Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? (17773 Views)

What Will You Do If You Find Out Your Spouse Is Having Sex With Your Sibling? / MY BROTHER IS Cheating On His Wife / Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by redprofile(m): 1:05pm On Dec 06, 2008
I’m not sure ethics has anything to do with whether or not you should spy on a cheating spouse. If your spouse is cheating, it’s my opinion that a person has to do what needs to be done to protect themselves. As long as your motives are not to get revenge on a cheating spouse or to use the information you find to cause problems for the other man/other woman, I see nothing unethical about spying.
Things to Consider Before Spying:

There are things you should take into consideration before you begin your quest to find out if your spouse is cheating. First, are you ready for the conflict that will occur when your spouse finds out you have been spying on him/her? You should expect your spouse to be upset, to accuse you of not trusting them and to deny their own actions in favor of trying to make you feel guilty for spying.

Secondly, certain forms of “spying” are illegal. There are state and federal laws that regulate the use of surveillance equipment, recording devices and Internet software. You should become familiar with your state’s laws before you go full steam ahead with any sort of covert spying behavior.

Reasons Why You Should Spy:

There are 4 important reasons you should find out if your spouse is cheating:
To protect yourself emotionally. Worry over that nagging feeling in the pit of your stomach can be emotionally draining. Find out for sure what is going on will enable you to stop worrying and start coping.

To protect your health. If your spouse is cheating there is a danger of sexually transmitted diseases. If your spouse is having an affair and not using protection, they are putting your health at risk. Protecting your health is ultimately your responsibility and the main reason you should try and discover the truth.

To protect yourself legally. If the infidelity means the end of your marriage some state divorce laws still allow it to be used as grounds for divorce. Even in states with no-fault divorce laws a judge can and may take into consideration the conduct of your spouse when determining spousal support.

To protect your self-esteem. Infidelity in a marriage can cause a person to doubt their worth, doubt their attractiveness and question whether or not they themselves are responsible for the infidelity. It is imperative that you stand up for yourself if you feel your spouse is cheating. The best way to do that is gather information and confront them about their unacceptable behavior.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by ifyalways(f): 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2008
There is nothing legal or ethical about Spying jare.
Its a pity people claim to be married but YET can't trust their partners without some level of insecurity and "spying" cheesy springing up here and there.what happened to communication lines? lost or non- existing If there is fear in marriage,either from one party or both parties,all they need do is talk.Tell s/he your fears,watch his/her body language,watch his reaction,listen to what s/he has to say,open up your heart in a calm enviroment and think through your suspicion and ur partners defence line,look inwards and study your partner well.Before long you'd be faced with the hard truth which are:
You are simply paranoid/have your own insecurities.
Your partner is actually cheating.

I would rather talk about my fears than letting my fears torment me. cool

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by CrazyMan(m): 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2008
Its ok to spy. Most especially when you begin to notice some strange attitude you know wasn't present when you married him/her. You have to spy because most people who are engaging in extramaritial would deny it when confronted by their spouse. So catching them red handed is the only way out.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:05am On Dec 09, 2008
As far as I'm concerned it is okay to spy on your spouse if you think she's cheating and lying about it. Gather your evidence meticulously, get a good divorce lawyer and get out out of the marriage as fast as you can.

26 Likes

Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by kokorunna(m): 2:45pm On Dec 09, 2008
YES its ok to spy if you believe she is cheating, nothing ethical about that.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

www.churchwhereabouts.com

1 Like

Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by olanajim(m): 8:16pm On Dec 10, 2008
Spying have difference dimensions. Putting your spouse on surveilance may create problem if it turn out to be false and the other person find out. To be frank, the other person may never trust you again even though he/she had assured you it is nothing. He/she would put you on indefinite probation that forever place a big question mark on your integrity. What is more, such act would actually create insecurity and may drive the other person out of the home.

There are ways to spy on someone without having to jump into a trap.
Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by tRoOE(f): 3:06am On Dec 11, 2008
[size=13pt]I don't believe spying is good jare, catching him/her red handled is better.
Like the saying goes “Everyday is for the thief but a day is for the owner"
But wait a minute, why will i want to waste my hard earned money on sometimes like that
[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by otikpoko(m): 12:06am On Dec 12, 2008
Maybe undecided
Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by chisomquee: 10:50am On Dec 16, 2008
You bloody fool.

Shameless maggot who go sleeping around in disguise that her daughter is ill.

You dare call me empty, proud and arrogant (in directly) on the internet despite your foolish behaviours and lack of respect for your so call husband, and the guise that you are holy, Holy me foot.

You are simply dragging the fight and i promise to make it messy than you think SLOT, i promise to display every evidence (pictures inclusive) i have and more for the veiwing pleasure of the whole Nairalanders.

I promise to make a headline of you, since choose to show case your family matters on the internet gives you joy and lots of happiness.

Dont forget to tell them how daft and a lazy type you can be.

How my pictures got missing, how you under the guise of your class rep have coded your stupid boy friends name sending and receiving SMS two weeks into your tricked marriage until the buble burst right on your face, how you have being sleeping with your so call husbands friend and lots more that i will reveal soon on the internet (with Pictorial evidence).

I promise to make a nonsense out of you

No matter what you do on the internet it will reach me in just a matter of time its not a threatneither its that am tracking you, but some how your foolishness will bring you out.

Try me!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by ifyalways(f): 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2008
chisomquee:

You bloody fool.

Shameless creepy-crawlie who go sleeping around in disguise that her daughter is ill.

You dare call me empty, proud and arrogant (in directly) on the internet despite your foolish behaviours and lack of respect for your so call husband, and the guise that you are holy, Holy me foot.

You are simply dragging the fight and i promise to make it messy than you think SLOT, i promise to display every evidence (pictures inclusive) i have and more for the veiwing pleasure of the whole Nairalanders.

I promise to make a headline of you, since choose to show case your family matters on the internet gives you joy and lots of happiness.

don't forget to tell them how daft and a lazy type you can be.

How my pictures got missing, how you under the guise of your class rep have coded your stupid boy friends name sending and receiving SMS two weeks into your tricked marriage until the buble burst right on your face, how you have being sleeping with your so call husbands friend and lots more that i will reveal soon on the internet (with Pictorial evidence).

I promise to make a nonsense out of you

No matter what you do on the internet it will reach me in just a matter of time its not a threatneither its that am tracking you, but some how your foolishness will bring you out.

Try me!

shocked shocked undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by Arlington(f): 11:13pm On Dec 16, 2008
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa what is going on here did i miss something?Is this a husband and wife issue oya fire back i am bringing out  the popcorn! grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by Angolobabe(f): 10:44am On Dec 17, 2008
there is nothing wrong in spying when u suspect ur partner is cheating or changed from whom he used to be and start acting up strange attitude ,definately my curiousity will push me to spy and find out what is going on ,anyone engaging in extramarital affairs will deny untill u catch them red handed.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by LETDEMSAY(f): 12:50pm On Dec 17, 2008
Arlington:

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa what is going on here did i miss something?Is this a husband and wife issue oya fire back i am bringing out the popcorn! grin

@ Arlington lipsrsealed Acho que peguei o marido dela suspirar por baixo this is portuguese and its simply means " her husband i think caught her pant down"

Please don't make it loud, i knew all wasn't well with @ chisomquee (aka Over sabi), seems like the guy is smelling a rat around her lipsrsealed I didn't say anything.
Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by chisomquee: 8:12am On Dec 18, 2008
@LETDEMSAY
I THINK YOU ARE SICK IN THE HEAD,GO FOR MEDICAL ATTENTION B4 IT GETS OUT OF HAND.
Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by LETDEMSAY(f): 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2008
tongue tongue tongue tongue

@ chisomquee
truth they say is bitter.
chisomquee:

@LETDEMSAY
I THINK YOU ARE SICK IN THE HEAD,GO FOR MEDICAL ATTENTION before IT GETS OUT OF HAND.
Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by chisomquee: 2:41pm On Dec 18, 2008
@LETDEMSAY
WHICH TRUTH ARE YOU SAYING THAT IS BITTER.
Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by Shinatu: 3:07pm On Dec 18, 2008
@chisomquee

What's up?
Your first post on this thread needs some explanation.
I have tried to understand it in line with the subject being discussed but I am sorry I  don't .

1 Like

Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by OgaMadam(f): 4:41pm On Dec 18, 2008
@poster,

women struggle to believe their beloved is cheating, so evidence is needed in believing, unless you see it you will always be in denial.
always always listen to your gutt. if your gutt is telling you some's up, better find out, you can look for evidence and then match it up
by spying or properly finding out.

@chisomquee,
its rough.
Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by LETDEMSAY(f): 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2008
OgaMadam:

@poster,

women struggle to believe their beloved is cheating, so evidence is needed in believing, unless you see it you will always be in denial.
always always listen to your gutt. if your gutt is telling you some's up, better find out, you can look for evidence and then match it up
by spying or properly finding out.

@chisomquee,
its rough.

@ OgaMadam: i got replying to Chisomquee's tread when she contributed rough against the bankers(if though i used to be) but it got interesting seeing so more funny turn in her treads especially when the quote sounded like it was the guy.

It think she owe d house some explanations.

What do you all think?

Shinatu:

@chisomquee

What's up?
Your first post on this thread needs some explanation.
I have tried to understand it in line with the subject being discussed but I am sorry I don't .
Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by tolaani: 3:34pm On Mar 29, 2012
If you need a remote controlled key logger software for PC or mobile phone, send an email to sales@hotlemsecurityshop.com with your specific needs. A custom keylogger that will bypass any anti-virus can be yours at a fair price.
Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by ifyalways(f): 3:39pm On Mar 29, 2012
ROFL.
who resurrected this thread?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by VawuIenceProMax: 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2023
love-vendor her
Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by OgbeniOptional(m): 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2023
Had to erased my last comment but the summary is anything can happen and I'd love to die a peaceful man. It's not worth it trying to find out if your woman is cheating. We are all a potential murderer regardless of our faith if we are challenged in a scenario that could make u kill
but knowing fully well anything can happen will calm our nerves when it happen and that goes a long way

1 Like

Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by Fiscus105(m): 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
It's dangerous my brother.

Thr are things that shouldn't be investigated, at least for people to leave long and for peace to reign.

With what is happening now, 7/10 of married women have involved in extra marital affair, either now or in the past.

For married men, we all know it has become norm from time immemorial.

Catsh him or her red-handed would be a prefare option.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by stylishwears: 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
Not sure
Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by Boogyman557: 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by sholay4star: 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
Toooor
Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by FuckTheMod: 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
Yes
Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by FuckTheMod: 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
Absolutely
Re: Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? by FuckTheMod: 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2023
Spying on your partner's phone if you have any instinct or suspicions that they're cheating or doing something fishy IS THE BEST DECISION ANYONE CAN EVER TAKE.
ANYONE THAT'S AGAINST THIS IS A LYING CHEATING BASTARƊ
Doing this have saved me from a lot of Useless, lying cheating whóres.
When you have proofs, it changes the game and everything. In some cases, they become your slave.

IN THIS LIFE, DON'T LET ANYONE FÕÕL YOU.
IN MY EXPERIENCE, ALL GIRLS CHEAT, IT'S THE LEVEL OF CHEATING THAT VARIES.
SOME ARE LOOSE WHÓRES AND FREELY SLEEP WITH WHOEVER THAT ASK THEM OUT, WHILE SOME WILL NOT GET TO THE PHYSICAL ASPECT.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Stop Breastfeeding / Old Couple In Wedding Attire / A True Mother/virtuous Woman (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.