Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

My Thoughts And Questions About Religion - Religion (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Thoughts And Questions About Religion (228939 Views)

Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Questions About Demon Possession - Nairaland Demonology Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by AHCB: 12:58am On May 03, 2021
joseph1013:
News: Prophet Odumeje vows never to forgive comedienne Ada Jesus after her family brought her to his church to beg for forgiveness over her ailment
- - -
LOL. This happens when you take charlatans seriously.
Lol.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 6:56pm On May 22, 2021
After maintaining this thread for more than 6 years, I am deciding to let go of it.

I have several other interests that are taking me more and more away from using my Nairaland account.

I have enjoyed every bit of it.

As I believe from the first day, humans can be happy in our day and time without the need to stuff their lives with myths and superstitions. The evidence is all around us.

I am grateful for the impact of this thread especially to the many who have sent me DMs discussing how their journey towards breaking the shackles of religion, especially the ones practiced in Nigeria, started from here.

I hope I have provided enough materials on this thread for future generations to see what a scam religion is.

I may be reached via email on leecodeman@gmail.com

I take my bow.

20 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by LordReed(m): 5:36pm On May 31, 2021
joseph1013:
After maintaining this thread for more than 6 years, I am deciding to let go of it.

I have several other interests that are taking me more and more away from using my Nairaland account.

I have enjoyed every bit of it.

As I believe from the first day, humans can be happy in our day and time without the need to stuff their lives with myths and superstitions. The evidence is all around us.

I am grateful for the impact of this thread especially to the many who have sent me DMs discussing how their journey towards breaking the shackles of religion, especially the ones practiced in Nigeria, started from here.

I hope I have provided enough materials on this thread for future generations to see what a scam religion is.

I may be reached via email on leecodeman@gmail.com

I take my bow.

Wishing you smooth sailing in your endeavours. Gonna miss your stuff though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by ShaqFu: 11:30pm On Oct 06, 2022
I actually laughed and remembered you Joseph1013. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Bacteriologist(m): 8:36pm On Feb 06, 2023
Need to bring this great thread back to religion front page. Particularly on a daily basis. I'll try to post stuff once in a while to keep it relevant.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by A001: 11:12pm On Feb 06, 2023
Hmmm
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Bacteriologist(m): 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2023
Religious Brainwashing Programs!

One of the most extensive, successful, systematic brainwashing programs on the planet!

These religions take their smallest, most impressionable children, pack them into “Sunday School”… brainwashing begins here.

It is so successful that grownup Christians actually believe that snakes talk, Muslims actually believe that horses can fly to heaven, and the Jews actually believe that Taking a chicken and swinging it by the neck above your head will transfer your sins into the chicken!

Brainwashing works… making people really stupid for 2000 years!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Bacteriologist(m): 12:28pm On Feb 09, 2023
According to most religions, their god will punish you most severely if you choose the wrong god or the wrong religion.

The exception, of course, is atheism. If you're an atheist, you don't worry about punishments by fictional gods.

Theists do not believe in 99% of the gods that mankind invented and claims are real. An atheist just takes that doubt and disbelief one god further.

So that's my advice. There's no way of knowing which is the right one, so your best plan is to ignore the lot of them.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Bacteriologist(m): 7:09pm On Feb 10, 2023
I found a QnA on a religion chat which was really interesting.

Question:

"I grew up in an independent fundamental baptist church. If you are unfamiliar, think the Duggar family. I grew up being taught that questioning any of our beliefs was a no no. When I actually read the Bible logically and literally I decided there is no way morally for me to follow this angry, wrathful god who enjoys having his ego stroked. If in fact he is real. How after reading your Bible can you still want to give your whole life to him? Also why is it he is so available to most Christians but after years of my souls searching and crying for him, where is he? I’ve not heard back. So then, is he real or man made?"

Answer
"I would say most christians believe out of fear. Fear of hell, punishment, and shunning of their family. To protect themselves from this fear, they rationalize why it's ok for God to do things that nobody else should ever do. "He created us therefore he can do whatever he wants to us."

If Jesus and Yahweh were real (they're demonstrably not), then how is it your fault if they refuse to speak to you or show that they're real?

I realized that even if they were real, i can't respect them. I was told if i called out to Jesus, he would answer and that Yahweh was omnipresent. So either they ignored me, or was watching in the cuck tent, while i was being raped. I cried for them to intervene, and they stayed silent. So even if they were real, they'd have to beg me to do anything but draw a sword on them.

Just like they let that Duggar dude molest his sisters and his Dad buried it to protect him. Either Jesus and God are immoral af or they don't exist."

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Bacteriologist(m): 2:40pm On Feb 20, 2023
Theists often claim we atheists are "angry" with god. We're not! I'm not more angry with god than you are about Vishnu or Shiva, Poseidon, Thor/all the other 4000+ gods you don't believe in or any other fantasy figure like Voldemort or Sauron.

But if I believed in god I would still be absolutely furious about some of the things he does. Like bringing that earthquake to Syria and Turkey and causing the death and suffering to millions of people!

At least he could have the decency to save the children from being trapped for days in fear and pain waiting for a rescue that never made it until it was too late.

If a loving god could save them - it would!
It's just one more obvious proof the illusion of a loving god is false. The thought that it actually should demand us to not only believe, but believe in its loving character is insane. How do you feel?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (Reply)

Jesus is coming soon. This thread is for faithful watchmen / Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.