Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,399 members, 7,781,152 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:53 AM

My Thoughts And Questions About Religion - Religion (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Thoughts And Questions About Religion (227191 Views)

Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Questions About Demon Possession - Nairaland Demonology Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by iamdannyfc(m): 10:51am On Jul 03, 2020
DappaD:

The JW Organization has made mistakes in the past and they admit to doing so. God's people in the past made mistakes. Although there are certain standards everyone must meet, it's when you're expecting perfection that it becomes a problem.
i understand you.
To err is human, and not to divine.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by DappaD: 10:55am On Jul 03, 2020
DappaD:
Jesus' disciples even after interacting with Jesus face to face and engaging in the ministry too did not understand fully all Jesus was preaching to them. On the day Jesus was resurrected from the dead, he appeared to two disciples on the road and began inquiring of them the latest happenings. (They did not recognize him all this while)

Luke 24:21

“But we were hoping that this man[Jesus] was the one who was going to deliver Israel. Yes, and besides all these things, this is the third day since these things occurred”

Jesus did not abandon them to their fate. Instead he made the understanding clearer for them.

Luke 24:25-27

“So he[Jesus] said to them: “O senseless ones and slow of heart to believe all the things the prophets have spoken! Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and to enter into his glory?” And starting with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them things pertaining to himself in all the Scriptures.”

So it's very necessary for understanding to be made clearer.

@iamdannyfc
Did you read this at all? Or you're just looking for where to pick holes and pitch your tent?
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 1:45pm On Jul 03, 2020
Xavfra:

Billy Graham said that it's of the devil to to separate religion from politics which is almost like locking up religion at home and we know that it will prevent those con artists from scamming the people of God
BG is a fraud, and one by one the Mighty God of Grace opens eyes so it can be seen!

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 03, 2020
iamdannyfc:

* Are you saying that all ex-christian don't understand the bible?
* Are you saying that all ex-christian don't understand it because they dont read the bible(repel them)?
Well i'm making friend with you here, oya make me see the reason why you are trusting it

I've told you that you can't understand what the Bible really teach without observing the activities of it's adherents, that's why Jesus said [b]"you will know them by their FRUIT"[/quote] Matthew 7:20. So true Christians love God's word and after understanding it, they live their lives in conformity with it, it's when you observe what is happening in their gathering that you'll be moved to join them. The oral preaching and teaching is just to bring you closer, it's what you see happening in their midst that will convince you! John 8:32

That a popular person advertise a product does not mean the product is effective,efficient and authentic.
We should expect an effective,efficient and authentic product to be a best seller provided the consumers are knowledgeble about it and not because a popular person is advertising it
An ineffective,inefficient or inauthentic product that becomes a bestseller is definitely preying on the ignorance of it consumer.
Thanks for this, now you can see that it's not how noisy the advertisement but the effectiveness of the product. So watch closely the result of what those religions had on adherents because that's the effectiveness of the product unlike the noise they're making up and down (advertisement) wink

I understand you perfectly,they always try to say derogatery things about other christian group to authenticate their own group.
Well, the fact is that you are also guilty of same, the moment you call the other 40,999 group "Not-true christian" because of your alleged true doctrine.
Hmmmmmmmm you don't understand what that word means! smiley
When you say derogatory comments, it simply means what people say to tarnish the image of their fellowman but which they can't boldly say they're not guilty of the same accusation for instance i've made you see that
~JWs don't scare people with Hellfire into joining us.
~JWs don't participate in tribal or ethnic clashes that often lead to racism.
~JWs don't participate in worldly politics which promotes hatred, envy and greed over positions.
~JWs don't attach religious titles to our names so it's our virtuous deeds that speaks for us.
~JWs love whoever adhere to the same line of thought so it's not necessary i know you before i relate with you as my brother once you're JW.
~JWs have taught adherents how to peacefully explain what we believe without getting annoyed nor cursing those who feels they don't need it.
~JWs don't participate in pagan festivities that's promoting greed, immorality, hooliganism and other juvenile delinquencies.
~JWs don't set rules that's not binding on all adherents.
So no other religious group can stand out like this, that's why they'll be telling you things that they themselves are guilty of.

So, the failed predictions, The church or God's word?
Humans from the beginning have always make mistakes when trying to ascertain the times and seasons of the fulfilment of Bible prophecies. But that doesn't mean God's word fails it's human that fail due to our imperfection but God's word will never fail Sir! smiley

You've said this already
You only try authenticating JW using the bible , muslim authenticate Islam using the quoran, Jews use torah, hindu use vedas e.t.c
i'm only asking how you know the bible you are quoting is infallible, truthful and God's word before it can warrant any trust.

Exactly just as atheists try to authenticate ATHEISM using human philosophy! grin
But i've noticed one word from you during our discussion when you said "entizing" meaning you are already seeing what makes intelligent ones worshipers of our own God. wink
Please let's unravel this by testing them.
Whatever they teach should be viewed as their THEORIES, then how to make use of it as the PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS which will definitely yield BENEFITS.
So it's the BENEFITS that i go for not their THEORIES Sir.
Let's focus on how each theory is benefitting both the adherents and their neighbours, that's how to verify where true wisdom is found! smiley
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
budaatum:

BG is a fraud, and one by one the Mighty God of Grace opens eyes so it can be seen!

New questions have risen.......

What's grace ......?

Don't you think all religious all almost all ?
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2020
Xavfra:

New questions have risen.......

What's grace ......?
Grace is the providence that one is.
That which without one is not.

Xavfra:
Don't you think all religious all almost all [are fraud]? ?
Did you mean?

No, I do not think all religious are fraud, if by "religious", you mean, religious people. Not all religious people are fraud and neither are most.

Most religious people are thanking their Gods for their daily bread.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2020
budaatum:

Grace is the providence that one is.
That which without one is not.

Did you mean?

No, I do not think all religious are fraud, if by "religious", you mean, religious people. Not all religious people are fraud and neither are most.

Most religious people are thanking their Gods for their daily bread.

So can atheist have grace.?

Sorry......I apologise for the error..

I mean religious leaders.......
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2020
budaatum:

Interesting statement there. Why did you state BG a fraud? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Jul 03, 2020
Xavfra:

Sorry......I apologise for the error.
I mean religious leaders.......
Every living being created by God has grace.

You would have to examine the fruits of each person to know if bad tree or good tree.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Every living being created by God has grace.

You would have to examine the fruits of each person to know if bad tree or good tree.

Ohkay.....

A new question.......

It is said that before we were born, God knew us, how then can we be sent to hell for the sins we committed.......

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Jul 03, 2020
Xavfra:

Ohkay.....
A new question.......
It is said that before we were born, God knew us, how then can we be sent to hell for the sins we committed.......
you are better off asking Him that yourself, I am afraid. grin

And the only way you can get to Him is if you obey Him. grin
Only a few years ago, i too had questions and rather than live bitter, i decided to find Him and direct my questions at Him.
I opened books and followed his instructions on how to find Him. And boom! He showed up. He did and I have not desired to go back to my previous state since, even though He answered all the questions I had.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
Xavfra:

Everyone and everything that lives or has ever lived has grace.

That includes the stone in a desert and the sand.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
budaatum:

Everyone and everything that lives or has ever lived has grace.

That includes the stone in a desert and the sand.

So what's the correlation of hell and grace and humanity.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2020
Xavfra:

So what's the correlation of hell and grace and humanity.......
Correlation? When we have not defined hell, and humanity?

If you agree humanity is us, all of us, or at least as many as one decides to concern oneself with.

What is hell?
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 12:12am On Jul 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Interesting statement there. Why did you state BG a fraud? undecided
Interesting indeed, now I am less tired.

Thanks for pointing me out to me, junkie. My mouth opened in error and I wrote what I neither believed nor knew and bore false witness and will serve penance.

Link is some wonderful stuff he accomplished.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Kobojunkie: 12:35am On Jul 04, 2020
budaatum:

Interesting indeed, now I am less tired.

Thanks for pointing me out to me, junkie. My mouth opened in error and I wrote what I neither believed nor knew and bore false witness and will serve penance.

Link is some wonderful stuff he accomplished.
was politics the only no no for you then? I asked because I wanted to know if you found anything really wrong with His preaching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 12:40am On Jul 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
was politics the only no no for you then? I asked because I wanted to know if you found anything really wrong with His preaching.
Jesus was political as were many of the prophets, so he is correct.

I haven't really studied his teaching enough and wrote what I wrote out of ignorance and a lack of judgement.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Kobojunkie: 12:47am On Jul 04, 2020
budaatum:

Jesus was political as were many of the prophets, so he is correct.

I haven't really studied his teaching enough and wrote what I wrote out of ignorance and a lack of judgement.
How was Jesus political when His interactions were mainly with the religious teachers of the time, and never really directly with the romans who were the rulers of His day?
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 1:05am On Jul 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:

How was Jesus political when His interactions were mainly with the religious teachers of the time, and never really directly with the romans who were the rulers of His day?
His teachings had quite a lot of political significance, I'd say, political being how we determine who governs and thereby, how.

Jesus was very heavy on the beam in one's own eyes instead of the twig in the eye of Romans. "If your eye is dim", he said, "so too would all your senses be dim". It's why he taught governance of the self. So we can produce it from the abundance of our hearts. Selfless serving, that is.

A house built without the input of that which is godly cannot stand, nor can a nation prosper without godly input.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Kobojunkie: 1:32am On Jul 04, 2020
budaatum:

His teachings had quite a lot of political significance, I'd say, political being how we determine who governs and thereby, how.

Jesus was very heavy on the beam in one's own eyes instead of the twig in the eye of Romans. "If your eye is dim", he said, "so too would all your senses be dim". It's why he taught governance of the self. So we can produce it from the abundance of our hearts. Selfless serving, that is.

A house built without the input of that which is godly cannot stand, nor can a nation prosper without godly input.
I see what you mean.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 04, 2020
budaatum:

Correlation? When we have not defined hell, and humanity?

If you agree humanity is us, all of us, or at least as many as one decides to concern oneself with.

What is hell?

I cannot define hell, not because I cannot do so but I want a religious person to do so.....then I'll be to respond adequately.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 04, 2020
Xavfra:

I cannot define hell, not because I cannot do so but I want a religious person to do so.....then I'll be to respond adequately.

The Bible talks about two places one is literal the other is symbolic.

Sheol ~ Hebrew, Hades ~ Greek
This is the common grave of man.
Most translators rendered this word as Hell in their English version.

Gehenna ~Hebrew
This was a valley behind the walls of Jerusalem, refuse and carcasses were thrown in those days, and the Jews throw the dead bodies of criminals (as they won't like such to have a befitting burial), fire always burn in this refuse dump due to the heat of gases, they believe that during the promise of resurrection, criminals will not be remembered! Job 14:13-15

So Jesus used Gehenna to instill in the minds of his listeners that God will not remember faithless people during resurrection! Matthew 10:28

But because misinformed churchgoers don't grasp the concept, they misconstrued both Sheol and Gehenna as Hellfire! smiley

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 04, 2020
Maximus69:

The Bible talks about two places one is literal the other is symbolic.

Sheol ~ Hebrew, Hades ~ Greek
This is the common grave of man.
Most translators rendered this word as Hell in their English version.

Gehenna ~Hebrew
This was a valley behind the walls of Jerusalem, refuse and carcasses were thrown in those days, and the Jews throw the dead bodies of criminals (as they won't like such to have a befitting burial), fire always burn in this refuse dump due to the heat of gases, they believe that during the promise of resurrection, criminals will not be remembered! Job 14:13-15

So Jesus used Gehenna to instill in the minds of his listeners that God will not remember faithless people during resurrection! Matthew 10:28

But because misinformed churchgoers don't grasp the concept, they misconstrued both Sheol and Gehenna as Hellfire! smiley

So does that symbolise that there's no hell?
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by CAPSLOCKED: 10:19am On Jul 04, 2020
Xavfra:

RELIGIOUS PEOPLE WILL CONFUSE YOU WITH THEIR CONFUSION THAT'S WHY I DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THEM.

LOOK, CHRISTIANS ARE ONLY UNITED BY THEIR DISLIKE FOR MUSLIMS (AND ATHEISTS). BUT WHAT THEY CHERRY-PICK TO BELIEVE MAKES THEM DIFFERENT.

SOME BELIEVE THERE'S A HELL WITH FIRE AND THE DEVIL. SOME SAY THERE'S NO HELL.
SOME BELIEVE TELEVISED MIRACLES ARE REAL. MANY OTHERS (CATHOLICS ESPECIALLY) CLAIM THEY'RE ALL STAGED.
SOME BELIEVE THAT THE WORLD IS FLAT BECAUSE IT'S IN THE BIBLE. OTHERS BELIEVE WITH WHAT SCIENCE HAS TO SAY ABOUT THE EARTH AND OTHER GALAXIES.
SOME BELIEVE IN ASTROLOGY. SOME BELIEVE IN ASTRONOMY.
SOME BELIEVE THAT EVERY SIN ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE IS WRONG. OTHERS BELIEVE THAT FORNICATORS AND HOMOS ARE NOT DOING WRONG, AND GOD DOESN'T HATE THEM.
SOME STAND FOR FEMINISM. OTHERS CLING TO SUBJUGATION OF WOMEN.
SOME DO BUSINESS ON SABBATH, OTHERS FORBID IT.
ONE SIDE HAS NO CODE OF DRESSING, THE OTHER SIDE SAYS NO TO EARRINGS AND TROUSERS.

THESE PEOPLE PICK WHAT THEY WANT AND DISPOSE THE REST OF GOD'S ABSOLUTE WORD. THERE'S NO POINT PAYING THEM ATTENTION.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 04, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

RELIGIOUS PEOPLE WILL CONFUSE YOU WITH THEIR CONFUSION THAT'S WHY I DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THEM.

LOOK, CHRISTIANS ARE ONLY UNITED BY THEIR DISLIKE FOR MUSLIMS (AND ATHEISTS). BUT WHAT THEY CHERRY-PICK TO BELIEVE MAKES THEM DIFFERENT.

SOME BELIEVE TELEVISED MIRACLES ARE REAL. MANY OTHERS (CATHOLICS ESPECIALLY) CLAIM THEY'RE ALL STAGED.
SOME BELIEVE THAT THE WORLD IS FLAT BECAUSE IT'S IN THE BIBLE. OTHERS BELIEVE WITH WHAT SCIENCE HAS TO SAY ABOUT THE EARTH AND OTHER GALAXIES.
SOME BELIEVE THAT EVERY SIN ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE IS WRONG. OTHERS BELIEVE THAT FORNICATORS AND HOMOS ARE NOT DOING WRONG, AND GOD DOESN'T HATE THEM.
ONE SIDE HAS NO CODE OF DRESSING, THE OTHER SIDE SAYS NO TO EARRINGS AND TROUSERS.

THESE PEOPLE PICK WHAT THEY WANT AND DISPOSE THE REST OF GOD'S ABSOLUTE WORD. THERE'S NO POINT PAYING THEM ATTENTION.

I agree with you....

And that's the problem with Christianity...

They tend to use a verse from the Bible so long as it pleases them.......and I keep telling them that you can't be a Christian and claim to be a feminist.......nor homosexual......

That's why I call it a Frankestein religion grin
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 10:44am On Jul 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I see what you mean.
Thank you for seeing me, Junkie, and for making me see me too.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by budaatum: 10:47am On Jul 04, 2020
Xavfra:

You want a religious person to tell you what to think. undecided sad

Why?
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by DappaD: 11:03am On Jul 04, 2020
Xavfra:

So does that symbolise that there's no hell[fire]?
It means there's no literal/symbolic place of torment as most churches teach today. It's not a Biblical teaching, it's a man-made doctrine made to scare people so pastors can keep robbing innocent people off their hard earned salaries smiley
Like Maximus69 said earlier, the word translated “hell” is most Bibles today actually mean something else in the original scriptures “Sheol” (Hebrew) and “Hades” (Greek) and in English “Grave” . It depicts a state of inactivity/nonexistence where the persons thoughts and feelings no longer exist(Ecclesiastes 9:5,6,10), that all humans encounter when they die. Not a place of fiery torment. smiley

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by DappaD: 11:21am On Jul 04, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

People who don't follow the Bible teachings to the last detail shouldn't be called Christians. Don't you agree?

They would claim they are because they go to church and want to be identified as “Christians”. The fake form of Christianity has been rampart all through out our time and centuries past. But if the fake is rampart, then the original should be there as well. And knowing God is one of order, he should have just ONE group teaching the truth about him and not several groups that cause confusion. Don't you agree?

Now you should ask yourself, is there any religious group that base their entire teachings on the Bible? Is there any that follows the Bible to the last detail? You should ask if such exists. I mean such thoughts should have crossed your mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2020
Xavfra:

It simply means grave! smiley
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by LordReed(m): 1:15pm On Jul 04, 2020
Xmuslim:
far from your perception. How on earth would I agree with jehovah witness concept of God. I just appreciate the fact that he agreed that it's a friendly discussion.

Nevertheless, I like jehovah witness God for not willing to roast people in eternal hell

Doesn't make their god concept any better. Their god is supposedly going to annihilate billions of people and is so petty he will resurrect dead people just so he can annihilate them too.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2020
Frustrated Churchgoer turned atheist! cheesy
LordReed:

Doesn't make their god concept any better. Their god is supposedly going to annihilate billions of people and is so petty he will resurrect dead people just so he can annihilate them too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (130) (Reply)

The First Britsh Slave Ship To Reach The Americas Was Called The Good Jesus! / Jesus is coming soon. This thread is for faithful watchmen / Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.