Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? (2348 Views)

Please Help A Friend,she's Dying!!! / Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! / How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by neversaynever(m): 5:59am On Dec 12, 2014
I've been trying to figure it out cos to me, there's never a modest way of saying it. Maybe I'm wrong. Any help Nairalanders?
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by IKJ66(m): 6:06am On Dec 12, 2014
Buy him pefume !!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by neversaynever(m): 6:17am On Dec 12, 2014
IKJ66:
Buy him pefume !!!!

It's a "she" actually but I don't think it'll fly. Will I keep buying perfume whenever I perceive it?
Thanks though
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by Inkredible(m): 6:18am On Dec 12, 2014
Tell am na. Which one had for that one again?
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by amichaelz101(m): 6:18am On Dec 12, 2014
Pef
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by leonard509(m): 6:19am On Dec 12, 2014
Jic
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by IKJ66(m): 6:20am On Dec 12, 2014
neversaynever:

It's a "she" actually but I don't think it'll fly. Will I keep buying perfume whenever I perceive it?
Thanks though
if u love her tell her buh if there is nothing intimate gbagbe bo se sele.......free her !!!
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by Richiy(f): 6:21am On Dec 12, 2014
Depending on how close you are to the girl. If you are really close, then its your responsibility to tell her else some others will tell her and it will hurt more.

But if you are not really close, leave the matter, it is really sensitive.
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by braine(m): 6:22am On Dec 12, 2014
Ask her what deodourant she uses, she would prolly say she doesn't use any, then recommend one. If she doesn't buy it, continue to ask; she'll understand.
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by neversaynever(m): 6:27am On Dec 12, 2014
Inkredible:
Tell am na. Which one had for that one again?

Haba bros. E go hard na. Na good friend. You no go vex if person tell you that kind thing?
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by neversaynever(m): 6:29am On Dec 12, 2014
Richiy:
Depending on how close you are to the girl. If you are really close, then its your responsibility to tell her else some others will tell her and it will hurt more.

But if you are not really close, leave the matter, it is really sensitive.

We're really close but I'm scared she'll take it the wrong way
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by neversaynever(m): 6:33am On Dec 12, 2014
braine:
Ask her what deodourant she uses, she would prolly say she doesn't use any, then recommend one. If she doesn't buy it, continue to ask; she'll understand.

Will deodorants really do it? The stench is getting very disturbing as I just find an excuse to leave her side whenever we're together
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by neversaynever(m): 6:36am On Dec 12, 2014
IKJ66:
if u love her tell her buh if there is nothing intimate gbagbe bo se sele.......free her !!!

Hmmmn. I'm lost for the exact words
"You stink" or "You have a body odour" is not a good line oh

Na very good friend oh
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by Inkredible(m): 6:38am On Dec 12, 2014
neversaynever:

Haba bros. E go hard na. Na good friend. You no go vex if person tell you that kind thing?
Vex ke? No.... Na that kin pesin I dey call paddy mi.... Yarn me wen I no correct, I go DUP u reps die. I no like friends wey dey pretend
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by IKJ66(m): 6:40am On Dec 12, 2014
neversaynever:

Hmmmn. I'm lost for the exact words
"You stink" or "You have a body odour" is not a good line oh

Na very good friend oh
..............if her name is gloria,,,,,,u start this way; you ;gloria I think you should be bathing twice a day...gloria: why ........you; coz u have this bad odour when u sweat....gloria;really.....you : yep
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by braine(m): 6:45am On Dec 12, 2014
neversaynever:

Will deodorants really do it? The stench is getting very disturbing as I just find an excuse to leave her side whenever we're together

The use of deo is the basic step in getting rid of the stench. Recommend a very strong masculine body spray such as the Sure spray, it would work. Help her condition, coz if you don't, its most likely nobody will. cheesy
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by neversaynever(m): 6:46am On Dec 12, 2014
IKJ66:
..............if her name is gloria,,,,,,u start this way; you ;gloria I think you should be bathing twice a day...gloria: why ........you; coz u have this bad odour when u sweat....gloria;really.....you : yep

Ah shocked bros you wicked oh. How can one say such to a good friend ? It's easier said than done
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by Enegod(m): 6:46am On Dec 12, 2014
If you are not brave enough to tell her
straight out then go buy a peg to clip on
your nose undecided
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 12, 2014
Op, it wont't sound well no matter how you say it...... The deodorant trick is your best bet. Just tell her 'i think you should use a deodorant " and be serious about it.
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by neversaynever(m): 6:49am On Dec 12, 2014
Inkredible:

Vex ke? No.... Na that kin pesin I dey call paddy mi.... Yarn me wen I no correct, I go DUP u reps die. I no like friends wey dey pretend

This one na girl, and you know say girls dey always dey sensitive pass guys. She go vex if I talk am straight like that, e sure me. And na to help I just dey
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by IKJ66(m): 6:50am On Dec 12, 2014
neversaynever:

Ah shocked bros you wicked oh. How can one say such to a good friend ? It's easier said than done
friends are meant to tell themselves the truth
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by neversaynever(m): 6:51am On Dec 12, 2014
braine:

The use of deo is the basic step in getting rid of the stench. Recommend a very strong masculine body spray such as the Sure spray, it would work. Help her condition, coz if you don't, its most likely nobody will. cheesy

Hmmmn. It's hard though. Easier said…
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by neversaynever(m): 6:53am On Dec 12, 2014
IKJ66:
friends are meant to tell themselves the truth

I know but truth can be bitter and subjective
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by neversaynever(m): 6:55am On Dec 12, 2014
dicefrost:
Op, it wont't sound well no matter how you say it...... The deodorant trick is your best bet. Just tell her 'i think you should use a deodorant " and be serious about it.

That's what I'm scared of …the way it'll sound
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by IKJ66(m): 6:55am On Dec 12, 2014
neversaynever:

I know but truth can be bitter and subjective
he got no choice
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by braine(m): 6:56am On Dec 12, 2014
neversaynever:

Hmmmn. It's hard though. Easier said…

Its easier done. It works for me especially when the babe is close. Altho most times I just totally ignore/send-away smelly random/stray girls I meet for you-know-what..
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by kemiola89(f): 7:51am On Dec 12, 2014
Really? and you call her your friend?? seriously, what are friends for?

OK, there's another way you could possibly tell her without hurting her feelings. Send her a note, you'd need to change your handwriting or get someone to write it for you so that she doesn't know it is coming from you.
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by neversaynever(m): 8:10am On Dec 12, 2014
kemiola89:
Really? and you call her your friend?? seriously, what are friends for?

OK, there's another way you could possibly tell her without hurting her feelings. Send her a note, you'd need to change your handwriting or get someone to write it for you so that she doesn't know it is coming from you.

Don't you think that's cowardice?

Really, looking your friend in the eye and telling her she stinks is a bad bad thing (well for me sha)
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by neversaynever(m): 8:13am On Dec 12, 2014
braine:

Its easier done. It works for me especially when the babe is close. Altho most times I just totally ignore/send-away smelly random/stray girls I meet for you-know-what..

Lol

For real now, what will your exact words to tell her be if you were in my shoes?
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by neversaynever(m): 8:17am On Dec 12, 2014
So you guys are really not finding anything wrong in saying it square in the face ? Hmmmn strange. Well I can go for the perfume solution though but saying it to her face? It's gonna be hard
Re: How Do You Tell A Friend She Has Body Odour Without Her Taking Offense? by kemiola89(f): 9:27am On Dec 12, 2014
neversaynever:

Don't you think that's cowardice?

Really, looking your friend in the eye and telling her she stinks is a bad bad thing (well for me sha)
Then damn the consequences and tell her to her face if you think sending anonymous message to her is an act of cowardice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Top Exercises To Increase Your Height / Ants On Underwear / Is Chicken Pox Vaccine Among The Routine Vaccination For Young kids In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.