Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory (131976 Views)

Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F / Kuwaiti Prince, Abdullah Al-sabah Converts Into Christianity / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 9:21am On Dec 13, 2014
SHEIKH ADAM ABDULLAH AL-ILORY (RA): HIS SUFI AND SCHOLARSHIP STATUS

Sheikh Adam Abdullah Al-Ilory (1917- 1992) Was Honored By Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt in 1989. His scholarly work is widespread throughout Nigeria, North Africa, Middle East, and South East Asia. His students and many other scholars have further spread his work in the west. Among many other things, he was an Erudite Jurist, Linguist and Historian
---via: http://sheikhadamabdullahal-ilory..com/2009/08/al-ilorys-message.html

SHEIKH ADAM ABDULLAH AL~ILORY’S SUFISM AND LEARNING JOURNEY: REPORTED SPEECH
via: Sheikh Adam Abdullah Al~Iloory’s Lecture during the Mawlid celebration gathering for the Mystic, Sheikh Ahmad Rufaa’ee Nda Salaatee.
watch video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Y5IBMaiKQ

“My father was a Qaadiriyya Sufi. I started learning the Qur’aan from him. I also started Ilimee (Islamic Sciences) with him, after which I studied under the tutelage of Alfa Esin who was a Tijaaniyah. I learnt with Alfa Umar (Imam of Agbaji, Ilorin) who was a Tijaaniyah. I finished/concluded studies with Sheikhg Adam Namaajy who was a Qaadiriyah.

Alfa Salman Ake was the first to initiate me into the Qaadiriyah, after which I took it from Alfa Nda Salaatee, I also took form Alfa Adam Namaajii (Kano). I took it from the Gabas (East). I took from Shehu Naasir Kabara (Kano), I also got initiated (in the Qaadiriyah branch) of Shehu Uthman dan Fodio (Al~Fuudawiyyah).

I became Khaleefah (of Sufi Order) through Shehu Malik Shabdabu ‘in’ Kishajamu: {which consists of; Naqshabandiyyah, Junaydiyyah, Shaadhiliyyah, Marjaniyyah and Qadiriyyah}.

But (my role) in teaching people Islamic Knowledge (kewuu) pulled me back/made me retrogress (in the khilaafah of the spiritual paths), the reason for this is: If one upholds the Tareeqah/Spiritual path, one caters for his Self/Soul (Personal Salvation), and he wont be able to cater for others.”

NOTE: Spiritual Salvation/Journey is a personal one, which entails Jihad an~Nafs (Striving against the Lower~Self/Ego). It is very important to have a Shaykh al~Waseel (Guidance Shaykh), but the implementation of all his/her teachings in the journey strongly depends on the individual courage, discipline and sincerity of the mureed/seeker to reach the pristine destination of being soaked in one’s creator. May Allah make easy for us the journey and grant us the courage, discipline and sincerity to arrive our divine destination with Salaam/Peace/Shalom, Ameen…….

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 9:22am On Dec 13, 2014
THE ICON OF KNOWLEDGE AND PRISTINE SUFI OF NIGERIA: SHEIKH ADAM ABDULLAH AL~ILOORY

He was the founder of Centre for Arabic and Islamic Eduaction (Markaz Ta’alim al Arabiy wa l Islaamiy), Agege, Lagos, Nigeria.

Sheikh Adam possessed all kinds of emulating character which includes: Bravery, Articulation Outspokenness, Politeness, Tolerance, Independence of view (Sheik Abdul Wahab Zubair Al~Gamawy).
----http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Raymoneto/Algamawiy-_a_fervent_lover_of_knowledge

“Shaykh Adam was a master of the Arabic language, a prolific writer, educator, and community leader. He has scores of books written in Arabic on Ta'rikh (history), Fiqh (jurisprudence), Aqida (Creed), Tasawwuf (Sufism/Islamic Mysicism), lugha (Linguistics), ilm al-hadith (Science of Hadith), tarbiya (Education/Instruction),… anthropology, etc and he never went through any formal schooling. He learned the traditional way from his teachers in the towns and villages of Nigeria. The k-12 school he established in Agege, Lagos revolutionized Islamic education in West Africa and continues to produce Imams (Leaders), da'is (Proselytisers), and scholars of deep knowledge and excellent character…”---{Shaykh Muhammad Adeyinka Mendes}

He wrote a book titled: ("The Role of Tasawwuf, Sufis, and the North African Maliki Salafis in West Africa", Translated by Shaykh Muhammad Adeyinka Mendes from the Arabic book) in which he clarified his stance on the Pristine Sufism and Pristine Salafism. Shaykh Muhammad Adeynka Mendes said about the book: “The book (The Role of Tasawwuf, Sufis, and the North African Maliki Salafis in West Africa) is quite small in size but pregnant with the spirit of openmindedness and balance that the Shaykh was respected and renowned for during his blessed life.”
Below are the Translations of Shaykh Muhamma Adeyinka Mendes from Shaykh Adam Abdullah’s book mentioned above:

4 Likes

THE PRISTINE SUFISM AND PRISTINE SALAFISM

Shaykh Adam (God be pleased with him) says, "Some of the orientalists mistakenly considered me...from the Wahhabi Hanbalis [due to the Shaykh's campaign for reviving the Sunnah and abandoning innovation]...and then others imagined I was a Qadiri or Tijani Sufi, the reality is that I am a Muhammadi Muslim who follows every Imam that is a Muhammadi Muslim."

"People claim that I am a sufi (practitioner of tasawwuf). I respond, "Yes, I am a sufi as long as tasawwuf refers to knowledge, action, compassion, spiritual ecstasy, orthodox belief, and Divinely inspired knowledge. I am a sufi as long as tasawwuf is but an elaboration of Ihsan (inner goodness & excellence), the third part of the true path completed by Islam (outward practice) and Iman (faith).”

"I am a sufi as long as tasawwuf indicates the purification of the soul with mandated acts of obedience to God accompanied by voluntary acts performed seeking Divine proximity. I am a sufi as long as tasawwuf means struggling to overcome the ego and emigrating from sin, due to the saying of Prophet Muhammad (God bless and grant peace to him and his family): 'The true emigrant is the one who emigrates from sin and the true warrior is the one who battles against base desires.'

"I am a sufi as long as tasawwuf means indifference to what is with people and yearning for that which is with God. And I am a sufi only if tasawwuf signifies the unveiling of unseen realities and inspired knowledge of God the Creator.

3 Likes 1 Share

"I am a sufi that is both Qadiri and Tijani because my father was Qadiri and I completed my religious studies at the hand of the Qadiri Master Shaykh Adam Nam'aji of Kano. However, I began my studies with two masters who were both Tijani, Shaykh Salih Muhammad al-Awwal the Preacher and Shaykh Umar al-Abaji the Imam (God have mercy upon them all)."

On the contrary, there are some people who claim that I am a salafi (strict follower of the earliest Muslims). I respond, "Yes, I am a salafi as long as salafiyya indicates taking as a model and following the earliest Muslim generations, due to the saying of Prophet Muhammad (God bless and grant peace to him and his family):'The best of generations is mine, then those who follow them, then those who follow them.'

"I am a salafi only if salafiyya signifies inviting others to adhere to the Book of God and the lifestyle of Prophet Muhammad (God bless and grant peace to him and his family) without denigrating or condemning anyone!

"I am a salafi without wielding a stick against anyone from amongst the earlier or later Muslim community.

"And I am a salafi as long as salafiyya refers to holding to the Sacred Law with practices based on what is flexible and evolving rather than that which is rigid and narrow."

This is the tolerance that we learned from our mothers, fathers, and spiritual guides.

May Allah grant us all the barakah that illuminates from his scholarship and wilaayah/sainthood. May Allah be with and safeguard for us his khaleepha and Mudeer of Markaz Ta’alim al Arabiy, Agege, Lagos, Nigeria. Ameen!!!

6 Likes

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 9:23am On Dec 13, 2014
REFERENCES

~ Shaykh Muhammad Adeyinka Mendes (2008): ‘Both a Salafi and a Sufi: The Way of Mercy and Moderation ….THEY CLAIM... (ZA'AMUNI) by Shaykh Adam Abdullahi al-Ilory (of Ilorin, Nigeria, d. 1993, may God be pleased with his soul)…... (Translated by Adeyinka Mendes from the Arabic book "The Role of Tasawwuf, Sufis, and the North African Maliki Salafis in West Africa" by the great scholar and master of our time, Shaykh Adam Abdallah of Ilorin, Nigeria, d. 1992, may God be pleased with his soul)……via: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=43311667329

~ Sheikh Adam Abdullah Al~Iloory’s Lecture during the Mawlid celebration gathering for the Mystic, Sheikh Ahmad Rufaa’ee Nda Salaatee. via:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Y5IBMaiKQ

~Blog site dedicated to ‘Sheikh Adam Abdullah Al-Ilory (RA)’---http://sheikhadamabdullahal/-ilory..com/2009/08/al-ilorys-message.html

~Pictures downloaded via: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tribute-to-Sheikh-Adam-Abdullah-Al-Alory/189670628208

Source:http://shaykhadamabdullahalilory..com/2014/03/sheikh-adam-abdullah-al-ilory-ra.html

His Burial...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m3cE-k4JOU

2 Likes

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by AlBaqir(m): 9:42am On Dec 15, 2014
May Allah be pleased with him. Sheik Adam was a gem and resource of knowledge. WA AHLAMA ADAMA ASMA'A KULAHA...

I was impressed with his report after he visited Ayatullah Mar'hum Imam Khomeini.

Empiree I'd like you read this book: LIGHT WITHIN ME
www.al-islam.org/light-within-me-mutahhari-tabatabai-khomeini

I can see as part of your refrences; sheik Adeyinka mendes. Do you know him personally. I respect him a lot.

5 Likes

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 11:26am On Dec 15, 2014
^ i don't know him
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by tola9ja: 7:26am On Dec 22, 2014
Adamo too da nkan mo grin grin grin grin grin grin RTH

1 Like

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 14, 2015
Empiree:
^ i don't know him
Salaamualaykum, how are you brother? Please I'll advise that you ignore these ifeann oresmotcc... i dont know the spelling and all other anti-islamic guys here on NL no matter how tempting it is to reply them. Just leave them, stop honouring them with ur replies pls. Thanks
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 5:14pm On Feb 14, 2015
namuH:

Salaamualaykum, how are you brother? Please I'll advise that you ignore these ifeann oresmotcc... i dont know the spelling and all other anti-islamic guys here on NL no matter how tempting it is to reply them. Just leave them, stop honouring them with ur replies pls. Thanks
walaikum salam. Na'am.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 14, 2015
Is dis anoda bastard ya abt, a rapist like muhammed. A brand like Rilwayne001.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 14, 2015
Can some1 summarize who d hell dat bastard is, d one OP is talking abt. Rilwayne001

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by 9jaforlife: 2:03am On Feb 21, 2015
Such a great influence on Islam and Knowledge. May Allah show him abundant mercy. He will forever be missed

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 2:11am On Feb 21, 2015
^ Amin
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by abdulahi001: 5:35am On Apr 24, 2015
It baffles me that no wikipedia page has been created about him, ao can we go about it?

3 Likes

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 5:39am On Apr 24, 2015
abdulahi001:
It baffles me that no wikipedia page has been created about him, ao can we go about it?
Registration
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by true2god: 5:59am On Apr 24, 2015
Is 'Islam for muslim' section no more available on nairaland?
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by abdulahi001: 2:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
Empiree:
Registration

Registration as in?
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 11:30am On May 04, 2015
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 11:31am On May 04, 2015
abdulahi001:

Registration as in?
Go to Wikipedia and register there. But be sure you input accurate information about him. That means you have to do some research. And you may copy from here

1 Like

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 04, 2015
I implore d moderator(emusmith oam4j) to pls send dis dirt to d islamsection(wastebin) cum bottomless pit where its gonna waste dere
Pls do ya work MODz!

1 Like

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 3:53am On May 08, 2015
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Demmzy15(m): 5:01am On May 08, 2015
I'm not a fan of 'sufism' though! smiley
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 5:10am On May 08, 2015
Demmzy15:
I'm not a fan of 'sufism' though! smiley
u mean the first video zikr in cycle ? im just having fun with it.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Demmzy15(m): 5:15am On May 08, 2015
Empiree:
u mean the first video zikr in cycle ? im just having fun with it.
Lol, being a Kwaran. I stayed in Ilorin for some time, had some of those influence on me from my teachers. I left Ilorin and I stopped!
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Anas09: 4:17pm On May 15, 2015
I was going to be happy that dis pple were being ignored untill I saw two brothers . Left for me? This theives shd generally be ignored.
Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 10:07am On Jun 05, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by tola9ja: 7:38pm On Jun 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I implore d moderator(emusmith oam4j) to pls send dis dirt to d islamsection(wastebin) cum bottomless pit where its gonna waste dere
Pls do ya work MODz!

2 Likes

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 12:01pm On Jul 19, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by lanrexlan(m): 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2015
Who knows this man? This is sheikh Habebullah Al Ilory, the first child of Sheikh Adam Abdullah Al Ilory(RTA) and the rector of Markaz Arabic school In Agege. Empiree, do you remembered that I told you that I read a disturbing article about this man few years back? Unfortunately I lost my history and a lot of things was lost in the process .

Recently, during Ramadan I was watching this man lecture on MiTv and I was so eager to hear him because I never listened to him before. Then, he said something disturbing again, he said Eesa(as) is dead and he is never coming back. He further said all those hadiths that said he's coming is daeef. He said if he comes back, the Ahadith says he will kill pigs and break cross, he replied and said 'Anabi Eesa yoo Wa di alapata abi?' meaning 'Prophet Eesa will now turn to a butcher abi?' . I found this disturbing for a man like him to say that.

So I was very curious about what sheikh Adam Abdullah Al Ilory (RTA) say about the descent of Eesa. Since I think he should be following the footsteps of his father, will he contradicts him? So I went to one of ustahds and enquired about the view of baba Adam concerning the issue. He said baba wrote in one of his books that Eesa is coming. To be cocksure, when I arrived home from school for Eid I asked my cousin about this man and Baba's view on Eesa descent again, he replied in affirmative that baba also agreed that Eesa is coming back. I got this pics from my cousin.

My headache is that, there were hundreds of people who were listening to him that day.He is a popular sheikh in Lagos. What is Markaz turning to? This is not what the great man sheikh Adam Abdullah Al Ilory laboured for.

4 Likes

Re: Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory by Empiree: 7:52pm On Jul 19, 2015
^ Sign of Last Age brother. I seldom watched his lectures but I am not always content with him. If you notice on the other thread, Albaqir critisized him of being arrogant. I see that actually. Then also, I watch Sheik Dauda a lot. He never reference him anytime he praises past and living Sheiks. Sheik Abib seems to have probem with others.

Even if he doesnt believe in the return of nabiy ibn Maryam(AS), is this how a learned Sheik should talk?. There are few other prominent scholars like Dr. Muhammad Iqbal, he doesn't believe in the return Isa(AS). He was even western influenced but never talked recklessly like this sheikh as you described. I am very disturbed by this. But bear in mind that him being first son does not make him true heir. Sheik Adam's true heirs are those who followed his footsteps in the deen and improved it like Alfa Nla.

Sheikh Habib also bashes muslims unnecessarily. That's one of the reason I don't like watching him. Pardon me brother, I think he's arrogant and rude. Sheikh Dauda Abdul Majeed slightly make reference to this in one of his lectures a while back.

Solati Fatihi and others
http://www.tidjaniya.com/en/tariqa-tidjaniya/teachings-of-the-path/salatul-fatihi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Ayatollah Khomeini's Book On Sex: For Shias / The Powers Of Ayatul Kursi / How Do U Realy Perform Ghusl Janabah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.