Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo (37683 Views)

Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns To Plantain Sellers (pictures) / Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? / Gmb's Running Mate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo's Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 15, 2014
Yemi Osinbajo, 55, is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and Senior Partner in the Law firm of Simmons Cooper Partners.

His tertiary education was at the Universityof Lagos and the London School of Economics where he obtained the LLB andLLM degrees respectively.

He was appointed the Lagos State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in 1999 and reappointed for a second term in 2003. During the period of his public service, he commenced the Lagos State justice reform project. A prominent feature of that project was the establishment of the Directorate for Citizens’ Rights (DCR) which provides free legal services and legal representation to indigent citizens of the state. This initiative gave a voice to many who would otherwise not have a way to access their rights.

Prior to that appointment, Osinbajo, a Professor of Law, was the Head of Public Law at the Faculty of Law, University of Lagos.

Between 1988 and 1992, he was the Special Adviser to the Attorney-General and Minister of Justice of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He also served as a staff member of the United Nations and Member of the United Nation’s Secretary General’s Committee of Experts on Conduct and Discipline of UN Peacekeeping personnel around the globe.

He is currently an Ethics Advisor to the Ethics Committee of the African Development Bank and is a non-executive Director of Citibank.Prof. Osinbajo is Co-founder & Board Member Convention on Business Integrity and the Justice Research Institute Ltd. He has also authored several law books.

In 2007, Prof. and his wife Oludolapo founded “The Orderly Society Trust”, a non- governmental organization that is dedicated to the promotion of Christian ethics and orderliness.He is a resident pastor at the Olive Tree House of Prayer for All Nations, Banana Island, a parish of the RCCG.

He lives in Lagos with his wife, Dolapo Osinbajo, who is a grandchild of Obafemi Awolowo with three children.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/meet-buharis-running-mate-prof-yemi-Osinbajo/

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Flets: 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
You forgot to add 'Tinubu's stooge'

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by tit(f): 6:05pm On Dec 15, 2014
the old killer and the stooge

12 Likes

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by experimentist: 6:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
I dnt knw dis nigga men. Does he smokes weed?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Tolexander: 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2014
Nice profile!

50 Likes

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by drauj(m): 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2014
Approved.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by KanwuliaJara: 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2014
Not impressed!
A PASTOR-PROF-SAN. . . . ?
Jack of all trade. . . MASTER OF NONE! grin
Shows why BUHARI IS A WEAKLING!
An EASTERNER should have been HIS VP!

Mumu! cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nctrice(m): 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2014
No experience in politics!

3 Likes

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by otipoju(m): 7:49pm On Dec 15, 2014
Tinubu I duff my hat for you...those who wanted to use religious sentiments against the APC have not only been robbed of their weapons but it has been turned against them.

Meanwhile the way PDP have been ranting on top APC matter...its as if they are rehearsing for their new role as the opposition party.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by JDelight(m): 7:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hmmmmmm is like bros Jona u need to come home we wan see u enn i beg let dem go 1st.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Dannylux: 8:06pm On Dec 15, 2014
He will soon join the endless list of VP aspirant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 15, 2014
Nctrice:
No experience in politics!
commissioner for justice? What kind of politics do you mean?

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nctrice(m): 11:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
enairaprof:
commissioner for justice? What kind of politics do you mean?
running for an elective office, clamoring for votes, lobbying etc etc

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 16, 2014
Hmmmm Tinubu...

Beht I actually don't care who the Vice is. Vice and Deputy stuffs in Naija are as useless as the "D" in "Django"

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Mathini(m): 4:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nice profile. Even jona himself fit be VP, the most important thing na Presido Buhari.. For me and my friends ooo " sai Buhari".

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by hazyfm: 4:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
Tolexander:
Nice profile!

WONDERFUL BACKGROUND AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE RULE OF LAW

7 Likes

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by hazyfm: 4:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
Dannylux:
He should also become a doctor. Jack of all trade like one said.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by teemanbastos(m): 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
[size=32pt]Does Sambo have all these?[/size]

#sai Buhari.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Calculia: 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
[size=18pt]GEJ till Mrs Osinbajo resemble woman[/size]

10 Likes

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Brightology2(m): 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
Speechless
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
Na d kin peson wey we dey find be dis, not dat clueless Zoologist Aka Mr "stealing is not corruption",.........Nigerians let's wake up, we need change, don't sell ur vote, no amount of money that can be given to u dat can feed u for d next 4yrs. Come 2015 power must change hand.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Eyop: 9:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
experimentist:
I dnt knw dis nigga men. Does he smokes weed?

Not too much cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by reknownedmarsk(m): 9:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
dah yeye otuoke man is already losing sleeps

7 Likes

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by rattlesnake(m): 9:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
tinubu puppet

there is only ONE awolowo

3 Likes

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Lordtrillion(m): 9:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
Wow

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
Thank God you said "running mate"...them go run taya next year. If he even see Buhari for dream after the election, he go pick race again. He don enter be say he don enter...losers!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by sukkot: 9:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
cool lets get it

1 Like

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by lclogstoun: 9:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
I'm making $86 an hour working from home. I was shocked when my neighbour told me she was averaging $65 but I see how it works now. I feel so much freedom now that I'm my own boss.

This is what I do.......... WWW.MONEYKIN.COM

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nimblemind(m): 9:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
undecided
Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by dannydaniels(m): 9:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ok.but GEJ till I kwench undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Brief Profile: Meet Buhari’s Running Mate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo by gbadexy(m): 9:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
I can feel the wind of change. The momentum is gathering.
seems the change is here afterall. The revolution has started.
I hope we get it right this time.
The youths need to collect their voters card and participate. Dont just participate online. your votes count.
If we all vote and someone rigs, the total number of vote would far exceed the registered voters but if we say they already know the winners and dont vote, it would make it easy for them to rig and go scotsfree.
Be the agent of change you desire. i hope we get it right.

49 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Attack The Presidency Over Abacha Loot Post on Twitter (Snapshot) / I Have Lost Faith In Nigeria's Democracy - Okorocha / Reno Omokri Mocks Obi Crowd That Received Him At Enugu Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.