Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,283 members, 7,780,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:35 PM

My Thoughts And Questions About Religion - Religion (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Thoughts And Questions About Religion (227159 Views)

Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Questions About Demon Possession - Nairaland Demonology Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by 9inches(m): 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2018
HellVictorinho:

Nothing positive about them has been discovered so far.
Discovered by who?
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2018
9inches:
Discovered by who?

Humans
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2018
HellVictorinho:

Why do mosquitoes exist ?
Every creature is to support the peaceful and purposeful existence of man! Genesis 1:26
But after Man's rebellion all those creatures turned against man and man have to either try to seek their peace by taming those that can be tamed and stay away from those that can't be tamed. They're not supposed to inflict pain on humans but since man has alienated himself from his Creator, all those creatures also alienated themselves from the one who named all of them! Genesis 2:19
Jesus could speak and control any creature including the forces of nature, because He(Jesus) is with God from the beginning and never alienated Himself from God! Mark 4:39-41 compared to John 1:1,2
That's why He FEARS no creature, even demon possessed humans who can be as violent as wild beasts. Matthew 8:28,29
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
TATIME:
Every creature is to support the peaceful and purposeful existence of man! Genesis 1:26
But after Man's rebellion all those creatures turned against man and man have to either try to seek their peace by taming those that can be tamed and stay away from those that can't be tamed. They're not supposed to inflict pain on humans but since man has alienated himself from his Creator, all those creatures also alienated themselves from the one who named all of them! Genesis 2:19

Wow!!!!But fishes were alive then,yet you eat them almost everyday
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2018
HellVictorinho:

Wow!!!!But fishes were alive then,yet you eat them almost everyday
Humans weren't allowed to do that from the beginning! Genesis 9:3-5
Adam's descendants were given the privilege to start eating FLESH long after the death of Adam and Eve with all their generation!
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by LordReed(m): 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2018
TATIME:
Jesus could speak and control any creature including the forces of nature, because He(Jesus) is with God from the beginning and never alienated Himself from God! Mark 4:39-41 compared to John 1:1,2
That's why He FEARS no creature, even demon possessed humans who can be as violent as wild beasts. Matthew 8:28,29

LoL that's why there are creatures in the ocean depths that we'll probably never see or the undiscovered ones in unexplored places. Let's not even mention all the thousands that have become extinct before man even knew they existed.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 29, 2018
TATIME:
Humans weren't allowed to do that from the beginning! Genesis 9:3-5

Fishes can't turn against man
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 29, 2018
LordReed:

LoL that's why there are creatures in the ocean depths that we'll probably never see or the undiscovered ones in unexplored places. Let's not even mention all the thousands that have become extinct before man even knew they existed.
There are still many animals that have gone into extinct due to man's activities that is against God's will, Adam knew much more than what we now have regarding Creatures that first existed in the onset!
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 29, 2018
HellVictorinho:

Fishes can't turn against man
Sorry my friend all creatures went their own way after the rebellion in Eden and those who have what it takes to kill man for food are doing so ,e.g SHARKS
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
@HellVictorinho
Please i'm at an occasion now but let's see if there are questions that TRUE Christianity cannot answer from the Bible! See you later Thanks for giving us your time!
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 29, 2018
TATIME:
Sorry my friend all creatures went their own way after the rebellion in Eden and those who have what it takes to kill man for food are doing so ,e.g SHARKS
You are basically saying man was an 'alien'.Can you tell me why an 'alien' who was practically stupid despite being in the image of 'US' had to be our 'first parent'.Were 'THEY' aware of the presence of the 'Glorious Lunatic/Lucifer-turn-Fallen Angel' in the Perfect but Tree-like-bomb-secured Garden where marital issues first occurred.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by LordReed(m): 3:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
TATIME:
There are still many animals that have gone into extinct due to man's activities that is against God's will, Adam knew much more than what we now have regarding Creatures that first existed in the onset!

Dude animals are not made for man. Biodiversity is a result of evolutionary mechanics not an act of creation. There is no reason to assume a god made such diversity in the animal and plant kingdom to service man when he was not going to eat or interact with the vast majority of them. You are simply struggling to formulate an account of biodiversity that ignores the evidence on ground.

BTW There is no possible way a prehistoric human could've seen 1/10th of the creatures on earth, talk less of naming them all in one day. That's just another part of the fairytale you people believe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 4:40pm On Dec 30, 2018
Adekunle Adeite wrote:

Ọ̀run Àpáàdi

Àpáàdi is broken clay pot, a potsherd. Ọ̀run is the ‘world’ beyond the sky. Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther joined the two words together and thought it should mean ‘hell’.

That was how Crowther brought a lot of laughable translations into Yoruba vocabulary. When convenient for him, he substituted English words with Yoruba words that have nothing in common with those English words. At other times, he would just add a vowel to the English word or name and boom, Jacob will become Jakobu, John became Johanu, and Moses would become Mose. He sold that crap to the generation before us. He couldn't do much with Isiah and Matthew, so he left those ones alone, but he made sure Luke became Luku.

Crowther’s translations have gone so far that some non-Yoruba scholars refer to a false Yoruba belief in some ‘heaven of potsherds. An example is Peter Ogunboye and Lois Fuller in the article ‘The Human Soul in Yoruba/Igbo Tradition and the Bible’ published in Africa Journal of Evangelical Theology Vol 19, Issue 1 of 2000 (Pp. 75-86).

That a Yoruba Muslim or Christian has been indoctrinated with the concept of heaven and hell does not make it a Yoruba belief. Yoruba beliefs are those that existed before Crowther and Rev. Samuel Johnson.

Talking about after-life in Yoruba belief must include Àtúnwá and adìyẹ-ìrànà. ‘The idea of reincarnation among the Yoruba is indicative of the belief in the immortality of life. The actual word for reincarnation in Yoruba is Atunwa. As a matter of fact, the word ‘Atunwa’ implies the second rebirth of a person or the shooting forth of a branch or born again” Ogungbemi (1997:77)

Crowther assumed that bad people would have to walk on potsherds to pay for their sins. That was his thoughts, not Yoruba belief. Yoruba has no HELL.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2018
LordReed:

Dude animals are not made for man. Biodiversity is a result of evolutionary mechanics not an act of creation. There is no reason to assume a god made such diversity in the animal and plant kingdom to service man when he was not going to eat or interact with the vast majority of them. You are simply struggling to formulate an account of biodiversity that ignores the evidence on ground.

BTW There is no possible way a prehistoric human could've seen 1/10th of the creatures on earth, talk less of naming them all in one day. That's just another part of the fairytale you people believe.
Are you still interested in understanding the book or are you just STRUGGLING to find flaws in it's PRACTICAL explanations?
Well the document said all those creatures were part of the preparation for the coming of the only creature made in HIS image, and regarding the naming of them all the creatures,that can't be difficult within 1,000 years which is equivalent of a day before they eat the forbidden fruit! 2Peter 3:8 wink wink
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 30, 2018
HellVictorinho:

You are basically saying man was an 'alien'.Can you tell me why an 'alien' who was practically stupid despite being in the image of 'US' had to be our 'first parent'.Were 'THEY' aware of the presence of the 'Glorious Lunatic/Lucifer-turn-Fallen Angel' in the Perfect but Tree-like-bomb-secured Garden where marital issues first occurred.
It's not so my friend, Man wasn't an alien from the beginning. There is a huge difference between an alien and someone who intentionally alienated himself from another person.
Man alienated himself from God, making God a stranger who supposed to give him and his wife some PRIVACY because according to him "they were naked",forgetting that this person created them(according to the book) giving them the male and female organs! wink wink
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by LordReed(m): 8:34pm On Dec 30, 2018
TATIME:
Are you still interested in understanding the book or are you just STRUGGLING to find flaws in it's PRACTICAL explanations?
Well the document said all those creatures were part of the preparation for the coming of the only creature made in HIS image, and regarding the naming of them all the creatures,that can't be difficult within 1,000 years which is equivalent of a day before they eat the forbidden fruit! 2Peter 3:8 wink wink

While you choose to ignore real life evidence for the tales of a storybook.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by 9inches(m): 9:03pm On Dec 30, 2018
HellVictorinho:

Humans
Okay, but have you realized why you exist and the meaning of your life?
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 30, 2018
TATIME:
It's not so my friend, Man wasn't an alien from the beginning. There is a huge difference between an alien and someone who intentionally alienated himself from another person.
Man alienated himself from God, making God a stranger who supposed to give him and his wife some PRIVACY because according to him "they were naked",forgetting that this person created them(according to the book) giving them the male and female organs! wink wink

You don't get it!!!!!!Man was an alien in the sense that he wasn't ordinary. An ordinary person doesn't command lions.Read your Bible carefully.You didn't comment on my description of the so-called perfect environment in which he existed.You also failed to comment on the matter of the glorious lunatic-turned-fallen rebel.How about the marital conflict between the powerful but stupid couple which arose from the joblessness of the female alien
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2018
9inches:
Okay, but have you realized why you exist and the meaning of your life?

My life is not a word in the dictionary. And I exist simply because someone gave birth to me.The question should be why do humans exist?
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by johnw47: 11:36pm On Dec 30, 2018
TATIME:

2Pe 3:8  But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 

which means eternity is not like time

"then there was evening and morning a new day"
those days were 24 hours long

Gen 1:24  And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. 
Gen 1:25  And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 
Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 
Gen 1:27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 
Gen 1:28  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 
Gen 1:29  And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 
Gen 1:30  And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 
Gen 1:31  And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day

also if the earth turned at a slower speed for the days to be much longer, gravity would be weakened
and things would move of the face of the earth into the atmosphere

the day of the Lord is a thousand years long, but it's not a literal day, it's:
the reign of the Lord:

Rev_20:6  Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

the day when God made the animals and man and bought the animals to adam to name them
was the sixth day, a literal day with a evening and morning
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by johnw47: 11:58pm On Dec 30, 2018
TATIME:
WORKS comes from energy (power). Power is classified in two forms (1) Physical abilities (2) Mental abilities.
Physical is what you're able to do with your body as in what you're capable of handling PHYSICALLY!
Mentally is the result of your intelligence as in ability to make use of your brains!
Both can work great things, but while physical has limitations, Mental can achieve countless things.
Jesus wasn't referring to the former when He said His mortal followers will do GREATER works than He did,because PHYSICALLY Jesus can control all the forces of nature while NOBODY amongst humans can try one tenth of it. So what was Jesus talking about?
Of course the word BELIEVE has a lot to do with the brain,therefore Jesus is referring to the later
When someone's brains has been filled with the thoughts and words of Jesus, such a person can go a long way in the preaching and teaching WORK LONGER than Jesus did.
Today TRUE Christians have done just that!
*Jesus only preached and teach for three and a half years, but some Christians have spent close to 70 years in the WORK!
*Jesus only preached within Israel, but Christians have preached in far distant lands in fact to the end of the earth!
*Jesus had only a mother and siblings to challenge his preaching works but many Christians had to deal with wives,children, in-laws, bosses, cotenants apart from mother and siblings!
In these regard some Christians have done WORKS greater than Jesus. But when someone is expecting powerless humans to do PHYSICAL works greater than that which a person whose strength as in inner force can calm a storm. embarassed embarassed Haba that's just too much to expect of them! undecided undecided

Joh 14:12  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 

false jw tatime
as usual you change the clear and plain meaning of what Jesus said
He said "the works that I do shall you do also"
He did not say "the mental side of the works i do you will do also"
it's not about christians being able to do greater - better, works than Jesus
nobody can ever do that
it's about christians doing greater - more, works than Jesus did

Jesus done much in His 33 years, especially last few
christians over two thousand years are doing more, with the help of the Holy Spirit
physically and mentally

greater
G3187
μείζων
meizōn
mide'-zone
Irregular comparative of G3173; larger (literally or figuratively, specifically in age): - elder, greater (-est), more.

Joh 16:7  Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Act 19:12  So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them. 

Rom 15:19  Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by johnw47: 12:16am On Dec 31, 2018
TATIME:
@HellVictorinho
Please i'm at an occasion now but let's see if there are questions that TRUE Christianity cannot answer from the Bible! See you later Thanks for giving us your time!

false jw tatime
anyone can answer from the bible,
but one saying that Jesus body wasn't raised,
and that there are two gods: almighty god the father and mighty god the son
is not a true christian

a group that makes false prophecies over years and decades is not a christian group, etc. etc.

your false beliefs and your lack of bibical understanding as seen in just a couple of posts, shows that
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 4:42am On Dec 31, 2018
LordReed:

While you choose to ignore real life evidence for the tales of a storybook.
GREAT! That's my own choice and it's like your faculty is about FREEDOM OF THOUGHTS. So if i'm free to choose what i'll do with MY OWN BRAIN, i think i should be allowed to do just that as long as i'm not disturbing you ACCORDING TO YOUR FACULTY! Or are you now trying to CONTROL me on how to live my life? Remember your faculty placed much emphasis on zero compliance to mind controlling!wink wink wink
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 4:55am On Dec 31, 2018
HellVictorinho:

You don't get it!!!!!!Man was an alien in the sense that he wasn't ordinary. An ordinary person doesn't command lions.Read your Bible carefully.You didn't comment on my description of the so-called perfect environment in which he existed.You also failed to comment on the matter of the glorious lunatic-turned-fallen rebel.How about the marital conflict between the powerful but stupid couple which arose from the joblessness of the female alien
According to the BOOK, he was given authority over ALL OTHER CREATURES THAT IS ON THE EARTH. That's not too difficult for me to agree with because i can see that those the BOOK called the descendants of that first extraordinary personality Adam are still dominating all other creatures on earth today! Man doesn't have the strength to stand before Elephants,Lions,Tigers,Rhinoceros,Crocodiles,Whales,Sharks and so on but man has the ability to cage any of them at will and what's more? Man can send them to extinct at will! wink wink wink
Certainly they were all created to be CONTROLLED by the only dominating creature on earth today known as MAN! undecided undecided undecided
Your doubts about the BOOK now is the result of misinformed religious groups misrepresenting the BOOK, they thought you according to the level of their ignorance coupled with their selfish interest in extorting money from you. So if you're finding faults with the BOOK, it's not that the book can't answer all your questions but it's due to how they've twisted what was written in it to fit in to their own ignorance,therefore you determination to start using your brains now is a welcomed development, it will help you to IDENTIFY those who supposed to explain what was written in the BOOK to you! smiley smiley
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 31, 2018
@HellVictorinho
True Christians only make presentations to you about what we've got. If you've found WISDOM in it then ask for how to contact us or how we can locate you for further enlightenment or inquiries about our BOOK(Bible)
But if you're determined never to give any room for FAITH again, we understand how you feel and what could have prompted such decisions, we'll only implore you to reconsider the chances of meeting with true representatives of the author of that BOOK.
Freewill is about choosing whatever you'll like to do with your life, so NOBODY should pester you into succumbing to their own reasoning. You're a FREE agent my friend! Thanks cool cool

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by LordReed(m): 6:25am On Dec 31, 2018
TATIME:
GREAT! That's my own choice and it's like your faculty is about FREEDOM OF THOUGHTS. So if i'm free to choose what i'll do with MY OWN BRAIN, i think i should be allowed to do just that as long as i'm not disturbing you ACCORDING TO YOUR FACULTY! Or are you now trying to CONTROL me on how to live my life? Remember your faculty placed much emphasis on zero compliance to mind controlling!wink wink wink

Feel free to ignore reality, there's a word we use for such things and it doesn't connote someone who has control of their mental faculties.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 31, 2018
LordReed:

Feel free to ignore reality, there's a word we use for such things and it doesn't connote someone who has control of their mental faculties.
A word YOU use for such things. embarassed embarassed
We're Christians remember.
So we know and believe that there is someone much more intelligent than ordinary man that's CONTROLLING us, and of course we also use a word for humans who are assuming they've got control of their mental faculties too,so it's vise vasa my friend. wink wink
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 31, 2018
TATIME:
So we know and believe that there is someone much more intelligent than ordinary man that's CONTROLLING us, and of course we also use a word for humans who are assuming they've got control of their mental faculties too,so it's vise vasa my friend. wink wink

How do u knw that there is someone controlling reality? This is the one question you christians have failed to answer for centuries, WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 31, 2018
@LordReed
It's just as simple as ABC Sir, we're Christians meaning we're thinking, talking and acting in line with the teachings of someone CHRIST!
On the other hand you assume you're in control of your own mental faculty.
So while we're struggling to maintain orderliness in line with the teachings of the one CONTROLLING us,you and other countless ATHEISTS are finding it difficult to maintain a common ground!
I've told you already that all those who feels like controlling themselves are ATHEISTS no matter what they're claiming be it Christian,Muslim, Buddhist and co. Christianity is all about our Lord CHRIST so don't worry about whatever you choose to call us because we've discovered we need guidance and that's how we'll live until we expire! Romans 8:35-39
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by LordReed(m): 7:33am On Dec 31, 2018
TATIME:
TATIME:
@LordReed
It's just as simple as ABC Sir, we're Christians meaning we're thinking, talking and acting in line with the teachings of someone CHRIST!
On the other hand you assume you're in control of your own mental faculty.
So while we're struggling to maintain orderliness in line with the teachings of the one CONTROLLING us,you and other countless ATHEISTS are finding it difficult to maintain a common ground!
I've told you already that all those who feels like controlling themselves are ATHEISTS no matter what they're claiming be it Christian,Muslim, Buddhist and co. Christianity is all about our Lord CHRIST so don't worry about whatever you choose to call us because we've discovered we need guidance and that's how we'll live until we expire! Romans 8:35-39

Just understand you reject reality in favour of fairytales.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 31, 2018
MhizAngel99:

How do u knw that there is someone controlling reality? This is the one question you christians have failed to answer for centuries, WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?
Close to 2,000 years ago when Jesus started this movement back then in Judea, it seems impossible that what He was saying could be unachievable.
But today the Bible and Jehovah's Witnesses are indisputable evidence of what that young Nazarene said back then, He laid down His life for this course and today i can wholeheartedly say Jesus has achieved globally what He instituted with a very small group of 12 Jews some 2,000 years ago!
Over 8million souls have surrendered using force to achieve their objectives, clinging to the hope of a coming ruler who will end all wickedness.
A worldwide brotherhood has been formed,different individuals from enemy nations on this planet are coming together now as one happy global family.
Obedient and peace loving youths have been raised by an organization today despite the degraded morality in the society
So my friend, the EVIDENCE is here already but it's you and countless ATHEISTS like you that's denying what you can SEE with your own eyes! wink wink
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 31, 2018
LordReed:

Just understand you reject reality in favour of fairytales.
YES ooooooooo FAIRYTALES will be just a PERFECT definition of all what is found in the Bible assuming the Jehovah's Witnesses aren't around today! Isaiah 43:10-12 undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (130) (Reply)

The First Britsh Slave Ship To Reach The Americas Was Called The Good Jesus! / Jesus is coming soon. This thread is for faithful watchmen / Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.