Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

My Thoughts And Questions About Religion - Religion (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Thoughts And Questions About Religion (229223 Views)

Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Questions About Demon Possession - Nairaland Demonology Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 8:33am On Sep 27, 2019
REBOOTING YOUR BRAIN

I'm sure all atheists think Christian theology is eye-wateringly, head-shakingly, jaw-droppingly, foot-stompingly bonkers. The whole mess from original sin to God killing himself to forgive sin; from the return of Christ, to heaven and fiery hell is like a story told by Donald Trump after a long evening of spliffs and strong whiskey.

But it's not just sceptical atheists who think this. The gullible people who follow other religions think pretty much the same thing. How do you get from being a sensible, functioning accountant, office manager, architect or shop assistant to being a person, who not only thinks Christian theology is plausible, but is actually 100% certain it's true? And all without a scrap of evidence!

Furthermore, I can confidently predict that some Christians will turn up here, or in heir minds, to defend this implausible theology. They may say, if you understand it properly, it makes perfect sense, or they may resort to the 'spiritually blind people cannot perceive matters of the spirit' line. Otherwise sensible people will turn somersaults to assure us that black is white and hot is cold.

I've puzzled over this conundrum for years. One way I've come to understand it is to liken humans to computers. At the heart of every computer is a program that is etched into silicon called the BIOS. The BIOS looks after the basic functions of the machine like managing the computer's memory, processing inputs and outputs, and deciding what programs to load to get everything started. The BIOS is small but critical--the computer can't run without it.

Once you have the BIOS in place you can add an operating system (such as Windows) and applications such as word processing, graphics, and email. The applications do the clever stuff but they need the BIOS to be able to work.

In humans, early learning is like the BIOS in computers. It gives us basic capabilities like how to feed ourselves, understanding relationships and roles, language, toilet training, basic beliefs about the world and so on. The ideas that are programmed at this stage are the substrate that later learning builds on--think maths, science, accounting, drawing, house-building or whatever.

Bugs in a computer's BIOS don't necessarily cause catastrophic failure--they usually just cause strange things to happen from time-to-time. So it is with early learning. A person can usually function perfectly well most of the time when burdened with false beliefs, but occasionally they make bad decisions, or just sound bonkers...

Fortunately, a computer's BIOS can be updated and so can a person's early learning but it's not as straightforward as updating your email client. In humans, it's a journey that is often stressful and emotional. It takes time and much reflection to think through the implications the change will have on everything that relies on those early learning beliefs. It's like rebooting your brain.

But ask those who have done the upgrade, it's well worth the effort.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by CAPSLOCKED: 5:06pm On Sep 30, 2019
MY DAY, MADE.

7 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
MY DAY, MADE.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2019
GOD, ATHEISM AND SET THEORY

Logically, every god must be a member of one of two sets:

Set 1. The set of "Imaginary Deities", or

Set 2. The set of "Deities that exist or have existed"

You should assume any god you hear about is a member of Set 1, which is the default set. A god can only be elevated to Set 2 when it can be shown to exist or have existed.

As of today, Set 2 is a null set--it has no members. Therefore it is proper to assume no gods exist until it can be shown otherwise (don't hold your breath).

This is set theory, but it is also common sense. It is known as atheism.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 6:53pm On Oct 03, 2019
THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE

If you think the idea of God sacrificing his son to forgive our sins is bizarre, you should remember one thing; when this story was written, and for several thousand years before it, ritual sacrifice of animals and, sometimes humans, was an accepted way to win favour with gods and, the bigger the sacrifice, the more favour it would bring. The idea was a deeply-ingrained part of Iron Age culture--the Bible talks about it extensively. In those days it must have seemed as obvious to them, as it is obvious to us, that cars need fuel.

The novel twist the Christians brought was the idea of an ultimate sacrifice--a sacrifice so magnificent that it would bring incalculable benefits to mankind. What animal or human could be the ultimate sacrifice? Surely, the ultimate sacrifice is God himself.

When looked at like this, it kind-of makes sense. But, of course, if you think the very idea that ritual killing can improve the world is insane, you won't see it in the same way that Iron Age folk did.

The real mystery is why there are still people in the 21st century, who believe ritual sacrifice to win favour with God makes perfect sense. That really is a tough one.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 7:38am On Oct 07, 2019
HOW TO FIND GOD
Silently talk to yourself until you become convinced it's not you talking.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 11:43am On Oct 08, 2019
Did you see how that #SexForMark Pastor prayed for a "17" year old "admission seeker" before he proceeded to sexually harass her?

Why do Pastors use Jesus to shortchange those who trust them, yet behave noble in the outside?

I have never seen a more pretentious group like pastors. They invite you into their room, call upon Jesus for you, then outrightly abuse you.

There have been many occasions when pastors use religion to swingle their members.

In the market you'll hear something like "Brother Alfred, this trouser is 5k but because you're my member just pay 4k" But the sharp guy has swindled you with 2k!

Until the people are wise enough not to give their trust to religious leaders they will always remain victims of their Pastor's hypocrisy.

And if you come hear to play "No True Scotsman Fallacy" by claiming that "he is not a true pastor" I will 'pray' for you.

5 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 1:10pm On Oct 09, 2019
Know why we have stars?
God created them to give light to the earth.

Genesis 1:15

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 8:19am On Oct 11, 2019
THE GENESIS OF WISDOM

1. In the beginning, he created scepticism.
2. Now beliefs were formless and void.
3, And he said, "Let there be evidence" and the evidence formed light.
4. He saw it was good.
5. He called the light "enlightenment" and the darkness "ignorance". And this was the first day.
6. And he said, let there be logic to separate the true from the false.
7. So he made logic and it was so.
8. He called the truth "wisdom" and this was the second day.

Wouldn't this have been a better way to start everything?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 12:33pm On Oct 14, 2019
ARE ATHEISTS' MINDS CLOSED?

I've lost count of the number of times I've heard theists write off atheists as close-minded. Of course, this is not an argument for theism, nor is an argument against atheism. It is not an argument at all--it is an attempt to discredit atheists as people rather than show why the atheist's position is mistaken. Worse still, it is not even true. In fact, it is the complete opposite of the truth!

Atheists are not all the same but many, including me, would believe there is a god if there was a good reason to believe it. All we need is evidence and sound arguments and we will change our minds. What drives many of us is the wish to believe things that are true, and not to believe things that are false. That forces us to be as open-minded as humans can be.

But how open-minded are theists? How open-minded can you be if your beliefs are based on faith? No supporting evidence is necessary to form a faith-based belief, and no contrary evidence is sufficient to change it. Faith is independent of, and impervious to, evidence. That's about as close-minded as you can be.

Famously, Ken Ham said nothing could change his mind and many theists would echo that. That is the very definition of close-minded.

If you are a theist who believes there must be a god because you conclude that's the only reasonable explanation for the existence of the universe, or for the 'fine-tuned' laws of physics that make life possible, or for the existence of DNA, or whatever, then I have a question for you. Are you open-minded to the idea that it took an army of gods to create the universe rather than one? Are you open-minded to the idea that a long-forgotten god created the universe, or one who has never revealed itself to us? Are you open-minded to the idea that your family god; Jehovah, Allah, Brahma, or whoever, was invented by humans for human purposes?

If you are a typical theist, I don't think you are open to any of these possibilities. I think you are about as close-minded as a human can be.

It is wise for all of us to remember that our most cherished and strongly held beliefs could be dead wrong. I always think about that, do you?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 8:15am On Oct 16, 2019
The problem with praying to an imaginary god is believing someone infinitely smarter than you is answering.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2019
PSALM 14

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."

For some reason, Christians love quoting this verse to me. Evidently, they see no irony when grown-ups, who believe in invisible beings, magic, monsters, and eternal life--all without a shred of evidence, say the fools are those who look for logically coherent reasons and validated evidence before they believe anything!

These people also lack logic. A cursory review of this psalm would show it is a lie. The very next sentence says, "They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is NONE that doeth good." [My emphasis.]

So, you need only find ONE non-believer who has done good and you have PROVEN the psalm a lie. Well, here are two: Warren Buffett and Bill Gates. They are the two most generous philanthropists alive and they are both atheists. Buffett has pledged to give 99% of his wealth to charity and Gates has donated over $26 billion so far.

How hard was that? Too hard apparently for logic-challenged Christians, who lack a sense of irony.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 9:16am On Oct 18, 2019
WELL DONE BELIEVERS!

If you are a god-believer and you read my atheist posts with a nagging feeling there's something wrong--something I misunderstand, or facts I am unaware of, or fault-lines in my logic that you can't quite put your finger on... then I say, well done!

Well done because you have passed the stage of rage. Well done because you keep reading and you don't allow tired and flawed apologetics to satisfy you anymore.

Well done because you have reached the stage of wonder. You wonder about many things. Especially you wonder if you could be wrong and if Joseph1013 could be right. You wonder if there is another way of making sense of your life's experiences?

You can't see your way through it yet but you realise you are on a journey and one-day things will start to slot into place in a new, more positive and more satisfying way.

So well done. Don't stop now. Keep travelling and keep thinking. It will be so worth it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 10:20am On Oct 23, 2019
You can't prove a non-existent god exists.
The god of the Bible has never been proven to exist.
Could these two facts be related?
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2019
Charles Jaja-Sackey wrote:

I often wonder why the Theory of Evolution provokes staunch objections, whereas nobody seems to care about something like the theory of relativity or quantum mechanics.

How come Covenant University and similar academic institutions owned and operated by fundamentalist religious bodies don’t ask that their students not be exposed to alternative theories about matter, energy, space and time?

If you think about it, the theory of evolution rests on the principle of the survival of the fittest, which is a clear and simple to everyone. In contrast, the theory of relativity and quantum mechanics argue that you can twist time and space, and that something like a cat can be both alive and dead at the same time. Clearly, this makes a mockery of our common sense, yet nobody seeks to protect innocent schoolchildren from these scandalous ideas.

Do you know why? It’s simply because it doesn’t contradict any of our cherished beliefs. Most people don’t care an iota whether space and time are absolute or relative. “If you think it is possible to bend space and time, well, be my guest. Go ahead and bend them. What do I care?” they’ll say.

In contrast however, the Theory of Evolution threatens humans of their concept of “souls”, something that is central to the belief system we have developed. If you really understand the theory of evolution, you will understand that there is no soul.

Coming to terms with this reality is a terrifying thought not only to devout Christians and Muslims, but also to many secular people who may not hold any clear religious dogma but nevertheless want to believe that each human possesses an eternal individual essence that remains unchanged throughout life, and can survive even death intact. Those people who often say “I’m not religious, I’m spiritual”.

You see, Evolution means change, and therefore it is incapable of producing everlasting entities. From an evolutionary perspective, the closest thing we have to a human essence is our DNA, and the DNA molecule is the vehicle of mutation (changing and adapting) rather than being constant forever; a seat of eternity of some sort.

This terrifies large numbers of people, who prefer to reject the theory of evolution rather than give up their souls. And herein lies most of the theist’s argument against the theory of evolution.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2019
ATHEISM IN THREE SENTENCES

1. I don't believe in fairies because there is no evidence they exist.
2. I don't believe in God for the exact same reason.

If statement (1) is rational, then statement (2) must be rational too.

Honestly, this is so simple that almost everyone should be able to understand it.

And God believers hear this and think I'm crazy. Should they?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Xbee007(m): 3:44pm On Oct 26, 2019
joseph1013:
John Ogunlela

If I were foreign and my first and sole contact with the Yoruba culture was through the 'home videos', I would think the women of that tribe are shrieking, pugnacious idle hands who do nothing but design devices against men all day and spend the night at the spiritualist's shrine.

I will think the men are noisy and thoughtless wine bibbers who love strictly sex, easy money and pretence to wealth. I will think they all have a big tribal inferiority complex that makes them feel a trip to London even if in a fake visa is the meaning of life.

I will have the impression that the young men are vacant of mind and completely lacking in vision besides to become experts at swearing and cursing and toying with women when they take a break from armed robbery and doing crack.

The anger, pugnacity and aggression in those videos is overpowering and nauseating to be mild. The simplicity of the scripts venerate mediocrity, superstition and utter foolishness, elevating mediocrity to the point of worship.

They portray their tribe in the worst dingy light possible and present their children as objects of intimidation and oppression. Hardly do people keep their words and most friendships end up on the slaughter slab of treachery. You can safely predict the trusting friend who helped the other with school fees will end up getting poisoned by the friend he helped all so she can convert the title deed of his property to her own.

Revenge is the rule, forgiveness is hardly known except forced Intl the script and acted in a most unnatural manner.

The women are hardly ever portrayed as capable of putting their brains to use except in scheming to steal a friend's spouse. And they never achieve anything with their lives besides marrying a rich and often abusive man.

At a point I began to suspect this could be a sinister programme to destroy they Yoruba race through negative portrayal but look a bit closely and it is the product of the race itself!

Those videos are the products of hurried, underdeveloped ideas, quickly parboiled to be served to unthinking people whose daily lives run on base superstition and archaic traditions. The central theme is to sell and make a little money before the buyers of the movies can get a little education and stop hoping in a swarm of spirits and in blind luck.

Absolutely nothing of value is espoused in these movies apart from a desire to make money by providing a feed for shameful ignorance. It is the rise of the aggressively ignorant section of the people, taking advantage of cheap technology and a market of deeply ignorant stream of people who were spawned in the Years of the Locusts, the years of darkness.

They affirm these ignorant swarm and tell them they are okay the way they are and they need not aim higher. After all, their type have gone to London and have brought back a used car with the sound system maxed out. They even built a duplex in Lekki - and isn't this the zenith of life itself!

So, what happened! Did this people produce Wole Soyinka and Ola Rotimi? Were Herbert Ogun'nde and Duro Ladiipo acorns from their tree? Did D.O Fagunwa right in that language and was it that tribe that produce Sunny Ade, Twin 77, Art Alade, Jim Rex Lawson, I.K Cairo and Orlando Owoh? Wow! That was another Yoruba entirely. It couldn't be this one!
Yoruba movie makers are doing a great disservice to the race. They write stories that make you question the sanity of the writer and the IQ of the target audience. Everything has been stereotyped to the extent that you could predict where the movie is going minutes into the movie.

Imagine watching an almost two hours movie without gaining anything. They are uneducative, unimaginative and unrealistic. The writers are not even putting any effort at all.

I know piracy is a huge bane to them but mehn. In fact, I blame them for the prevalence of ritualist in Yoruba land.

People like Kunle Afolayan and Kemi Adetiba still give me hope.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 6:09pm On Oct 27, 2019
Jekwu Ozoemene wrote:

On his page earlier today, my bro Osasu Arasomwan asked which should come first in the arena of marriage, Love by the husband or submission by the wife?

My response to him was as follows.

"Love is a dual carriageway so to talk about love from the husband without corresponding love from the wife implies that there could be unrequited love at play. That would be disastrous in the context of marriage.

Submission implies that the husband (man) is superior to the wife (female). In this context, submission is better suited when dealing with your domestic pet, slave (in the era of slave trade) or sexual partner if you are into role play or BDSM (but I know you are a man of God so that cannot be the case).

In my opinion, mutual respect trumps all, without which the marriage is living on borrowed time."

To this, someone on the thread noted that unless I am rejecting the bible, submission by a wife to her husband has already been defined therein.

My response to that was as follows.

"Ikponmwosa Oghogho submission as preached in Ephesians 5:21-25 and Colossians 3:18-24 turns wives into pets, slaves, punching bags and sex objects.

Is it not ironic that Colossians 3:22 was what the colonialists used to justify selling our ancestors into slavery and we are using it to justify submission by our wives?

3.22 "slaves, obey your early masters in everything, and do it, not only when their eye is on you to curry favour, but with sincerity of heart and reverence of the Lord". Haven't you since rejected this part of the bible or are you still a slave?

And of course, if we must obey all the admonishments for women and submission in the bible then we should not cherry-pick. Why not 1 Corinthians 14:34 so that your wife is not allowed to speak in Church?

Why not Titus 2:5 and only marry a stay at home housewife?"

In conclusion, I am not one to advocate for people to reject their Holy Books, be it the Bible or the Koran, both of which I have read.

I however believe we should keep in mind that Biblical patriarchy is a reflection of the period in which the Christian faith evolved. In fact, all the Abrahamic faiths are patriarchal, some much more than others.

Without a doubt, biblical patriarchy views demean women and view them as property and imply that women cannot be trusted as decision makers. This is not unique to the Bible or the Christian faith. Study the world's history, from Mesopotamia to Egypt, women in the ancient world were considered property -- valuable property, but property nonetheless.

So if we agree that our religious books are a people/cultures codified morality, and that morality is a snapshot of the way a people have chosen to live at a point in their history, then we will be perpetually stuck in the dark ages if we do not constantly interrogate some of these moralities we inherited from ancient times.

For crying out loud, this was from an era when an unmarried woman could be compelled to marry her rapist, as long as the rapist could pay the standard bride price and the woman's father was comfortable with the marriage (Deuteronomy 22:28-29; Exodus 22:16-17).

Women who argue in favour of "submission" should study the history of the church and how it pushed against the female vote in the US. These same Biblical texts were used to accuse suffragists of being immoral, and it was even said that Eve's subservience to Adam in Genesis was divinely ordained, thus it was a man's responsibility to vote on behalf of the family.

Any woman who argues for this Biblical patriarchy submission should have all her hard fought rights clawed back; She should be stripped of the right to vote, sold into slavery, be treated as a man's property or a commodity that can be traded, not be allowed to speak in Church, not allowed to work, and can only find salvation by bearing a child for her husband.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 9:54am On Oct 28, 2019
TALES FROM THE CREATOR

We should be grateful that the creator of the universe took the time to tell us about his creation--how he did it and what he made. But I've been reading the Bible and the Qur'an and he seems to have missed quite a few important things that he made. For example, he didn't mention:

Black holes
Dark energy
Dark Matter
Galaxies
Pulsars
Quasars
Solar systems
Supernovae
The cosmic microwave background
White dwarf stars

He didn't even mention gravity! The really weird thing is he mentioned several things he didn't make, like a firmament and windows to let the rain in.

I wonder why he ONLY described things the people he spoke to already knew about (or thought they knew about but didn't)? It's almost as if ignorant people made the whole thing up.

Surely not!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by LordReed(m): 3:49pm On Oct 28, 2019
joseph1013:
TALES FROM THE CREATOR

We should be grateful that the creator of the universe took the time to tell us about his creation--how he did it and what he made. But I've been reading the Bible and the Qur'an and he seems to have missed quite a few important things that he made. For example, he didn't mention:

Black holes
Dark energy
Dark Matter
Galaxies
Pulsars
Quasars
Solar systems
Supernovae
The cosmic microwave background
White dwarf stars

He didn't even mention gravity! The really weird thing is he mentioned several things he didn't make, like a firmament and windows to let the rain in.

I wonder why he ONLY described things the people he spoke to already knew about (or thought they knew about but didn't)? It's almost as if ignorant people made the whole thing up.

Surely not!

Yup, we won't even be calling dark matter and dark energy, dark (symbolizing their unknown nature), if the god had told us what they are.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2019
Tosin Adeoti wrote:

The Nigerian god is fiendish. How many times have you heard his worshipers say, "My neighbors may live in want, what does it matter? The important thing is that I'm cool and my family is well-provisioned through his grace." You know, something about thousands falling at your side and the plague not nearing your kith and kin.
The Nigerian god doesn't care how much fuel is sold, it only matters to him that his worshipers earn well and are able to afford it.
The nation might be going to 'hell' but as long as they are 'favored' by the Nigerian god, the worshipers could care less.
The most important thing to the Nigerian god is money and the more you give to him through his peddlers (givers in foreign currencies are personal favorites), the more he MUST bless you.
The god that rejoices when thieves drop seeds on the altar; that does not punish disobedience except it concerns tithes and offerings. He does not reckon any sin against you except the sin of disobeying his anointed peddlers.
The Nigerian god is the greatest fraud this country has ever known.
The Nigerian god...corruption personified!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Judeudochukwu(m): 10:43am On Nov 04, 2019
WHY DO YOU HAVE A SPIRITUAL HUSBAND OR WIFE :the truth none has told you

Some people while in a prayer houses will be informed they are been disturbed by a spiritual wife or husband. Haven heard about it, he and the pastor would rush into conclusion calling it an evil spirit. Next is to start abracadabra prayers, casting and loosing to no avail – otu abụghị n’ezi. The pastor will be blowing the microphone making noise like a lunatic, the congregation belief deliverance is taken place: to no avail _ otu abụghị n’ezi.
Kill her, the pastor said.
Let her die and leave.
I asked, how possible? Is it possible I ask?
Can you kill a spirit?
Have you heard or seen where one killed a spirit if not in the church where they kill spirit with mouth and microphone, yet things remains same and sometimes get worse yet?
Now listen, let me teach you wisdom: saying the truth because truth is life _ eziokwu bụ ndụ. This is why it set the captive free. The moment you know the truth. The truth you know must surely set you free.
As a human being, use event as seen in the land of the living to judge event as seen in the spiritual realm.
Sometimes, as it’s here on earth, so it’s in the realm of spirit
As its in the spiritual realms so it’s in the physical plane.
Take for example you see a woman and engaged to her as a young man.
After some while, both of you happen to marry happily. Marriage you must remember comes upon an agreement between two opposite parties. Now, after a while, you travel to another space for a mission, another destination where you now find comfort. If you forget calling to say hi to the wife, how will she feel?
Answer!
What if you are not calling or have lost contact, passion for her and she kept looking after you?
Haven gotten to reach out to you, you pretend not knowing her and denied haven nothing to do with her.
No matter what she does, you kept pushing her away and ignore all signs and signals. What do you expect the woman to do?
Would you not do anything mad if you were in her shoes?
Of course you will!
If you can as a legitimate wife, you are not against the law if you must suffer him anyhow without wasting his life.

This is what happens between those who got married to mariners before earthly visit. Stop been fooled by Christians and their ignorant teachings.
They are spiritual ignorant. All of them whom you call man of God are ofeke in spiritual matters. They are ignorant about spiritual affairs. They are pretenders and deceivers. The reason you must be careful about their false teachings.
They only shout and make noise like lunatic. They only know how to make noise not knowing that our spiritual engagement asked for quietness, peace of mind and solitude. The very moment they should spent with wisdom are given for selfishness. The reason wisdom is far seen from them. They lack truth. They know nothing about spirituality and wisdom.
Pastors are ofeke (fools) when it comes to spiritual matters. They know absolute nothing as e dey happen in the realm of spirits. They know nothing but go on deceiving people. They must pay the prize at the end of it all. It’s written, you shall reap what you sowed. That’s to say, you shall reap deception as a deceiver.
For crying out loud, this people are not deceiving animals. They are deceiving human being.
The image of the gods.
Turning black what nature has made to be white for their selfish interests.
Causing disunity, hatred, disaster between nature and mankind, bridging the gap between spirits and mankind.
Why people suffer today!
They must reap what they sowed at the end of it all.
Wisdom shall judge them!
So what is the remedy?
this is what a spiritualist will help you do. He/she will first engage you on a spiritual consultation to know if truly you are a mariner perhaps the cause of your problems and encounter. Because it’s not necessarily mariners who encounter spiritual wives. A witch can as well manifest herself as a spiritual wife to cause ruin to someone’s life.
Nevertheless, If you are and it happens that you are suffering as a result of spiritual wife/husband, the spiritualist shall consult further, knowing what must be done.
It’s then the wife/husband will have to name his or her prize owing to your position, agreement and periodic in the marine. Hence all mariners doesn’t share same position and agreement are differently. Upon this information, he get to inform you about what to be done. No matter what, it must involve a sacrifice!
We call it marine ritual settlement – ịkwa ibu mmiri nye ndị ọgbọ na uke.
During this sacrifices you have to accept him or her back.
We call it ‘ịkwa ibu udo na abụghị ibu nkewa’ a sacrifice for peace not separation.
When properly done, he/she will assist you in all aspects of life been in union. That’s the reason for sect (i di n’otu ndị mmiri).
Odogwuakataaka: That’s to say if he is good to go. Should he/she is wicked, so jealous. We e plead him or her to accept some things which he refused. If he do, good.
If not, we can then upon ọfọ na ogu talk about separation.
This you must know asked for wisdom hence his/her stubbornness might be as a result of her workforce, duty, services to deliver.
Do you know that these mariners (marine husband and wife’s) are destiny helpers? The very reason they are sometimes filled with jealous and must be treated with caution otherwise one’s life and destiny are placed on danger zone at the cost of services in the name of deliverance. Many are suffering this today!
Know whom you run to at the cost of spiritual matters.

: A spirit such as marine wife/husband might proof stubborn owing to agreement reached before your earthly coming. When we come across such like spirit person’s, we plead with him /her to allow you enjoy your earthly life as you wish. Remember, all these are done upon agreement, I as a priest stand to negotiate this as a third party upon ritual sacrifices. It’s not a thing we do by force as seen in the churches. Shouting with a microphone to draw attention of the people, proving how much we can speak in tongues and grammars. It’s never done that way for your safety, success, happiness and longevity.
Because it’s not all about today but tomorrow: the case must be handled with care.
This is the very reason igbo adage says ‘oké dibịa gbaa àjà, ọ dịka ewere nyee ndị mmụọ n’aka’ when a great/experienced priest performed ritual exercise, it looks like the items was given hand to hand to the spirits.
The result remains positive, settling all matters and causing light on one’s path.

If you must work on spiritual ignorance to disintegrate what shouldn’t be disintegrated, the subject (human) must suffer the penalty.
One true information people lack in spiritual matters remains the fact that spirits are not at lost (loosing end) in any matter as it involve humanity. The reason you must be careful and stop playing with your spiritual life.
Haven known these, I have to state it finally that spiritual husband and wife are not evil.
If they are, that’s to say you are evil also hence you are a mariner. If you are not a mariner, you can’t get married to a mariner as a wife or husband. The difference between you and him /her is only that you had the opportunity to exist on earth as a human being after pre-existence as a mariner in waters.
The lineage continues as you bear forth children on earth: especially, a case whereby you are a mariner and your earthly husband/wife is also a mariner, all your earthly children shall be mariners.
It’s divine
It’s a nature mandate!
It’s written and can’t be changed.
You can’t change what nature has caused to be neither will you condemn it.
Who are you to judge?
Do you judge upon wisdom or ignorant?
Who are you to condemned what nature has made to be?
How many years do you have to exist here on earth?
How many years do you think these matter have lasted, involving billions of people born and yet to be born?
Is it why you are here?
All these are meant for pastors to answer.
People who dwelt on ignorant, causing ruin to people’s life and destiny.
Sending people to early graves and are happy doing that hence it put food on their table.
Judgement await us all!
Ife onye metere, o weere isi ya buru (evil men do, leave with them and after them).
Wise man think and talk about tomorrow, a fool (ofeke) talk about today.
Today has only but 24hours in it, tomorrow is indefinite.
Don’t be deceived!
WhatsApp08103253857
#echoesoftruth1.website2.me

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 07, 2019
joseph1013:
Know why we have stars?
God created them to give light to the earth.

Genesis 1:15
Are you not trying too hard & being intentionally biased here ?
Because the light that was mentioned was very specified ;moonlight & sunlight.

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2019
WHAT ARE YOU?

You are molecules. Some of them stay with you for life but most do not. They spend a few minutes, hours, years or decades as part of you and then move on to flow in a river, float in a cloud or take a turn in another living thing--maybe a microbe, an ant or your spouse.

Some molecules are passengers, just along for the ride and some really are you--they help you stand or breath or think. But the passengers are useful too--some even sacrifice themselves for you. They enter you as one molecule, your body tears them apart and they leave you as a different molecule, or as several.

Our naked eyes cannot see molecules. We can't see small enough or fast enough. Instead, we see illusions formed by trillions and trillions of them. The illusions look robust but they are not. Reality is a bubbling, boiling brew of tiny, moving particles spaced far apart in a great expanse of nothing. Nature paints the most minimalist caricatures of things and we turn them into solid rocks, tables, people and everything else. We are nature perceiving itself.

Reality. It takes your breath away; extraordinary, moving and inspiring. When we have all this, who needs Genesis?

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 6:55pm On Nov 08, 2019
SEARCHING FOR THE DESIGNER

"Is it logical to assume there is no intelligent designer behind even the DNA structure alone?"

I don't assume there is no intelligent designer. It is a possibility that I don't completely dismiss. However, I don't put it high on my list of possibilities because every one of the thousands of such mysteries we have unraveled so far, has always had a natural explanation. So I'll look for a natural explanation first. I'm very sure we have not yet exhausted all possibilities and I know we are very good at finding natural explanations.

Of course, you are free to search for a supernatural explanation. Although, honestly, I don't know how you would do this. You cannot be sure there is a supernatural explanation for anything until you can establish that a supernatural designer exists. Before you have established this, logically, all you have is a possibility. And, if history is our guide, it is a very remote possibility indeed.

My question to you is, how would determine that a supernatural designer exists? Where would you look? How would you look?

I would make one suggestion; ignore the gods of the ancients. The Norse gods, Greek gods, Roman gods, Babylonian gods, Sumerian gods, Indus Valley gods, Canaanite gods, and their derivatives from the Abrahamic pantheon. These gods were founded on ignorance and superstition. They used fantasy and magic to explain everyday things and got much wrong. If you are looking for a transcendental super-god with unimaginable intelligence, don't look among the detritus of the Dark Ages.

I suggest you look for a designer that is, as yet, unknown to our species; one that would nod in approval at our modern opinion that owning people as slaves is wrong, and that treating people equally regardless of their gender, ethnicity, language or sexual orientation, is right.

If there is a designer, don't expect him to have the morals of an Iron Age chieftain; expect him to understand the universe better than we do. That pretty much rules out all the gods we have heard about so far.

Let me know how you get on.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 6:10am On Nov 09, 2019
Great thread.

God/the First Cause/the Beginning/the All has nothing to do with religion, and nobody can really know the All.

Only a scientifically minded person can make some findings about the First Cause.

In other words, science is a crucial tool to understand the origin and evolution of the universe, and consequently get some ideas about the First Cause.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 8:30pm On Nov 11, 2019
Charles Uzor wrote:

We can make fun of Internet scammers believing a woman's underwear can make the white man send them millions of dollars. We can make fun of women believing that lacing a man's food with kobnomi or whatever.

Yet superstitious beliefs of this nature are rarely harmless. The folks who believe killing a virgin will give make them multimillionaires attend the same ideological school with the morons who believe a woman's panties can hypnotise a British business mogul to wire money to their accounts.

When they say a man was killed with jazz in local communities, I am convinced that more likely than not, it is a case of homicide by food poisoning. Politicians are desperate enough sometimes to murder their opponents. God help the public man whose wife is known to sneak around searching for otumokpo to hold him down. Is it farfetched that they could go to the wrong person and be given a concoction that would end the life of the person they want to control? Would they ever confess to anyone what they had done even though they did not intend to?

None of these things works but there are real world dangers. Please let us not give people the wrong impression.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2019
Steve Chike Abia

This menstrual blood food poisoning story is the reason I'm afraid of having anything intimate with a superstitious lady.

It's not that their stupid beliefs are potent, but I'm afraid of the absurdities and attrocities their ignorance can drive them to commit.

You see ladies who frequent prayer houses, ladies who patronise prophets and scam artists like T.B Joshua and the rest of them... I avoid them like plagues.

Their heads have been messed up by prophets and other spiritual scammers. Their desperation and ignorance can make them kill. I see them as needing psychiatric help.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 6:42am On Nov 30, 2019
Temi Dayo

Once had this teenager live for a short while with me.

Child began to act up. She would have night terrors just as I usually do, and then wake up to make a huge too do about it.

Made so much noise one night. Ran into my room, being all ghetto zany.
She told me her mother's friend "initiated her into something" back home, and that "they were calling her" through her dreams.

She said she felt hot, like there was a fire raging inside her and that she needed to leave my house that minute. Said ever since she arrived my house, she had felt the internal heat intensifying.

She kept up a monotone of "my body is doing me one kind (sic)."

I was bored and fucking irritated as hell. I sleep in short intervals of 3-4 hours, but my sleep times, I'm like a bear in hibernation mode.

I stopped her drivel:

"So what you're telling me now is that you're a witch?"

She kept mute and then began to squirm.

"Wait...you want to do that "I dey confess" thing in my house, abi?"

She continued 'acting feem'. Said it was not her fault, they "were calling" her.

I warned her to halt that "confession" nonsense, because if she did, I'd have to hogtie her so that I could go back to sleep.

I knew she had a mental imbalance thing going on and would not like being ignored. She craved attention.

I had knives and hammers in the house. The husband's toolbox wasn't locked.
Child was away in boarding school; the husband was not resident. With my deep coma-like sleeping, you break down the door and I'd not wake.

I binge watch crime shows.

You get the picture.

I told her I didn't want my worst photo to appear beside hers on random internet blogs:

"Wicked fat woman ties up poor "househelp" while she sleeps and snores like a rhino. Oh what a wicked world!"

She calmed down then and went quiet.

So I asked her:

This initiation, they did for you...was for what, really?

She said it was for "demonic powers".

So I asked her:

"So the woman who initiated you, plus your mother, plus your father plus gbogbo ilu adugbo re...DO YOU HAVE NEPA LIGHT?"

I was and still am especially concerned about NEPA light because of my Nigerian circumstances. I was spending about N40k monthly then on fuelling generator just to live just above the animal level.

Turns out the recruit witch couldn't do anything about NEPA. Just like me. Just like Buhari.

Next question:

"How d'you go to school? Move around? Eat? Stay dressed?"

Turned out it all came down to my money.

I bought her clothes.

With money.

Fed her.

With money.

Drove her to places sometimes, and so had to fuel the car.

With money.

Gave her transport fare to travel around in her own.

Transport fare = money.

To cut the long story short, by the time my unsaid TedTalk was over, she saw reason with me why hogtying her and going back to my rudely interrupted sleep was not only the commonsense thing to do, it was also the moral thing, backed by all Geneva Conventions against Stupidity, Poverty-induced witchcraft-ism and Idleness-generated demonic idiocy.

As an economist, Value is of prime importance to me.

Witch that costs me money to be comfortable and cannot give me 24/7 light, of what value then is that witch's witching to me again?

We both slept in peace afterwards, until she left my house.
Wiser. De-witched.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 9:54pm On Dec 08, 2019
Reinhard Bonnke and his scam

Story told by Nnamdi Nwagbara Nnamdi

Last time this dude (Bonnke) came to Enugu at Agbani nkanu west .. Probably his last visit to Nigeria ..

My mama went to that senseless crusade and she spent the night there. As she was coming back to the house the next morning, she was so happy, singing church song as she came in.

I was sitting with my father that beautiful morning, as my mama was all happy while coming back. Out of curiosity, my father popped this question "what happened my wife ,you are over excited?".

My mama said a big miracle happened at the arena. I became interested and so was my father. Then the waited story came out.

My mama said when Bonnke was praying, a man who was announced dead and was brought in an ambulance, woke up from death. I was surprised, my father was too. Then she continued.

She said while everyone was rushing to go witness the miracle, 10 people were trampled upon. Out of the 10, 5 died at the spot while 5 were taken to the hospital.

Then the big question from my papa followed, "those that died, did he wake them up ?" no, they were ALL taken to the MORTUARY, said my mama.

I laughed like a mad man and my father couldn't help it either... My mama couldn't stop singing church song either..

Those pastors finished us aswear...

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 9:56pm On Dec 08, 2019
Ijeoma Chinonyerem

I have absolutely no regard for pastors who preach faith healing. Pastors who encourage people to ditch their medications promising God's healing. Pastors who give people false hope and make their gullible members sow seeds in exchange for God's healing.

In 2010 I was an ardent member of Dominion City Abakaliki. One month, the G.O. David Ogbueli was coming to Ebonyi. The church publicized it. Billboards, banners, fliers, tv and radio jingles. We were urged to sow seed for the GO's welfare, clothing, feeding and everything inbetween.

That didn't seem odd to me. What was odd was that the resident pastor asked members to bring their sick family members from the hospital. Those using wheelchair, crutches, even mentally challenged people. That they'll see God in action.

Every Sunday till GO came, this was reiterated with full force.
"Are you not tired of keeping your loved ones in hospital? Of seeing them roam the streets mad? Of spending money on drugs? Bring them. Come and sow a seed. Daddy is coming with healing anointing."

On the D-day, the GO came midway into the service. First thing he did, he asked the ushers to pack all the sick people, mad, disabled, to the back of the church.

He didn't want to see them. They were distracting his service. He would attend to them after service.

Ok.

You know what happened? He climbed pulpit, preached for 30 minutes, stepped down, entered his car and left.

Service wasn't over. He didn't come back.

What the resident pastor did was ask for donations for a suit for GO seeing as he wore a white up and down instead of a suit. Also hotel bills, feeding, etc.

At the end of the service, members were told to go home with their sick family members who didn't even get to meet the GO let alone get prayed for. The excuse was that he was tired. They should all come back the following day.

The next day, GO came, finished the service and left without even acknowledging the sick people at the back. And money was raised for his welfare to "bless him for blessing us".

And that was what kept on happening till he left.

Why ask for mad and disabled people to be brought in the first place? Why give them hope?

I've told the story of my uncle and aunt who were hard-core members of The Lord's Chosen. She was diagnosed with breast cancer. They went to see Lazarus Muoka, the GO of Chosen who told them not to go to the hospital rather gave them a blessed handkerchief to rub on the breast. I can't remember how much they bought the handkerchief and olive oil.

The cancer metastasized and he urged them to continue rubbing. By the time my mother found out and screamed at them to go to the hospital, she was so sick. She was booked for double mastectomy.

2 days before the surgery, Lazarus called them assuring them that God said the surgery would be 100% successful. The next day, she died.

So any time I see a so-called MOG who preaches faith healing, first thing I do is to recoil.

Take care of yourself the best way you can. These people don't care. They may probably heal 2 or 3 people, but dozens die and thousands don't receive healings at all. That is what they don't tell you.
Take care of yourself.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by LordReed(m): 8:56am On Dec 09, 2019
joseph1013:
Ijeoma Chinonyerem

I have absolutely no regard for pastors who preach faith healing. Pastors who encourage people to ditch their medications promising God's healing. Pastors who give people false hope and make their gullible members sow seeds in exchange for God's healing.

In 2010 I was an ardent member of Dominion City Abakaliki. One month, the G.O. David Ogbueli was coming to Ebonyi. The church publicized it. Billboards, banners, fliers, tv and radio jingles. We were urged to sow seed for the GO's welfare, clothing, feeding and everything inbetween.

That didn't seem odd to me. What was odd was that the resident pastor asked members to bring their sick family members from the hospital. Those using wheelchair, crutches, even mentally challenged people. That they'll see God in action.

Every Sunday till GO came, this was reiterated with full force.
"Are you not tired of keeping your loved ones in hospital? Of seeing them roam the streets mad? Of spending money on drugs? Bring them. Come and sow a seed. Daddy is coming with healing anointing."

On the D-day, the GO came midway into the service. First thing he did, he asked the ushers to pack all the sick people, mad, disabled, to the back of the church.

He didn't want to see them. They were distracting his service. He would attend to them after service.

Ok.

You know what happened? He climbed pulpit, preached for 30 minutes, stepped down, entered his car and left.

Service wasn't over. He didn't come back.

What the resident pastor did was ask for donations for a suit for GO seeing as he wore a white up and down instead of a suit. Also hotel bills, feeding, etc.

At the end of the service, members were told to go home with their sick family members who didn't even get to meet the GO let alone get prayed for. The excuse was that he was tired. They should all come back the following day.

The next day, GO came, finished the service and left without even acknowledging the sick people at the back. And money was raised for his welfare to "bless him for blessing us".

And that was what kept on happening till he left.

Why ask for mad and disabled people to be brought in the first place? Why give them hope?

I've told the story of my uncle and aunt who were hard-core members of The Lord's Chosen. She was diagnosed with breast cancer. They went to see Lazarus Muoka, the GO of Chosen who told them not to go to the hospital rather gave them a blessed handkerchief to rub on the breast. I can't remember how much they bought the handkerchief and olive oil.

The cancer metastasized and he urged them to continue rubbing. By the time my mother found out and screamed at them to go to the hospital, she was so sick. She was booked for double mastectomy.

2 days before the surgery, Lazarus called them assuring them that God said the surgery would be 100% successful. The next day, she died.

So any time I see a so-called MOG who preaches faith healing, first thing I do is to recoil.

Take care of yourself the best way you can. These people don't care. They may probably heal 2 or 3 people, but dozens die and thousands don't receive healings at all. That is what they don't tell you.
Take care of yourself.

Yep, invisible (read as non-existent) events require invisible reasons so that if an expected result does not materialize it is easy to blame the lack of invisible reasons. Such a scam.

Plus our health system in general doesn't help in some cases. You always hear of people saying doctors said they can't find anything and I wonder what kind of doctors they went to see.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (130) (Reply)

Jesus is coming soon. This thread is for faithful watchmen / Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.