Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

US Travel Warnings And My Planned Trips - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Travel Warnings And My Planned Trips (1520 Views)

20+ Nations Issue Travel Warnings Against Nigeria / ****fresh Nigeria Travel Warnings From Usa To Her Citizens***** / Xmas Nigeria Travel Warnings (Borno, Bayelsa, Bauchi, Jos, Delta - No go areas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Travel Warnings And My Planned Trips by Oildichotomy(m): 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
I intend travelling around Nigeria for the holidays as much as my pocket could carry, I was going through some sites and I find some disturbing travel warnings about Nigeria, I was quite surprised not that i am not aware of the insecurity challenges we face every here and then but 'almost" tagging the whole country as insecured didn't go well in my books.

The Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to Nigeria and recommends that U.S. citizens avoid all travel to Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe states because of the proclamation on May 14, 2013, by the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria of States of Emergency in those three states. The ability of the Mission to provide assistance to U.S. citizens in those states remains severely limited. The Department also continues to recommend against all but essential travel to the following states due to the risk of kidnappings, robberies, and other armed attacks: Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Bayelsa , Delta, Edo, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Niger, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, and Zamfara. The Department also warns against travel to the Gulf of Guinea because of the threat of piracy. Based on safety and security risk assessments, the Embassy maintains restrictions for travel by U.S. officials to all northern Nigerian states (in addition to those listed above); officials must receive advance clearance by the U.S. Mission for any travel deemed as mission-essential. U.S. citizens should be aware that extremists could expand their operations beyond northern Nigeria to the country's middle and southern states. ...

U.S. State Department Warning
The Bolded are very much exaggerated ..... US sha
Re: US Travel Warnings And My Planned Trips by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
Na today u know say them like destroy other nations interest.. lipsrsealed make I sshh because I need their approval soon
Re: US Travel Warnings And My Planned Trips by Oildichotomy(m): 4:08pm On Dec 12, 2014
^^^^^^ grin I understand ! These guys have a way of blowing things out of proportion.... To what end really, I still don't know undecided
Re: US Travel Warnings And My Planned Trips by Ishilove: 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2016
Coconut, did you end up traveling, Oildichotomy? grin
Re: US Travel Warnings And My Planned Trips by Oildichotomy(m): 7:31am On Apr 14, 2016
Ishilove:
Coconut, did you end up traveling, Oildichotomy? grin
I did my Ishi

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Photo: Christmas Day Tragedy In Benue As 3 Die In Auto Crash / Destination Of The Week: Lafia / Honeymoon Mauritius Or Seychelles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.