Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner (1889 Views)

I Need A Good Programmer / Are You A Good Programmer? Let Talk!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 13, 2014
Dear Nairaland Programmers, I am in real need of a good programmer to join me in a project.
Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by asalimpo(m): 6:37pm On Dec 13, 2014
While you're yapping for slave labour indices , why not state how much you are willing to pay.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by josieboy55(m): 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2014
asalimpo:
While you're yapping for slave labour indices , why not state how much you are willing to pay.

Nowadays people are now using partnership as a means of paying Web Developers grin grin grin

Nigerians !!!

1 Like

Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2014
9japipper:

Infact all librarys of Java Script.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 14, 2014
asalimpo:
well brother I can understand your point. But the post simply said "if its of interest to u " their is no issue of slave labour here. If u are good contact me then I will show you the prospects.
Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 14, 2014
josieboy55:

Nowadays people are now using partnership as a means of paying Web Developers grin grin grin

Nigerians !!!
Beacuse as a startup I know I cant afford to pay a real developer what he deserves.
Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by elvongray: 10:28am On Dec 14, 2014
The simple advice I will give you is... Mold one. The same stuff we tell ladies when they are searching for a the perfect man. Jokes apart, I want you to consider these before you jump into a startup with any dick and harry.

1)How will you be able to convince a very good programmer to leave his/her high paying job to work with you on a startup that one is not sure is going to be successful. Anybody that have the skill you request will obviously be hot cake for big companies.

2)The irony of life is that people don't always believe really good ideas. According to peter thiel, it is really hard to convince people about a very good idea. So if you are able to convince a stranger(apart from your friends or relations) about your idea, it is crap.

3)Starting a company with someone is like going into a marriage with the startup as the baby. As we all know, marrying the wrong person is a disaster. This is the same with a startup. Don't EVER start a company with a stranger. It is one of the most stupid mistake one can make, because it is quite obvious. It is well known that the best people you can start a company with is people you know and have worked with before. This is very important, because the startup environment is a very stressful place to work in. It is there you begin to see the real person you took as a cofounder. The person may decide to bail on you or even backstab you. This are qualities you should know before you start a company with someone. it is always advised to start a company with someone you know and have worked with before. Don't ever start a company with someone because of his/her skills, start a company with someone you know you can work with.

4)Starting a company is more about determination than skills. That's why most of the greatest programmers are not billionaires. According to paul graham, startup founders are always relentlessly resourceful. Check companies like pinterest,airbnb,konga e.t.c their founders had little or no programming skills. You have to understand that building the product is just part of the circle of starting a company. The most important stuff is building something that people love. This is something no coding skill can ever give you, you will only have an advantage over non coders.

To wrap it all up, I will advice you read these essays by paul graham.
www.paulgraham.com/articles.html. It is very wonderful, it will really enlighten you on startups. Also read blake masters notes on peter thiels lectures.

3 Likes

Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by asalimpo(m): 10:59am On Dec 14, 2014
elvongray:
The simple advice I will give you is... Mold one. The same stuff we tell ladies when they are searching for a the perfect man. Jokes apart, I want you to consider these before you jump into a startup with any dick and harry.

1)How will you be able to convince a very good programmer to leave his/her high paying job to work with you on a startup that one is not sure is going to be successful. Anybody that have the skill you request will obviously be hot cake for big companies.

2)The irony of life is that people don't always believe really good ideas. According to peter thiel, it is really hard to convince people about a very good idea. So if you are able to convince a stranger(apart from your friends or relations) about your idea, it is crap.

3)Starting a company with someone is like going into a marriage with the startup as the baby. As we all know, marrying the wrong person is a disaster. This is the same with a startup. Don't EVER start a company with a stranger. It is one of the most stupid mistake one can make, because it is quite obvious. It is well known that the best people you can start a company with is people you know and have worked with before. This is very important, because the startup environment is a very stressful place to work in. It is there you begin to see the real person you took as a cofounder. The person may decide to bail on you or even backstab you. This are qualities you should know before you start a company with someone. it is always advised to start a company with someone you know and have worked with before. Don't ever start a company with someone because of his/her skills, start a company with someone you know you can work with.

4)Starting a company is more about determination than skills. That's why most of the greatest programmers are not billionaires. According to paul graham, startup founders are always relentlessly resourceful. Check companies like pinterest,airbnb,konga e.t.c their founders had little or no programming skills. You have to understand that building the product is just part of the circle of starting a company. The most important stuff is building something that people love. This is something no coding skill can ever give you, you will only have an advantage over non coders.

www.paulgraham.com/articles.html. It is very wonderful, it will really enlighten you on startups. Also read blake masters notes on peter thiels lectures.

I agree with you on some points.
Airbnb founders not programmers? I doubt.
But being a programmer doesnt mean you cant strt a successful business.
Konga and jumia, simply won by monopoly. They shudnt b mentioned on a global rankg of tech companies. Y?
The nigerian factor ,for one.
How many strtups does the country produce per time period,e.g a year, and at what rate?
I.T is dead here, so any1 with deep pockets and a tested idea can hit here and grab market space.
Notice all nigerian strtups of any measure of success got their idea and model tested for them by others. Eliminating the acceptance risk for them. E.g dealdey= groupon. (groupon tried d idea,it worked . Deal dey copied . Low risk to deal dey)
konga/jumia = amazon.
Nairaland = forums . (with a mix of fb,twitter etc)

soon an airbnb clone will arrive.

The issue still is,the nigerian mindset is still so anti risk.
That's y lilttle innovation has surfaced here.
Even in areas like fastfood , biggs premiered the concept here bf local copycats copied . Now, we hav, tantalizers, drumstix, chicken republic etc.

We just dont like thinkg outta d box or want to risk repeated failure.
Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 14, 2014
elvongray:

Thank you very much for your good insight. I have read peter's Zero to one and it has been of great help to me. Like I said before, I have built a real product and I have acquired real customers (paying customers). but u see my own philosophy about running a biz may be different from yours and from what some books write. I have a really great programmer on my team but I just need one more and am willing to offer the person a stake in the biz so he can have that sense of belonging. The kind of programmer/mentality am looking for wouldn't be aspiring to work for someone else. He is already out there doing something great and fun for himself.
As for the part of building a startup with a total stranger, I think I would take that seriously and not jump into admitting anybody I see on the basis of his skill. Thank you and God bless
Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by elvongray: 11:38am On Dec 14, 2014
asalimpo:

Konga and jumia, simply won by monopoly. They shudnt b mentioned on a global rankg of tech companies. Y?
How many strtups does the country produce per time period,e.g a year, and at what rate?
I.T is dead here, so any1 with deep pockets and a tested idea can hit here and grab market space.
Notice all nigerian strtups of any measure of success got their idea and model tested for them by others. Eliminating the acceptance risk for them. E.g dealdey= groupon. (groupon tried d idea,it worked . Deal dey copied . Low risk to deal dey)
konga/jumia = amazon.

Even in areas like fastfood , biggs premiered the concept here bf local copycats copied . Now, we hav, tantalizers, drumstix, chicken republic etc.

Guy you didn't understand me. I'm not implying that programmers can't start great companies. I was implying that most programmers make the mistake of believing that their coding skills will see them through in building a great company. This my friend, is not true. Building a great company needs more than coding skills. That's why a non programmer can start a great company. Steve jobs for example
Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 14, 2014
asalimpo:

konga/jumia = amazon.

I totally agree with you in the area of "Copy and Paste" of business ideas. People go to copy other ideas from western countries with little or no modification hoping it would work in Nigeria. Jumia is not yet a profitable company in Nigeria and other African countries because their was no eCommerce industry prior to their arrival so they first had to build the industry before they talk about profits. look at Iroko TV, only 3% of their revenue comes from Nigeria because the industry is still at its infancy. Am sure Jason knew this that was why he focused on advanced nations first where the industry is mature enough in terms of infrastructure and mentality of people living there.

You can read about Jumia's profitability here http://techcabal.com/2014/11/18/key-observations-jumia-nigerian-ecommerce-rocket-internets-proven-winners-report/
Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by phpier: 11:51am On Dec 14, 2014
please chk ur inbox
Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 14, 2014
elvongray:

Guy you didn't understand me. I'm not implying that programmers can't start great companies. I was implying that most programmers make the mistake of believing that their coding skills will see them through in building a great company. This my friend, is not true. Building a great company needs more than coding skills. That's why a non programmer can start a great company. Steve jobs for example

Steve certainly wasn't a programmer. But then you failed to also consider that he was obviously a techy person. He never started out with building a software company. Steve started with building a Personal Computer! his first real product was the apple 2 cus He knew how transistors work, he knew how to put small electronic components together and make them work. Most of all he had a great product design skill, He was an artist and could draw his imaginations and have them made into a product.

Now lets go over to people that built software products from scratch, they were definitely great programmers. Paul Graham of Ycombinator, Bill gates, Zucks, Airbnb guys, larry page not to mention a few!
Non programmers definitely make good founders too but its a lot better when you have both great business skill and a programming skill. Am not a programmer. I am first a business man then a UI/UX developer with little skill in programming.

Cheers
Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by elvongray: 12:09pm On Dec 14, 2014
9japipper:

Steve certainly wasn't a programmer. But then you failed to also consider that he was obviously a techy person. He never started out with building a software company. Steve started with building a Personal Computer! his first real product was the apple 2 cus He knew how transistors work, he knew how to put small electronic components together and make them work. Most of all he had a great product design skill, He was an artist and could draw his imaginations and have them made into a product.

Now lets go over to people that built software products from scratch, they were definitely great programmers. Paul Graham of Ycombinator, Bill gates, Zucks, Airbnb guys, larry page not to mention a few!
Non programmers definitely make good founders too but its a lot better when you have both great business skill and a programming skill. Am not a programmer. I am first a business man then a UI/UX developer with little skill in programming.

Cheers

Yes it is very important to possess the skills to start a tech company, the point I'm just emphasising is that, having those skills alone is not enough. The key quality of great company founders is that they were relentlessly resourceful. Building a great company is really hard. Something ones expertise alone cannot do.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by GodMode: 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2014
elvongray:

elvongray:

Yes it is very important to possess the skills to start a tech company, the point I'm just emphasising is that, having those skills alone is not enough. The key quality of great company founders is that they were relentlessly resourceful. Building a great company is really hard. Something ones expertise alone cannot do.

Where did u copy this rubbish from

The greatest programmers love to code that's why they don't involve themselves in management.. money is not an issue to them..

Most of them may not be billionaires but they are millionaires or "thousanaires" who live simple and comfortable lifestyles...
Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by elvongray: 6:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
GodMode:

Where did u copy this rubbish from

The greatest programmers love to code that's why they don't involve themselves in management.. money is not an issue to them..

Most of them may not be billionaires but they are millionaires or "thousanaires" who live simple and comfortable lifestyles...

Nigerians! Read and reflect before you comment. I didn't say that great programmers can't build a great company, i said that building a company involves more than expertise.
Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by GodMode: 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2014
elvongray:

Nigerians! Read and reflect before you comment. I didn't say that great programmers can't build a great company, i said that building a company involves more than expertise.

You need to read and understand before u comment. You are focusing on the finances so I commented based on that.

How would u say building a company involves more than expertise

Who says such bulls**t
Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by asalimpo(m): 10:43am On Dec 15, 2014
elvongray:

Huh! clarify please.
Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by Ymodulus: 7:05pm On Dec 15, 2014
9japipper:
Dear Nairaland Programmers, I am in real need of a good programmer to join me in a project. I have built something to real traction and I have acquired real paying customers. The person must be very good in the following:

Php
Mysql
JavaScript
Ajax
Json
Jquerry
Infact all librarys of Java Script.
HTML and CSS

Please I dnt need someone that is still learning and trying to get things together. The person must be clinical and organized in writting codes.
He must be able to work under real pressure and also function in the capacity of a Cofounder.
Please If you are not passionate and really good at what you do, dont contact me.
hcnnalue@gmail.com

You didn't really outline the benefits from your co-partnership request except the fact that you are beginning to get payments from your clients.

Also guy i do like to tell you that you cant get a programmer of the above listed qualities in Nigeria and he wants to work for free. Its close to impossible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by guente02(m): 11:50pm On Dec 15, 2014
asalimpo:

Huh! clarify please.
I think he meant doing so would require more than just the programming skill (expertise).
I albeit cant be so certain that im correct.
Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
Ymodulus:

You didn't really outline the benefits from your co-partnership request except the fact that you are beginning to get payments from your clients.

Also guy i do like to tell you that you cant get a programmer of the above listed qualities in Nigeria and he wants to work for free. Its close to impossible.

Heheh Thank you brother.
Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by Raypawer(m): 8:47am On Dec 16, 2014
elvongray:

oh brother, {the number 4} u made my morning, after a long night of fighting with long coding... ha, what an advise!

1 Like

Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 07, 2015
I am still ery much in need of a programmer.
Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by fourtuna(f): 7:58pm On Jan 07, 2015
9japipper:
I am still ery much in need of a programmer.

Not suprised...
Re: I Need A Really Good Programmer As partner by Nobody: 12:48am On Jan 19, 2015
elvongray:

pls who again apart from Steve jobs.
besides Steve jobs won't be where he was when he is still alive if not because of the excellent programmers beside him.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Need Of A Programmer / Software Developer Needed / Online Nursary/PrimarySecondary School Management Systems (PHPmySQL)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.