Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,566 members, 7,801,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! (20654 Views)

Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients / How To Treat A Vaginal Infection With A Clove Of Garlic / How To Use Onions To Treat Urinary Tract Infections, Dry Cough, Hypertension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by Mickey7(m): 4:36pm On Dec 14, 2014
He walks past them and they turn to have a good look at him. They laugh,make jokes about him with friends all the time. They remind him of how overweight he is given the slightest opportunity. Their smiles turn into frowns each time they have to sit beside him in a public vehicle. How he feels,no one cares.
This is the story of a fat guy.

I know you have laughed at an overweight person before. I have too.I was once like you.

Now think! Has anyone ever told you how large your ears were? How large your head was? How enormous your nose looked? How did you feel? Felt something other than good?It's the same way that overweight person feels each time you make jokes about his/her weight!

Instead of laughing at overweight people all the time,here is
WHAT YOU CAN DO;

---advise them to lose weight. Tell them about counting calories and exercise.

---Your fat friend decides to start working out and dieting,don't laugh,don't mock him/her. Support him/her.Be his/her fitness partner if you can.

I'm not saying you should pity him/her. If losing weight is going to make that friend happy,show support!

---You see an overweight guy jogging in the morning,don't laugh. Give him that encouraging smile.Clap
even.

---Don't be annoying. You laughed at the fat guy. Now he's lost the excess weight and you say he/she looks sick."e no con good for eyes". Seriously!

Being fat doesn't mean you can not live your life! Start working out and cultivate a good eating habit.No one is born fat.You can have that dream body no matter how overweight you are. Don't wallow in self pity and low self esteem.

WHAT TO DO.
---you need to accept that you are overweight and that you need to lose weight

---know what you want!

*Are you happy being fat? If yes,stay away from people who are always reminding you about how fat you are!learn to love yourself.

*Or do you want to lose weight? Choose for yourself. Don't let what people say "as you fat see as you come fresh,fine,good for eye" stop you when what you really want is a slender body.

---learn to count calories. Go online! Learn all you need to about counting calories.

---Workout. It can be quite challenging and requires so much discipline. But don't worry,it'll pay off. You can Look for fun ways to exercise. That way you lose weight while having fun.

P:S It's not cool when you are always reminding people,pointing to those "off" physical features in them,most especially the ones that they cannot change about themselves. You may not know who you are pushing towards committing suicide! Change today! Accept others just the way they are! smiley

60 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by Longstride: 6:23pm On Dec 14, 2014
[b]

I know how it must feel when someone calls you "fatty" ...
or when you see nice attires that won't fit your form ...
or when others are doing sports or dancing or frolicking but you can't because you lack the self esteem ..knowing you might look funny to some people or attract attention...
or when people mockingly advise you to exercise.
[img]http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/915/d56/38b/resized/self-esteem-meme-generator-i-had-self-esteem-once-but-then-i-ate-it-c1209e.jpg?1356638196.jpg[/img]

There are two paths.
You either remain like that... Consoling yourself everytime you're hurt ..perhaps developing an emotional shield to stop what people say from affecting you, Accepting the fact that you're obese...maybe telling yourself stuff like "God made me this way ... I'm proud"

Denying the fact that you would be much more attractive and healthy-looking if you were fit, attracting better potential mates ...consoling yourself with stuff like
"real mates will like me for who I am inside ...not the physical".

Or you could save yourself the self-consolation, denial and possible depression....with a few months of hardwork and determination.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1942473_eu5wz05_jpeg20fc7938bf8aead860fcafb315a9a7e0

[/b]

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by Mickey7(m): 11:16am On Dec 15, 2014
Moderator could you please move this thread to the appropriate section?

1 Like

Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by PietroRico(m): 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
Smh
Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 10:46am On Dec 17, 2014
I was once guilty of this most especially when i see a lady on the"big" side but now i know better. Whenever i see anyone making efforts to keep fit and become healthy, i always motivate them.
Good one Poster.

9 Likes

Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 10:48am On Dec 17, 2014
PietroRico:
Smh
It seems you do not know the meaning of SMH. It means shaking my head. So the question now is why are you shaking your head? Or are you experiencing convulsion.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

It seems you do not know the meaning of SMH. It means shaking my head. So the question now is why are you shaking your head? Or are you experiencing convulsion.
Lol stop

1 Like

Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 2:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
excelsia:
Lol stop
Don't mind the dude. How do you treat a person undergoing convulsion?
Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

Don't mind the dude. How do you treat a person undergoing convulsion?
Lol do you really want to know or you're still looking for trouble?
Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by Isiterere(m): 9:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
Don't call them fat.....

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by lilmax(m): 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
Next, ways not to treat a skinny guy?

5 Likes

Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by teemanbastos(m): 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
ok...

Ok...

I aff hear.
Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by reknownedmarsk(m): 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
vote BUHARI/OSIBANJO den u loose a lot of fat u have due to dah foolish otuoke man policies

2 Likes

Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by TheRealAdonye(m): 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
Interesting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by omanifrank(m): 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
interesting
Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by valmunich(m): 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
Eff this!
Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by Cymbal: 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
Really,i don't c anytin awkward in a guy being fat.

3 Likes

Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by Beesluv: 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
Noted. Where are my fat friends
Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by natureblack(m): 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
Really undecided

6 Likes

Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by yungcyrus(m): 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
I no fit carry my Orobo, buh we go Marry............*in SoundSultans voice*
Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by Nimblemind(m): 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
cheesy grin

7 Likes

Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by okotv(m): 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
I once did but with age things are clearer now....

#campaingagainststigmatizingfatfolks
Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by chukwusi(m): 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
I hope my colleague see this topic
Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by Alexgeneration(m): 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
Please be nice to fat people,they can save ur life someday.
Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by Cymbal: 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by Anaskie(m): 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
reknownedmarsk:
vote BUHARI/OSIBANJO den u loose a lot of fat u have due to dah foolish otuoke man policies
Bros, please how does this relate to the topic?

3 Likes

Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
PietroRico:
Smh
lilmax:
Hmmm
teemanbastos:
ok...
Ok...
I aff hear.
reknownedmarsk:
vote BUHARI/OSIBANJO den u loose a lot of fat u have due dah foolish otuoke man policies
valmunich:
Eff this!
lilmax:
Hmmm
Cymbal:
Really?
lilmax:
Hmmm
S.BAN crew, how much una wan sell dose hacres of land na?

1 Like

Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by eleko1: 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
embarassed
Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by iceberylin(m): 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
Noted cool
Re: Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
Konvicta3:
k

For kola nut grin

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does ALABUKUN, 7up And LIME Work For Abortion? / Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP); What You Should Know / COVID-19 Vaccination Painfree, Says Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.