Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,483 members, 7,781,450 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:33 PM

Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona (1422 Views)

Oliseh: "We Are The Most Poorly Equipped Technical Crew" / What Is The Way Forward For Barcelona? / Download Video: Lionel Messi – Top 10 Goals For Barcelona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
[b]The draw has been draw and Manchester City is to face Barcelona FC... Again. After an impressive fight against The strong Bayern Munich and an impressive win against AS Roma, we are to play one of the greatest teams of all time.

This is the second time Manchester City is meeting Barcelona in the last sixteen. Barcelona won the last one. A controversial decision to award a penalty instead of a free kick did not go down well with Coach Pellegrini. We lost the game and Coach Pellegrini got suspended for showing his disappointment.

We can not deny that Barcelona was the better side and the CityZens would have lost with or without the poor decision of the referee.

Manchester City started poorly this season in their champions league campaign. It looked like another disappointing season in Europe. However, Manchester City pulled off an impressive late display against Bayern Munich and beat them at Germany. The last group game against AS Roma was also impressive. The recent results shows that Coach Pellegrini has been able to find out some reasons why Manchester City were not doing well. Their recent results shows a team growing in confidence.

Mangala was disappointing. His poor form also led to weaknesses in our defence. Recently, Mangala has shown improvement in his game. Mangala's game play improved and his positioning has improved. A lot of Manchester City fans believe Mangala was the east player in our game against Leicester City. That tells a lot of how much growth Mangala has shown.

The victory against Roma showed a team that has learnt from their mistakes. A team that knows how to fix a problem.

No doubt, Barcelona FC have classy players and they know how to show up in big occasions. I expect a tough game. This Manchester City team is ready for the big challenge. Manchester City can compete with the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich in performance. Delivering results in games like this is important.

The biggest strength of the CityZens lie in our confidence. Winning Barcelona will be a big boost in our confidence. The recent results show growth in confidence. If our form continue, then we should expect an entertaining match.

I am not saying beating Barcelona will be easy. I am saying this is a time the hard work and belief can pay.
http://wearecitizens..com/2014/12/manchester-city-are-better-equipped-for.html[/b]

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by evanscheck(m): 12:25am On Dec 16, 2014
We don hear, make the match start we go know who go win
Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by ClintonNzedimma(m): 1:00am On Dec 16, 2014
Analysing the match tactically.
Barcelona got more experience and individually brilliant players.
Luis Enrique is going exploit the pace and quickness of Man City by keeping possession, overloading a flank and attack from the opposite and it ends up as a draw in Manchester likely 2-2.
Note that our defence is a bit better than last season.
Back in Camp Nou, he will bring up a suprising formation to disorganize Man City like he did a more tough and experienced PSG or the usual 4-3-3 with messi as a playmaker dropping back and neymar and suarez playing as center forwards.
One of the factors that will contribute to Man City's forseen knockout is that they will come out to attack and barca likes it that way.
The only possible way for City to beat barca is to park the bus and counter because keeping possession against barca is suicide-
even Madrid knows that.
But fingers crossed.
I think it will be a tough game.
Sit back, Relax and Enjoy.
Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:12am On Dec 16, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:
Analysing the match tactically.
Barcelona got more experience and individually brilliant players.
Luis Enrique is going exploit the pace and quickness of Man City by keeping possession, overloading a flank and attack from the opposite and it ends up as a draw in Manchester likely 2-2.
Note that our defence is a bit better than last season.
Back in Camp Nou, he will bring up a suprising formation to disorganize Man City like he did a more tough and experienced PSG or the usual 4-3-3 with messi as a playmaker dropping back and neymar and suarez playing as center forwards.
One of the factors that will contribute to Man City's forseen knockout is that they will come out to attack and barca likes it that way.
The only possible way for City to beat barca is to park the bus and counter because keeping possession against barca is suicide-
even Madrid knows that.
But fingers crossed.
I think it will be a tough game.
Sit back, Relax and Enjoy.
Coach Pellegrini always plays the same way. So a change in formation by Coach Enrique will not disorganize us.

The CityZens focus on their game instead of the opposing teams style. So no matter what formation is thrown on the CityZens, we are ready for it.

You said the park bus is the only way, I do not think so Real Madrid beat Barcelona recently and they did not park the bus. Man City, we have a unique defending style that is similar to the park bus formation. We do not press but mark. We hold our line and stay deep. What separates us is that we attack when we have the ball and not keep few men up.

The Fernando and Fernandinho combination is looking promising. I think this time, we are ready. If Aguero is back to full fitness, we will definitely have what it takes to match Barca.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:31am On Dec 16, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Coach Pellegrini always plays the same way. So a change in formation by Coach Enrique will not disorganize us.

The CityZens focus on their game instead of the opposing teams style. So no matter what formation is thrown on the CityZens, we are ready for it.

You said the park bus is the only way, I do not think so Real Madrid beat Barcelona recently and they did not park the bus. Man City, we have a unique defending style that is similar to the park bus formation. We do not press but mark. We hold our line and stay deep. What separates us is that we attack when we have the ball and not keep few men up.

The Fernando and Fernandinho combination is looking promising. I think this time, we are ready. If Aguero is back to full fitness, we will definitely have what it takes to match Barca.
You cant compare madrid with man city.
Man City lack experience.
When u see barca in la liga, we are a different team than when you see us in UCL.
The only reason why we didnt reach the semi final last year is because we were given an atletico madrid...if we were given chelsea, it would have been a walk over.
You cant compare Aguero to Messi, Neymar and Suarez (1 against 3).
If barca were able to contain cr7 from scoring a legit goal in the classico, then who is aguero?

Our defence is better than last season.
We are the best team defensively in the world this season and one of the the top 3 teams in UCL.
Am aware the citizens beat bayern but lets be honest, they were 1 man down.
Pellegrini better stop hoping Aguero is in form...lets just say Aguero is not in form
how is he going to be to beat one of the top 3 sides in european football?

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by Whizkel(m): 7:53am On Dec 16, 2014
i believe manchester city will make a Great change. Though it might result in a defeat,but they will try their possible best. I always see the blue moon RISING.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by Yustash001(m): 8:37am On Dec 16, 2014
Well equipped for barca?...lol...Na basket them go take pack am......U.C.L is not just by having only quality players but the combination of quality and experienced players....
Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by oyewolestephen(m): 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2014
The silly draw is unfavorable to city side. City that just made narrow escape in their bloody group. To face Barcelona again. From frying pan to a fire. To hell with UEFA and their awkward draw against city, right from day one in UCL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by Greatihex(m): 6:00pm On Dec 16, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

When u see barca in la liga, we are a different team than when you see us in UCL.
The only reason why we didnt reach the semi final last year is because we were given an atletico madrid...if we were given chelsea, it would have been a walk over.
If barca were able to contain cr7 from scoring a legit goal in the classico, then who is aguero?

We are the best team defensively in the world this season and one of the the top 3 teams in UCL.
Pellegrini better stop hoping Aguero is in form...lets just say Aguero is not in form
u dn dy find our trouble nw. After una go say we dy too make noise. Which one is "if we were given chelsea, it would have been a walk over." how many times have u worked over chelsea? Barca fit make noise 4 where other clubs dey, but no b chelsea. Anyday, anytime, chelsea wl always gv barca a run for their money.
Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
Greatihex:
u dn dy find our trouble nw. After una go say we dy too make noise. Which one is "if we were given chelsea, it would have been a walk over." how many times have u worked over chelsea? Barca fit make noise 4 where other clubs dey, but no b chelsea. Anyday, anytime, chelsea wl always gv barca a run for their money.
chelsea is not better than barca....they are just a nemesis.
When they call top 3 teams in Europe, they dont mention chelsea...its either bayern, madrid or barca.
Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by khattab02: 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
Hmmm.... Let the bragging right begins....

By feb and march we go know who be who??
Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by Bigloaf: 8:42pm On Dec 16, 2014
I love my team the city boyz. I believed we go upper. God dey our side.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by Greatihex(m): 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

chelsea is not better than barca....they are just a nemesis.
When they call top 3 teams in Europe, they dont mention chelsea...its either bayern, madrid or barca.
i neva said chelsea is beta than barca; nt dat i cnt say it, bt i neva said so. Saying that chelsea would hv bn a walk over, caught my attention, which prompted the reply 4rm me. I am happy u knw our history.
Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

If Granada could contain Barcelona FC, why do you think it is impossible for Man City? We are in better shape than last season. We can hurt Barca.
Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
Greatihex:
i neva said chelsea is beta than barca; nt dat i cnt say it, bt i neva said so. Saying that chelsea would hv bn a walk over, caught my attention, which prompted the reply 4rm me. I am happy u knw our history.
thats why i said chelsea is a nemesis to barca and not a superior force
Chelsea has never defended the fact that they knocked out barca in 2012...thats why i still have beef with chelsea fans (bad belle matters).
Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
If Granada could contain Barcelona FC, why do you think it is impossible for Man City? We are in better shape than last season. We can hurt Barca.
Granada didnt contain barca at all, i watched that match and was pleased with barca's performance.
Granada parked the bus and hoped for a goalless draw.
Our defence is better than least season and we got a scientist as a coach although his experiments are hurting us sometimes.
Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

Granada didnt contain barca at all, i watched that match and was pleased with barca's performance.
I did not say Man City are better than Barca. The statement of Man City being better equipped means we are stronger to Face Barca. Not better.
Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:19pm On Dec 16, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
I did not say Man City are better than Barca. The statement of Man City being better equipped means we are stronger to Face Barca. Not better.
sorry, i modified my comment.
Ignore the part where i was talking who is better.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by Greatihex(m): 8:29am On Dec 17, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

thats why i said chelsea is a nemesis to barca and not a superior force
Chelsea has never defended the fact that they knocked out barca in 2012...thats why i still have beef with chelsea fans (bad belle matters).
in what way do u want them to defend it?
Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:47am On Dec 17, 2014
Greatihex:
in what way do u want them to defend it?
by playing barca again...
Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by Greatihex(m): 10:11am On Dec 17, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

by playing barca again...
we dnt make the draws. Though, i wl be happy to meet barca in quarter final, so that they wl go home early, just like last season.
Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:46am On Dec 17, 2014
Greatihex:
we dnt make the draws. Though, i wl be happy to meet barca in quarter final, so that they wl go home early, just like last season.
hmmm....chelsea fans sabi brag sha.
I just want barca to meet chelsea nd dats all
Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by Greatihex(m): 3:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

hmmm....chelsea fans sabi brag sha.
I just want barca to meet chelsea nd dats all
hope our prayers are answered.
Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
these are the only clubs in the world

real Madrid
bayern munich
Barcelona.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by CSTR: 1:55am On Dec 18, 2014
Ochillary:
these are the only clubs in the world

real Madrid
bayern munich
Barcelona.

Maybe last season, but this season chelsea is a slightly better team than barcelona.
I would bet my laptop on them knocking barcelona out convincingly.
Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by Nobody: 2:32am On Dec 18, 2014
CSTR:
Maybe last season, but this season chelsea is a slightly better team than barcelona.
true.. but Barcelona will always be Barcelona.
Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by Whizkel(m): 3:57am On Dec 18, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

Our defence is better than least season and we got a scientist as a coach although his experiments are hurting us sometimes.
. If small teams could shock barca like that,why can city do that. And even their last game in laliga, why would an experienced referred bring the match to an end ,when a player is in the possession of the ball almost driving the ball into the net? Part of same sh*t happened against city last epl game. The demichelis red card and the penalty. Was that to be awarded for a free kick or a penalty? Cos he dived a little into the box.. I just pray all city's players are available before the match. It wouldn't be a walkover or an easy game for barcelona i bet u.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:39am On Dec 18, 2014
CSTR:
you must be joking.
chelsea hasnt faced any acid test this season, even man city played bayern, that barca u are underrating ended psg's streak of being undeafeated this season, you think say na to knack maribor 6-0 be the matter? .
I repeat there are only 2 teams i respect in this champions league.
Thats Barca and Man City especially man city.
You think say to beat Bayern na beans? Or even PSG?

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Are Better Equipped For Barcelona by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:50am On Dec 18, 2014
Whizkel:
. If small teams could shock barca like that,why can city do that. And even their last game in laliga, why would an experienced referred bring the match to an end ,when a player is in the possession of the ball almost driving the ball into the net? Part of same sh*t happened against city last epl game. The demichelis red card and the penalty. Was that to be awarded for a free kick or a penalty? Cos he dived a little into the box.. I just pray all city's players are available before the match. It wouldn't be a walkover or an easy game for barcelona i bet u.
okay...lets wait and see.

(1) (Reply)

Am Disappointed : Manchester United Wants To Buy This Player For £42 Million / NIGERIA VS CAMEROON: Odion Ighalo Is In Camp, Mikel Expected Toady. Ogu And Tony / Iceland Has Made History As The First Smallest Nation Ever To Qualify For World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.