Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Thread For PHD Students - Education (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread For PHD Students (325743 Views)

Which University In Nigeria or abroad Accepts 3.0 Msc Grade For Phd Admission? / 4 Good Reason Why You Should Go For Phd And 7 Bad Reasons Why You Should Not / Presidential Scholarship Scheme For Ist Class Nigerian Graduates For Phd Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 2:06am On Sep 06, 2018
lizzybett:
Hello Everyone,

I have a Bsc and Msc in Management. I intend to begin my PhD studies as soon as possible and I'm looking at being fully -funded. I have actually gotten admission into two schools in the UK, but i wasn't given a scholarship. One of the requirements for obtaining studentship is having relevant research experience and I only have experience doing my MSC and BSC thesis. Please, I will appreciate suggestions on how to get relevant research experience or be part of publications so as to increase my chances of obtaining a studentship. Thanks

You can start by publishing both your Bsc and MSc thesis in a respected and internationally acceptable journals.

Read your theses again and again. Re-write it to fit to fit the selected journal format and styles. After you publish both, you can start working on a newer research related to your Proposed PhD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by edimolu(m): 9:19am On Sep 06, 2018
wip7:

Sorry for late response. I have been on vacation and traveling various Countries where I am having limited access to my computer.
sir i am still yet to get a response from you, am the food science guy
Re: Thread For PHD Students by clumsydyna: 9:52am On Sep 06, 2018
lizzybett:
Hello Everyone,

I have a Bsc and Msc in Management. I intend to begin my PhD studies as soon as possible and I'm looking at being fully -funded. I have actually gotten admission into two schools in the UK, but i wasn't given a scholarship. One of the requirements for obtaining studentship is having relevant research experience and I only have experience doing my MSC and BSC thesis. Please, I will appreciate suggestions on how to get relevant research experience or be part of publications so as to increase my chances of obtaining a studentship. Thanks

I have sent you a message already, please reply it so we can proceed.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by lizzybett: 10:54am On Sep 06, 2018
clumsydyna:

I have sent you a message already, please reply it so we can proceed.

Replied you.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by lizzybett: 10:57am On Sep 06, 2018
wip7:

You can start by publishing both your Bsc and MSc thesis in a respected and internationally acceptable journals.

Read your theses again and again. Re-write it to fit to fit the selected journal format and styles. After you publish both, you can start working on a newer research related to your Proposed PhD.

Thanks for your response Prof. Please could you suggest internationally recognised journals I could publish in? Thank you
Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2018
edimolu:

sir i am still yet to get a response from you, am the food science guy

Thank you. Please check your email I replied you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2018
lizzybett:

Thanks for your response Prof. Please could you suggest internationally recognised journals I could publish in? Thank you

Kindly read few pages back on my comments and response. Any journals published by Elsevier, Springer, Taylor & Francis, Wiley ...locate the mentioned publisher and check for journals related to your research.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by edimolu(m): 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2018
wip7:

Thank you. Please check your email I replied you.
Got it sir, i have replied....please do check your mail...thanks
Re: Thread For PHD Students by lizzybett: 2:32pm On Sep 06, 2018
wip7:

Kindly read few pages back on my comments and response. Any journals published by Elsevier, Springer, Taylor & Francis, Wiley ...locate the mentioned publisher and check for journals related to your research.

Okay. Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 4:26pm On Sep 06, 2018
edimolu:

Got it sir, i have replied....please do check your mail...thanks

No message from you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by edimolu(m): 5:04pm On Sep 06, 2018
wip7:

No message from you.
my email has been misbehaving, anytime i send a message it drops it in my outbox without sending...

i have replied sir with my gmail account...please
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Profeme: 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2018
Prof Wip7, following your suggested areas in computing that I can research on,my topic is on E- health system in Nigerian hospital with emphasis on deployment on secured cloud environment.

I need suggestions on writing a proposal for this topic and any information needed to write the thesis and publish the result in reputable journal.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by fishguide(m): 2:12am On Sep 09, 2018
A thread dedicated to only student in the penultimate and final year of all educational institution in Nigeria. Research at this stage is a protocol that can never be an option in our great nation.

so what happens when you are face with a research work that seems like an unsurmountable problem? it's either you face it or walk away. the latter is never an option that is the reason i am creating this thread to be of assistant to you with your research work.

feel confident and tell me if you need a profession touch on your research/ project work. (08168261081)

I hope to hear from you soon

Best wishes

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by czay(m): 2:14am On Sep 09, 2018
Greetings to you all.

I had a Bsc in Mathematics science (first class) and I just completed my MSc in Applied Mathematics (distinction) all from Unilag.
I want to pursue my PhD but I want seek for a career guide in other not to make a grave mistakes.

My concerns now is my MSc thesis is on numerical analysis and I want to know how viable is numerical analysis in the present field of applied mathematics.
If viable what area of numerical analysis can I chose to pursue in my PhD or perhaps any other field of applied mathematics that I can pursue that is very profitable or can I say that will be of greater value in comparison to others in Nigeria or abroad.

Though I'm currently working on publishing my MSc thesis in an international or local journal.
I'm hopeful to start my PhD next year by God's grace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2018
czay:
Greetings to you all.

I had a Bsc in Mathematics science (first class) and I just completed my MSc in Applied Mathematics (distinction) all from Unilag.
I want to pursue my PhD but I want seek for a career guide in other not to make a grave mistakes.

My concerns now is my MSc thesis is on numerical analysis and I want to know how viable is numerical analysis in the present field of applied mathematics.
If viable what area of numerical analysis can I chose to pursue in my PhD or perhaps any other field of applied mathematics that I can pursue that is very profitable or can I say that will be of greater value in comparison to others in Nigeria or abroad.

Though I'm currently working on publishing my MSc thesis in an international or local journal.
I'm hopeful to start my PhD next year by God's grace.

Nice pathway you have taken.

Numerical analysis majorly applies algorithms to solve problems in continuous mathematics, but in most cases, these algorithms do not seek exact answers, which are typically impossible to obtain in practice. Hence, numerical analysis.

From personal exposure to applied maths and my scientific background, I will suggest you go PhD in Computational Biology & Numerical Analysis, the computational biology is increasingly demanding field in developed countries and the application of computational biology has extensively being used to solve biological problems such as sequence alignment, gene finding, genome assembly, protein structure prediction, gene expression analysis and protein-protein interactions, and the modelling of evolution.

Best wishes!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 6:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
Profeme:
Prof Wip7, following your suggested areas in computing that I can research on,my topic is on E- health system in Nigerian hospital with emphasis on deployment on secured cloud environment.

I need suggestions on writing a proposal for this topic and any information needed to write the thesis and publish the result in reputable journal.

Kindly visit some of my comments in previous pages, you will see how you can search for published research/titles in reputable journals using keywords.

So use the keywords in your proposed research, find related work, see what has been done, what is missing and get an idea for writing your Proposal.

Best wishes!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by czay(m): 7:51am On Sep 10, 2018
wip7:

Nice pathway you have taken.

Numerical analysis majorly applies algorithms to solve problems in continuous mathematics, but in most cases, these algorithms do not seek exact answers, which are typically impossible to obtain in practice. Hence, numerical analysis.

From personal exposure to applied maths and my scientific background, I will suggest you go PhD in Computational Biology & Numerical Analysis, the computational biology is increasingly demanding field in developed countries and the application of computational biology has extensively being used to solve biological problems such as sequence alignment, gene finding, genome assembly, protein structure prediction, gene expression analysis and protein-protein interactions, and the modelling of evolution.

Best wishes!

Thank you very much sir.

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by ernesterioo(f): 8:30am On Sep 10, 2018
Please who has links of peer to peer journals one can publish for free and less than 15k.
Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 9:28am On Sep 10, 2018
ernesterioo:
Please who has links of peer to peer journals one can publish for free and less than 15k.

All reputable Journals are FREE of Charge....You don't pay zero kobos...I have published over 50 SCI of high impact factors and top researches in reputable journals and I have never once pay for publishing.

Kindly visit Elsevier, Springer, Taylor & Francis and Willey Publishers, all their Journals are reputable, indexed in SCI/SSCI, AHCI and acceptable worldwide and are FREE to publish.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For PHD Students by transbut5(m): 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2018
wip7:

All reputable Journals are FREE of Charge....You don't pay zero kobos...I have published over 50 SCI of high impact factors and top researches in reputable journals and I have never once pay for publishing.

Kindly visit Elsevier, Springer, Taylor & Francis and Willey Publishers, all their Journals are reputable, indexed in SCI/SSCI, AHCI and acceptable worldwide and are FREE to publish.

Good day prof.
I'm still waiting for your reply. I guess you're quite busy. I sent a soft reminder as well. I'm the energy storage guy. Thanks
Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2018
transbut5:

Good day prof.
I'm still waiting for your reply. I guess you're quite busy. I sent a soft reminder as well. I'm the energy storage guy. Thanks
I know...what I want to send u will involve me to log onto the journals sites which currently I don’t have access until I return from field to the country side!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by tataiwo09(m): 8:51pm On Sep 10, 2018
Good evening Prof. sir. I saw this as your signature sir

"Email: (skull4una@gmail.com). Email me your documents for admission to EMU, CSU, METU, CIU"

Please kindly shed more light sir on this admission programme.

Is it for PhD or other programmes? In which country? Requirement sir?

Thanks in advance sir
Re: Thread For PHD Students by ernesterioo(f): 10:03am On Sep 11, 2018
wip7:

Thanks alot
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Salvationone: 5:46pm On Sep 11, 2018
Good day house,
You guys are doing great job.
Please I need your advice.
Am currently running my Msc in accounting (Caleb university,Imota,Lagos.)
I need your view,hope there will not be issue when applying for Phd.
Thank you
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 11, 2018
Salvationone:
Good day house,
You guys are doing great job.
Please I need your advice.
Am currently running my Msc in accounting (Caleb university,Imota,Lagos.)
I need your view,hope there will not be issue when applying for Phd.
Thank you

Our view on what?? What type of issues are you anticipating when applying for PhD?
Re: Thread For PHD Students by wip7: 10:30am On Sep 12, 2018
tataiwo09:
Good evening Prof. sir. I saw this as your signature sir

"Email: (skull4una@gmail.com). Email me your documents for admission to EMU, CSU, METU, CIU"

Please kindly shed more light sir on this admission programme.

Is it for PhD or other programmes? In which country? Requirement sir?

Thanks in advance sir

Those are for prospective students intending to study in Cyprus. There is a thread here on north Cyprus I have being providing support since 2009 on North Cyprus study...you can read more on the thread!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Officialhow(m): 12:23pm On Sep 16, 2018
Yemziadez Are you still @NIMR I'm currently in biochemistry&nutrition dept. there
Re: Thread For PHD Students by YemziAdez(m): 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2018
Officialhow:
Yemziadez Are you still @NIMR I'm currently in biochemistry&nutrition dept. there
Cool.
Yes, I'll be there tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Thread For PHD Students by Officialhow(m): 6:16pm On Sep 16, 2018
YemziAdez:

Cool.
Yes, I'll be there tomorrow.
What dept are you?
Re: Thread For PHD Students by YemziAdez(m): 7:41pm On Sep 16, 2018
Officialhow:

What dept are you?
Oops, apologies.
Public Health (Molecular Entomology laboratory).
Just beneath your floor (smiles).
Re: Thread For PHD Students by Animesh789: 9:07am On Sep 21, 2018
All the aspirants who wish to appear for TSPSC Exam after completion of their Master Degree must apply for TSPSC Exam 2018. The examination is conducted for providing Jobs in Telangana Government.
Get more details about Latest TSPSC Notification Details

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (105) (Reply)

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.