Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

9 Reasons To Stop/reduce Eating Instant Noodles - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 9 Reasons To Stop/reduce Eating Instant Noodles (1620 Views)

Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health / 10 Reasons You Should Stop Eating Too much Instant Noodles (must See) / 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Reasons To Stop/reduce Eating Instant Noodles by Vikkie14: 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
Here are some facts why you need to stay away from or stop the consumption of "Noodles". No doubt we love this meal because it's edible(when cooked and uncooked),sweet and "easy" to cook[you dont need any nutritionist to give you instruction(s) on how to cook it].
It's something we opt-for when in a hurry, when the kids are crying, and when we dont have appetite for "hard" meal. But, today, what seems "unharmful" during our great grand father's era are not "harmless" now.
During our child-hood days, we could put/rub sands on our sore while playing but today, one dare not do it, cox Mr tetanus is waiting(tho it seems that disease is forgotten now).

Here are 9 "harmful" things Noodles can cause in the human body.

(1) CANCER
The ingredient in the Instant Noodles called "Styrofoam" is a cancer causing agent.

(2) MISCARRIAGE
Women who are eating Instant Noodles during pregnancy causes miscarriage because it affect the development of foetus in the womb.

(3) JUNK FOOD
Instant Noodles are enriched with/full of carbohydrate but no vitamin, fibre and minerals.

(4) SODIUM
Instant Noodles are power packed with high amount of sodium. Excessive consumption of sodium leads to heart disease, stroke, hypertension and kidney damage.

(5) MSG: MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE
MonoSodium Glutamate is used to enhance the flavour of Instant Noodles. People who are allergic to MSG consume it as part of their diet, then they end up suffering from headaches, facial flushing, pain and burning sensation.

(6) OVER-WEIGHT
Eating noodles is the leading cause of obesity. Noodles contains fat and large amounts of sodium, which causes water retention in the body and surely it leads to overweight and obesity in turn leads to heart problem.

(7) DIGESTION
Instant Noodles are bad for the digestive system. Regular consumption of noodles causes irregular bowl movement and bloating.

[8] PROPYLENE GLYCOL
The ingredient in the Instant Noodles called "propylene glycol" has a anti-freeze property. This ingredient is used in prevention of the noodle drying up by retaining its moisture. It weakens the immune system of the body. It's easily absorbed by the body and it accumulate in the Kidney, Heart and Liver thereby causing abnormalities and damages.

(9) METABOLISM
Regular intake and consumption of Instant Noodles affect the body metabolic system because of the chemical substances like the Additive, colouring and preservative contained in the noodles.

So, halt or better-still reduce its consumption.

#AWordIsEnoughForTheWise
Re: 9 Reasons To Stop/reduce Eating Instant Noodles by EfemenaXY: 5:54pm On Dec 13, 2014
I'm yet to come across an Obese person addicted to eating Noodles.
Re: 9 Reasons To Stop/reduce Eating Instant Noodles by wrench: 10:04am On Dec 14, 2014
EfemenaXY:
me too
Re: 9 Reasons To Stop/reduce Eating Instant Noodles by lepasharon(f): 9:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
i have learnt to make it the healthy way...
Re: 9 Reasons To Stop/reduce Eating Instant Noodles by yomi007k(m): 10:45am On Dec 16, 2014
Not enuf reason o jare.
Re: 9 Reasons To Stop/reduce Eating Instant Noodles by SAMBARRY: 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2014
Story for my hanos.mshewwww

*Singing the old indomie advert*

indomie indomie, my indomie noodles, indomie indomie, delicious and tasty. Hey abrakadabra cheesy

Re: 9 Reasons To Stop/reduce Eating Instant Noodles by SAMBARRY: 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2014
EfemenaXY:
abi o.they are always slim smiley

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Steak And Kidney Pie / Guar Gum Power Available For Sale / Tasty Sandwich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.