Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,846 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:17 AM

S - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / S (6063 Views)

Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him / Any Hope For A Graduate After Six Years Of Joblessness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: S by DoTheNeedful: 11:52am On Dec 15, 2014
valuka:
Please Nairalanders, help this very good friend of mine.
She graduated second best in her class (Bsc) and came out tops in her Msc (4.93).
Yet has not been lucky enough with job hunting.

If it is in your capabilty to help her, please do and God will bless you abundantly.

Below is her CV:

PERSONAL DATA:
Name: IGWE, ADAKU CHRISTINA
Date of Birth: April 27, 1987
Place of Birth: Orlu, Imo State.
Sex: Female
Marital Status: Single
Nationality: Nigerian
Town and State of Origin: Umuahia, Abia State.

L.G.A of Origin: Umuahia North
Senatorial District: Abia Central
Contact Address: 14 Timber road, Umuahia, Abia State.
Phone number: 0806393
Email address: @yahoo.com

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
M. Sc Soil Chemistry and Mineralogy (Distinction)
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia Stat. 2014

(b) B. Agric. Soil Science (2nd Class Upper Division)
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture,
Umudike, Abia State 2009

(c) Senior Secondary School Certificate (WASSCE)
Federal Government Girls’ College, Umuahia
Abia State. 2003

(d) First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC)

Urban Primary School I, Umuahia, Abia State 1997

Prizes
Best graduating female student in the College of Crop and Soil Sciences, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike 2008/2009 session

Federal Government Scholarship Award for postgraduate students studying in Nigeria 2011 and 2012.

WORK EXPERIENCE
(a) Crestville College, Sagamu,
Ogun State (NYSC) Jul. 2009 – Jun. 2010

Tutored students on science courses
Prepared teaching notes for all classes taught
Prepared exams and assessed my students on what they were taught

(b)Teaching and Research farm
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
(Industrial Attachment) Jan. 2007 – Dec. 2007

Independently and sensitively managed the teaching and agricultural research extension farm with a 90 % success result
Assisted in the development and implementation of market survey
Made independent sales calls in local areas.

SPECIAL ASSIGNMENTS/COMMUNITY SERVICE
Tourism and Entertainment Community Development Service in Sagamu, Ogun State (National Youth Service Corps) Batch B 2009.

MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
Member of the Soil Science Society of Nigeria (SSSN).

EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
Reading news magazines and professional articles
Reading motivational books
Meeting and making new friends

PUBLICATIONS
Onwuka, M.I. and Igwe, A.C. (2010)
Effect of types of organic waste on soil contaminated with spent
engine oil in Umuahia Metropolis, Abia state.
Journal of Environmental Sciences and Resource Management. 2:71-80. www.cenresin.org

Conference papers
Igwe, A.C. and Nwachukwu, O.I. (2014)
Effect of paint effluent on selected growth parameters, fruit quality and heavy metal concentration in plant tissues of okra (Abelmoschus esculentus).
A paper presented in the 38th Annual Conference of the Soil Science Society of Nigeria, University of Uyo, Akwa ibom State, Nigeria. 10-14th March, 2014.

Nwachukwu, O.I., Igwe, A.C. and Chilekezi, C. (2014)
An overview of techniques for remediation of the contaminated soil environment: implications for applicability and sustainability in Nigeria.
A paper presented in the maiden conference of the National Engineering Society held at Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike. May 7-9, 2014.

REFEREES

Nwachukwu Olayinka .I. (Ph.D),
Department of Soil Science and Meteorology,
Umudike,
Abia State.

Nwagbara, M.O. (Ph.D),
Department of Soil Science & Meteorology,
Umudike,
Abia State.

Akinmutimi, A.L. (Ph.D),
Department of Soil Science & Meteorology,
Umudike,
Abia State.

Thanks and may God bless you as you help her.

N.B.
Scammers please spare her, she has nothing to offer you.

Please moderators, you can help her as well by pushing this to the front page.

*Updated;
Her location is Umuahia (Abia state) and she is ever willing to relocate.

She has NEVER been selective in her job hunt.

She has tried her possible best to secure any job at all in her school with no success.

If she has the capital, she would have been self-employed by now or would have updated her CV with some certifications.

You can still help out by copiying, edicting and distributing her CV.

Did you get her permission before posting her entire life on a public forum for the whole world to see? angry
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: S by aieromon(m): 12:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
She should set her priorities straight and narrow down her job hunt to academic and research based work.

She can have her PhD in the next five years if she decides to follow this path.
Re: S by Meel: 1:10pm On Dec 15, 2014
Thebrightest:
In Nigeria of today, getting a job relating to your field is like a white elephant project. To think aloud about your predicament, See the kind course wey u go read sef, you come dey find white collar job? Madam let me tell you the gospel truth like the bible, if you keep searching for job in that your field in this country, you will grow white hairs trying. My advice to you is that you should find something else to do, or else you go drink garri taya.
bro am a animal production and health undergraduate. Ant chance of employment for me.
Please reply asap
Re: S by Meel: 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
sonssyo:

her course is an error in nigeria, she can be employed in private sector easily. but why is it dat her schl did nt take her and dey hv been recruiting
as an unda graduateof animal production and health, do i stand on d same stage with her. Are my chances of being employ the same.
Re: S by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
benzion72:
My advise for her since she a first class material let her start her PhD. Also she should check the spiritual aspect of her being MFM weekend deliverance is a good starting point. I have seen people who go for deliverance and the got their job instantly.

I really can't handle you,Lol....
Re: S by MisterMan(m): 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2014
She has very good grades. Getting job shouldn't be too difficult. Seems she is doing one thing or the other wrong. Wish I could give her a job. However, I can help her in sending her resume. I will help her in writing the resume, however, I will need her number and e-mail address. I don't to leave my email or number here for obvious reasons. Please log on to our website: www.getemployedquickly.com?source=helpnojob&website=Nairaland
Get our contact number and call. As I said I need her phone number and e-mail address
How can I help? The company I work for is into this stuff. They have a website called getemployedquickly which from the name you guess what it is all about. We act as aggregator, looking for jobs all over the internet and print media for vacancies. We put this in our database. We also have a database of applicants. So we match applicants with available jobs, craft high-grade and targeted resume and then send, together, with cover letter to the employer. A copy of it is sent to the applicant. It is fee-based, but I will help her in paying for the service.

Let her quickly send those two items and send as SMS. All the other information will be gotten from the resume. All she needs to do more than ever is to hone her interviewing skillsI wish her well. We have some technologies which she will benefit from. We have ResumePerfect which helps in generating first-grade resume. We also have ScamGuad and ScamAssasin technology; which help in eliminating scam jobs. You will agree with me that the menace of scam jobs is alarming. God bless you my sister
Re: S by sonssyo: 7:29pm On Dec 18, 2014
Meel:
as an unda graduateof animal production and health, do i stand on d same stage with her. Are my chances of being employ the same.

hail no my dear,destiny differs
Re: S by Atk1nson(m): 8:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
Itulah:
Am sorry, with what she read, I do not see her to be employable in this model Nigeria. Let her try other develop country like US who put in more in Agric. What is Soil Chemistry by the way? Am just say, don`t get mad undecided
forget dat side, course matters little in Nigeria. Do ur research well
Re: S by chyna4luv: 9:01pm On Dec 18, 2014
donigspain2:
They are now more interested in WHAT SKILL YOU ARE BRINGING TO THE TABLE.
I love your write up joor!
"Employers needs what you will bring to their tables and NOT your Degrees!"
It reminds me of the job interview I did early last month with a Bank(name withheld) where the panels asked me, "what will I bring to their take if I am employed?"

After one week, I was called for a second and last stage of the recruitment respectively. I am now working with them in the bank and not a marketer again, and the pay is okay.
I have changed jobs this year and attended different interviews.

The OP should tell the girl with Msc to change her mentality. People are changing from one job to another yet she is saying there is no job. She should remove her Msc and apply for small jobs like DSA, office assistant etc and get good experience to help her get a juicy one at a future time.That is what I did. I've two yrs DSA, one yr CCO & one yr Secretary experience.

I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: S by Rapture07: 5:06am On Dec 19, 2014
I feel her pain. But broda she's not informed that's y she has no job. Just looking at her cv, she lacks Job experience. Som1 with a 2.2 and good work experience would be in a better position than her. My advice is that she explores the vast opportunity made available in field of agric. Our president has pumped so much resources in that field, both for those wanting a scholarship and those who want to be entrepreneurs in that field.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Directions To Providence Street, Lekki Phase 1 / DISCLAIMER: DSS Is Not Recruiting, Warns Public Against Scammers / Job Vacancies For This Week.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.