Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Banana Island In Pictures - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Banana Island In Pictures (93559 Views)

A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures / All About Banana Island Lagos State, History And Exclusive Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banana Island In Pictures by judedwriter(m): 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2014
wiloy2k8:
choi money is good .
Money answers all tins
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by Applaner: 5:31pm On Dec 13, 2014
op, come here

make sure next time u obtain permission from me b/4 posting my house
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 13, 2014
bezimo:
Having lived abroad for some time, some of the houses I see in this picture look like those abroad in appearance.
grin which of the abroad did you live?
Cos the houses don't even come close to the regular houses I have seen in north America and Europe. The chagouri brothers must have very good business skills to sell land on this artificial island at those ridiculous prices. Their Return on Investment must be mad.

1 Like

Re: Banana Island In Pictures by mercyville: 5:46pm On Dec 13, 2014
armadeo:

I also noticed the drawings and I am still amazed people haven't seen them.
The landscape is truly banana-shaped,my man.......
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 13, 2014
00kris88:
Why is the place called Banana Island?
Cos the island has the shape of a banana when viewed from the sky. That was what a friend who worked as part of the construction team when the island was being developed told me.

2 Likes

Re: Banana Island In Pictures by jbaby265(f): 5:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
emmyw:
Beautiful
beautiful my dear
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by trumpcoat(m): 6:07pm On Dec 13, 2014
Nice place to be

Re: Banana Island In Pictures by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 13, 2014
saxywale:

grin which of the abroad did you live?
Cos the houses don't even come close to the regular houses I have seen in north America and Europe. The chagouri brothers must have very good business skills to sell land on this artificial island at those ridiculous prices. Their Return on Investment must be mad.

Shut your dirty, lying slaveboy mouth. Post the ''regular houses'' in North America and Europe let us see and compare. Idiatt. Some of you think you can come here and display your wretched inferiority complex and expect us all to accept. If you don't post those ''regular houses'', may God punish you. Idiott.

5 Likes

Re: Banana Island In Pictures by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
saxywale:

Cos the island has the shape of a banana when viewed from the sky. That was what a friend who worked as part of the construction team when the island was being developed told me.
ok, thanks. I was wondering where the bananas were in the pix
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by armadeo(m): 6:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
okotv:
you are on your own.

As are you.
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by okotv(m): 6:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
armadeo:

As are you.
hope we are good
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by armadeo(m): 6:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
okotv:
hope we are good

If you say so.
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by omololu2020(m): 6:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
Horayce:

You are really stewpid bro.
are u really alright? I don't fink so sha,cos if u are u won't use d word "stup!d"
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by okotv(m): 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2014
armadeo:

If you say so.
then we are.
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by omololu2020(m): 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2014
SirAweezy:

Bros.. 28million car.. Is like pure water sachet here in lagos island... Come and see they way pple messes around with 45m-60m cars everywhere.. I just they pray make one bash my car one day... I go just dash am say make him write me cheaque wey I go cash naw naw.. Lol
lol
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by omololu2020(m): 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2014
joelenesleek:
please don't forget to come pay my bride price when you make the money grin
hahahaha ok o
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by Pororo(f): 7:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
The day Tsunami go come, e go be like LEGO !!!!
Beauty without brains. Rising water levels will come back for its "reclaimed lands".
Invest wisely people. undecided
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by emmyw(m): 7:33pm On Dec 13, 2014
jbaby265:

beautiful my dear
Yea whats up.
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by juman(m): 7:41pm On Dec 13, 2014
nigeria is so backward that's why people think the pictures are extraordinary.

They are not special.
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by richjohn1(m): 8:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
This is pure heaven!

1 Like

Re: Banana Island In Pictures by mojeer678: 8:54pm On Dec 13, 2014
pweshex:
extremely beautiful

You see 'extreme beauty',

I see a socio-demographic nightmare; a civilian barracks with no thought towards efficient waste management, drainage, physically-challenged residents, safety-security infrastucture, et.c

Guess we're not on the same page afterall grin
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by badmus1346(m): 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2014
Stop Posting Picture Again...Lazy poeple want die here...the most you post picture ..Hospital don full of faint people
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by Classicman47(m): 10:57pm On Dec 13, 2014
@op, pls where is chief sweetus aka yuzedo's house in these pishures

1 Like

Re: Banana Island In Pictures by esoorita: 12:58am On Dec 14, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Shut your dirty, lying slaveboy mouth. Post the ''regular houses'' in North America and Europe let us see and compare. Idiatt. Some of you think you can come here and display your wretched inferiority complex and expect us all to accept. If you don't post those ''regular houses'', may God punish you. Idiott.

Why are you being nasty. The problem with people like you is that you've never stepped out of Nigeria so it is incomprehensible for you to believe that the Banana Island without facilities to match the silly prices is absolute rubbish. If you have the opportunity to visit London, you will see houses in Kensington Gardens with the price tag of between £35 million to £50 million. In Surrey, you will see houses with £25 million to £35 million price tag. The difference however is that the people buying these houses are captains of industries and known successful businessmen unlike in Nigeria where it is the politicians and senior civil servants that buys the artificially expensive properties with stolen money. In civilised societies, you will need a mortgage to buy a property whereas in Nigeria, you'll steal public funds to buy your property if you are in a position of trust and authority.

5 Likes

Re: Banana Island In Pictures by Weah96: 2:02am On Dec 14, 2014
Come to Fayetteville, GA and see giant houses. As I type this, I'm only three miles away from Evander Holyfield's old house. It belongs to Rick Ross now, I believe.

The funny thing is, I know who Holyfield and Rick Ross are, but I don't know the owner of the house next door to it. And the one next to that one.

There's a giant salvage yard in Fayetteville, and commoners like us go there to purchase automotive parts, instead of buying brand new ones. Driving over to that place feels like slapping your mother in the face. Over and over.

It's a ten minute drive filled with torture. The first thing that greets you is the scent of their giant lawns. Wicked people.

3 Likes

Re: Banana Island In Pictures by mikron(m): 2:41am On Dec 14, 2014
omololu2020:
I do laff wen pple say "dia is no money in Nigeria".in dis Nigeria we hav pple usin cars dat worth 28milion naira,we av pple livin in banana island.I will surely mak it in dis country called Nigeria by God grace
we re talking about cars worth N100 million and above u re talking about N28 million

3 Likes

Re: Banana Island In Pictures by Weah96: 5:32am On Dec 14, 2014
mikron:
we re talking about cars worth N100 million and above u re talking about N28 million

Jay Z and Beyonce have a custom Exelero worth a cool 8 million. That's almost N1.5 Billion give or take about a couple thousand.
But they're Jay Z and Beyonce. They've got their own aeroplane and pilot.

Re: Banana Island In Pictures by juman(m): 9:00am On Dec 14, 2014
mojeer678:

You see 'extreme beauty',

I see a socio-demographic nightmare; a civilian barracks with no thought towards efficient waste management, drainage, physically-challenged residents, safety-security infrastucture, et.c

Guess we're not on the same page afterall grin

You see!
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by khaynoni(m): 10:22am On Dec 14, 2014
MONEY must be MADE!!!!
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by Lampsy(m): 10:52am On Dec 14, 2014
MMBM...That good feeling driving along the axis there, knowing fully well the worth of every grass and sand over there....Renders or not , that's the place to be, where the top notch ( yu call them thieves, I see them as goons) , lives and are based.
Re: Banana Island In Pictures by Lampsy(m): 11:03am On Dec 14, 2014
An environment that inspires your body, soul and spirit... an everyday surrounding pic that inspires one's hustle mind.

Re: Banana Island In Pictures by mojeer678: 12:16pm On Dec 14, 2014
iamord:
I Said the same thing. A lot of the pictures were Renders.. It goes to show that a lot of the youths are dumb.

You're absolutely correct.

Renderings, just like Fashola's white elephant projects like the Cable Cars over Lagos, 4th Mainland Bridge, 8-Lane Expressway from Badagry to the Marina, Eko Atlantic city, Lagos Independent Power generation and distribution, et.c. which have all been used to hoodwink and mesmerize the gullible and the dumb.

2015! Their chickens are coming home to roost as these smokescreen would disperse and a whiff of real breeze and true change will usher in courtesy Jimi Agbaje!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) / My Empty Flight Experience On EgyptAir From Cairo To Athens / Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.