Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,169 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos (76440 Views)

Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / Traditional Yoruba Names And Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by garlicrey(m): 5:14am On Dec 13, 2014
if I see these kind thing for night I go jar like weray
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 13, 2014
Kerosene and matches would solve d problem especially for numba 3 and 6
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 13, 2014
Kerosene and matches would solve d problem
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:32am On Dec 13, 2014
Reason while some cities in ogun state re backward.
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by ewatomi424(f): 6:41am On Dec 13, 2014
Nothing like that here in singapore
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Oskilala: 6:55am On Dec 13, 2014
Dont ever bring dose masquerade to walk tru the streets of Ajegunle and distract the young clads playing football, or else na inside gutter u go see ur masquerade. angry
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by nopecin(m): 6:58am On Dec 13, 2014
D only masquerade i love is (lagbaja) cos he is an educated masquerade.... where reva ha go where reva u r baby u never..................finish am.
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by nopecin(m): 6:59am On Dec 13, 2014
D only masquerade i love is (lagbaja) cos he is an educated masquerade, n i love his incantations like.... where reva ha go where reva u r baby u never..................finish am.
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by MicroBox: 8:04am On Dec 13, 2014
No one but Allah
Bleep masquerade
dat is pure shirkh
Gat no place in Islam
idol worshiping should not be celebrated or be brought to front page......
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 13, 2014
Ekpe no even dey there undecided .
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by inaiduna(m): 8:39am On Dec 13, 2014
For me the most intriguing and mysterious, "dreaded with awe" still remain EBU WONDER, atleast all the masquerades you guys have listed have people inside them, but this one is just a piece of cloth woken up with a gunshot from the box where it is kept the funny and interesting aspect that still baffles me till now is there is nobody inside the masquerade because after it finishes it dance it deflates and returns to being just cloth

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by satowind(m): 8:59am On Dec 13, 2014
oluseyiforjesus:
Ti egun ba le e,maa sare tori botin re araye lo re ara orun,
Interpretation ; if Masquerade is pursing u keep running as human get tired likewise spirit.........But I can't still believe some pple still live in ds darkness call masquerade
#IbelongtoJesus#
Mumu so ur culture now is darkness cause u wear suit and leggings.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by M4gunners: 9:15am On Dec 13, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Ur papa still dey worship dead jew or mad arab for tis21st century
Thunder fire your entire Family. Ur hopeless Father no go see better. I only ask ed Op question i never insulted anybody.By the way who invited you? Na u be the Op?(TherealmrStan ) Useless born troway pikin.
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 13, 2014
cupidhero:

Not only money collectors, masquerades now enter okada to their destinations. lol. some they even buy and chop suya when the crowd diverts their attention to another activity.
some deh even chyke girls. Deh drink beer.
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 13, 2014
laykhorn:

I thought that diary thing has change nao. I think I quote someone in his diary the other day or maybe I was daydreaming.
LOL about being a traditionalist, ofcourse I know. I was just pulling your legs... Later you go say make I no jazz dat girl wey no gree for me grin I just hope I know my culture well too, I've only heard stories from my parents. Never been to my hometown except for once in 2007 and just a day visit.
Busy Finally, you landed a high paying job. We share the salary 50:50. Dont involve my Laykorn my twin bro and that your concubine o
o greedy son of mine.
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by kuntash: 9:54am On Dec 13, 2014
gbosaa:

Don't mind the Op, surprised Ajofia of Nnewi wasn't mentioned there..or nkpologwu of nanka in Orumba north,Anambra.

A friend briefed me about this Ajofia , he said when pregnant woman see am, the woman must fall into labour ...

I watched the video on YouTube also, the masquerade indeed appear dreadful ....

I think it would difficult to discuss the culture of Igbos without mentioning masquerades

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 13, 2014
Sorry, being a female you are not suppose to know.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by laykhorn(m): 11:59am On Dec 13, 2014
missberrypop5:
o greedy son of mine.
grin grin cheesy
I need money nao... I wan buy Bugatti for you mummy
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:05pm On Dec 13, 2014
M4gunners:
Thunder fire your entire Family. Ur hopeless Father no go see better. I only ask ed Op question i never insulted anybody.By the way who invited you? Na u be the Op?(TherealmrStan ) Useless born troway pikin.

STFU jarre. We know wat your intention was with that question.

Dumbarse slave.
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2014
MicroBox:
No one but Allah
Bleep masquerade
dat is pure shirkh
Gat no place in Islam
idol worshiping should not be celebrated or be brought to front page......

Bleeep Allah. Fvck muhammad the pedo.phile.

Nigerian religion on Nigerian Forum.

To hell with your imported cult! Go and kiss the black stone jarre!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:08pm On Dec 13, 2014
Iamspaceblaze:
Kerosene and matches would solve d problem especially for numba 3 and 6l

Yes and especially for ur papa.
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by rafcrown(m): 12:23pm On Dec 13, 2014
nekaa:
Oro.... I have no idea what it looks like dou..
so u wanna see oro?
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by turawafett(f): 12:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
laykhorn:

Waow! Those are my granny very own way of hailing me. Chai! You just made my day. Are you from Iseyin
Yes I'm am from Agbagi. Turawa dynasty
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by laykhorn(m): 12:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
turawafett:

Yes I'm am from Agbagi. Turawa dynasty
I'm sorry I dont know where that is. I dont even know the way to my hometown. You mind to tell me?
I'd like to know you better so maybe I could get someone that has a close origin like unknown own. you mind a follower?
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by M4gunners: 1:25pm On Dec 13, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

STFU jarre. We know wat your intention was with that question.

Dumbarse slave.
OMG what intention are talking about? U are so stup1d to have think this far for nothing. I repeat it again i just ask him simple question which I feel he understands it the same way i meant it. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO HOME TRAINING DONSNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO BE THIS STUIIPID!
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:29pm On Dec 13, 2014
M4gunners:
OMG what intention are talking about? U are so stup1d to have think this far for nothing. I repeat it again i just ask him simple question which I feel he understands it the same way i meant it. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO HOME TRAINING DONSNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO BE THIS STUIIPID!

ARe you a madmAn? Dont you know that there are Traditionalists in Nigeria and it is an officially recognized religion set? DOnt feign ignorance you damned f00L. I know wat your intention was. you wanted to insult our religion. FVCK OFF.
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by NwaJesusteete(m): 1:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
I hate this demons with all ma heart, i hate it with passion, rubbish.
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by M4gunners: 1:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

ARe you a madmAn? Dont you know that there are Traditionalists in Nigeria and it is an officially recognized religion set? DOnt feign ignorance you damned f00L. I know wat your intention was. you wanted to insult our religion. FVCK OFF.
Bleep u u mdafuucker.Which religion are you dat i wanted to insult?U are the most silly person i have come across here.The post no get anything to do with religion.He posted all tribe even my own Igbo was dia. Different state's why den do you think I'm against yours?
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by obynoses(m): 3:51pm On Dec 13, 2014
This is Ovuenyo masquerade of Afipo in Ebonyi state.

Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by amunkita(m): 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2014
NwaJesusteete:
I hate this demons with all ma heart, i hate it with passion, rubbish.

Wat is demon sir...
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by coded65(m): 4:53pm On Dec 13, 2014
A beg make una leave our cultural heritage. Men still dey wear skirt for scotland, and women roam the streets half naked in Jamaica, Trinidad and tobago Brazil etc in the name of culture. By the way poster, where is IJELE masquerade?
Re: Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:18pm On Dec 13, 2014
M4gunners:
Bleep u u mdafuucker.Which religion are you dat i wanted to insult?U are the most silly person i have come across here.The post no get anything to do with religion.He posted all tribe even my own Igbo was dia. Different state's why den do you think I'm against yours?

fvck u gaY bastar.t slave! You wanted to insult Traditional Religion and you know that!
Would you have posted the same question if it was a thread about christian/muslim rituals? Woud you have said "ppl dey worship dead-jews/Arab pedophile in this age" ?! Dont take me for a naive pesin. Exactly! he posted about all tribes with regards to this particular Pagan ritual practice . WHy are you bringing Igbo and tribalism in between? DOnt change the topic! You never directed that stup.id comment at any particular tribe. Thats why now Im sure that your main reason for posting that comment was anti-Traditional Religion and not for tribalism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

World's Loneliest Man Dies After Avoiding Contact From Humans For 30 Years(pix) / Is This Why Ooni Of Ife Is Marrying Several Wives? / Yoruba Proverb Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.