Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

February 2015 Elections And Power Of Voters: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / February 2015 Elections And Power Of Voters: (642 Views)

Irregularities And Low Turn Out Of Voters Mar Imo Rerun Election / Agbaje Laments Poor Turnout Of Voters In Lagos / Picture Of Gov Okorocha Demanding The Release Of Voters Held Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

February 2015 Elections And Power Of Voters: by Logba: 1:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
I am under no illusion that the task I have set out to achieve in this article is a simple one and I know there cannot be a better opportunity for all of us as Nigerians to realize how important it is to fight together this time around in order to rescue this country and the future of our people from those who have reduced our land to what it is today.

The rot in the system is at the very unprecedented level and it is time we put an end to this circle of political corruption or at least mortally attenuate it by electing the right leaders.
A journey without a clear mission and presided over by a leader who has vision is like a free and airborne paper being tossed around by the wind which undoubtedly will end up in an unknown destination.

Once upon a time, Lagos had the opportunity to choose Lateef Jakande as the Governor of the state and the indelible mark he left behind is there for all to see, up to this day. My choice of Lagos as example is based on the information at my disposal as a Lagos State indigene and a proud beneficiary of the Jakande administration.

As a people whose life is dependent on the way the country is run cannot continue to remain indifferent and expect things to work well. We all have the duty to use the power (votes) in our hands to change the story of our dear country. Nigeria has everything it takes to be great. It is just having the right leader as the captain in charge of our collective destiny to greatness.
I think for once, Nigerians should come together irrespective of religious and ethnic bias. We have tested Muslims and Christians in this country and we really have a choice of either taking the same route or see the need to remove the toga of religion or bias of ethnicity which always inform our sense of judgment in situations like this.

The solution to this problems starts from every individual who is up to Eighteen years of age to register and collect permanent voters card in readiness for the February 2015 elections.

While the intention of this article is not to campaign for Mohammadu Buhari, the events that recently unfold and facts on ground about the integrity of the man compels me to pass a message to my people that any vote for Buhari is a clear statement of change needed to be expressed by every Nigerian in order to reposition this country and free her from the grip of oligarchy and kleptomaniacs who derive pleasure in using the resources of the country to satisfy their selfish ends at the expense of the masses.

I do not wish to dwell too much into the credentials of Buhari as the man is known even by his opponent to be more suitable for the job. I as a Nigerian have never been more hopeful than I am now that we will get there and together we can make it possible.

Engr Ola Lasisi (mnse)
Re: February 2015 Elections And Power Of Voters: by temitemi1(m): 1:47pm On Dec 12, 2014
Dream oooooooN...
Re: February 2015 Elections And Power Of Voters: by Beesluv: 1:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
Noted
Re: February 2015 Elections And Power Of Voters: by laimo(m): 2:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
And we will.Buhari!
Re: February 2015 Elections And Power Of Voters: by Logba: 5:33pm On Dec 12, 2014
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Taliban Massacre Children At School Aka Bokoharam / Buhari Broke Tinubu's Heart By Choosing Osinbajo - Leadership / Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo’s Book Now For Sale At N7,000 ONLY!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.