Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,734 members, 7,806,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo (6651 Views)

Message From Professor Yemi Osinbajo / What Is The State Of Origin Of Professor Osinbajo, Osinbajo, Oshibajo, Osibanjo / Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by SterlingTowers(m): 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
Yemi Osinbajo is the senior partner at SimmonsCooper Partners. Yemi is a professor of law and a former attorney-general of Lagos State and Commissioner for Justice. He is also a senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN). Yemi was educated at the University of Lagos, Nigeria (LLB, 1978) and the London School of Economics (LLM, 1980). He was admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 1979. He has authored several books on civil procedure in Nigerian superior courts, rules of evidence and justice reform.

Yemi has 31 years of litigation experience including significant trial and appellate work. Yemi supervises the commercial litigation group at SimmonsCooper Partners (SCP). Yemi is regarded as one of the finest advocates in Nigeria. Yemi has conducted very important constitutional and precedential cases before the Nigerian Supreme Court. Some of these include fiscal disputes between the federating units and the federal government; disputes regarding the ownership and control of oil and gas resources; town and physical planning disputes between the federating units and the federal government; an international territorial jurisdictional dispute in the West African sub-regional court; shareholder disputes involving a multinational, private investors and state-owned investment corporations and energy disputes arising from multinational participation in power projects in Nigeria. In other cases, Yemi has advised and represented clients in a broad range of commercial and corporate issues including securities litigation, investments and divestments, joint ventures, oil block acquisitions, product liability, fiduciary duties of directors, intellectual property, and corporate valuations. He is also involved in statutory and regulatory appraisal representation before the legislature and federal and state agencies.

While in public office as attorney general, Yemi is credited with undertaking far-reaching significant judicial reform in Lagos State, addressing critical areas as judges’ recruitment, remuneration, training and discipline. In addition, he addressed access to justice for the poor by establishing appropriate institutions in the Office of the Public Defender (OPD) and the Citizens Mediation Centre (CMC). In honour of his contributions to legal reform and the development of law in Nigeria, a compendium of essays on Nigerian constitutional law was compiled. The authors of these essays were senior lawyers and law professors with a foreword provided by a past chief justice of Nigeria.

Yemi is a member of the International Bar Association and the British Institute of International and Comparative Law and has served in the Nigerian Body of Benchers and the Council for Legal Education of Nigeria. He is currently an independent director of CitiBank Nigeria and an ethics adviser to the board of the Africa Development Bank. He has also served in various capacities within the United Nations Organisation. Yemi speaks frequently at several commercial litigation events locally and internationally. He is actively involved in the pursuit of legal education reform in Nigeria.
Copyright © 2011 SimmonsCooper Partners. http://www.scp-law.com/index.php/Yemi-Osinbajo

3 Likes

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by nickxtra(m): 4:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
Intimidating Resume, but you forgot to say that he is a senior Pastor with The Redeemed Christian Church.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
Jonathan Goodluck is very lucky I swear!!!!

His opponents scoring own goals since 2010!

what is Tinubu up to? These own goals are not mere co-incidence

someone may have just negotiated a deal for himself.

10 Likes

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by tit(f): 4:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
If Buhari die in office, will Osinbajo step down?

4 Likes

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by theV0ice: 4:16pm On Dec 15, 2014
mikeansy:
Jonathan Goodluck is very lucky I swear!!!!

His opponents scoring own goals since 2010!

what is Tinubu up to? These own goals are not mere co-incidence

someone may have just negotiated a deal for himself.

You and i know that you don't even believe what you typed up there wink

If he picked Fashola, you'll say he wants to islamise Nigeria, now he picked a professor of law who is a pastor in RCCG and you're still whining....are you an APC member?

Pls go to the polls and vote against him. simple

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by SterlingTowers(m): 4:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
I had the honour of being at a pre-litigation election petition strategic meeting with Him and some of the finest silks in the Country. The learned professor blew me away with his dept of Knowledge, Nigeria will indeed be blessed to have him on board the pedestal of power.

7 Likes

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
SterlingTowers:
I had the honour of being at a pre-litigation election petition strategic meeting with Him and some of the finest silks in the Country. The learned professor blew me away with his dept of Knowledge, Nigeria will indeed be blessed by him dept of Knowledge.

No one can question his brilliance and there are many like him all across Nigeria

But my question is how is he anymore of an electoral value than Tunde Bakare?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by mistabiola: 4:20pm On Dec 15, 2014
I'm noT sure maybe he will be able to pull the crowd but he has a good CV
Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by theV0ice: 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
mikeansy:

No one can question his brilliance and there are many like him all across Nigeria

Thank God you acknowledge his brilliance.....as to his electoral value, let those who chose him worry about that

3 Likes

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by thirty(m): 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
Discerning electorate is the bedrock of objective choice.

Vote Buhari for President

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Votebuhariforpresident2015/1484082385190252
Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by AWONEYAN(m): 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2014
waoh..........
what a great pedigree to silent the Tanoids.
this is a redeemed pastor, so the falacy that Buhari will islamize nigeria wont work
He is reputable legal icon, so no more lies that, Buhari will rule using a military style not respecting the rule of law.

1 Like

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by tit(f): 4:31pm On Dec 15, 2014
thirty:
Discerning electorate is the bedrock of objective choice.

Vote Buhari for President

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Votebuhariforpresident2015/1484082385190252

vote a coupist
a killer
and a thief
Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
AWONEYAN:
waoh..........
what a great pedigree to silent the Tanoids.
this is a redeemed pastor, so the falacy that Buhari will islamize nigeria wont work
He is reputable legal icon, so no more lies that, Buhari will rule using a military style not respecting the rule of law.

I try to avoid the dabate about Buhari and religion

But the Vice President has no real job

he is truly a spare tyre in waiting and is only of use if the President give him responsibility

So Yemi's profile or reputation is not what is being voted here. Buhari is the Presidential candidate

you can put lipstick on a pig . . . . .its still a pig!

4 Likes

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by AJINATU: 4:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
NIGERIA MUST DIVIDE

I LOVE BIAFRA
Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by Daguccizgreat(m): 4:39pm On Dec 15, 2014
Tinubu is just trying to play safe here not knowing that the unpopularity of Osibanjo will affect Apc a lot in challenging Jonathan. I remember he once said dat Oshiomhole will be difficult to control as vp and So is also Amechi who has demonstrated to be radical. With Buhari/ Osibanjo, the coast Is now clear for gej to cruise to victory come february 2015. This reminds me wot the bible says; he who God has enthroned no man can dethrone. Long live gej, long live Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by DVanguard: 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
mikeansy:

He is a full of quality that cannot be challenged and he has a formidable political bigwigs around him to sell him. He is of top quality that will sell internationally because of his United nation work experience, his Legal Output in Nigeria Judiciary system, and again he is a re-known RCCG pastor. He shares only Pastoral function with Bakare but has lots of excellent qualities that Nigerian will adore. Can you compare him with Namadi Sambo. We both know the weight of Sambo. For Tinubu and South west counterpart to endorse him. The 6 states of southwest is a sure vote.
Let us compare him with Sambo. Their achievement towards Nigeria's growth.

1 Like

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by Goddex: 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hm

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by theV0ice: 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
mikeansy:

he is truly a spare tyre in waiting and is only of use if the President give him responsibility

So Yemi's profile or reputation is not what is being voted here. Buhari is the Presidential candidate

was Atiku a mere decoration in OBJ's first term?? wink

we know who is a mere decoration when we see one. GEJ to Yar'adua and Sambo to GEJ are perfect examples of useless spare tires.

Thank God Buhari has a reputation of delegating powers to his subordinates so you can be sure an APC vice president will have a job to do

7 Likes

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by Cchuks27(m): 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
Very good Rèsumè. In fact intimidating. I guess time and confusion pushed them towards him. Well, I sure hope they know what they are doing sha. I hope he can be able to sway the "south west" votes for Buhari. undecided
Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by kenny091(m): 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2014
and just like that tinubu has hurt buhari's chances in 2015 just like he did to ribadu. who is Osinbajo why not just use amaechi who can add more strenght to the movement. regrettably I have to admit that the choice of Osinbajo is good news to the gej camp.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2014
APC playing pingpong since time immemorial, they want to use style to canvass votes from christians.

This professor is another tool of gimmickry.
Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by Cchuks27(m): 4:52pm On Dec 15, 2014
kenny091:
and just like that tinubu has hurt buhari's chances in 2015 just like he did to ribadu. who is Osinbajo why not just use amaechi who can add more strenght to the movement. regrettably I have to admit that the choice of Osinbajo is good news to the gej camp.

You actually know what I'm thinking too. I believe confusion and time pushed them towards him
Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by abokiigbo: 4:52pm On Dec 15, 2014
This is the best choice this nation as ever made. Those who know the prof will tell you that he is in a world apart. Integrity, skill, competence, courage, morality,named it Prof Osinbajo is just too much.
APC got it perfectly right this time around

5 Likes

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by mkoabiola: 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2014
Tinubu and apc will nva pick amechi n oshobaba cos dey will b diificult to control
Bt wit osibanjo,tinubu can alwys control hm @hs will n wish jus lik he dd to BRF of lagos.

1 Like

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by dre4u(m): 4:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
mikeansy:

I agree wit u all vice are like messenger to their boss.
Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by DVanguard: 4:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
Aya, see PDP, TAN Ambassadors crying over another man's problem. APC is known for Technocrat Deputies. The popularity of Buhari and Tinubu alone is enough for PDP to battle with. If you condemn Yemi what will you say of Sambo.
How popular is Sambo?
Yemi dust him Internationally, Professionally, religiously, creatively, clean record (integrity like his boss Buhari), renown intellectual and an accepted ICON in Legal practice in Nigeria.Vote wise, Osinbajo political dynasty controls the political power of his region.
Yemi Osinbajo don't need much media hype to be known, cos his service to Christianity (RCCG) in Nigeria alone will shoot him up. Aya, an na PDP start the religious card. Now APC have provided a candidate that are excellent in what ever service or function they participate. Be it religion and profession. TAN Ambassador How market. I dey Laugh ooooooooo.

8 Likes

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 15, 2014

1 Like

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by emiye(m): 5:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
he was one of the officiating ministers at the redemption camp on friday night programme

1 Like

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by SterlingTowers(m): 5:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
kenny091:

I laugh in Mandarin at your naivety about politics and Tinubuian kind of maneuvers. Give it to the guy, his political wizardry is such that has never been seen in the cosmos called Nigeria. A man breaking the divides of religious and tribal politics and with Apc swayed the whole of the North and those that matters in the east, (the progressives) is not a man that functions on on auto pilot.The man Tinubu though i must quickly add is shameless pilferer and i have no shred of respect for him but take it or leave his political brilliance and strategic kinetics is quit astounding and second to none in the political history of our country. He has unfurled another of his chess move on PDP ,wait and see the result. the only way to stop Buhari is to stop Tinubu the irresistible force and immovable pillar.

4 Likes

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by SterlingTowers(m): 5:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
SterlingTowers:

I laugh in Mandarin at your naivety about politics and Tinubuian kind of maneuvers. Give it to the guy, his political wizardry is such that has never been seen in the cosmos called Nigeria. A man breaking the divides of religious and tribal politics and with Apc swayed the whole of the North and those that matters in the east, (the progressives) is not a man that functions on on auto pilot.The man Tinubu though i must quickly add is shameless pilferer and i have no shred of respect for him but take it or leave his political brilliance and strategic kinetics is quit astounding and second to none in the political history of our country. He has unfurled another of his chess move on PDP ,wait and see the result. the only way to stop Buhari is to stop Tinubu the irresistible force and immovable pillar.
Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by coolhamid(m): 5:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
tit:

vote a coupist
a killer
and a thief
Sense you no get

1 Like

Re: Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo by chamboy(m): 5:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
Is dis news confirm or anoda Pdp jumbo

(1) (2) (Reply)

$1.92bn Malabu Oil Deal:why We Can’t Prosecute Adoke, Madueke, Aganga Yet:malami / Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration / Breaking! Kano In Stand Still As Citizens Denied Kwankwaso To See Sowore (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.