Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. (88660 Views)

The Difference In Self Block Moulding And Buying Vaibrated Blocks / How Many Blocks And Bags Of Cement Will Completed 3 Bedroom Flat Foundation. / Buying Or Moulding Blocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by Amisec: 12:52pm On Mar 25, 2015
tasland:
but Ɣợ̣̣̇̇̇μ̥ said one company(bolyn) i̶̲̥̅̊s makin at lagos?

Only saw their website bolyn consult. You can google it.
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by tasland(m): 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
Amisec:

Only saw their website bolyn consult. You can google it.
⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡K⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥ if we can no dere own price it Wȋ̊ℓℓ b better dan D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ china oo own
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by Amisec: 5:39pm On Mar 25, 2015
tasland:
⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡K⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥ if we can no dere own price it Wȋ̊ℓℓ b better dan D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ china oo own

2012 Price on their webpage is 400 to 600 dollars.
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by propzncribz: 5:41am On Mar 26, 2015
If you are moulding, will the moulder use a vibrator? If yes,then go ahead and mould it but if not, go and buy vibrated blocks.
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by terrylin0501(m): 4:55am On Nov 25, 2015
Hello Sir,
Do you still need concrete mixer, pls contact with us.

Best regards
TERRY LIN
Email: terrylin@wztianyuan.com
It is my intention to buy a concrete mixer and a brick making machine.

Then pay a laborer to make the bricks under supervision.

At the end of thd project sell the equipments.

It won't work for everybody though.
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by xdream(m): 4:53am On Jan 11, 2016
I enjoyed reading this trend. Well, I am an entrepreneur in this field and I can categorically tell you that I produce solid blocks.

I don't tell my customers to stand on my blocks or soak it in water to confirm how solid it is, I raise the blocks up to my chest and leave it freely to fall, no cracks after experimenting this before my customers.

You can actually tell from the pictures below that these are strong blocks.

08038325115, 08026422698.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 7:29am On Aug 30, 2016
xdream:
I enjoyed reading this trend. Well, I am an entrepreneur in this field and I can categorically tell you that I produce solid blocks.

I don't tell my customers to stand on my blocks or soak it in water to confirm how solid it is, I raise the blocks up to my chest and leave it freely to fall, no cracks after experimenting this before my customers.

You can actually tell from the pictures below that these are strong blocks.

08038325115, 08026422698.

WHERES IS YOUR LOCATION AND HOW MUCH PER BLOCK...6INCHES
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by xdream(m): 12:08am On Sep 09, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:

WHERES IS YOUR LOCATION AND HOW MUCH PER BLOCK...6INCHES

Ajah, Lagos.

The price varies with the location
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by cubexy: 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2017
Please I really want to know how many bags of cement s can mould one trip of sand. Please can someone help me.

1 Like

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by NwaliE01: 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2017
[quote author=ETHIX post=28904868]Please mould your blocks. Find details below:

A tipper of sand cost 14,000 (not sharp sand o)
A tipper can mould 16 bags of cement
Workmanship per bag is 700 naira
You can mould 35 blocks with a bag of cement and the block will be very strong.
The cost of 1,120 blocks is 105,700 naira
Far better than you buying 1000 blocks for 120k
You pay for workmanship according to the bag of cements used which. . .
Your piece is still helpful till date. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by Jebosh(m): 6:32pm On Apr 28, 2018
Strongfaze:
Moulding is the best. Except that you need water abundantly to cure (bath) the blocks to make them very rock solid. And please concentrate on the amount of blocks per bag of cement. #40-50 per bag# those moulding it will arrive at either a plus or minus of your set target. Furthermore, 10 yards of sands can easily get you close to 1,500 blocks.
do u mean 10tons of sand?
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by Olami4life: 12:35pm On Jun 29, 2018
I also believe in moulding blocks. But my question is this, is 45 blocks (6"wink from a bag of cement too much?
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by Sunmolar(m): 9:10pm On Oct 08, 2018
tasland:
Mouldin it by ursef i̶̲̥̅̊s d beta chioce....am a builder bt my own builder i̶̲̥̅̊s base on interlockin red bricks,very cheap and so so strong
welldone. pls where is your location?
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by enyiulo: 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
can one million mould you 6 inches block and erect it above lintel level ,the rooms is 20 rooms
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by Analyst01(m): 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2018
enyiulo:
can one million mould you 6 inches block and erect it above lintel level ,the rooms is 20 rooms

I don't think it's possible.
I am a practicing civil engineer and also a building materials estimator.

If you already have a building plan for your 20-rooms building, you can reach me on frankitangltd@gmail.com for a materials and labour estimations of your proposed project.
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by lizdammy: 10:42pm On Mar 22, 2020
USAutoBuy:
Allow me to chime in a little bit into this very controversial subject. Concrete blocks depends mostly on the quality of aggregates (sharp sand, soft sand etc) and most importantly the mixing ratio.

Because the way Nigeria is, most people want something for nothing. Lets assume that a properly made block will cost like N140/block, people will come and start haggling even though they know its the normal price in the market.

What most block makers do is cut back on the quality to accommodate the price. If someone is adamant that they want to pay N120/blk, the guy will say fine rather than let the money "walk out the door".

I was listening to a program one day and it featured Engineer Victor Oyenuga (President, Nigeria institute of Structural Engineer 2009/2001) and his recommendations is as follows:m

3 sharp + 1 soft + 1bag of cement = 25-30 blocks

I have 2 close friends that produces blocks and even though they produces a little bit more than recommended, they agreed with the the above.

My 2 cents

Thanks for the good input
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by alizma: 12:41am On Apr 10, 2020
Firefire:

Assalamu ‘Alaikum @ alfa0,

Let me drop some lines to your inquiry.

1. It depends on your circumstances. (How fast do you want the project to be completed will determine if you need to buy ready made blocks or mold yours) however, molding has a lot of advantages over buying. e,g Quality of blocks and relatively lower in term of cost.

2. Depending on the area your project is located. We have different sizes of Tipper Truck deliverING Sharp sand. But in a simple term, 10 tyres full truck load of sand will give you 650 Blocks of 6" (15 Bags of Cements @ 45 blocks per bag) or (15 Bags of Cements @ 25 blocks per bag = 375 for 9" )

3. You will require Sharp Sand for making a strong block, also depending on the state. some state called it different names and some location also mix different sand. Here in Lagos we use sharp sand.

Do let me know if you require additional information.

I wish you goodluck in your project. tongue

Shalom.

Where are you?
Re: Do I Mold Blocks Or Buy It? Please Advice. by Ugmama(m): 8:05pm On Nov 15, 2020
Firefire:

Assalamu ‘Alaikum @ alfa0,

Let me drop some lines to your inquiry.

1. It depends on your circumstances. (How fast do you want the project to be completed will determine if you need to buy ready made blocks or mold yours) however, molding has a lot of advantages over buying. e,g Quality of blocks and relatively lower in term of cost.

2. Depending on the area your project is located. We have different sizes of Tipper Truck deliverING Sharp sand. But in a simple term, 10 tyres full truck load of sand will give you 650 Blocks of 6" (15 Bags of Cements @ 45 blocks per bag) or (15 Bags of Cements @ 25 blocks per bag = 375 for 9" )

3. You will require Sharp Sand for making a strong block, also depending on the state. some state called it different names and some location also mix different sand. Here in Lagos we use sharp sand.

Do let me know if you require additional information.

I wish you goodluck in your project. tongue

Shalom.

How much will it cost to fence a 4 plot of land?

50 by 100

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Who Built Home On Inlaws Land Uproots & Moves The Home After Divorce (video) / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / Quality Granite Supply,haulage At A Reasonble Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.