Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,883 members, 7,798,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? (2106 Views)

Two Brothers Batter Church Ushers Over Indecent Dressing / Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by Image123(m): 1:48am On Dec 05, 2008
I observed that people who are more religious tend to dress to cover themselves well than others.i'm refering to religious christians,muslims,buddhists etc.I'm a christian and I have my convictions on dressing but when I look in the world that I live, I want to ask,is there still anything like indecent dressing to people or it doesn't matter if we walk the streets almost naked or crazy?
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by gentleemmy(m): 8:44am On Dec 05, 2008
Of course there are decent and indecent dress patterns. It is unfortunate that the indecent dress patterns are now commonly used and people now almost consider them accepted, that's the problem.
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by Ify3: 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2008
My dear, there are decent and indecent dressings. Most of our churches condemns it totally while some accepts it. Some condemns it inside the church but allows it outside the church. Which one are we?

Hear this! At Benin City Ring Road, near to where the Ibo boys sell things, a beautiful young lady was walking down the road on a mini skirt and a tiny sleeveless blouse with show-belle, and there was this mad man that was coming opposite her. When they approached each other, the mad man grabbed her and started kissing her. The traders around were only cheering them. It was the intervention of an aged man passing-by that saved the situation, if not the mad man would have pierced her (have sex with her).

This mad man had already walked pass other beautiful ladies well dressed without thinking of any rubbish/evil in mind. There are other stories like this involving rape and bus conductors raining insult / abuse to the indecent dressed. Some even go as far as touching the exposed navel, breast, buttock and laps.

Note: Satan will never rest!! How can we do to salvage this situation.
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2008
I de come with my response to this thread.

In the mean time, my answer is no. There is no such thing as indecent dressing.

Reason: BRB.
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by tpia: 5:24pm On Dec 05, 2008
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by JJYOU: 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2008
I-fy:

My dear, there are decent and indecent dressings. Most of our churches condemns it totally while some accepts it. Some condemns it inside the church but allows it outside the church. Which one are we?

Hear this! At Benin City Ring Road, near to where the Ibo boys sell things, a beautiful young lady was walking down the road on a mini skirt and a tiny sleeveless blouse with show-belle, and there was this mad man that was coming opposite her. When they approached each other, the mad man grabbed her and started kissing her. The traders around were only cheering them. It was the intervention of an aged man passing-by that saved the situation, if not the mad man would have pierced her (have sex with her).

This mad man had already walked pass other beautiful ladies well dressed without thinking of any rubbish/evil in mind. There are other stories like this involving rape and bus conductors raining insult / abuse to the indecent dressed. Some even go as far as touching the exposed navel, breast, buttock and laps.

sad
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by Image123(m): 7:00pm On Dec 05, 2008
@all
Do you know that there are people who would not class what the girl in Benin wore as indecent dressing? It didn't use to be like that 15years ago at least in nigeria where I reside. What happened?
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by ow11(m): 7:32pm On Dec 05, 2008
Yes there is. The problem is where do you draw the line?

Muslims have done theirs oya christians write a list of what you would consider as indecent dressing? You should be careful not to cross the boundaries of culture. The popular 'show belle' tops are frowned upon in Nigeria but are the norm in India so It is easy to draw up a list based on your own cultural bias but that doesn't make it right.

That story, I have my reservations.
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by tpia: 8:45pm On Dec 05, 2008
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by bawomolo(m): 8:47pm On Dec 05, 2008
I-fy:

This mad man had already walked pass other beautiful ladies well dressed without thinking of any rubbish/evil in mind. There are other stories like this involvin
g rape and bus conductors raining insult / abuse to the indecent dressed. Some even go as far as touching the exposed navel, breast, buttock and laps.

the losers traders watch all this happen? wow

I think indecent dressing would be anything that reveals the breasts and cleavage, too tight skirts or shorts, miniskirts, blouses with open backs, etc etc.

so how do u determine a skirt/short is too tight.
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by tpia: 9:22pm On Dec 05, 2008
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:48pm On Dec 06, 2008
If you were born in the 60's, then yes there is such a thing as indecent dressing.

If you belong to the Jet age, then No there isnt.

Except the person is walking around in the mall/street with her birthday suit on.
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by tpia: 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2008
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by MaiSuya(m): 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2008
what we have now is not indecent dressing but obscene dressing. And yes, it almost exclusively a female affair.
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by tpia: 9:38pm On Dec 06, 2008
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by MaiSuya(m): 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2008
tpia:

I don't know about you, but[b] I [/b] don't consider underwear on display hanging out of someone's butt, decent dressing. And yes, this particular one is a male thing.

Fine. But when compared with a female who has her panties showing from her behind, the male will almost be considered decent. The male is not harassing anyone by his dressing; the same however cannot be said for the female.
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by Image123(m): 12:05am On Dec 08, 2008
A grown up lady wears a tight fitted blouse on which the words 'squeeze me' are boldly written.Is that a decent dress?
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by tpia: 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2008
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by OBVIOUS(m): 5:54pm On Dec 08, 2008
There is such a thing as decent and indecent dressing. My problem with the notion of indecent dressing lies in the fact that its normally women that are harrassed and questioned regarding what they choose to wear and I don't think thats right or fair.

There are some men that dress indecently as well (e.g. men who don't or "forget" to zip up thier trousers or men who wear trousers soo tight that you see thier "tom tom" bulging out to the extent that you can tell the size of thier "tom-tom" or those who don't wear underwear beneath thier shortnicker, Now thats indecent.

The notion or critique of indecent dressing should not only be restricted or limited to women.
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by Image123(m): 11:05pm On Dec 08, 2008
@OBVIOUS
Indecent dressing obviously hasn't being limited to the female gender only.have you seen tpia and Mai suya's posts.But the fact needs to be stated that indecent dressing is more prevalent with the female.
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by gentleemmy(m): 1:11pm On Dec 10, 2008
ow11:

Yes there is. The problem is where do you draw the line?

Muslims have done theirs oya Christians write a list of what you would consider as indecent dressing? You should be careful not to cross the boundaries of culture. The popular 'show belle' tops are frowned upon in Nigeria but are the norm in India so It is easy to draw up a list based on your own cultural bias but that doesn't make it right.

That story, I have my reservations.

My classification of dresses as indecent is this:
-Dresses that reveals sensitive part of the body (chest/busts or the butts)
-Dresses that are too tight, such as will reveal the contours, heights or depths of the body (male/female)
-Dresses with sexual inscriptions whether in front or back (sex is sweet; hold me tight; sexy; to mention a few)
-The list continues
Re: Is There Still Anything Called Indecent Dressing? by HolyMikel(m): 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2008
indecency is relative

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Facts Emerge On ‘redeemed Jet’ / Is Christian Tithing A Salvational Issue? / Did Jesus Christ Survive The Crucifixion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.