated and confusing concept. Even the people with the hardest of hearts have at one point in their lives given love a chance to grow but at the end love always disappoints us all.

I never thought I would fall for any guy, let alone for the exact kind of guy I always preach against to my unsuspecting ignorant female friends. But when love eventually paid me a visit, it crept in like a thief in the night and was embodied in Maxwell.

I had liked the guy from the first day I set my eyes on him. His curly hair and great physique were outstanding features but his swagger and confidence when he approached me that first day where he offered to help carry my box was what got my interest. Not once had a guy ever tried to talk to me when my dad was around and I frankly did not know what scared off the guys, but Maxwell clearly did not care about that.

I did not plan to fall in love that day but from that day on, a portion of my heart went to him and the portion kept on growing as we went through a few beautiful and ugly moments together.

His death felt like someone had placed my heart on a railway and allowed a train run over it. I felt so much pain that I thought about suicide several times but Ayo, who I knew would not allow that always had her eyes on me as she whispers words of comfort into my ears every night as I laid on my bed with a drip plugged into my blood stream.

I refused to eat for days so my dad had called our family doctor who advised I was given food supplements and thus the idea of the drip.

I cannot accurately describe all I went through but after about a month, I recovered fully after a made two resolutions in my mind.

One, love was for the weak and secondly, only the good die young.

********************************************************************************

PS: And it's a wrap! I thank everyone who has been on this thread, read the story and dropped their thoughts. I write for you guys because whats the point of writing if no one reads? so I acknowledge and appreciate your support.

While I work on my next 'big' story, I plan on running several short stories on twitter as the poll I ran some days back came back with a positive result so keep your fingers crossed for that. Details would be announced on my blog and maybe here.

The book, Why I Want To Be Bad would also be properly edited and modified a bit every here and then for publishing on several online stores for just chicken change so look out for that.

All in all, it's been a long and pleasant ride, so thank you.

*takes a bow* wink

PEACe

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by bishopkay: 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2016
This was good...The end though real touching

Reminds me of 'the devil that loved me' a book i read also on this forum.

Chistar01 thanks man and U R GOOD!!

wish there could be a part two but person n go kom know when that one go take finish grin gringringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Hundreddegrees(m): 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
God bless you bro...You too much cry
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by write2obi(m): 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2016
Op you are good, I totally enjoyed your story, keep it up.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Joskiro50: 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
Bro God bless you real good.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by pleased(m): 10:28pm On Jun 07, 2016
Nice story, May God continue to increase your knowledge and understanding, Lovely story, keep it up, one day, one day u shall get to the TOP.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by ROYH(m): 10:37pm On Jun 07, 2016
Being A Ghost Reader As The Super Tori Started And Believe Me, You Did A Nice Job Chistar01 , Now I Got The Hint On The Topic.....Buh Wait O, So Naija Peeps Too They Read grin
@Mzchistar , Me Love You Back Up Jawe, Just That Maxwell Be D One To Pay D Price 4 Henry Work Since He Know D Right Thing To Do After He Found Out About Henry Deepest Character, Yet He Covered It Up And Thats D Price He Paid...
No Be Lie, Dix Ogbonge Tori Get Mixed Feelings Inside Like Love, Hatred, Happy, Sad, Revenge, Sex, Etc, U Be Master Sire Chistar
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by paschal47(m): 6:38am On Jun 08, 2016
i followed this thread from the very first beginning, if i don't comment it won't be fair. chistar you are really gifted i like your construction it's really nice. God bless you and keep it up.
# PEACe
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Fidelismaria: 10:25am On Jun 08, 2016
Cool story Hope dere will b a part two But chistar u dint tell us what apened to henry nd his gf relationship His he just goin to abandon her
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by firmytobad(m): 10:55am On Jun 08, 2016
smileyDidn't start the story until I saw it on front page some weeks ago.... The title got me captivated and decided to follow the thread. Haven't regretted it for a moment. From your brilliant choice of vocabulary, to the suspense filled chapters. @Christar01.... You rock, I swear. I'll be looking forward to your next 'big' story like you said. Peace.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Babham(m): 12:42pm On Jun 08, 2016
waoh...cant belifit....started reading dis story wen i i was in ss2....****$#
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by nkemChetam: 2:36pm On Jun 08, 2016
Wow...
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by boladex1: 4:58pm On Jun 08, 2016
weldone @ chistar01 for a job weldone and a story well written.

i really enjoyed the story but i thaught its funmi that wants to be Bad.

all in all the story was one of the best story here.
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by segsbenks(m): 6:29pm On Jun 08, 2016
embarassed Tragedic it resembles, hmmn, dnt realy lik d way things fall apart, anyways bros, kudos to you, u av rode us well so far, and to dis destination u av brought us. Thanks for ur time nt minding sum bad mouthed persons here, i promise to be ur fan and to keep in touch to every of ur work. Good one bro!
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 09, 2016
NYC work sir chistar....I envy your creativity
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by popeshemoo(m): 11:36am On Jun 09, 2016
woaooow!!! it took a while to complete but it was definately worth the wait..frankly, ive not read anything this good since stefikal, d9ty7, nitefury and frank3.17
reading through this piece, i realised that i want to be bad to..be confident like maxwell, authoritative like henry, open like ayo, smart like tonia ,promisquous like amaka and evil like maryanne...
it is a real eye opener and all the "cultist" terms are in the right places..you crossed you i's and dotted your tee's. GOOD JOB!
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by iamprotocol(m): 9:24pm On Jun 09, 2016
@ chister01 i realy comend you for your hard work. you have realy tried, though it had some editing error bt its ignorable but if you are publishing try to read carefully. meanwhile there is this very interesting story on your blog "single lady" that has been abandoned for some time now please could you please try your best to help complete the story.
BIG UPS BRO YOU NAILD IT wink
Re: Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story by chistar01(m): 1:50pm On Jun 10, 2016
ANNOUNCEMENT

WHY I WANT TO BE BAD (THE NOVEL) IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ON OKADABOOKS FOR BUTTER MINT PRICE (SINCE CHICKEN IS NOW EXPENSIVE grin).

JUST CLICK ON THIS LINK >> http://okadabooks.com/book/about/why_i_want_to_be_bad_the_complete_novel__adult_only_18/11417 TO BUY.

KINDLY SUPPORT MY MINISTRY.

I SEE Y'ALL WONDERFUL COMMENTS AND I'M REALLY FLATTERED. MAYBE THIS STORY MIGHT JUST HAVE A PART 2... JUST MAYBE....

PEACeI

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply)

The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! / Accidental Victim / Oga Landlord 21+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.