Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

My Experience Today At The Dentist's - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience Today At The Dentist's (3035 Views)

My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics / My Experience With Weed / Live Chat With The Dentist.Discuss all Your Dental Problems And Get Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Today At The Dentist's by Nmeri17: 8:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
I started having tooth problems a few days back and thought it was just going to pass. so yesterday I attempted to see the dentist but after the receptionist told me all the processes I had to go thru before seeing the dentist I told her "my dear, I was simply asking to see the dentist and not the Queen of England" -__- and with that I kicked my heels and headed home.

next morning (this morning) I could barely talk/eat/breathe. I was seeing that dude even if it meant exchanging my organs.
all protocols observed, an appointment time was slated for 3pm. there's this annual dinner holding this evening I've been preparing for for nearly six months. its my first prom so my thoughts were going to the dinner after my meeting with the doctor.

once on the surgery bed I thought a choir will sing me a lullaby which would send me into a SLUMBER that ends instantly after the meeting. but alas, I was seeing it all. i was going to view the horror movie with me as the star actor. he ist injected me severally with some stuff afterwards I felt a tooth stand out. then I was asked to wait outside.
"Omg shocked has tech advanced so much that teeth can now be extracted with just an injection??" I asked myself excitedly.

but that was not all. I was called back in and I saw the doctor testing the sharpness of some scissors like equipment, gardener style. he took his pick and walked briskly towards me with a "yo own don be" look in his eyes.
bro if pain is a game, I was taken from level 1 to the last level today. i reached the point when u see the "bozz" himself and he tells u 'I WILL END YOOOOUUUU...haahaaha'. I experienced more pain today than a woman in labor. the dude was just standing over me and at some point I was wondering if he thinks I am a terrorist and he was extracting information from me.

after what seemed like eternity, hell was over. i walked home dejectedly like someone that just learnt about their HIV status. Santa had given me a bad Christmas present. phock that!! God had paid me according to my wages. I've been a remarkably disobedient child to him this year cry

I saw some Lady in the hall. she was extracting three shocked imagine going thru hell three times plus labor. I have a strong feeling that that woman was Abubakar Shekau in her past life or some tyrannical leader.

I do hope we can all learn to be grateful that "we have food and we can eat. glory be to God, Amen" smiley

PS: RIP dinner embarassed cry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Today At The Dentist's by Myluv1: 8:15pm On Dec 12, 2014
Story teller grin. Sorry for your lost tooth though. I formally welcome you into our 31teeth club
Re: My Experience Today At The Dentist's by iamodenigbo1(m): 8:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
ndo

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today At The Dentist's by seangy4konji: 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2014
Dat thing na body. I v never removed one before in my life and I eat a whole lot of chiocs sand eatable junks when m in d mood.

Kudos but thank god me never experience any tooth removal before except for the growing up ones which I use my tongue to remove and anoda one takes it's place.

Selah.
Re: My Experience Today At The Dentist's by Vivly(f): 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
Sorry about your dinner and bad tooth.smiley Sucks to be yougrin

I once went to the dentist to have a tooth filled. It wasn't really painful cuz I was given an anasethic shot. The only painful part was when air was being blown into the hole. After the filling, I started doing this really silly thing by biting my cheeks from inside since it was limp and kinda lifeless cuz of the anasethic. By the time the effect of the injection wore off, I cried. I had sores from the bitings that were hitherto painless.
Re: My Experience Today At The Dentist's by decode55(m): 1:48am On Dec 13, 2014
grin grin
Re: My Experience Today At The Dentist's by Nmeri17: 2:32am On Dec 13, 2014
Vivly:
Sorry about your dinner and bad tooth.smiley Sucks to be yougrin

I once went to the dentist to have a tooth filled. It wasn't really painful cuz I was given an anasethic shot. The only painful part was when air was being blown into the hole. After the filling, I started doing this really silly thing by biting my cheeks from inside since it was limp and kinda lifeless cuz of the anasethic. By the time the effect of the injection wore off, I cried. I had sores from the bitings that were hitherto painless.

yur even lucky u could cry. there's a type of pain you'll experience and you'll wish u could let it all out embarassed

seangy4konji your turn is coming. during old age maybe

Re: My Experience Today At The Dentist's by ceo4eva: 5:31am On Dec 13, 2014
Thank God it wasn't a futile exercise in a way! Though I've not had the experience, I could deduce yours was of mixed feelings. However, I admire your courage in proving to your initial difficulties that you are difficult to defeat. That's the spirit! U've got to move on, bro.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today At The Dentist's by Dannylux: 7:51am On Dec 13, 2014
Mine was back in 2006. I lost two teeth after the surgery. The numbness I felt on my face was mindboggling - The Power of Anaesthetics.
Re: My Experience Today At The Dentist's by Uncleodi(m): 9:05pm On Dec 19, 2014
Sorry.
Re: My Experience Today At The Dentist's by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 22, 2014
Just stumbled upon this thread lol, very funny!! Sorry about your tooth and your dinner, hope you feel much better now. Just brush at least twice a day (morning and night) and floss as often as you can, you'll be fine smiley
Re: My Experience Today At The Dentist's by dolapoesho: 4:31pm On Mar 16, 2017
Let’s face it. Many people fear you.

Seventy five (75%) percent of adults experience some degree of dental fear, from mild to severe.

Five to ten percent have dental phobia who avoid dental care at all costs.

What is it with dentists?

When people were asked to think about the last time they searched for health and medical information, as well as doctors or other health professionals…

https://wsiaxon.com/dental-marketing-ideas-dentists/

(1) (Reply)

How To Prevent Bloating / Any Recommended Herbal Cure For Hernia? / Lump In My Anus(graphic pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.