Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos (76442 Views)

Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / Traditional Yoruba Names And Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Misogynist2014(m): 7:45pm On Dec 12, 2014
What of my dïck?
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by cannonnier(m): 7:46pm On Dec 12, 2014
alienvirus:

Shaking my head. Are you all egungun calabar?
grin
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Urine: 7:46pm On Dec 12, 2014
xynerise:
What do you call those pathetic beggars in the street of Lagos parading as masquerades? They use whip to threaten people to give them money

Those ones are hungry area boys, don't ever give them a dime.
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by finsulyman: 7:46pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ebira masquerade

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 12, 2014
missberrypop5:
na before e be demons. Now they're money collectors.
lol..ah tey u cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Youngzedd(m): 7:47pm On Dec 12, 2014
All those things you posted are powerless, they can't act.
Only dance them sabi.

Come to Ihiala, Okija Anambra state and Imo state to see masquerade.

Come South East.

Hailing.......

Otaaaa
Otu iko
Mmanwu chukwu

This is the baddest.

Cc: Okijajuju

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by McLove(m): 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2014
What of OLOOLU Masquerade In Ibadan? A lady must not see it. iku lere ese grin
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by mrlaw93(m): 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2014
See as ekpe masquerade hand dey show.. nawao lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by keandre: 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
missberrypop5:
most beautiful actually. Them never see igbojionu.

Lol ojionu,nwaAjahkajah,ajo-mmuo,7 '0' 7..chai I miss home
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by geoworldedu: 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
Wed
armadeo:
Gbomogbomo.

Feared by all.
grin

Uche, most feared. Nobody can look Uche face.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by kr0ne(m): 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
Are you a learner?

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by keandre: 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
Youngzedd:
Feared?

Come to Ihiala, Okija Anambra state and Imo state to see masquerade.

Come South East.

You will run for your life.

abia state nko
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Orikinla(m): 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
OP, you don jam Ohuhu Ekpe masquerade?
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by rhymesteey(f): 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
iluvweed:
Egun gun be careful, Na express you dey go..... cheesy
Abeg which Villsge u commot frm nah our song b that ooo 4my villa grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by kr0ne(m): 7:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
Are you a learner?

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by keandre: 7:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
mrlaw93:
See as ekpe masquerade hand dey show.. nawao lipsrsealed

that masquerade still de learn work

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Dammysmart: 7:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
missberrypop5:
is that your village Masquerade?
lol funny u...u better beg me to help u do Etisalat 1.5 mb so u'll ways come nd see d masquerade I'll be posting...lol
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by manny4life(m): 7:53pm On Dec 12, 2014

Ajofio na Nnewi

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Dammysmart: 7:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
missberrypop5:
is that your village Masquerade?
lol funny u...u better beg me to help u do Etisalat 1.5 mb so u'll always come nd see d masquerade I'll be posting...lol
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Weah96: 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
It's difficult to fear these things after coming from abroad.

I find them to be hilarious.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by hardbody: 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
Ilekeh:
Why the Chinese woman on top of the ekpe masquerade?

Inferior complex sha.

For avoidance of doubt that pic is not ekpe. Ekpe is a society for which I am a member and the regalia does not have carvings on it. Ekpe belongs to the efiks and the Igbo people of Arochukwu and environs. We also write and decode nsibidi language

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
keandre:

Lol ojionu,nwaAjahkajah,ajo-mmuo,7 '0' 7..chain I miss home
lol, seems you watch them alot. E get one weh deh walk for night. It only comes to sing praise song to great people, them no deh see am. If someone looks at it, na ochaere things, that was what we were meant to believe when we were little o. I don't know if its true. Na the name i think now.
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2014
adanma is a friendly maquarade op why should 1 fear it?symbolizes an Igbo woman's beauty
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by D9ty7(m): 7:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
adioolayi:
In the ancient city of Ibadan we have:
Alapansanpa
Abidielege
Oyi laluba
Jalaruru
Also...the dreaded Oloolu!!!
grin grin
Bro, na dat Oloolu people fear pass in Ibadan especially the women. But I remember sometimes last year or the year before when he was beaten to stupour. He spent many weeks in UCH.
I still dey laff till now. Where did he put his powers? Empty headed clowns in sacred costumes.
But if Ibadan masquerade lash you, for three days, you will finds sitting difficult.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Youngzedd(m): 7:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
manny4life:

Ajofio na Nnewi

So Nnewi have something like this

Impressing......
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by keandre: 7:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
missberrypop5:
lol, seems you watch them alot. E get one weh deh walk for night. It only comes to sing praise song to great people, them no deh see am. If someone looks at it, na ochaere things, that was what we were meant to believe when we were little o. I don't know if its true. Na the name i think now.

na ogbagu
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by RedBororo(m): 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
Okpanam wonder from Okpanam in Delta state,Guy is a complete spirit

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by manny4life(m): 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
missberrypop5:

Is it Ayaka? grin
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
How can you say these are the most feared?

Ever heard of alapansapa?
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by kr0ne(m): 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
Show dem

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Ignatio(m): 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
Now I agree that something is seriously wrong with op. How can you tag Adamma a fearful masquerade
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by manny4life(m): 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
Youngzedd:

So Nnewi have something like this

Impressing......

Even worse than this... They all come out during Igwe Nnewi's Ofala.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

World's Loneliest Man Dies After Avoiding Contact From Humans For 30 Years(pix) / Is This Why Ooni Of Ife Is Marrying Several Wives? / Yoruba Proverb Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.