Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander (26714 Views)

Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! / Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala / Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by kowema(f): 7:56am On Dec 12, 2014
Ingredients:
Waterleave (Spinach)
Pumpkin (Ugwu)
Yellow scent pepper
Regular red pepper
Crayfish
Snail(optional)
Kpomo
Onion
Periwinkle(optional)
Stock fish n Dried fish
Palm oil
Seasoning
Salt
Goat meat
Points to Note;
Make sure your water leave is slightly more than the pumpkin cus the water leave will help to step down d coarseness of the ugwu( like 150 naira waterleave to 200 Naira ugwu)

Also, Water leave is very slimy so what I do is I steam for like 5 mins till it looses its water, u will see the water seperated from the leave, at this point u can sieve it out or let it dry up..some people prefer to wash but this method is easier n faster....

You will need enof oil , like one 35 cl coke bottle for 200 naira pumpkin

When steaming your meat, do not use water, let the meat loose its water first den u add very little over n over as it dries up Cus the soup doesn't like excess water and u wouldn't wanna loose ur stock to excess water....Pls also mind the seasoning especially salt Cus it can mess the soup up if excess in the meat.

Preparations proper...
Steam ur meat with ur desired seasoning,salt n some red pepper add the stock fish, dry fish, kpomo, snail when meat is cooked and bring down after like
4 mins

Put a dry pot on fire , heat a little and pour ur oil....
Add ur onion, grinded yellow scent pepper, red pepper and then water leave n allow to heat a little.
Add ur Meat stock and every other thing except the meat to avoid traffic

Allow to boil then add ur crayfish n periwinkle........Taste for salt and seasoning so u know the quantity to add........let it boil a lil then add the ugwu n cover for a while dont stir just dip the spoon periodically in the middle to avoid burning.......bring dwn after like 10 mins n its ready...serve with swallow of ur choice but fufu na the koko.....Haaaaa...Virtue just left me

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Mescopaul(m): 7:59am On Dec 12, 2014
"Edikaikong"
na name be this?
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 12, 2014
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 12, 2014
chopable wink angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by kowema(f): 8:06am On Dec 12, 2014
More pics

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by kowema(f): 8:14am On Dec 12, 2014
More pics...BTW, Nairaland is for general learning... No be only politics we go dey yarn here abeg

18 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by braine(m): 8:34am On Dec 12, 2014
Yummy!!! I'm soo bookmarking this thread

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by kowema(f): 8:39am On Dec 12, 2014
braine:
Yummy!!! I'm soo bookmarking this thread

grin. ....Mods Front page this tin so people can see n make it for their weekend and even christmas grin

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 12, 2014
kowema:
Ingredients:
Waterleave (Spinach)
Pumpkin (Ugwu)
Yellow scent pepper
Regular red pepper
Crayfish
Snail(optional)
Kpomo
Onion
Periwinkle(optional)
Stock fish n Dried fish
Palm oil
Seasoning
Salt
Goat meat
Points to Note;
Make sure your water leave is slightly more than the pumpkin cus the water leave will help to step down d coarseness of the ugwu( like 150 naira waterleave to 200 Naira ugwu)

Also, Water leave is very slimy so what I do is I steam for like 5 mins till it looses its water, u will see the water seperated from the leave, at this point u can sieve it out or let it dry up..some people prefer to wash but this method is easier n faster....

You will need enof oil , like one 35 cl coke bottle for 200 naira pumpkin

When steaming your meat, do not use water, let the meat loose its water first den u add very little over n over as it dries up Cus the soup doesn't like excess water and u wouldn't wanna loose ur stock to excess water....Pls also mind the seasoning especially salt Cus it can mess the soup up if excess in the meat.

Preparations proper...
Steam ur meat with ur desired seasoning,salt n some red pepper add the stock fish, dry fish, kpomo, snail when meat is cooked and bring down after like
4 mins

Put a dry pot on fire , heat a little and pour ur oil....
Add ur onion, grinded yellow scent pepper, red pepper and then water leave n allow to heat a little.
Add ur Meat stock and every other thing except the meat to avoid traffic

Allow to boil then add ur crayfish n periwinkle........Taste for salt and seasoning so u know the quantity to add........let it boil a lil then add the ugwu n cover for a while dont stir just dip the spoon periodically in the middle to avoid burning.......bring dwn after like 10 mins n its ready...serve with swallow of ur choice but fufu na the koko.....Haaaaa...Virtue just left me
when do u now add d waterleaves

4 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by kowema(f): 9:19am On Dec 12, 2014
ladunsky:
when do u now add d waterleaves
Read the second to last paragraph..u add the steamed water leave

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Mprex(f): 9:19am On Dec 12, 2014
Op, you dont use uzuza?

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by kowema(f): 9:21am On Dec 12, 2014
Mprex:
Op, you dont use uzuza?

I'm from Akwaibom and basically we use only those two leaves

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Mprex(f): 9:30am On Dec 12, 2014
kowema:

I'm from Akwaibom and basically we use only those two leaves
yea. I know akwa ibomites dont use mfang adusawink but try it. You'll like the outcome.

Pls give the recipe and preparation steps for ekpang nkwukwocheesy. Thats the one i'm intrested in. I know the rest
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 12, 2014
kowema:

Read the second to last paragraph..u add the steamed water leave
wont it be over cooked.. Considering the fact that u adding it early...

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by kowema(f): 9:37am On Dec 12, 2014
ladunsky:
wont it be over cooked.. Considering the fact that u adding it early...
Thats why you don't get to over cook the pumpkin....... There is hardly anytn like over cooked water leave Cus it will still looses strength in the pot in less than 3 minutes of cooking anyway...This steaming method even helps it to retain the strenght
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by sukkot: 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2014
now am hungry and all my nigerian food is finished. make i go arrange ground rice with kale soup
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2014
What is Edikaikong, we don't recognise dat kind of stew/soup here in Rashadiya.
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by pendusky(m): 10:31pm On Dec 13, 2014
pls don't spoil the name of our soup its not Edikaikong but EDIKANIKONG or EDIKANNKONG it means MuchPumkinLeaves Soup!
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by ireneony(f): 10:31pm On Dec 13, 2014
Wow op nice write up

with what i just read i think i will give it a try

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by lekjons(m): 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
gone are the days when nairaland use to frontpage 5-10 topics per day,now they can frontpage 200 unreasonable topics per day,believe me, nairaland is getting boring day-by-day..or am i the only person feeling that way? What do you think guys??

6 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by ireneony(f): 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
pendusky:
pls don't spoil the name of our soup its not Edikaikong but EDIKANIKONG
at least she made an effort....hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Rexphobia(m): 10:33pm On Dec 13, 2014
Op... Shey na this night I go cook am?
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by iluvweed(m): 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2014
Iyanma!
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by ROZZAYY(f): 10:35pm On Dec 13, 2014
Mzgracie oya come oooo
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by ROZZAYY(f): 10:36pm On Dec 13, 2014
Rexphobia:
Op... Shey na this night I go cook am?
No o wait till 12 midnyte den start. Lolz

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by vizkiz: 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2014
Op, that shii doesn't look tasteful....i can't believe i wasn't even salivating undecided
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by DonaldGenes(m): 10:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
Oh boy, iWill def. cook this tomorrow after church service....At least, iStill got some goat inside my freezer..
Wanna surprise my Girlfriend that I am a fantastic cook... she qonna see me tomorrow... Uhh

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by ireneony(f): 10:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
lilmaxfidel:
chopable wink >sad

last i check there is a food section on nairaland......stop acting like a mofo
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by BruzMoney(m): 10:41pm On Dec 13, 2014
K
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by epospiky(m): 10:42pm On Dec 13, 2014
Nice recipe. Plase can I have a plate of it?

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by chimerase2: 10:42pm On Dec 13, 2014
Mprex:
Op, you dont use uzuza?

nne is optional undecided
Re: How To Prepare Edikaikong Soup With Saliva Inducing Pictures 4rm A Nairalander by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 13, 2014
ireneony:
last i check there is a food section on nairaland......stop acting like a mofo
dustbin dont start what you cant finish....

retarded lost myiophat...

btw dont you have more painful insults...

this ones are becoming boring cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where should we draw the borderline of eating with Fingers? / How To Make Okro Stew / See The Sweet Crunchy Popcorn I Made In 5 Minutes With 3 Ingredients (Pic,Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.