Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,977 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp . (2016 Views)

Gyang Pwajok Is Dead (PDP Governorship Aspirant) / Emeka Ihedioha, Imo PDP Governorship Aspirant Buying Vegetable In The Market / Teslim Folarin Allegedly Shot (Wife Of Oyo State Governorship Aspirant) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp . by Johnnyessence(m): 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
The sitting Senator representing Kwara South in
National Assembly, Sule Ajibola as emerged
winner of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP)
Governorship primary in Kwara State. In a keenly contested primary, Ajibola beat the
first runner up, Barrister Dele Belgore (SAN)
who polled 132 votes with 12 votes .
Belgore was closely followed by Senator
Gbemisola Saraki who scored 113 to beat the
former Special Adviser to the President on
national Assembly matters who scored 107
votes to take fourth position.
Professor Abubakar Oba Abdulraheem, former
Chairman, Federal Character Commission, came
fifth with 58 votes while former Minister of
Sports and two-term Speaker, Kwara State
House of Assembly, Hon Bio Ibrahim scored 45.
Alhaji Hakeem Lawal, the scion of former
Governor of the state, late Admiral Mohammed
Lawal floored Industrialist and Technocrat,
Alhaji Jani Ibrahim to clinch the sixth position.
Lawal polled 33 votes while Jani Ibrahim and
Deacon John Dara scored 27 and 16 votes
respectively.
Engr Sunday Babalola scored 3 votes; Arch Kale
Belgore former Commissioner, Lands and
Housing under Ex -Governor Bukola
Sarakiscored only one vote while Alhaji Abdulahi
Sanusi from Kaiama Local Government has no
vote.
Our Correspondent reports that a total of 680
delegates were accredited out of the total 709
accredited delegates for the Governorship
primary.
29 delegates were absent from the governorship
primary while two votes were voided.
Our Correspondent reports that though there
was tight security, the election was however
conducted under a serene and peaceful
atmosphere.
Accreditation stated at about 10.40 pm on
Thursday while voting commenced at 1.28 am
and ended at 3.27 am on Friday.
Our Correspondent reports that Governor
Suswan had earlier held about 12 hours close
door meeting with the 12 aspirants, party
executive members and PDP Elders to fine tune
modalities for conducting a credible primary.
The State Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Salihu
Garba personally superintended over the
security of the venue to prevent break down of
law and order.
Speaking after declaring Ajibola winner,
Governor Suswan commended all the aspirants
for the way they conducted themselves and
displaying high sense of maturity.
He said that the outcome of the primary was a
demonstration of internal democracy which PDP
believed so much in as means of deepening the
country fledgling democracy.
Suswan further expressed satisfaction that the
election took place without rancour and called
on all aspirants and stake holders to work
together towards winning the 2015 general
elections.
In his acceptance speech, Senator Ajibola
expressed gratitude to all delegates and the
party faithful for giving him their votes.
He declared, “We are all winners in this election
as there is no victor, no vanquished in this
Governorship Primary and indeed in all
primaries of PDP in Kwara".
"I urge that we should all work together to
make to ensure that today’s victory translate
into winning Kwara for PDP in 2015”.
Ajibola therefore enjoined his Co - aspirants
and PDP to make his emergence as the party’s
flag bearer to be the end of slavery in Kwara.
The flag bearer extended hands of fellowship to
his co- contestants, promising to deliver the
Government to PDP in 2015.
Ajibola said; “I am a winner; five times I have
stood up in elections against Sarakis and five
times, I defeated them flatly”.
According to him, the confidence the Party
reposed in him by giving him the ticket has re-
emboldened and gave him hope that he would
floor Senator Bukola Saraki led APC
Government in Kwara again.
One of the aspirants, Deacon John Dara
congratulated Ajibola for his victory and lauded
the outcome of the primary.
All other aspirants also joined Dara in
commending organizers of the primary, state
and national bodies of PDP for providing level
plain ground and conducting the election in free,
fair and transparent manner.
The aspirants further commended PDP for
ensuring that the primary has at last made the
party wax stronger and united to face the
challenges of winning the 2015 elections.
The aspirants expressed satisfaction on the
outcome of the primary as it has doused all
doubts that the exercise would be the albatross
that would shatter the party into shreds. m.dailytimes.com.ng/article/16069/senator-ajibola-emerges-pdp-governorship-flag-bearer-in-kwara/
Re: For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp . by IKJ66(m): 8:26pm On Dec 13, 2014
DOES IT MSKE ANY DIFFERENCE !!!!
Re: For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp . by laimo(m): 8:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
Thank God!

Another victory for the sweetest party in Africa APC!

1 Like

Re: For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp . by tit(f): 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
laimo:
Thank God!

Another victory for the sweetest party in Africa APC!

bigot!
we shall reclaim ilorin from gambari and afonjas like you.

3 Likes

Re: For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp . by holatin(m): 8:51pm On Dec 13, 2014
Religion is making everything messy.

1 Like

Re: For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp . by temitemi1(m): 9:05pm On Dec 13, 2014
People of kwara must be freed from bukola grip.
Re: For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp . by Nairalander01: 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2014
Re: For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp . by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 13, 2014
God bless my state kwara. For now am ready to vote for anybody as long as it is PDP in my state. We are tired of those looters in our state (bukola saraki and co).
Re: For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp . by Rendezvou: 10:13pm On Dec 13, 2014
I want Bukola to loose his political lordship but not sure of the credibility of this Ajibola. What has he done for Kwarans as a senator?

1 Like

Re: For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp . by Desric(m): 10:42pm On Dec 13, 2014
Last resort and strategy by PDP = whip up religious sentiments I think this is the only campaign point for PDP come 2015, vote for us for continued impunity and corruption, vote for us because we are Christians and the others are not.
Re: For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp . by Bruteforce101: 10:46pm On Dec 13, 2014
Teedoe25:
God bless my state kwara. For now am ready to vote for anybody as long as it is PDP in my state. We are tired of those looters in our state (bukola saraki and co).

Really? But this same Bukola decamped recently from the PDP. He was a governor under PDP, you were not tired of him then. How come you now hate him when he decamped. Lolzzz
Re: For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp . by tit(f): 12:07am On Dec 14, 2014
Rendezvou:
I want Bukola to loose his political lordship but not sure of the credibility of this Ajibola. What has he done for Kwarans as a senator?

good question. I do not know this Ajibola. I hope he is not a questionable character.

Bruteforce101:

Really? But this same Bukola decamped recently from the PDP. He was a governor under PDP, you were not tired of him then. How come you now hate him when he decamped. Lolzzz

This your question should be directed at APC people who are even giving people who defected overnight tickets.
Re: For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp . by mikolo80: 3:30am On Dec 14, 2014
Teedoe25:
what have you(kwarans) done to show this so called tiredness.no be by mouth o.i am yet to see any serious politician that will take n bukola successfully o.
Re: For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp . by manck2: 3:33am On Dec 14, 2014
Kwara state had many Christian governor before.
Re: For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp . by Nobody: 5:35am On Dec 14, 2014
Desric:
Last resort and strategy by PDP = whip up religious sentiments I think this is the only campaign point for PDP come 2015, vote for us for continued impunity and corruption, vote for us because we are Christians and the others are not.
Who is whipping up religious sentiments? Was religion mentioned anywhere in the report? Didn't you see how close the contest was? I think if anyone is whipping up religious sentiments, it is you and the op for changing the topic
Re: For The First Time Christian Governorship Aspirant Emerge In Kwara State Pdp . by khattab008: 7:20am On Dec 14, 2014
Better luck next time, easy ride for Gov. Abdulfatah.

Funny thing is, he is more concerned about defeating Saraki, than giving an overview of what Kwarans should expect from him.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News:APC And PDP Change Zoning Formular,Prof Osibanjo Is Powerful / Nigerian Election Polls: Incumbent Jonathan In A Double-digit Lead Over Buhari / #nigeriadecides: Polling Results Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.