Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,410 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

One Of The Reasons Why Nairaland's Frontpage Is Not Interesting Anymore - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / One Of The Reasons Why Nairaland's Frontpage Is Not Interesting Anymore (846 Views)

Why Nairaland Was Shut Down / Ads On Frontpage! Is This An About-face Policy By Seun? / Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

One Of The Reasons Why Nairaland's Frontpage Is Not Interesting Anymore by halalMACburger: 3:33pm On Dec 12, 2014
Incompetent supermoderators.

I was truly saddened to see that I.shilove became a supermod. This is someone who has a history of abuse and derailing threads. Worse is that she has always been used to making irrelevant posts, hence, the front page losing its usual interesting appeal.

What kind of mod goes around abusing people she doesnt like?

Is.hilove:

You're an incorrigible troll. You cannot deny yourself. You will always be a troll; notorious and disliked by a majority of nairalanders. Banned by mods, left, right and centre. Anywhere you go, you leave the putrid stench of your bile and outwardly projected self-loathing, souring up threads and causing fights.

Refrain from mentioning my username in your irritating posts, tpiah. I am not the one responsible for your problems in life. You're warned.
https://www.nairaland.com/2038131/where-logicboy01/1#28805692

Naijazoom:
Ishilove:

I repeat, stop spewing nonsense.

In addition, next time when you write, let your brain, not your fingers do the thinking.

i will deactivate my account if all the mods were like you!! A mod is abusing a user, you are the most selfish mod i've ever known. a mod that will ignore a user intresting post because he/she hates that user, such mod deserves to be tagged "selfish"

https://www.nairaland.com/2016787/nairalands-alexa-rank-dropping-very/1#28422775

What kind of mod goes around derailing the threads of people she doesnt like?

https://www.nairaland.com/2022118/family-time-lucifer-bible-kids#28479607
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Nairaland's Frontpage Is Not Interesting Anymore by halalMACburger: 3:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
Seun really need to appoint moderators who are not biased and who are capable of understanding the difference between educational and useless threads. There are many witty and interactive threads which get overlooked by the current crop of supermods.

When one has a supermod that has the manners of a trailer park tout, what positive outcome can occur for the forum?

1 Like

Re: One Of The Reasons Why Nairaland's Frontpage Is Not Interesting Anymore by halalMACburger: 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
Here are 5 suggestions to make the front page better;

-Dont post too frequently- 15 fp topics a day is a good benchmark.

-Use quotas for the kinds of threads to reach fp- some romance, some politics, some unconventional topics

-Post atheist topics gaddemmit

-also post prenmiership news/articles. Arsenal, Man utd, chelsea!!!! Why dont you post it

-Stop bias and tribalism.Dont just be posting threads made by your friends!!!

usermane, davien, sonoflucifer, millstone, fabdedon, obinoscopy, baawaa

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Of The Reasons Why Nairaland's Frontpage Is Not Interesting Anymore by Askthelawyer: 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
Hey guys lets all calm down here no need for the insults we are adults and can make our issues known without profanity.

Thanks

www.askthelawyeronline.com
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Nairaland's Frontpage Is Not Interesting Anymore by halalMACburger: 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
Askthelawyer:
Hey guys lets all calm down here no need for the insults we are adults and can make our issues known without profanity.

Thanks

Seen.

But it was the mod that was using insults
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Nairaland's Frontpage Is Not Interesting Anymore by halalMACburger: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
word

naijaboiy:
The new super Mods are the ones always putting their own thread on front page no matter how useless it is.

Sometimes they even commit plagiarism by creating a similar thread to someone else's own and post theirs on front page,,despite the fact that the other person created such thread first.

They may also close down this thread too because it reeks of nothing else but the solid TRUTH!!!
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Nairaland's Frontpage Is Not Interesting Anymore by davien(m): 4:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
Seun...it is best you follow up on this case,Ishilove is clearly abusing her powers as the supermod to intimidate users and prompt fights..

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Reasons Why Nairaland's Frontpage Is Not Interesting Anymore by halalMACburger: 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
davien:
Seun...it is best you follow up on this case,Ishilove is clearly abusing her powers as the supermod to intimidate users and prompt fights..

Its not only me saying this
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Nairaland's Frontpage Is Not Interesting Anymore by Ishilove: 4:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
Mail the mods

(1)

Sperm Donor Who 'fathered 40 Children’ / What's This Craze About Selfie? / See The Email I Received, Help Im Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.