Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,867 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

My Thoughts And Questions About Religion - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Thoughts And Questions About Religion (228852 Views)

Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Questions About Demon Possession - Nairaland Demonology Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:
I guess the argument stands since I've once again proved the analogy right.

Like I said previously, go find a non-controversial example. Until the case is concluded, we do not know if Obasanjo is actually right. You seem to rate yourself highly so go find a GOOD analogy. I'll be here when you get back.

IanDiamonds:
Yes they we're, and we can use cain as an example as spelt out in Genesis 4:6 - 7
6. Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? 7. "If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it."

I think I'll begin to question your Knowledge of how well you know the bible

Again the folly! Did you read my comments or you just went on on your own to prove your case.

Here was my comment:

So sins, causatives and punishments are spelt out in the Adamic, Noahic, and Abrahamic covenants like the Mosaic law...

So you need to begin by telling us how sins, causatives and punishments were spelt out in the Mosaic law and contrast that with the so-called Adamic, Noahic and Abrahamic law. That is the way to pass in school. Which school did you say you went to again?

Never mind, it is the society that actually trains a child (Yoruba proverb), therefore I'll help out here. Here is an Example from Deuteronomy 28:15-24

15 Obey the Lord your God, and faithfully follow all his commands and laws that I am giving you today. If you don’t, all these curses will come to you and stay close to you:

16 You will be cursed in the city and cursed in the country.

17 The grain you harvest and the bread you bake will be cursed.

18 You will be cursed. You will have few children. Your land will have few crops. Your cattle will be cursed with few calves, and your flocks will have few lambs and kids.

19 You will be cursed when you come and cursed when you go.

20 The Lord will send you curses, panic, and frustration in everything you do until you’re destroyed and quickly disappear for the evil you will do by abandoning the Lord. 21 The Lord will send one plague after another on you until he wipes you out of the land you’re about to enter and take possession of. 22 The Lord will strike you with disease, fever, and inflammation; heat waves,[a] drought,[b] scorching winds,[c] and ruined crops. They will pursue you until you die. 23 The sky above will look like bronze, and the ground below will be as hard as iron. 24 The Lord will send dust storms and sandstorms on you from the sky until you’re destroyed.

Can you see what I'm seeing? Good!

Consider the following in Leviticus:

Failing to testify against any wrongdoing you’ve witnessed (5:1) ["They will be held responsible."]

Failing to testify against any wrongdoing you’ve been told about (5:1) [Which sounds like hearsay. At any rate, "they shall be held responsible."]

Bringing unauthorised fire before God (10:1) [God will kill you.]

Letting your hair become unkempt (10:6) ["You will die" and God will be angry at everyone.]

Tearing your clothes (10:6) ["You will die" and God will be angry at everyone.]

Drinking alcohol in holy places (bit of a problem for Catholics, this ‘un) (10:9) ["You will die."]

Going to church within 66 days after giving birth to a girl (12:5) [Actually, she's unclean a week, and then another 66 days. Then she has to offer up a sacrifice.]

Having sex with your father’s wife (18:cool [In 20:11, both are to be put to death.]

Do you understand me now? Good!

So, now that I have done half of the work for you, go and get us how the Adamic, Noahic and Abrahamic covenant is spelt out like the Mosaic covenant JUST as I taught you above.

Again, take your time. No rushing with this assignment. I'm here if you need further explanation.

See ya, buddy

4 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 3:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
sinequanon:

It is on topic. I am only explaining the source of your ranting to you -- you still need to "test yourself" against your bible.

Your explanation that you are seeking space and less animosity does not ring true, imo.

I don't think that challenging your bible and talking about a sky daddy is about fulfilling your excuse of "more space". It is about going through a process of detachment. I have no particular issue with it. I just remark about it.

lol...who says it has to ring true to you? That it does not ring true to you does not make you right.

Are you a trained psychologist? If yes, show us prove. If not, who maketh thee a judge over such a thing as this? Go and form 'expertness' in your field bro.

I guess you have no desire to take my word for it, so you just have to take your leave in peace. Is that too much to ask?
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by PastorAIO: 4:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
joseph1013:

So you need to begin by telling us how sins, causatives and punishments were spelt out in the Mosaic law and contrast that with the so-called Adamic, Noahic and Abrahamic law. That is the way to pass in school. Which school did you say you went to again?

I don't know anything about any Adamic covenant, o. But I know htere was a covenant with Noah and with Abraham and with Isaac and with Jacob.

What is a covenant? A deal, to put it succinctly. An agreement.

With Noah God made a deal never to destroy the world by water again. That is the Noah covenant. It did not require anything for Noah to do in return.

With Abraham the deal was that God would give him a whole heap of things if he would cut off the foreskin of his Mr. Johnson and those of his sons.

There are many other covenants in the bible.

I don't think that Noah and Abrahams covenants came with any laws as such, except to chop off the tip of Mister johnson.

Noah's covenant came with absolutely no stipulations on the part of Noah.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by sinequanon: 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
joseph1013:

lol...who says it has to ring true to you? That it does not ring true to you does not make you right.

Are you a trained psychologist? If yes, show us prove. If not, who maketh thee a judge over such a thing as this? Go and form 'expertness' in your field bro.

I guess you have no desire to take my word for it, so you just have to take your leave in peace. Is that too much to ask?

The information is for me, so of course it has to ring true to me. LOL.

Isn't that how everybody makes up their mind?

And no. Just because I ask, doesn't mean I am going to take your word for it. Your answer has to ring true to me, first, and your's doesn't. It is a discussion board, and that it how information does or does not flow.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Hadeep: 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
ooman:

Ok. But which one really truly matters? my faith in god or my action?

If its action, why do I need to have faith?
If its faith, why do I need to act?
What matter is our action towards life in general. because if we just have faith but failed to live right then our faith is of no need. What the nature want from us is not only the faith but also our action. Moreover I choose to believe in God rather than in religion. Religion is confusing!!!

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 4:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
PastorAIO:

I don't know anything about any Adamic covenant, o. But I know htere was a covenant with Noah and with Abraham and with Isaac and with Jacob.

What is a covenant? A deal, to put it succinctly. An agreement.

With Noah God made a deal never to destroy the world by water again. That is the Noah covenant. It did not require anything for Noah to do in return.

With Abraham the deal was that God would give him a whole heap of things if he would cut off the foreskin of his Mr. Johnson and those of his sons.

There are many other covenants in the bible.

I don't think that Noah and Abrahams covenants came with any laws as such, except to chop off the tip of Mister johnson.

Noah's covenant came with absolutely no stipulations on the part of Noah.

Exactly! I'm actually looking at how they'd rationalize their way out of this.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
[b]A few thoughts... (3)

GOD CURES CANCER BUT CANNOT BOIL AN EGG

Religious people think God can create a universe from nothing but they know he can't mow a lawn. He can cure cancer but can't boil an egg.

I sometimes wonder why people think God can do impossibly hard things when they know he cannot do the simplest things a child can do. Why do we think God can do some things but not others?

It seems that God CANNOT do anything that has a fully predictable outcome. We know how to boil an egg but leave the egg, saucepan and water out for God to do the job and it will never happen.

However, we do not know how to cure a common cold. Colds almost always get better but we cannot predict exactly when you will recover. That is where God comes in.

There is a place for God in any process that we do not fully understand or that has an outcome that can be predicted only as a probability. There's a great probability of driving safely from Lagos to Ibadan so that's a job for God. And guess what? God takes care of you 99.98% of the time. Perfect, God works!

No, God does not work. God is self-deception on an industrial scale.
[/b]

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by philfearon(m): 6:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
honourhim:

Yea full affirmation because i ve experienced the truth as contained in them and I'm still experiencing it. Both directly ad indirectly.

I have no reason not to believe what i ve tested and proved to be true. Thanks.
Alright...
Explain with details and examples on the bolded @Above..
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by philfearon(m): 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
honourhim:

Yea. He is the creator of all things. He also never pretends about his person.
He created the Other god(s) and Lucifer too right?

The best is to accept him as written in the bible than carving out our own idea of him. Thanks.
You are contradicting yourself again here...If I am to accept him as he is,of what purpose is the Freewill he gave me?He could as well have made me without a mind of my own,so that I can't reason at all...For the fact that he doesn't know that his creation will revolt against him makes him a "less-knowing creator" and a creator who is afraid of his creation.....
He should have seen all this things,why did he still allow it and then at some point,he is noted to "regret" it.....How is that possible for an all-knowing God?

9 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by philfearon(m): 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

Do you believe in YAHWEH the Abrahamic God..?
You are wasting your time with those questions bro...If you don't have anything to say,go your way!!
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by IanDiamonds: 7:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
philfearon:

You are wasting your time with those questions bro...If you don't have anything to say,go your way!!

Funny you are. You like asking questions but you dont like being asked.
I take this as a No? Might I know If I'm right you mean No?
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by philfearon(m): 7:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
IanDiamonds:

Funny you are. You like asking questions but you dont like being asked.
I take this as a No? Might I know If I'm right you mean No?
You Asked me if I believe in God,I answered you and said yes...
You now started asking me if I believe in Yahweh again...What God were you referring to previously then?
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Shirley07: 8:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
joseph1013:

Hey buddy, there is no need to punctuate your comments with such statements as 'You are free to choose to love God or hate him, it your choice'. Of course it is my choice and it came by virtue of some really rigorous search.

So back to our discourse. Since there is no law to cause sin, what is the basis for the punishment melted out on Cain in the first instance? Why was Cain punished for what he was not warned about?

One of the things I have noticed about the religious is their tendency to resort to extra-biblical explanations and interpretations. Saying I don't know is often a problem for them. And that is exactly the reason why there are so many sects and denominations in all versions of religions.

You have to ask yourself: why does an all-loving, all-knowing, all-powerful God leave his children in this constant confusion that has led men into wars and witch-hunts where tens of millions have been killed.
You still don't get it, do you?
Inbreeding was the only way Adam and Eve generation could multiply the world in that Era.
When God told Adam and Eve to multiply the world, who do you think they and their offsprings were going to mutiply with, when they were the only human in the world.
You deviating from christianity has no meaning to me because you were never a christian to begin with. What you did was to practise religion as a result of being born in a christian, you never experienced salvation nor a true conviction.
And let me tell you, salvation is a personal experience. You're not saved by being born into a christian home nor by being a pastor's son/daughter.
Remember this, being religious is never christianity. Shalom
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by frank317: 8:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
Shirley07:

Inbreeding was the only way Adam and Eve generation could multiply the world in that Era.
When God told Adam and Eve to multiply the world, who do you think they and their offsprings were going to mutiply with, when they were the only human in the world.
You deviating from christianity has no meaning to me because you were never a christian to begin with. What you did was to practise religion as a result of being born in a christian, you never experienced salvation nor a true conviction.
And let me tell you, salvation is a personal experience. You're not saved by being born into a christian home nor by being a pastor's son/daughter.

So its now been established that Cain and others slept with their sisters even though the bible didn't say so.

Can I also conclude that Adam slept with one of his daugthers after eve died?

6 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by honourhim: 8:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
philfearon:

He created the Other god(s) and Lucifer too right?

Yea he created lucifer and his fallen angels.

philfearon:

You are contradicting yourself again here...If I am to accept him as he is,of what purpose is the Freewill he gave me?.

You are saying a different thing here. Accepting God the way the scripture defined him has nothing to do with freewill or whatever. I'm not talking about your accepting God by repentance. I mean accepting his characteristics/attributes that makes his person rather than trying to re-define him the way you want or think.

philfearon:
.For the fact that he doesn't know that his creation will revolt against him makes him a "less-knowing creator" and a creator who is afraid of his creation.....
He should have seen all this things,why did he still allow it and then at some point,he is noted to "regret" it.....How is that possible for an all-knowing God?

Yes he is all-knowing. He knows the end from the beginning, that means he knew lucifer will fall when he created him, he knew man will fall and he created him. The redemption plan was made from the foundation of the world and this also shows he knew man will fall.

He said he is a potter who creates some things unto honour and some things unto dishonour. As a creator he has his concept for creation. All these things could be part of his concept for creation and there's nothing any of us can do about it than to look at what he has put on ground for us and make our choices accordingly. Whichever one you choose then you face whatever comes with it. That's the truth. It may be bitter but that's what it is. For me I have no problem with God and his ways.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Shirley07: 8:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
frank317:

So its now been established that Cain and others slept with their sisters even though the bible didn't say so.

Can I also conclude that Adam slept with one of his daugthers after eve died?
That was the only way they could populate the world at that time. If not, you wouldn't have existed. Abraham even married his half sister.
However, when God noticed the mission have been accomplished, he forbids such as there's no justification for such.
Betwn, Adam didn't sleep with his children.

Adam didn't sleeap with
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by PastorAIO: 8:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
philfearon:
You Asked me if I believe in God,I answered you and said yes...
You now started asking me if I believe in Yahweh again...What God were you referring to previously then?

Yahweh the Noahic God which is not to be confused with Yahweh the Adamic God.

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by philfearon(m): 8:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
honourhim:

Yes he is all-knowing. He knows the end from the beginning, that means he knew lucifer will fall when he created him, he knew man will fall and he created him. The redemption plan was made from the foundation of the world and this also shows he knew man will fall. .
Lol. ....You are trying so hard to defend and protect your God. ..
Prevention as is noted, is better than cure; Of what use is redemption When perfection could have prevented "The Fall"?

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by philfearon(m): 8:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
PastorAIO:

Yahweh the Noahic God which is not to be confused with Yahweh the Adamic God.
Hnmmmm..See confusion!!
Which one is Yahweh the Noahic God and Yahweh the Adamic God again?
Okay,am talking of Yahweh the Mosaic God,Yahweh the Jacobic God,Yahweh the Abrahamic God,Yahweh the Elijaic God, Yahweh the Jesusic God, Yahweh the Paulic God,etc......
That's who am talking of!!
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by honourhim: 9:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
philfearon:

Lol. ....You are trying so hard to defend and protect your God. ..

I'm not defending rather I'm projecting God to you based on what is contained in the scripture. I said it earlier that you don't judge God outside what the bible said about him.
Those who defend God won't be open enough to make some of the points I made.

philfearon:

Prevention as is noted, is better than cure; Of what use is redemption When perfection could have prevented "The Fall"?

Redemption is operational in this world while perfection is in heaven. Again that's how he wants it.
Without redemption we won't know his mercy.

So will you reject redemption because you are not ok with the fact that he didn't give you perfection?
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Weah96: 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
joseph1013:
A lil rant (3)

GOD CURES CANCER BUT CANNOT BOIL AN EGG

Religious people think God can create a universe from nothing but they know he can't mow a lawn. He can cure cancer but can't boil an egg.

I sometimes wonder why people think God can do impossibly hard things when they know he cannot do the simplest things a child can do. Why do we think God can do some things but not others?

It seems that God CANNOT do anything that has a fully predictable outcome. We know how to boil an egg but leave the egg, saucepan and water out for God to do the job and it will never happen.

However, we do not know how to cure a common cold. Colds almost always get better but we cannot predict exactly when you will recover. That is where God comes in.

There is a place for God in any process that we do not fully understand or that has an outcome that can be predicted only as a probability. There's a great probability of driving safely from Lagos to Ibadan so that's a job for God. And guess what? God takes care of you 99.98% of the time. Perfect, God works!

No, God does not work. God is self-deception on an industrial scale.

Faith healers usually avoid amputees and the blind, choosing instead to heal people with diabetes and arthritis in front of the congregation. That ties into what you're saying.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by philfearon(m): 6:25am On Dec 18, 2014
honourhim:

Those who defend God won't be open enough to make some of the points I made.

Really!!

Redemption is operational in this world while perfection is in heaven. Again that's how he wants it.
Without redemption we won't know his mercy.

So will you reject redemption because you are not ok with the fact that he didn't give you perfection?
You are still doing what you accuse your fellow brethren of doing bro-Defending God...
You are still begging the question which is: Since you have in your statement above,stated that God intentionally planned for man to fail..He created man to be messed up,therefore why does he still take offence?

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by frank317: 7:53am On Dec 18, 2014
honourhim:

Yea he created lucifer and his fallen angels.

Yes he is all-knowing. He knows the end from the beginning, that means he knew lucifer will fall when he created him, he knew man will fall and he created him. The redemption plan was made from the foundation of the world and this also shows he knew man will fall.

He said he is a potter who creates some things unto honour and some things unto dishonour. As a creator he has his concept for creation. All these things could be part of his concept for creation and there's nothing any of us can do about it than to look at what he has put on ground for us and make our choices accordingly. Whichever one you choose then you face whatever comes with it. That's the truth. It may be bitter but that's what it is. For me I have no problem with God and his ways.

If God knows the end from the beginning, created Lucifer despite knowing that Lucifer will revolt against him and make man, his loving creation, to disobey him, then this whole drama makes no sense.

This your ideology only makes your God sound more silly and confused.

Why does he get angry at what he knew would happen?
Why does he regret creating man despite knowing he would sin against him?
Why is he asking people to come to him all those that are heavy laden when he already knows those who would perish and those who would yeild to his call.

Are u trying to tell me that God knew he would get angry or unhappy at man's behaviour even before he created man?

If God already know I will not yeild to his call of repentance, of what use is ur preaching to me?

Or am I getting you wrong? I am beginning to think your God is a psycho (no insult intended, just the conclusion from what I read from ur post)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 8:01am On Dec 18, 2014
sinequanon:

The information is for me, so of course it has to ring true to me. LOL.

Isn't that how everybody makes up their mind?

And no. Just because I ask, doesn't mean I am going to take your word for it. Your answer has to ring true to me, first, and your's doesn't. It is a discussion board, and that it how information does or does not flow.

That it does not ring true to you, again, is your cup of tea. I have no obligation to make you believe otherwise. And because I have no obligation to make you believe otherwise, I'm unwilling to do so except you show me you're an expert in psychology (a topic I'm in love with).
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 8:10am On Dec 18, 2014
Shirley07:

Again, the challenge of coming up with these assertions is that we open up a world of questions about their implications.

So, let's say Gos permitted in.ce.st by Cain. Why would God do that? Why does an all-knowing, all-powerful God do that?

Couldn't an all-knowing God design a creation plan that did not necessitate in.ce.st of the type that God would later make punishable by death? (Death is nothing mild, remember.) Was the in.ce.st requirement an "oops, my bad" slip of mind?

Was his God-breath not high octane enough to fuel multiple pairs of first generation humans whose children would not have to procreate with close relatives?

Think about it?

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 8:14am On Dec 18, 2014
Weah96:

Faith healers usually avoid amputees and the blind, choosing instead to heal people with diabetes and arthritis in front of the congregation. That ties into what you're saying.

[b]I agree. Consider the following example real life.

Many years ago, a friend was featured on TV. He was at a popular monthly religious healing meeting, very visibly being healed of epilepsy. I say visibly because he was having a fit right on stage. The 'spirit' of epilepsy was cast out and my friend returned home rejoicing.

A few months later, my friend was dead. He died of an epileptic fit. Died because the university students around him didn't know about safe positioning of a 'fitting' person. He died of a condition he had been cured of.

I lost a friend to cancer, despite the prayers of many. Not the containable type of cancer, treatable by resection surgery, but one that had spread. I lost another friend to cancer who refused to undergo treatment but chose to 'have faith.' Neither faith nor prayer could cure her.

I know 2 people with incurable auto-immune diseases, who are yet to be cured, despite their faith and the prayers of many.

Faith healers CANNOT heal people of incurable diseases. They CANNOT grow out amputated limbs. They CANNOT create new eyeballs where there's been none. They CANNOT make a bone fully heal on the same day that it breaks. They CANNOT reverse the paralytic effects of polio or the musculoskeletal imbalance of cerebral palsy. They CANNOT raise the truly dead.

The things that they do, that convince the unsuspecting hoipolloi to believe, can be explained in many of several other ways. I've seen enough of these healings on video, and heard enough testimonies. What we need is for a skeptic to go about with a camera to investigate these accounts of healing and miracles and post the results on social media.

It won't stop the believers from believing, but at least it should bring a different spin to the discussion.
[/b]

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by philfearon(m): 8:15am On Dec 18, 2014
frank317:

If God knows the end from the beginning, created Lucifer despite knowing that Lucifer will revolt against him and make man, his loving creation, to disobey him, then this whole drama makes no sense.

Why is he asking people to come to him all those that are heavy laden when he already knows those who would perish and those who would yeild to his call.

Are u trying to tell me that God knew he would get angry or unhappy at man's behaviour even before he created man?

If God already know I will not yeild to his call of repentance, of what use is ur preaching to me?

Or am I getting you wrong? I am beginning to think your God is a psycho (no insult intended, just the conclusion from what I read from ur post)
You said the Pure Truth as it is bro...Only People who are blinded by religious indoctrination will say otherwise!!

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by frank317: 8:18am On Dec 18, 2014
Lol... Our dear funny God permitted in.cest at first because that was the only way his all knowing mind could come up on how the earth could populate.

Then he later stopped it after achieving his aim and decide that anyone who does it will be punished by death or be thrown in hell forever.

Your God must be an all knowing clown

7 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 8:19am On Dec 18, 2014
frank317:

Very true!

Why become angry at something you knew would happen, and not just know would happen but equally have the power to stop from happening?
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by philfearon(m): 8:21am On Dec 18, 2014
joseph1013:

I agree. Consider the following example real life.

Many years ago, a friend was featured on TV. He was at a popular monthly religious healing meeting, very visibly being healed of epilepsy. I say visibly because he was having a fit right on stage. The 'spirit' of epilepsy was cast out and my friend returned home rejoicing.

A few months later, my friend was dead. He died of an epileptic fit. Died because the university students around him didn't know about safe positioning of a 'fitting' person. He died of a condition he had been cured of.

I lost a friend to cancer, despite the prayers of many. Not the containable type of cancer, treatable by resection surgery, but one that had spread. I lost another friend to cancer who refused to undergo treatment but chose to 'have faith.' Neither faith nor prayer could cure her.

I know 2 people with incurable auto-immune diseases, who are yet to be cured, despite their faith and the prayers of many.

Faith healers CANNOT heal people of incurable diseases. They CANNOT grow out amputated limbs. They CANNOT create new eyeballs where there's been none. They CANNOT make a bone fully heal on the same day that it breaks. They CANNOT reverse the paralytic effects of polio or the musculoskeletal imbalance of cerebral palsy. They CANNOT raise the truly dead.

The things that they do, that convince the unsuspecting hoipolloi to believe, can be explained in many of several other ways. I've seen enough of these healings on video, and heard enough testimonies. What we need is for a skeptic to go about with a camera to investigate these accounts of healing and miracles and post the results on social media.

It won't stop the believers from believing, but at least it should bring a different spin to the discussion.
You are absolutely right bro!!
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Shirley07: 9:45am On Dec 18, 2014
joseph1013:

Again, the challenge of coming up with these assertions is that we open up a world of questions about their implications.

So, let's say Gos permitted in.ce.st by Cain. Why would God do that? Why does an all-knowing, all-powerful God do that?

Couldn't an all-knowing God design a creation plan that did not necessitate in.ce.st of the type that God would later make punishable by death? (Death is nothing mild, remember.) Was the in.ce.st requirement an "oops, my bad" slip of mind?

Was his God-breath not high octane enough to fuel multiple pairs of first generation humans whose children would not have to procreate with close relatives?

Think about it?
There's a reason for such, which is to enable a unified world. Even evolution scientist can't dispute the theory that we descended from one source, making the world a unified world. Without it, there won't be any semblance of love in this world we live in.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Shirley07: 9:58am On Dec 18, 2014
joseph1013:

I agree. Consider the following example real life.

Whatever you choose to believe. As for me, my faith is unwavered.
And I have seen a dead rise up in a camp I attended and this isn't a farce. I myself, apart from experiencing a true salvation, have seen His wonders around me.
Like I said earlier, you were never a christian to begin with. If you were, the experience of true salvation is enough to convince you there's God. Next time, aspire to carry the right spirit within you and this you can't get by being religious, you have to retrace your steps.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (130) (Reply)

Jesus is coming soon. This thread is for faithful watchmen / Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.